View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 218 of 242 FirstFirst ... 118168208213216217218219220223228 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Congrats.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Holy shit, you said this was long, but this is way over-the-top long. I don't think a lot of people are going to read a storytime that goes that fast. AGP worked because people got to hype each other in between blurbs.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I recognize that issue, having had to actually hammer out those 200 posts, but that's just how the format turned out. At least 20 people have read it judging by the hits on the pastebin at the end, that's good enough. I didn't do it for fame. Still, I will try to do something about it next time.

I'm mainly glad that people went 'yeah this meguca shit is not for me', and nobody went 'quests don't belong on /tg/ REEEEEEEEEEE' or that a mod didn't just prune it on sight. That's what I expected was going to happen on the /tg/ of today.

Eh, I don't think people hate quests so much anymore) I mean, CYOA still seems to have a general whenever I check, lol). Those that remember pre-/qst/ days of quests filling up the catalog are too oldfag to begrudge a neckbeard storytiming, probably. Storytimes (particularly storytimes worth reading) seem to have become somewhat of a rarity in general...
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Weirdly enough, I'm actually getting a lot more feedback now. Seems nobody noticed it since it was Christmas.

Will probably be posting a cleaned up version before or the next part, by the way. I gave myself Christmas as a deadline, and because of that, it completely lacks proofreading besides me scrolling through the post looking for things autocorrect points out. And you can REALLY tell. People say it put them off, so.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I recognize that issue, having had to actually hammer out those 200 posts, but that's just how the format turned out. At least 20 people have read it judging by the hits on the pastebin at the end, that's good enough. I didn't do it for fame. Still, I will try to do something about it next time.

I'm mainly glad that people went 'yeah this meguca shit is not for me', and nobody went 'quests don't belong on /tg/ REEEEEEEEEEE' or that a mod didn't just prune it on sight. That's what I expected was going to happen on the /tg/ of today.
    I hear this a lot - what exactly was different about /tg/? I remember when they had lots of quests. I liked them.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Besides the obvious - that we were all younger and more accepting of things - the board used to be really creative. The statement that /tg/ gets things done used to be a thing because it has genuinely produced a lot of content over the years. Look at suptg and its front page now, there are entire months in recent memory where nothing happened that anyone thought was worth archiving. This would have never happened back then, and it's not because of quests filling it up, it was because all kinds of things were moving forward and people liked to keep notes as they went.

What you attribute this draught of content to is up to you, you can say that questers were also most of the board's drawfriends and writefriends, or you can say nazimod killed it by wanting everything to be a general circlejerk where new ideas drown, but myself, I'd attribute it to the hobby itself. These days mtg is a joke, warhammer doesn't exist and 5e is some kind of weird thing that wants to be esports despite being the roleplaying system equivalent of Candy Crush. There's not much to talk about, unless you're willing to reach into the past, or get something done yourself. And now we all have jobs, you know.

I mean, it's not like newfriends (of the typical underage variety) don't keep joining 4chins every day, a single look at /v/ or /a/ should be enough to convince anyone of that. If we indeed accept that /tg/ has declined (which I don't know if I'm prepared to believe, for the simple reason that I just don't hang out there as much anymore), I'd say it's more likely that other alternatives killed it. Roleplaying requires the kind of cooperation that, for good or ill, does not arise naturally in an imageboard whose users can't even work together to count to 20 (which is why all major "/tg/ projects", as well as creative endeavors on other boards like /a/ sings, orchestr/a/ or the /vg/ Football Championship actually took place mostly offsite). So when the actually creative people find refuge in, say, reddit or RPG.net, the only people left in /tg/ are those looking for lulz and those too socially inept to thrive in more controlled environments.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Two surprising classes I just found on Drivethru:
    The Magus (5e Class)
    The Clergy (5e Class)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Do we have a specific Vampire the Masquerade thread, or should I dump my questions here?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    VtM has been discussed here before, but whatever suits you
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'll start off by saying that I really like the concept of Paths of Enlightenment. Most other RPGs, like D&D and any Star Wars ones, just have some generic good or evil, light or dark garbage. Path of Enlightenment is essentially not being "shameless", but having a completely alien set of values, in regards to pride, shame, virtue, vice, etc.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    'Let's get morally relativist' is the premise of all White Wolf games, especially in relation to each other's internal philosophy. Pretty strange you'd pick Vampire of them all, though, which subverts that by having the fact you're evil be a starting point. Might have more fun with Beast or something.

I guess the latest edition is so very morally relativist it manages to whitewash Cain from the critically acclaimed Bible.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Don't you start off with a neutral standing on a "human" morality scale? Well, Cain has mellowed out since his younger days. Everyone does dumb shit when they're young. Cain's "dumb shit" was the world's first fratricide... Of course, that did net him superpowers.

The other WoD RPG have no humanity, and no "morality scale" at all. It's there in Vampires because the whole game is about how you will inevitably lose it with time. A good 50% of the game mechanics are there just to make you lose humanity.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But there are ways to gain it back, though. Also, in terms of power levels, I understand that the use of thickening and withering allows for essentially plot-based power levels, but wasn't withering retconned? If that's the case, from what I've seen, how was the Second Inquisition not instantly crushed? Weaker vampires may die, but the stronger ones should be able to deal with most inquisitors, shouldn't they? Sure, neo-inquisitors are sanctioned by governments, but those sanctions are ultimately unofficial, like in spy stories with the whole "if you're killed or captured, we'll deny your existence" policies, or are the princes and barons too preoccupied with pulling power to and from each other to bother putting more effort into hunting hunters?

Regardless of vampire power levels, even when he was human, Mitnick managed to get nuclear launch codes. I would assume that his hacking skills have improved since then. Wouldn't such skill essentially scare most governments into submission? And this isn't even getting into manipulating the stock market, banking (no pun intended) on the fact that humans are more slaves to financial greed than vampires are to bloodlust.

Ah, yes, the many ways to gain back humanity.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Did I say many?

No. So...?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Well, I'll start off by saying that I really like the concept of Paths of Enlightenment. Most other RPGs, like D&D and any Star Wars ones, just have some generic good or evil, light or dark garbage. Path of Enlightenment is essentially not being "shameless", but having a completely alien set of values, in regards to pride, shame, virtue, vice, etc.
    it also lets you be a murderhobo much much more efficiently, don't forget that
    don't quote me on this