View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 219 of 242 FirstFirst ... 119169209214217218219220221224229 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Again, murdering for the sake of murdering or making an "evil as possible" character is the shallow edgelord bullshit that I left behind many years ago but still look back on and feel shame about. If anything, D&D directly allows you to make "murder hobo" classes but directly allowing you to call yourself chaotic or evil or what have you.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    eh, my most fun vampire campaign involved a bunch of edgelord monsters and their audacious exploits (and unlikely survival) from the dark ages to the final nights
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And what path of enlightenment could that possibly be? Otherwise, you're not a vampire, just a wight.

Blog Entries
    have you heard about our lord and savior the Road of Sin?
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    By the way, is it possible to hybrid Paths? For example, I don't mind going Road of Sin, but just against Hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    No. So...?
    Well, in the Bloodlines PC game, I always end up with more humanity points than I started off with.
    In something unrelated, I must ask: Can Nosferatu retract their nails? If not, with those nails, how are so many of them master hackers, you know, who use keyboards?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; March 23rd, 2021 at 07:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    By the way, is it possible to hybrid Paths? For example, I don't mind going Road of Sin, but just against Hunters.
    Nice try, but nope.

Paths are supposed to be challenging. Road of Sin is challenging if the situation is set up in such a way that being an asshole is not the right choice.

Of course, if you don't mind being an utter asshole, it's a really easy path to follow, making it a decent choice for murderhobos.

Still having stuff like "refusing to feed when the opportunity arises" at 2 in the hierarchy of sins is pretty brutal.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How far are you stretching the word "opportunity", though? There's feeding, and then there's feeding without getting caught.

Well, in the Bloodlines PC game, I always end up with more humanity points than I started off with.
    That is totally on the Bloodlines PC game.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also, like with D&D, it really depends on the version: https://www.reddit.com/r/vtm/comment...manity_in_vtm/ Fifth Edition or 20th Anniversary Edition
    Generational titles are purely based on generation and not on age, right? For example, if an Antediluvian sired someone in the modern nights, that fledgling would still be considered a Methuselah, correct?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; March 24th, 2021 at 03:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    They would be considered a delicious snack unless they were powerful enough, or were under the protection of someone who was.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 1st, 2021 at 11:38 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    How far are you stretching the word "opportunity", though? There's feeding, and then there's feeding without getting caught.
    Whenever you can get away with it. If you're low after a long night, you're expected to grab and drain
    whatever random lonely passerby/lost kid that has the misfortune to be around. If the logistics make it complicated, a benevolent GM may be lenient but you really should try to behave like the utter monster you are. Also you don't need to feed lethally, so most of the time there's no real excuse not to grab a little bite.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Whenever you can get away with it. If you're low after a long night, you're expected to grab and drain
    whatever random lonely passerby/lost kid that has the misfortune to be around. If the logistics make it complicated, a benevolent GM may be lenient but you really should try to behave like the utter monster you are. Also you don't need to feed lethally, so most of the time there's no real excuse not to grab a little bite.
    But then there's the cruel GM who nominally lets you do this and then "reveals" the chance that a random homeless bum (or if you are feeding off of said bum, another bum) walks by that alley that you are feeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    They would be considered a delicious snack unless they were powerful enough, or were under the protection of someone who was.
    Well, yeah, but because their blood is "purer", they would definitely have higher potential power, but my whole point is that "Methuselah", despite the implications of the name (the Biblical Methuselah was known for his long life), does not necessarily imply numerical age.

Blog Entries
    But then there's the cruel GM who nominally lets you do this and then "reveals" the chance that a random homeless bum (or if you are feeding off of said bum, another bum) walks by that alley that you are feeding.
    I mean that's not particularly cruel, a cruel GM would have the bum be a Garou, or the loved one of the baddest monster around, or something like that.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Well, yeah, but because their blood is "purer", they would definitely have higher potential power, but my whole point is that "Methuselah", despite the implications of the name (the Biblical Methuselah was known for his long life), does not necessarily imply numerical age.
    Elders wouldn't be bending the knee to them unless daddy were standing behind baby Methuselah, is what I mean.

The average Methuselah has been around since before Rome, hence the name.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's fine. I was just more hung up on the terminology. Also, while Masquerade (Kindred law) violations are obviously dangerous to one's unlife, criminal (kine law) violations are hardly an issue, if they can be "resolved" without the aforementioned Masquerade violations, correct?

Blog Entries
    Technically correct, but the thing with the Masquerade (and all vampire laws, really) is that it's pretty much a pretext for the elders to abuse their power.

If you're in good standing with the local elders, you can get away with a bunch of stuff, but if you were already a pariah you'll be bullied for any perceived misdemeanor.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wh...20160121121022 Is this image symbolic that the Antediluvians are "children" of the Watchers, or have Antediluvians mastered their physical forms to a degree that allows them to appear as lolis or shotas, regardless of the actual age that they got Embraced? This would also account for the fact that even within the article itself, the gender of Vasilisa, a very powerful Methuselah, appears to change at every other mention.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; April 5th, 2021 at 10:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    IIRC that image is from the Gehenna campaign book, which features a scenario in which the Malkavian Antediluvian manifested as a group of little girls that talked in perfect sync.

An active Antediluvian is pretty much a physical god who can do whatever they please. Same with someone like "Vasilisa", who looks however it wants to look. What was it originally? Who knows. It's not telling.

Unless you somehow nerf them (as the aforementioned Gehenna rulebook did), that tier of characters are pretty much plot devices and even the NPC-sheet-happy old WoD sourcebooks refuse to give them stats.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 5th, 2021 at 11:25 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's always the Malks who make unlife that much more interesting. I note that most of the stranger vampire weaknesses, such as not casting a reflection, needing ancestral soil, or being warded off by holy objects, are just relegated to specific bloodlines (Lasombra, Tzimisce, and Baali, respectively). Therefore, my question is if there is a bloodline or clan that requires invitation to enter a house.

Blog Entries
    There isn't, but there's a Flaw for that.

Privacy Obsession (3 pt Flaw)
    You carry the Tzimisce respect for privacy to extremes. You must make a Willpower roll (difficulty 6) to enter another being’s dwelling without being invited (though you will go to fiendishly clever lengths to garner an unwitting invitation). When disturbed in your manse by an uninvited guest, you must make a Self-control or Instincts roll (difficulty 7) to avoid a frenzy.

Non-Sabbat Tzimisce are the most territorial and old-fashioned of the clans, so it makes most sense for them.
    don't quote me on this