View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 221 of 242 FirstFirst ... 121171211216219220221222223226231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah yep, the usual NPC-only hax.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Also about V5

The Lasombra are in the process of joining the Camarilla. The price being that for each Lasombra that join, another must be destroyed. The Camarilla wants those sweet, sweet Catholic Church contacts the Lasombra have.
    It's not so clear cut, and the procedure for ex-Sabbat Lasombra to apply seems to vary depending on the place.

Non-Sabbat Lasombra shouldn't have so many problems.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    3. Yep, as with privacy obsession. In terms of holy objects, can one clan's curse be another's flaw?
    Oh, and in terms of using Vampire the Masquerade memes for other vampire series, such as Shiki:
    Sunako's coterie in a nutshell:

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    So is that Nanjing Archbishop still in power? Going back to Japan, you're essentially saying that if some Cainites started dicking around there, there would be no punishment nor support from the Camarilla?
    The Camarilla maybe not, but the local Kuei Jin would definitely notice a Cainite presence "dicking around". And more pertinently, if I recall my Hunter well Japan is home to some of the most prestigious Hunter conspiracies, so you'd be hunted on at least two fronts (if not three).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    True, but generally speaking, Cainites and Kuei-Jin would be enemies, regardless, as shown by the attempted Ming Xiao alliance in Bloodlines. "Hunters" is kind of an umbrella term, isn't it? For example, in Bloodlines, despite both being Hunters, Bach and Yukie clearly were not working together, given their organization differences. Then, of course, there are the superstitious yokels, such as Bertram would call them, who just barely pass as "Hunters".

Blog Entries
    True, but generally speaking, Cainites and Kuei-Jin would be enemies, regardless, as shown by the attempted Ming Xiao alliance in Bloodlines. "Hunters" is kind of an umbrella term, isn't it? For example, in Bloodlines, despite both being Hunters, Bach and Yukie clearly were not working together, given their organization differences. Then, of course, there are the superstitious yokels, such as Bertram would call them, who just barely pass as "Hunters".
    There's hunters, and then there's Hunters as in Hunter the Reckoning, which have moar speshul supah powahs

- - - Updated - - -

3. Yep, as with privacy obsession. In terms of holy objects, can one clan's curse be another's flaw?
    Oh, and in terms of using Vampire the Masquerade memes for other vampire series, such as Shiki:
    Sunako's coterie in a nutshell:
    Almost all clan curses would qualify as Flaws imo
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, we're adding another layer. Yeah, I just remember Bach as the only kine whose crazy cross-waving antics actually did anything.
    I notice that somehow we went into talking about how the Lasombra joined the Camarilla, but wouldn't that be more of an issue for the Banu Haqim, due to their practice of diablerie?
    True, but if that's the case, not all curses can be willpower'd through, such as sun damage. Meanwhile, privacy obsession can be willpower'd through.

I looked it up. I was remembering shrine maidens and yokai hunter families (probably some sort of fan creation I had stuck in my head), but actually the preeminent Hunter organization in Japan (and indeed SEA), Strike Force Zero, is full-on cybernetics and cutting edge tech. Also, they may or may not be directly backed by a Demon (which on OWOD is a very, Very Big Deal).

That aside, please stop bringing up VtM:B when it comes to lore. Amazing as it was as a videogame, and more faithful than most, it's still heavily constrained by being, well, a videogame. Half the things you do in that game would either end with you meeting Final Death in comically short order or be plain outright impossible for a neonate.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Isn't there a canon reason for that what with Cain secretly giving you powerups? https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Suckhead "Fans have speculated that Caine was somehow manipulating the PC's vitae in order to gradually decrease their Generation over the course of the game, or that Caine was accelerating the gradual thickening of the blood that Beckett and Dr. Douglas Netchurch had noted, which typically takes place on the scale of centuries or millennia." Like with level 10 Fortitude, VtM appears to have literal systems in place for stuff, like plot armor. I know that, in terms of diablerie, there is always a chance of the "food" possessing the "eater" if the "food" is a powerful vampire, like an Antediluvian. However, would it be possible for a single vampire to be diablerized by several others? If so, wouldn't that decrease the chances of "indigestion", or what, do we get a clone situation where the soul of the "food" possesses its multiple "eaters"?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; April 13th, 2021 at 10:49 AM.

Isn't there a canon reason for that what with Cain secretly giving you powerups? https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Suckhead "Fans have speculated that Caine was somehow manipulating the PC's vitae in order to gradually decrease their Generation over the course of the game, or that Caine was accelerating the gradual thickening of the blood that Beckett and Dr. Douglas Netchurch had noted, which typically takes place on the scale of centuries or millennia." Like with level 10 Fortitude, VtM appears to have literal systems in place for stuff, like plot armor. I know that, in terms of diablerie, there is always a chance of the "food" possessing the "eater" if the "food" is a powerful vampire, like an Antediluvian. However, would it be possible for a single vampire to be diablerized by several others? If so, wouldn't that decrease the chances of "indigestion", or what, do we get a clone situation where the soul of the "food" possesses its multiple "eaters"?
    That's all fan speculation (and not even particularly well sourced speculation, at that); officially, Caine isn't present in the game at all, let alone playing cabbie for some rando fledgling.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I feel like, if we go into whether or not the cabbie is Cain, that could be its own thread, so let's just talk about another ancestral vampire, instead: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Princess ... Wait.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Maybe I should replay Shadows of New York huh

Blog Entries
    that's a fun cameo

The multiple diablerie thing is a thing in the aptly named (and very terrible) VtM: Diablerie books. There were also rules (could be homebrew) for how much of the eaten vampire's psyche remains, it unsuprisingly involved Willpower rolls.
    don't quote me on this

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    That's all fan speculation (and not even particularly well sourced speculation, at that); officially, Caine isn't present in the game at all, let alone playing cabbie for some rando fledgling.
    That's retroactive on White Wolf's part. The game as designed very strongly implies the cabbie is Caine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    There were also rules (could be homebrew) for how much of the eaten vampire's psyche remains, it unsuprisingly involved Willpower rolls.
    If I remember it correctly, it was a mix of both; Diablerie spoke of how diablerising a vampire might change someone's Demeanor, or even Nature, but either didn't provide mechanics or only provided some vague suggestions, but then someone came up with a full set of rules.

Blog Entries
    yes I think it was something like that in the 90s, but IIRC one of the V20 books introduced official rules

Edit: v20 black hand
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 14th, 2021 at 12:08 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    That's retroactive on White Wolf's part. The game as designed very strongly implies the cabbie is Caine.

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember it correctly, it was a mix of both; Diablerie spoke of how diablerising a vampire might change someone's Demeanor, or even Nature, but either didn't provide mechanics or only provided some vague suggestions, but then someone came up with a full set of rules.
    I don't know about "very strongly implies", but either way it's always been something of a fun Easter Egg for VtM fans that "holy shit the cabbie was Caine/some Antediluvian or something all along!" rather than an overt part of the plot. White Wolf neither confirmed nor denied, therefore it's still in the realm of fan speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Maybe I should replay Shadows of New York huh
    Other than the maybe-Arc reference, is it worth anything? Last I looked it up I believe I ended up with some red flags but I don't remember what they were.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

If I remember it correctly, White Wolf indirectly confirmed that wasn't Caine in the Gehenna sourcebook.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Are custom Roads/paths viable? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-enlightenment Also, and I understand that this is a really dumb question, but I know that the Lasombra compulsion is ruthlessness, but that's ruthlessness in pursuit of whatever personal goal they decide for themselves and not just being an asshole on purpose, right? https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Lasombra#Compulsion In other words, they have no qualms about playing the nice guy, if it fits with their own overall plans, resulting in the vampire equivalent of this hilarious scene:

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    If I remember it correctly, White Wolf indirectly confirmed that wasn't Caine in the Gehenna sourcebook.
    Gehenna came out January '04, VtM:B November the same year. The book was already out when the game came out (and the game indirectly references the book in several places, such as the presence of Thinbloods/Caitiff on the beach in Santa Monica).
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Huh. Could have sworn it was the other way around. My mistake, then!

Blog Entries
    Are custom Roads/paths viable? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-enlightenment Also, and I understand that this is a really dumb question, but I know that the Lasombra compulsion is ruthlessness, but that's ruthlessness in pursuit of whatever personal goal they decide for themselves and not just being an asshole on purpose, right? https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Lasombra#Compulsion In other words, they have no qualms about playing the nice guy, if it fits with their own overall plans, resulting in the vampire equivalent of this hilarious scene:
    Wait for the V5 Sabbat book, I guess, this whole compulsion thing is pretty new. I would think it's ruthlessness in pursuit of their goals, that's the usual meaning of the word. ie, they're cutthroat bastards.

tbf i think the existing roads/paths are bad enough that i wouldn't think of making new ones, but hey it's a game
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 15th, 2021 at 03:39 AM.
    don't quote me on this