View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 225 of 242 FirstFirst ... 125175215220223224225226227230235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Regardless of anything else, I must thank World of Darkness for calling vampires "Kindred".

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Help me out, please, folks: there's a sourcebook for Mutants & Masterminds - I think for its 1st Edition, but there may be an equivalent one for later editions - which is all about sword & sorcery heroes like Conan, the Warlord, Nightmaster, etc. Does anyone happen to know its name?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Help me out, please, folks: there's a sourcebook for Mutants & Masterminds - I think for its 1st Edition, but there may be an equivalent one for later editions - which is all about sword & sorcery heroes like Conan, the Warlord, Nightmaster, etc. Does anyone happen to know its name?
    Sounds like this? https://greenroninstore.com/products...d-warlocks-pdf
    don't quote me on this

Awesome! Thanks, aldeayeah! :-)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    After 6 months of bi-weekly (is that the one that's every two weeks?) PF2 gameplay, I can say I like it a lot. Very different from other stuff I've played (D&D 4E, Tormenta RPG, PF1) but I really like how they opened up archetypes from class-specific to available to pretty much everyone and everything.

Huh. I haven't played it yet, but when I read the book, it actually reminded me quite a bit of 4E.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

B R U H

Blog Entries
    It's escapism! Can't you see? It's not healthy!
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I'm mostly smitten that he actually bothered to write all of that stuff out, even if it was the weapon used by the villain of a 20+ player megadungeon which we have encountered before. He knows nobody will actually use it among the PCs, because 1) The dwarves will never give it to a non-dwarf and would hunt down anybody who steals it, 2) my guy has a bound weapon he was given by Moradin to specifically kill this person; 3) even if he was willing to take it, dwarven demipaladins are required to be constantly on the move so it would not be actually safe if he took it, and finally 4) He was just a throwaway PC for this dungeon who has gained 6 character levels in the process of it and will probably never be seen again as I return to my actual character who could not be here.

Spoiler:

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

B R U H
    That's a lot of text for one weapon...
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    that's not a weapon, that's a goddamn plot device
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Broke: fairly balanced and concise game item descriptions to encourage a fluid, well thought ought level of play.
    Woke: lore sperging rosetta stone esque descriptions of every pebble in a beach because one of them is going to be a minor plot device 54.678 / Ф sessions from now.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries

The dungeon itself is a repurposed lvl15 dungeon with some of the traps toned down, but the axe is not. The true horror dawns on you when you realize all those other items could be statted out as well.

Rest of the prophecy, so you can know how verbose dorftown really was:

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    So, you might be aware that I've been trying to create a Metroid RP for the past few years and eventually I decided that I wanted to do it as a tabletop game, but I couldn't find a system designed for space marines since the characters are intended to be GF Marines (You know, the guys who get owned in Metroid Prime 2 and then mount a savage planetary assault on the Space Pirate Homeworld in Metroid Prime 3). There's the D20 Star Wars rules, but there's too much Jedi material on those character sheets to be appropriate, but I recently found something and immediately knew that it would be perfect: Halo Mythic 2.5. It's a homebrew system, and I'm still getting acquainted with it, but it feels like the right way to go. Would anyone be interested in playing this?

Metroid: Lost Star Introduction

The game will involve exploration, discovery, and ultimately, finding a way to get off the planet you're stranded on. There'll even be a mechanic for upgrading your characters' hardware and building up a base of operations around your crash site with resources you find across the various locales you investigate. And of course, there'll be Chozo artifacts, and plenty of other Metroid mainstays. Including Metroids (duh).

Please tell me that there's some interest.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Perspective makes you think you're right. Escavalien's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean I'm interested because you're stranded on a planet with plenty of weird shit going on but I've never played a metroid before, despite always wanting to get around to it, so I don't know if you'd want to incorporate a player like that.

That and I have no idea how people host around here exactly, since there's RP threads but there's also discord screenshots.

Blog Entries
    Sounds cool. Might check.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    It's escapism! Can't you see? It's not healthy!
    The ironic thing is that that quote is from a game with a magic book that can actually remake the world. It's no longer escapism, if you can pull it into the real world. Escapism is wrong. Molding the world into one's own image is A-OK.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It's not ok when escapism literally saps life force from you until you wither and die in your bed unaware of reality, which is what would have happened to Mewt if the game went on much longer. Li-grim is a metaphor for the parasitic nature of escapist fantasy.

Though, of course, the major joke of the game lies in Marche being right on complete accident, knowingly taking steps towards the world's destruction with tenous justifications at best, and generally playing the typical FF villain in all but the actual result.

- - - Updated - - -

you could even go in a certain direction of thought familiar to us all, and call the world of Ivalice a schizoid construct

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, about that, from the information that I gathered, the setting looked more like either an isekai with the other world is one of Mewt's own creation or that the power of the grimoire rewrote St. Ivalice into Ivalice. I didn't really get the "Mewt is actually in a magically induced coma" bit. Lost in translation? Wait, are the characters other than Mewt, such as even Marche, also in said comas, or are they purely figments of Mewt's imagination?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    So, you might be aware that I've been trying to create a Metroid RP for the past few years and eventually I decided that I wanted to do it as a tabletop game, but I couldn't find a system designed for space marines since the characters are intended to be GF Marines (You know, the guys who get owned in Metroid Prime 2 and then mount a savage planetary assault on the Space Pirate Homeworld in Metroid Prime 3). There's the D20 Star Wars rules, but there's too much Jedi material on those character sheets to be appropriate, but I recently found something and immediately knew that it would be perfect: Halo Mythic 2.5. It's a homebrew system, and I'm still getting acquainted with it, but it feels like the right way to go. Would anyone be interested in playing this?

Metroid: Lost Star Introduction

The game will involve exploration, discovery, and ultimately, finding a way to get off the planet you're stranded on. There'll even be a mechanic for upgrading your characters' hardware and building up a base of operations around your crash site with resources you find across the various locales you investigate. And of course, there'll be Chozo artifacts, and plenty of other Metroid mainstays. Including Metroids (duh).

Please tell me that there's some interest.
    Hsve you tried Dark Heresy/Only War? 40k Guardsmen with slightly souped up armor sound like exactly what you're looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It's not ok when escapism literally saps life force from you until you wither and die in your bed unaware of reality, which is what would have happened to Mewt if the game went on much longer. Li-grim is a metaphor for the parasitic nature of escapist fantasy.

Though, of course, the major joke of the game lies in Marche being right on complete accident, knowingly taking steps towards the world's destruction with tenous justifications at best, and generally playing the typical FF villain in all but the actual result.

- - - Updated - - -

you could even go in a certain direction of thought familiar to us all, and call the world of Ivalice a schizoid construct
    I don't think that was ever actually confirmed. For all we know Ivalice could have been a stable world forever if Marche wasn't so determined to tear it all down. And of course, the decision of whether dying blissfully in a dream is preferable to living an additional miserable forty years would be Mewt's alone, not Marche's.

I mean, I loved FFTA and all the "hurrdurr Marche was the real villain" takes are overplayed as sin, but there IS something to it all and even the game points it out at places.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; February 14th, 2022 at 07:34 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.