View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 222 of 242 FirstFirst ... 122172212217220221222223224227232 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I was just looking up VtM memes, and there was 1 stating that Lasombra are edgelords, and I'm like, they're edgelords when they want to be.
    Also, no updates in regards to my diablerie question, like if a Kindred was diablerized by 2 others, each taking exactly 50% of the blood each?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I was just looking up VtM memes, and there was 1 stating that Lasombra are edgelords, and I'm like, they're edgelords when they want to be.
    Also, no updates in regards to my diablerie question, like if a Kindred was diablerized by 2 others, each taking exactly 50% of the blood each?
    Only one of them gets the benefits, determined randomly.

Unless you're using the aforementioned ritual from Diablerie in Mexico, which is a terrible terrible book.

Anyway all vampires are edgelords, that's the point of VtM, duh.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 15th, 2021 at 05:35 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hello, RNG, my old friend. I know that being able to stay up during the day is tied to humanity or path points. However, is there a table for that, like for torpor: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Humanity_(VTM) or is just basically the lower the humanity/path the more willpower it takes?
    Also, how do blood packs fit with blood resonance? https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_Resonance Would the resonance just be blood pack, or would the blood in the pack be the resonance of when it was extracted?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; April 15th, 2021 at 07:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Blood Resonances are spooky V5 stuff I'm not familiar with.

Awakening [Perception, Humanity/Path]: Vampires are nocturnal creatures and find it difficult to awaken during the day. A vampire disturbed in his haven while the sun is in the sky may roll Perception (+Auspex rating, if the vampire has it) versus difficulty 8 to notice the disturbance. Upon stirring, the vampire must make a Humanity or Path roll (difficulty 8). Each success allows the vampire to act for one turn. Five successes mean the vampire is completely awake for the entire scene. Failure indicates the vampire slips back into slumber, but may make the Perception roll to reawaken if circumstances allow. A botch means the vampire falls into deep sleep and will not awaken until sundown. While active during the day, the vampire may have no more dice in any dice pool than his Humanity or Path rating.

If you want to resist falling asleep it's the same kind of roll (the Humanity/Path one, not the Perception one)
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Now, in terms of questions about memes: https://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRP...ng_to_revised/ Lasombra. Church. How? And why?

Blog Entries
    it's always been part of their shtick, don't know what kind of explanation you're looking for

of course they're more interesed in the part of the church that collects tithes and exerts political power
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 15th, 2021 at 09:28 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I meant the whole "giving kine information that they really shouldn't have" part. One should not sharpen a sword that can one day be pointed in one's own direction. Even during the time of the Second Inquisition, there is regrettably a lot of Kindred on Kindred violence.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Other than the maybe-Arc reference, is it worth anything? Last I looked it up I believe I ended up with some red flags but I don't remember what they were.
    It's a fun little story, but you really have to play Coteries first, and it's all about New York.

Also the info on the V5 Lasombra is in Chicago by Night IIRC. It has the little storylime about them joining the Camarilla.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 15th, 2021 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    I meant the whole "giving kine information that they really shouldn't have" part. One should not sharpen a sword that can one day be pointed in one's own direction. Even during the time of the Second Inquisition, there is regrettably a lot of Kindred on Kindred violence.
    Where did you get the idea that they give the humans info? They're pawns/food, that's all. Just like the Ventrue with nobility, or the Brujah with philosopher/activist types. They don't reveal their true nature except to the ones they ghoul/embrace.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 16th, 2021 at 05:08 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, reading the comments on that meme image:
    Lasombra: "We wield so much influence over the Catholic Church!"
    Catholic Church: produces an organized and highly effectual network of vampire hunters
    Lasombra: "We could make the Catholic Church into a vampire cult, but we won't, because surely the vampire hunters will never come after us! We're too smart for that!"

Also, I know that the Path of Metamorphosis is mostly practiced by the Tzimisce, but are there any other Paths that are de facto clan locked? For example, is there any clan more or less likely to practice, say... the Path of Caine?

JP Friend Code
    Didn't get the impression that the Lasombra influence over the Church was that big. Seemed more like it was a small group of higher-ups within the Vatican and abroad, and not the ones organizing Second Inquisition stuff, obviously

Well, reading the comments on that meme image:
    Lasombra: "We wield so much influence over the Catholic Church!"
    Catholic Church: produces an organized and highly effectual network of vampire hunters
    Lasombra: "We could make the Catholic Church into a vampire cult, but we won't, because surely the vampire hunters will never come after us! We're too smart for that!"

Also, I know that the Path of Metamorphosis is mostly practiced by the Tzimisce, but are there any other Paths that are de facto clan locked? For example, is there any clan more or less likely to practice, say... the Path of Caine?
    The Path of Night is mainly practiced by the Lasombra.
    The Path of Metamorphosis is mostly practiced by the Tzimisce.
    The Path of Bones was practiced by the Cappadocians and currently by the Giovanni
    The Path of Typhon is almost only practiced by the Followers of Set.
    The original Path of Paradox is followed only by the Ravnos of India.
    The Path of Blood is heavily connected to the Assamites.
    And the Path of the Hive is followed only by the Baali.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Path of Caine has one of its sins be: Failing to diablerize a "humane" vampire. while the Path of Orion has something similar called: Failing to hunt a vampire with a high Humanity score. Are the terms "humane" and "high Humanity score" interchangeable, or is humane meant to be more... open to interpretation (as opposed to humanity score, which is a solid, factual number)?

You don't know what is the humanity score of other vampires anyway, you can only guess how humane a vampire is by observing their behavior, so the point is moot.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Remember, we're talking about a game, not just the lore behind it. Sure, Lasombra aren't all "O MY INNER DARKNESS!" edgelords, just like Malkavians aren't meant to be lulsorandom "I slap him with a fish!" wackjobs, but that's the stereotype you usually see (bad) players reenact.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What's the difference between Shroud of Night and Tchernabog: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Obtenebration_(VTM) or is it implied that Shroud of Night, despite its name, can't actually block sunlight? Also, does combining Black Metamorphosis and Fortify Against Ahura Mazda essentially means personal sunblock?

Blog Entries
    Shroud of Night can't actually block sunlight. In fact, unless otherwise specified, all Obtenebration powers poof away in presence of sunlight.

Fortify Against Ahura Mazda is a very high level power, has a very limited duration (turns, i.e., a few seconds to a minute), and takes a lot of blood. Also Dark Metamorphosis doesn't cover the entire body as described in the book. So double no!
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So humane and high humanity are de facto interchangeable. Shroud of Night has a misleading name. In terms of more funny wording: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Temporis Kiss of Lachesis: Change the legal age of a target. Well, that's suspiciously specific.
    I know that I am using Bloodlines as an example, but Second Inquisition organizations, such as Firstlight, are either pure vigilantes or one of those "if you're killed or captured, we'll deny your existence" quasilegal organizations, correct? For example, in Bloodlines, there didn't seem to be too many people taking issue with the fact that a certain Malibu monastery was blown up or that all the nightshift employees of a certain office building near Chinatown ended up dead.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; April 16th, 2021 at 10:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Second Inquisition wasn't a big thing during Bloodlines time, I think. Nosferatu were still using the internet and all that

I think the first big Second Inquisition thing was blowing up the Prime Chantry in Viena, in 2008. FUCKIGN ASSAMITES.

Isn't the SI some V5 stuff?