Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatori's random drabbles and snippets thread.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Black, White and Blue(Shirou x SAO Crossover)

Finally getting off my ass to write again as I am between jobs atm. Not to mention that my imagination has been going spare thinking of different ideas after reading all those snippets from others..

Story Index.

Black, White and Blue ( Shirou X Sword Art Online X-over)
    Prologue

Beater

The White Swordsman

The End of the World.

Oneshots, Snippets and Ideas:

Jikan yo Tomare/Stop the Time : A Takara Aozaki Christmas Gift.
    Last edited by hatori; March 21st, 2013 at 04:10 AM.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries

Black, White and Blue (Shirou x SAO Crossover.) : Prologue

DISCLAIMER: Fate/Stay Night, Sword Art Online and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu, Type-Moon and Reki Kawahara, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Emiya Shirou, Kirito and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of their respective owners, who are awesome in not suing me (yet) for my work.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project.

5th November, 2022

"..... What the heck is this, Fuji-nee?"

Sighing as he looked over the huge box that Taiga had brought in over dinner, the redheaded teen couldn't help but wonder what did she buy this time. Between her scooter and her own beer expenses, the sandy haired schoolteacher had little in the way of savings.

" Hmmn-hmmn" she smiled as she pulled open the flaps, revealing what looked like a helmet. Ignoring the puzzled look that Shirou gave her, she pulled out a smaller box from the large carton, the packaging was lightly coloured, the title, Sword Art Online printed against the backdrop of a floating castle in the sky.

".. A game?" his tone was a little incredulous. What kind of game would require a helmet to play?

" This game is just no ordinary game Shirou" Taiga clucked her tongue as she shook her finger at him. " While I don't fully understand the details, you just put on the helmet to play the game.

" So basically why this is here is...?"

" I have a meeting tomorrow in school that i can't miss, so I would like you to play it for a little while to teach me how after i come back. Besides, Shirou likes swords right? You'll be great at this I'll bet!" Taiga gave hime a playful smack on the shoulder, even as he sighed. Ever since she brought in her first game console, Fuji-nee had swiftly moved to online games as well, to the point of even connecting the house to the Internet, ostenibly for "work and education purposes."

A few hours later, as he finished reading the helmet's user manual, he plugged it in and began the tedious process of calibrating the helmet, now known to him as a NerveGear, even though he would not know that it would begin something even more deadly than the Holy Grail War.

Author's Notes: wrote this on my phone.. and it's a bitch to write on touchscreen.. how i miss my own qwerty keyboard smartphone. QAQ
    Last edited by hatori; September 27th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

When I go random.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd need to see more of this before I can judge - because there doesn't seem to be much to it, at the moment (of course, given how you wrote it, that's understandable).
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Basically im juat writing whatever floats through my own imagination at any given time.. This prologue is meant to be for a longer term projec5.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Black, White and Blue(Shirou x SAO Crossover) Chapter 1: Beater

DISCLAIMER: Fate/Stay Night, Sword Art Online and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu, Type-Moon and Reki Kawahara, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Emiya Shirou, Kirito and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of their respective owners, who are awesome in not suing me (yet) for my work.

Certain dialogue sequences in this story are lifted from Sword Art Online, but I trust in the intelligence of my readers (and the availability of the light novels/anime ) to recognise them when they see them.

6th December 2022

A month had passed, a single month. And two thousand out of the ten thousand players was already dead.

Little more than four weeks had passed since that fateful day, the opening of Sword Art Online's server had changed everything for those two thousand lives, forever.

Even as his hands continued to swing the sword, charging skills and defending against attacks, the cries of the monsters completely ignored as he completely focused on two single things, the elimination of the mobs before him, and the voice he'd heard from that huge apparition that day had been engraved in him since then.

"The Logout function has been removed at the point of launch, as I am sure most of you have already noticed. Don't worry, it is not a bug, but an original feature of Sword Art Online."

"However, do take note of this. You can no longer respawn in this game, should your HP fall to zero, your avatar will be permanently erased, and at the same time, the NerveGear will destroy your brain."

The stunned, shocked looks of those people around him mirrored his own, as they all stared at the floating "GM", disbelief in their eyes as the words began to sink in. He continued to remember it all as his sword took down yet another beast within the dungeon floor.

"This concludes the tutorial for the official Sword Art Online official launch." The apparition said, as it continued to address the players.

"I wish every player the best of luck."

A single reversed slash to the back of the last monster was enough to finish it, as Emiya Shirou finally dropped his guard, the clump of monsters he'd been in finally defeated, their bodies all crumbling into shards of data as they disappeared, leaving him with nothing but a single window. As he sheathed his longsword, he closed the congratulatory message that popped open.

Congratulations! You have reached Level 12!

Turning back towards the path he'd come from, the young man known as Emiya Shirou breathed out a heavy sigh, as he headed back to the town, the only words he spoke echoed throughout the dungeon, as he trudged back to the town to rest and refit.

"It's still not enough."

A full month had passed and there was still no sign of the boss room to the next floor. At this point in time, not only had he made it into some of the deepest reaches of the dungeon, but the others, who seemed to also be looking for it, had yet to find it. Despite the fact that he'd been in the beta test, Kirito found that the maps for the dungeon floor was more than just changed. Despite the fact that the boss room had yet to be found, little more than twenty percent of the ten thousand players trapped in this game had already died, many the result of trying various methods of escape from this world.

Despite his own conviction to clear the game, Kirito had also seen that at this point, unless someone managed to come through with the boss room's location, they'd be stuck here for god knows how long. Pushing himself off the wall, the player known as Kirito moved towards the town exit, and towards the dungeon entrance. He'd make sure that he made it through the game.

No matter what.

Finding the boss room wasn't easy, but it was finally done, as the players grouped together for the raid. Despite being around four score strong, they comprised of some of the most daring and highest leveled players in the Town of Beginnings. Despite his own misgivings, Shirou partied himself with two others, a swordsman wearing all black, and a hooded female player. Not knowing their names, he'd simply gone along with them, since going solo in the raid would've been dangerous. However, they reached a rather awkward point as Kirito outlined their strategy.

"While dealing with the minions, we'll use switching to handle the mobs. That way no one will have to deal with a single minion by themselves."

"Erm, so what is this "Switch" skill?" asked the redheaded swordsman, as he looked a little sheepish.

His companion, the hooded female player, also nodded, as she gave a similar look of confusion, even though it was through body language.

Geez, thought Kirito, these two probably have been soloing ever since the beginning. Even as he gave an exasperated look before teaching them some more of the basics.

The boss fight was going well.

Almost too well, echoed a rather cynical thought in his head, even as he continued to fend off the kobold sentinels from the main attacking groups. Despite the fact that he was not in a full party, he could still contribute to the battle, as he brought his sword above his head for a overhand strike onto the monster. Having his attack parried, he switched with another, as the hooded swordswoman sent three swift thrusts into the monster, killing it.

"Good job! Now let's get the rest!" shouted his party leader, as Emiya Shirou continued to play his part in the boss raid, sword flashing as he fought on.

Despite the initial impression that those two were beginners, Kirito was surprised at the skill of which both of them carried out their attacks. Continuing to push forth against the minions, he was distracted by the huge roar that came from the boss, even as he observed it's HP reach the critical level on it's final bar. Watching as the beast monster threw aside it's axe and buckler, his eyes widened as he noticed the raid leader rush forward by himself.

Even as the boss threw aside it's primary weapons, Shirou knew that something was wrong. Turning to check on what was happening, he immediately noticed the sword that the boss was holding was no tulwar, but a nodachi. Before anyone else could react, the redheaded swordsman had already charged a sword skill and launched his weapon at the boss without a second thought, his shout matching with his teamate's, carrying over the sound of battle as he followed after his weapon.

"Get back! The information is wrong!"

Hearing his words, the raid leader halted his charge, but by then it had been too late, as the Kobold lord launched himself into the air and began to leap off the pillars of the room, before dealing an underhand slash below the guard of the knight to be, following up with yet another vicious strike before parrying Shirou's thrown blade. Rushing towards his aid, Kirito quickly pulled out a potion to heal him, but before he could, the player smiled softly, refusing the potion, before disappearing into motes of light. Turning back towards the boss, Kirito felt neither hate nor sadness. Simply a grim determination to see this through.

As he swept up next to his teamates, Shirou nodded as they charged towards the boss, their blades glowing blue, white and pink as the black swordsman parried the first strike, before the hooded player behind him began a follow up attack. Just as she was about to begin, the swordsman suddenly yelled out.

"Asuna! Watch out!"

Reacting simply to her name, the hooded player sidestepped, barely getting grazed by the huge nodachi, as her cloak was torn off, but not before she launched a single strike against the enemy, even as Shirou charged his own skill to send a straight slash into it's side, the monster itself already recovering from that attack before feinting, it's sword biting deep into Kirito as it threw him against his two companions. Wincing in pain, the three suddenly were engulfed in shadow, as the boss stood above them, nodachi held ready to crush the insignificant players below it. As the strike fell, Yet more sword skills parried it, as a huge form interposed itself between them and the strike, sending the boss hurtling back.

"We'll hold him till you recover!" shouted the player who'd defended them, even as his hefted his axe once more to charge at the boss. It's attack unsuccessful the boss launched itself into the air, but not before the black swordsman recovered from a swiftly swallowed potion. Even as he charged the sword skill, he had absolutely no idea how he was going to make it up there, but he didn't care, as he released the sword skill, his body following the system assist as he flew through the air,"Reach it!" he screamed, intercepting the boss' path of attack at the final moment, his sword cutting into it's digital flesh as he finished by sending it tail over teakettle into the ground. Barely recovering from his previous attack he once more began charging forth.

"Asuna, Emiya!" Kirito called out, as he charged towards the boss, "We'll execute the final attack together!"

"Understood!" came back their replies as they continued to parry and attack, as their blades sung with the hum of sword skills being executed, the boss continuously taking the damage until finally, Kirito's final attack destroyed the monster, it's body disappearing into motes of light as everyone began cheering. Yet, as the cheers subsided, the raid leader's group suddenly gave an outburst.

"Why?! Why didn't you save Diabel when you knew the boss' attack patterns and movements?!"

"He must have been one of those beta testers, damn them!"

Even as the mood began to darken, Kirito knew that this was bad. The situation between the beta testers and normal players in this game was already bad enough, and now he would have to do something to keep it from getting worse. Even Asuna and Emiya, who were in his party, simply gave looks of confusion and doubt, as they looked around them. Turning back to his system announcement, he was suddenly hit upon an idea where the words cheerfully announced to him.

Congratulations! You got the last attack bonus!

Item : Coat of Midnight.

The soft chuckling laughter that followed Kirito as he moved towards the stunned raid party was unnerving to say the least. In this kind of situation, nobody would've expected this from him, as he announced to the players before him.

"Of course I knew the boss' attack patterns. It's because I alone made it far above anyone else in the beta test. So don't even bother grouping me into the same clump as the other beta testers, the majority of which didn't even know how to level up properly, or even fight the bosses."

No doubt on the effect of his statement, he smiled as the players began to mutter about him.

"Isn't that cheating?"

"That's even worse! He's a cheater!"

"A beta tester and cheater! He's a Beater!"

Turning away from the group, Kirito slowly walked away from them, as he went through his item window, putting on his new Coat of Midnight. Echoing his thoughts as the soft leather fabric, he stopped short of the door that preceded the next floor, even as he gave a grim smile back to the players now grouped against him.

"Beater.... That's a good name."

Placing his hand against the door, footsteps behind him stopped him, even as his party members came forth.

"Back then..."

"How'd you know our names?"

Chuckling a little, Kirito motioned towards his forehead, as the players followed his hand. Even as they slowly read the names shown next to the party health bars, he smiled as he flicked open his window. In his haste, he'd forgotten about this. How embarassing.

Leave the Party? Yes/No.

Pressing the affirmative command, he turned back towards the door, which was now slowly grinding open. Speaking to his two former party members, he moved through to the next level.

"You two, if you ever find a person you can trust here who asks you to join a guild, don't hesitate. There are limits to what a solo player can do."

And with that final statement, he disappeared in a flash of blue light, as the teleportation magic did it's work.

Authors Notes: Phew. Let's see what else my imagination can cook up.
    Last edited by hatori; March 21st, 2013 at 04:14 AM.

When I go random.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Then please go to sleep so that we can get more. This bit was enjoyable.

Blog Entries
    updated the second part. Damn, my stamina needs work. Edited some portions as well.
    Last edited by hatori; September 28th, 2012 at 06:44 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries

Black, White and Blue (SAO x Shirou X-Over): Chapter Two: The White Swordsman

After a little delay thanks to other projects, here is the latest installment.

DISCLAIMER: Fate/Stay Night, Sword Art Online and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu, Type-Moon and Reki Kawahara,along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Emiya Shirou, Kirito and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of their respective owners, who are awesome in not suing me (yet) for my work.

Certain dialogue sequences in this story are lifted from Sword Art Online, but I trust in the intelligence of my readers (and the availability of the light novels/anime ) to recognise them when they see them.

12th January, 2023

Within the 48th Floor of Aincrad's dungeon, a small group of front-liners were pushing through the dungeon, mapping it out as they searched for the Boss room. Despite it being a year since the first Boss was cleared from the Town of Beginnings, the players quickly learnt to adapt and work together to clear the dungeons. Battling the monsters quickly and efficiently with switching and multiple surrounding strikes, they continued to move through the dungeon at a quick, if cautious pace.

"And that's the last of that!" cried out one of the party members, as he finished off the last of a small group of monsters that had been drawn in by their tank. Wiping his brow, he turned to the others, as he grinned. "Seemed like forever that we thought that the first floor wasn't even passable, ya?" His grins were met with a mix of stony silence and nods of agreement, as he turned to his party leader, a tall sword/shield holder that was wearing the white and scarlet colours of the Knights of Blood. Even then, the Knight didn't acknowledge the comment, instead peering intently down the hallway that was before them.

"Listen, do you hear that?" he said, as he rushed forth. "There's a battle going on ahead!" he called, even as a roar filled the hallway. Even as the rest of his party members dashed after him, the KoB member had already rounded the corner, even as the sounds of swords clashing and a huge monster's roar filled the hallway, before silence reigned as they neared his position. Rounding the corner themselves, the party nearly collided with their own, as they stared at the empty gaping maw that was the open entrance to the boss room. It's lights already dimmed as they spotted what had dumbstruck their companion.

The sight of a lone swordsman, completely dressed in blue and white, pushing open the double doors of the next level by himself.

8th June, 2024

"Oy..... T-th-this is an S-Class ingredient, Kirito!" came the exclamation from the shopkeeper on the Algade, the 50th floor, even as his fingers trembled over the trade window that Kirito had opened up with him to trade.
    Even though he'd been a merchant and Axe-wielder for the last two years in SAO, even he'd never seen such a high rank ingredient item before. Sighing as he looked over at Agil, who'd known him ever since the first boss room fight, the <Black Swordsman> could only scratch the back of his head.

"Well, it's not like I don't want to eat it myself..." he began, as he gave another sigh. "But with my cooking skill at zero, I'd more likely waste it. So here I am." Even as other customers milled out and around the shop, Kirito ignored them, up until a sweet voice he'd come to associate with a particular rapier user suddenly came from behind him.

"Kirito-kun!" came a light tap on his shoulder that followed the greeting, as he turned around to face the speaker, a young woman with long chestnut hair and a rapier by her side, an ominous looking bodyguard hanging back behind her. Even as she smiled at him, his mind's gears clicked together. Clasping her hands in his, he closed the trade window with the shopkeeper as he announced. "Chef, found."

Even after they left Algade behind and headed to the 61st Floor, Salemburg, Kirito couldn't dismiss the intensity of that hatred and bloodlust that came from the glare of that bodyguard. But the thought of the Ragout Rabbit meat being cooked dismissed all other things from his mind, as he entered the house.

After savouring the meal with Asuna, they both gave large sighs of contentment, as they enjoyed one of the few luxuries left to them in the game world, the taste of food that was not simply food, that they would've normally eaten day by day. Sipping at a tea that gave off a light but fragrant scent of freshly picked flowers, they enjoyed the serene atmosphere.

"Say, Kirito-kun.." Asuna murmured, as she set her tea down, looking at him with a serious expression. "Have you ever heard of a player nicknamed <The White Swordsman>?"

A little surprised by the question, Kirito set his own tea down, as he nodded slightly in affirmation.

"I have, but what I've heard is mostly through the information brokers and rumors from other players. As a solo player myself, I think it's a little far-fetched, but it's possible he exists." Taking another sip of the tea, he continued. "From what I've been told, he's a high level front-liner who's been responsible for clearing two level bosses by himself, the 26th floor, and the 48th floor. Nothing else is known about him beyond the PK incidents he'd put down on the lower floors, other than he'd fought PoH, the guild leader of the PK guild Laughing Coffin, to a draw." That in itself was a feat, given that the Laughing Coffin guild was made up of some of the most dangerous PKers in SAO, making them the highest priority to be wiped out when found.

"I see...." Asuna murmured, as she sipped her own tea. "The Commander ordered me to find, and if possibly, recruit him. But it seems highly unlikely, since there's almost nobody who can rememberwhat he looks like. I don't think we've even seen him at the strategic meetings for the Boss fights, but other than that, it's also probably because we suspect that the monster's A.I algorithms are beginning to change to counter our strategies, and we need the most skilled players, solo or otherwise, to help out."

"I guess so, the monsters from the current floor are hard enough to beat, even I'm having some difficulty." Kirito admitted even as he thought about that. So deep in thought was he that the next statement Asuna made caught him completely by surprise.

"Then it's settled then. It's been forever since I last partied with you. Let's go together!" She said, even as she opened her status window, the invitation coming in so fast that even he was surprised. Falling back to his usual excuses of " I have a solid safety margin", "Other party members would only slow me down." or "The front lines are really dangerous" wouldn't work on her, even as he put the scenarios through his mind. Sighing in defeat, he pressed the affirmative command.

74th Floor, Boss Room

He had to use that skill, if he didn't, people were going to die.

Screw that, If he didn't use that skill, more people were going to die. Klein, Asuna, and the rest of them.

Even as memories of the people he'd failed flashed before his eyes, the Boss, a massive horned and hoofed bipedal monster named The Gleam Eyes, thrust it's insanely large broadsword towards him. Barely blocking the blow, the <Black Swordsman> gasped even as the sparks flew from the contacting blades, his mind catching up with the present.

Idiot! This isn't the time to hestiate!

Dodging yet another quick slash from the huge monster, he called out towards his friends.

"Asuna, Klein! I need you to delay it for ten seconds!" Even as he pulled back, the two light-weapon users nodded as they took his place, engaging the boss in a flurry of Switching.

Pulling back from the immediate range of the boss, he quickly scrolled through the lists, even as he kept a constant watch on the battle, his hands blurring as he selected that skill from the rest. "Right! I'm ready!" he yelled, as he saw the Boss fling Klein to one side after the crimson samurai got in a single blow before getting thrown to one side by the weight of the swung weapon. Even as Asuna charged from behind, her Sword Skill <Star Splash> sending a flurry of eight hits towards it's back, the assault drilling into it's hide before the monster roared in pain, as it swung it's broadsword horizontally towards her. Spinning in mid-air from the deflected strike, she never saw the punch coming, as the Boss's fist connected, sending her flying deeper into the room, away from where he stood. Dashing forth, Kirito clutched at his blade, even as he realized he would never make it in time. Even as he continued to charge, a sudden blue and white blur completely overtook him, moving in-between Asuna and the boss, even as the sword came smashing down upon him only to be blocked, Kirito realized that the stranger was not just placing himself between Asuna and the boss, blade blocking the Boss' blow.

But that the stranger also wielded twin blades. Both blades, twins to one another, one white, one black, even as the long curved blades gleamed in the firelight that burned around the dungeon, the back of the blades taking the form of feathers sprouting forth from the blades themselves, his long white and blue trimmed light armor and cape proudly billowing out behind him as he stood before the maddened onslaught of the Boss, his amber eyes narrowed in concentration as he flung his blades upwards of the strike they blocked.

Shock was overcome by the present once more, as the <Black Swordsman> charged forward, initiating his attack without missing a beat, even as the mysterious player sent the boss reeling back from the impact, Kirito yelled out the command, even as he began the motions for the Sword Skill <Starburst Stream>

"Switch!"

His Elucidator in the right, Dark Repulser in the left, the <Black Swordsman> sent blow after blow into the boss, the sixteen hit combo repeated each time it was completed. Even as the monster tried to counter-attack, he became an irresistable force, the monster an immovable object, as he laid slash upon slash into it, the speed of his blows increasing as he pushed himself to the limit.

Faster! I need to be faster! He thought as he continued to rain blows, not caring about Switching, nor about his own preservation. Nothing else mattered except defeating the Boss. Even when The Gleam Eyes trapped the Elucidator within it's hand, it's own blade shining as it approached him, the swordsman simply let forth a battle cry as his final strike surged forth, the blued steel of the Dark Repulser charged with the Sword Skill dealing the final blow, as the Boss finally disintegrated into motes of light, the sound of shattering glass filling his ears even as Kirito fell into oblivion.

Awakening a few minutes later as he slowly began to heal, Kirito was immediately smothered by a crying Asuna, even as he smiled softly, knowing that they'd barely gotten through by the skin of their teeth. Klein, after commiserating about the failures of the now dead commander of the raid party they'd saved, was more interested in the skill both he, and the <White Swordsman> had used. However, despite their questions, the other player had already disappeared, the result of a quick teleport to a muttered location. Thus, it fell to the <Black Swordsman> to explain the unique skill <Dual Blades>.

"But still, man... To think that both of you have the <Dual Blades> Skill... that's pretty incredible! I can see why you and the <White Swordsman> would keep quiet about it." Klein exclaimed. "But still...." he smirked a little, even as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully, gazing at the still sobbing Asuna clutching to Kirito as if her life depended on it. "Just treat it as training for yourself, and take it like a man, young'un. "

October 21st, 2024

55th Floor, Grandum

Watching two others die before the maddened Kuradeel, Kirito could only watch as the madman continued to rant and rave about how he'd dreamed about this day. Even as he felt the blade stab into him, there was literally nothing he could do, since the paralysis potion that had spiked his drink was still in effect. Even as Asuna saved him first, and as she hesitated upon dealing the final blow, he'd been unable to reach her again. Watching as the treacherous blade literally was about to fall upon her, the sound of smashing glass once more made him reopen his eyes, as he saw the remnants of Kuradeel's blade disappear into nothingness, the murderer himself impaled on a single pristine white blade, as it's twin shielded Asuna from the strike.

"Y-you!... Damned, murderer!" gasped the mortally wounded Kuradeel, even as he disappeared, the sound of smashing glass only accompanied by their saviour turning around once, smiling as he regarded them both.

"Hello, it's been a while, Asuna-san, Kirito-san, ever since that boss battle." Emiya Shirou smiled, even as he sheathed both swords at his sides.

Writer's Note: the second part may feel very rushed, but I pray for understanding. It's been wrestling with me like a bitch...
    Last edited by hatori; March 21st, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

When I go random.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is nice. You still have a lot of unanswered questions, of course, but that's OK. Though I must that this chapter felt a bit short.

Blog Entries
    it's part one. And there's obviously going to be questions... I'm timeskipping a hell lot...

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    updated the second part. I think i can probably end it in the next chapter.

When I go random.

Blog Entries

Stop the Time ( A Christmas Gift for Takara Aozaki)

Sitting in his Study, the God of MegaCrossovers sighed as he looked over the growing pile of paperwork that entailed plenty of his own obligations. Despite nearly fourty-eight hour days at a stretch, the paperwork only seemed to increase, even as he filed away plenty more with signatures and seals. Taking a glance at his computer terminal, the bespectacled god noticed that the date currently was set at 22nd of December. Glancing at the mostly cluttered work terminal and desktop that was his office and study, he sighed as he found the photograph of his beloved, taken from him by circumstances beyond his own control, as he saw the other picture next to it, depicting two of his favourite OCs, courtesy of his long time friend and fellow deity, Kieran.

"So it's nearly that time again, huh?" he murmured softly, brushing the lining of the frames, even as he turned back to his terminal, the bright light of it's numerous screens showing not only facts and figures, but also projections of everything else that could possibly happen in the world as it was. Despite his own efforts, the God of MegaCrossovers was not making much progress in his endeavour. Turning the screens to show the weather outside his Memory Palace, he smiled softly as he saw that it was beginning to snow lightly. Turning the central screen from it's information processing and classification function, he opened the writing function page, as he began to slowly type out the gift he was intending.

Jikan yo Tomare / Stop the Time: A Christmas Gift to Takara Aozaki.

She dreamt of warmth, passion and love. Soft touches, sweet nothings whispered lovingly as they embraced, their bodies intertwining even as their lips joined, parted and joined again. The dream changing to different sceneries, a meadow of goldenrod, as they ran through it, his expression wistful, if not playful, as he was dragged along to her whims, their bodies mere blurs as they sparred in the dojo, her sword mirroring his as they parried and struck, neither willing to give up, the smell of cooking as they prepared their meals, and the love they shared, continuing on forever. Even as she continued to dream, her world changed, even as the darkness enveloped him, his expression still soft even as he faded from her sight, her frantic attempts to keep hold of him futile as he became incorporeal, the final words he left her with ringing in her ears.

"I'll keep my promise to you, because I said I would - and because I love you."

"Avenger!"

She cried out, even as she started in bed, her hand fully outstretched as she awoke, the dream still vividly playing in her memory as she dropped her hand to her chest, the slight trickle down her cheeks informed her that she'd teared up, the sheer emotion of the dream and her own desire overpowering her usual stoic poise as she wiped away the tears, before preparing to take a cold shower to fully wake herself. Even as she undressed, she glanced at the calendar, the date reading December 24th.

It was nearly a year since the Sixth Grail War.

Showered, awake and dressed, Takara slipped downstairs into the kitchen, her parents already having mostly finished their own breakfast, but still sitting around the table. "Good Morning Father, Mother, Hsui-san." she smiled, as they accepted her morning greeting, her parents adding a "good morning, treasure" in reply, as she gave them her usual peck on the cheek. Even though it had been what was nearly a disaster a year ago, both Shiki and Ciel Aozaki had made it out of the Grail War intact, if not better.

Even though it came at the price of a man's life.
    Whispered a little voice in her head, as she liberally applied some margarine and jam spread to her slice of bread, the sweetness filling her mouth as she lightly bit down on her breakfast.

"Do you have any plans for tonight, Takara?" enquired her mother, as she finished off the last of her morning curry, closing her usual container for the heavily spiced dish. At her daughter's negative reply, she continued. "There's a festival going on tonight, apparently in celebration, as well as since it is Christmas Eve, I'd thought that maybe we'd all like to go together as a family once more." Her expression warm as she glanced over at Hsui. "And you're as much a part of the family now as you'd be, Hsui, please join us as well."

The rest of the day passed uneventfully, as Takara phoned her friends, Arisa and Momoko-chan, the three of them promising to meet a little later that evening at the festival, her mind was clearly set on enjoying herself that night, even as she glanced towards the jewelry box atop her dresser,the small case containing her modest jewelry, as well as what looked like a gem cut from glass. Taking it up, she remembered what Tohsaka Rin, the eventual winner of the Grail War, had told her.

"This gem is a catalyst." Rin had lectured, even as she nervously adjusted her overly bookish reading glasses." In the right light, timing or even circumstance, the gem will project what you desire most at the right conditions. However." The magus continued, her tone growing serious. "The catalyst will only be able to maintain form for little more than just a short while, and I don't think that simply wishing things into being would be advisable." She looked away as she coughed a little, as if wanting to make a point. " Please save it for a suitable time." she finished, as she handed the gem over.

Turning the gem over in her hands now, Takara sighed as she let the late afternoon light catch into the gem, the stone's facets reflecting a endless prismatic volume of colour, her own thoughts lost as she gazed into the kaleidoscope of colour that played across her face.

If I could see you again, what would I do? she asked herself, dropping the hand holding the gem onto the bed and allowing it to roll out of her grasp, she stared at the ceiling, up until her mother called for her to prepare to get dressed. Not noticing that the colours playing out upon the gem were moving on their own.

The festival was rowdy, entertaining, and mostly fun for her, even though she'd had to dress in the kimono her mother'd insisted she wear. Even though she'd applied only a little makeup, her face had felt a little heavy, not to mention that she'd carried the gem with her on a whim, the sudden desire to bring it along inexplicable to her even as she took in the sights and enjoyed herself as much as possible. That and helping her father keep her mother from single-handedly finishing off the Takoyaki's supply of Curry and Cheese Takoyaki line, to which her father'd bought her a unusual present, a exquisitely made hairclip, even as he finished pinning it in place. Even though embarassed, she'd thanked him, as her father stroked her cheek, his reply being that she'd "always be my little girl, treasure."

Momoko-chan and Arisa were already having a lighthearted conversation with her mother and Hsui, as Takara slipped away from her parents and friends, wanting a little bit of "me-time." as she called it. Even as she stopped before the entrance to the shrine, she gazed out towards the city, it's lights twinkling merrily as she took out the gem, seeing it catch the lights of the festival, and the city. Sighing, she murmured almost involuntarily as she turned the gem to catch the lights of both.

"I wish you were here."

Even as her mind reacted to the sudden gleam of the gem, she closed her eyes to avoid the glare, and as it passed, she reopened them to see before her, him, dressed in his gunmetal duster, even as he turned to face her, his figure and face no longer strained, gaunt or otherwise resembling her former Servant.

"You called, milady?" his oft used, slightly mocking tone echoed in her mind, even as she stared in shock, her heart not beliving that he could appear here and now.

"You're real, aren't you?" she finally said, even as she took a step closer to him. Even as he chuckled, his hand reaching out to hers.

"I'm real enough as it is, for a short while, Takara-chan." he murmured, as she tackled him hard with a bear hug, the young woman both mortified and glad that she could feel him, smell his scent and once more hear him call her.

"I've so many things that I want to tell you, so many things I want to do with you. But you had to lie, and to die, and I was left alone, grieving for you, the guilt-" Takara blurted, even as her outburst was stopped by the sudden capturing of her lips with his own, the gentleness, yet strength of his own warmth was passed onto her, as she melted into the kiss, unresisting as she wanted more, but was soon rebuffed, her eyes meeting his as she noticed that his eyes looked so much older than he actually appeared, she realized that deep down, she truly loved the person she'd known as Lancer and Avenger, even though he'd had to lie to her to do the task set to him. "I... I wish that this time we have now would just stop, just for the two of us." she said, even as she was drawn close to him, his warmth and firmness encompassing her as she embraced him hard. "I don't want to lose you again. I want to have us grow old together, have children, and continue loving each other, for as long as this love can last! I love you!" she cried, as the tears began to flow.

Smiling sadly at her even as he broke off the kiss, he shook his head. "The time spent with you was surprising." he said "Before I even realized it, the time had come to it's final stage. I don't want to let you go, I don't want to go back to what I came from. I wish that I could stop time because I want us to always be together. Takara, I love you, now and always. Never forget that. " He continued. " But even if we can't stop time, never, ever stop believing that even if we're apart, I'll connect the two of us together again. If it's Fate, then we'll always meet again, right?" Even as he said the words, his body began to dissapate, the motes of light now encompassing him as he slowly began to disappear, the church bell in the distant city ringing clearly in the midnight, signalling Christmas had come.

"Never forget, Takara, the love we share transcends any and all time, universe and space."

"Merry Christmas, Milady."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Placing a christmas card atop the small wrapped package, the God of MegaCrossovers waved it towards his mail-sender, as he glanced out into the winter sky.

"Merry Christmas."
    Last edited by hatori; December 22nd, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Aww, how sweet - thank you.

What song did you have in mind to accompany this? The video's been blocked by YouTube, unfortunately.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

I've uploaded it on my facebook, and you can find the subbed version on my blog too.
    Last edited by hatori; December 22nd, 2012 at 03:53 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries

Black , White and Blue ( Shirou x SAO X-Over) Final Chapter: The End of The World.

DISCLAIMER: Fate/Stay Night, Sword Art Online and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu, Type-Moon and Reki Kawahara,along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Emiya Shirou, Kirito and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of their respective owners, who are awesome in not suing me (yet) for my work.

Author's Note: Certain parts and Dialogue will be similar to what is shown in the works of SAO in the light novels and the anime, thus, I believe in the intelligence of my readers to understand.

Black, White and Blue ( Shirou x SAO X-Over) Final Chapter: The End of the World

November 7th 2024

55th Floor, Grandum

It had barely been two weeks since their narriage and honeymoon from the incident by Kuradeel. Yet, it was inevitable, as they recieved a summons from Heathcliff himself, the <Paladin> of the <Knights of Blood>, regarding the 75th Floor's clearing of the boss room. Even though he'd wished for the peacefulness to continue on forever, Kirito returned back to the same guild hall where he'd been challenged barely a fortnight ago to take Asuna with him out of the guild. Even though he was a frontliner, the news that reached him from the summons was startling.

"The reconnaissance team was wiped out?!"

Even though the Frontliner's Alliance was clearing the floors with the greatest speed possible, they had come across especially tough levels, namely the Twenty-fifth and Fiftieth Floor's bosses. Kirito's own Elucidator was a rare item drop from that same floor, and the Seventy-fifth floor promised to be tougher than anything they'd ever faced.

" In preparation for the upcoming boss fight in the 75th floor, we'd sent a team of twenty people from five guilds of the Front-liner's Alliance. But when half the party entered the boss room, the doors suddenly closed in on them, with no trace of the Boss being seen. Five minutes later, the doors finally opened, revealing nothing but an empty room. Checking the <Black Iron Monument>, we found the names of the ten who disappeared crossed out on it, along with the name of the boss. The Skull Reaper."

"A crystal nullification area?! There hasn't been one until the previous floor!"

Nodding in agreement, the silver-haired paladin continued. " Without prior information on the Boss' attack patterns or openings, we must hit it with the biggest force we can muster. In an hour, we will be assaulting the Boss room directly with the full raid complement of forty-eight of the best Front-liners in the Alliance."

75th Floor, Plaza.

The players all gathered in the plaza of the seventy-fifth floor, as Kirito and Asuna teleported in, the players looked towards the teleportation stand. Despite the number of them present, the atmosphere was tense, as everyone prepared to face what was the most difficult boss yet. Only a lone player leaning against a monument seemed somewhat relaxed, as he smiled, seeing Agil and Klein exchange a joke with the couple. Even as the laughter died down upon the arrival of the <Knights of Blood>, the hooded player strode forth with his party, as they entered into the corridor before the entrance of the boss room, even as one thought echoed through his mind.

Once more, into the breach.

75th Floor, Boss Room

Charging into the room, the full raid complement of forty-eight front-liners only found it empty. Even as the door slammed shut behind them, the door disappeared, giving them the feeling that it was inescapable, impossble to get out.

Checking his quadrant for any signs of movement, the <Black Swordsman> steeled his nerves, as he gripped his swords tighter, the tension in the air was so thick that you could cut it with a sword skill. Suddenly hearing a rattling noise, he merely dismissed it, until the white swordswoman next to him gave a gasp, shouting a single warning to the players, as she moved to spread herself away from the next party.

"Above us!"

Turning his eyes skyward, nothing could've prepared him for the sight of the boss. A giant, skeletal centipede with twin scythe-arms and four red-glowing eyes, The Skull Reaper pushed off from the ceiling, even as Heathcliff began to shout out orders.

"Spread yourself out!"

Frozen by fear, a pair of players were snapped out of it by the order, but by then it was too late. Landing nearby, the boss' scythe arms swept in, even as the stage lit up with orange-crimson light, sending the two flying. Yet before they could hit the ground, both players disappeared into motes of light, the sound of shattering glass the only remnant of them as the players looked on in shock.

"O-o-One hit?!"

"You've got to be fucking kidding!"

Surging forth, the Boss began to target another player, only to be blocked on one attack by the Holy Blade's shield, even as the second arm drew in for a follow-up, a hooded player rushed forth, his twin white and black blades crossing forth in white light to face the scythe-blade head on. Rebuffed, the boss simply gathered itself up and leapt into the air, the skeletal bones of it's body creating dancing shadows as it soared in the air, exacting a curse from Agil.

"We can't even get close to it!"

Gritting his teeth, the hooded player tracked it's flight path, as he dashed towards it's estimated point of landing. Seeing it land before a lance user, he put in an effort of speed, even as he knocked the player aside, the initial attack tearing off his hood to reveal his clothes and red hair, as his own blades meting the single attack head on. A single thought rang through him as his strength labored against the weight and force of the blow, driving him to his knees, as he began felt the edge of the scythe cut into his shoulder.

It's too heavy!

Seeing the other arm sweep in to attack him, he could do nothing but watch as the boss swung.

Only to be repelled by a white shield, and the sound of two sword skills driving the boss back, followed by the voice of Asuna, as he turned back to see both the <Flash> and <Black Swordsman> smile as they helped him up.

"The four of us can take it's attacks if we do it together! We can do it." Nodding in agreement, Kirito called out to the raid members.

The rest of the parties should focus on it's flanks, while we take up it's attention!"

75th Floor, Boss Room

"Everyone, Attack!"

The battle cries came forth as The Skull Reaper, down to it's final health bar in the red, became overwhelmed with the sheer onslaught of the raid party. Thrusts, slashes and Sword Skills flashed, sang out and melded into a huge melting pot of attacks as the final drop of it's health was drained dry, the Boss giving a final, dry and inhuman scream, as it shattered into shards of light. Sagging back at the effort of concentration and coordination at the battle, the raid party sank down to rest, as they contemplated today's battle. Finally, it was Klein who asked the inevitable question.

"So, how many did we lose?"

Raising his head at the question, the <Black Swordsman> opened up the system menu, as he called up the party list, the number of empty spaces in the list indicating the number of players who were no longer living in either world. Sighing in resignation, he answered back, drawing several murmurs from the others

"Fourteen people."

"You've got to be kidding..."

"We've got another twenty-five floors to go...Can we really do this?"

Shifting his gaze, the <Black Swordsman> found only one person standing, even as his eyes passed the <White Swordsman>. The commander of the <Knights of Blood>. Unsurprisingly, the raid leader was not unscathed, having taken a huge brunt of the fighting on his own shoulders, and focusing on him, Kirito marveled at the discipline and stoicness at which the commander held himself, even as his line of thought came back at him.
    It was as if— he was a fighting machine.

Focusing on Heathcliff's expression, he found it composed. He was silently looking down at the sitting KoB members and the other players, his thought process suddenly making a leap of logic, even as he moved his fatigued body.

His eyes were warm and full of mercy—
    as if—

As if he was looking down at us, like a God.

The blade rushed in from the left, leaving a trail of bright blue light. Heathcliff reacted with surprising speed, and an expression of shock appeared on his face. He immediately lifted his shield in an attempt to guard, but it was too late, the Elucidator's blade flashed, as it's point reached for his chest.

Only to be stopped by an invisible wall, as a system message appeared, dyed deep purple.

[Immortal Object]

"Kiri-" The mumurs and questions died immediately, as everyone saw the system message, the single look of disbelief they directed back from the <Black Swordsman> towards the <Paladin>.

“...I had always wondered after my arrival in this world... Just where he was watching us from as he manipulated this world. But I forgot one simple truth, one that even a little kid should know.” Kirito muttered, even as he glared at the red-armored warrior. “«There's nothing more boring than watching someone else play a game». Isn't that right?...... Kayaba Akihiko?”

Even as everyone stiffened at the name, the man himself was unfazed, as he smiled.

"Indeed, I am Kayaba Akihiko. Originally I was supposed to be the final boss, and reveal myself on the Ninty-fifth floor, but I guess this is what you call an unexpected development. But then again, that's probably one of the reasons why we play MMORPGs"

"I can't say I'm a fan of the idea." countered Kirito as he glared daggers at the man, Asuna clinging to him in shock as she stared at the man she'd trusted for the last two years. "So, the strongest player is also the big, final bad boss?"

"Don't you think it's a great scenario?" shrugged Kayaba, as he gave a small smile. "I'd originally thought you'd be the one who'd face me in the end, Kirito-kun. But there was another unexpected development. " Continuing as he held the attention of everyone else, the man simply smiled, as though he wasn't in a room full of the players he'd betrayed.

"Out of the ten unique skills, <<Dual Blades>> was to be given to the player with the fastest reaction speed, who would then act out the hero's role against the final boss, regardless of whether he wins or loses. But then it was given to two players." Kayaba said, as he gestured towards the <White Swordsman>, even as his face became impassive, as he opened a system menu, quickly manipulating it as the players, save himself, Kirito and Shirou were remaining on their feet, the status of Paralysis on every other player.

"What are you going to do now?" Shirou asked, as he looked towards the other players. "Kill us all so that we can't let this out?" Shaking his head, the <Paladin> smiled.

" Surely nothing so unreasonable. Since it has come to this, I will simply await you in the Ruby Palace on the top floor. But before I go..." he said, the ghost of a smile gracing his features as he slammed his sword and shield into the ground. "I'm going to give you both a chance to end this right now, especially for discovering my true identity."

"Chance?" echoed the two <<Dual Blades>> wielders.

"A chance to fight me one-on-one. If you win, the remaining players trapped within SAO will be freed immediately. Of course, I will remove my immortality. But-"

"Only one of us may do so. I get it." muttered Kirito as he looked towards Shirou and Asuna. Memories of the nearly 3 years past flooding him.

The chaos of the first day after the announcement of being trapped in Sword Art Online.

The death of comrades who took that step to bring raid parties together.

The ones who had died trapped in dungeons, attempting to clear the game and make the best of their situation.

The looks of those who had died by his hands.

The sight of Asuna crying as she voiced her desire to be with him in the real world.

Gritting his teeth, he could only think that this would be the best way for all of them. Getting up as he laid Asuna on the ground, he faced Shirou, who shook his head, his fist slamming into Kirito's stomach, before disarming him, muttering a soft apology for his sudden attack.

"I'm sorry, but this isn't your fight."

Turning back towards Kayaba, Shirou glared as he uttered his acceptance of Kayaba's request. "Let's settle this." Drawing his blades, the <White Swordsman> walked towards the open stretch that was surrounded by fallen players, even as he saw Kayaba manipulate the window with his left hand and readjusted our HP bars to the same level. It was just before the red zone, where a single, strong hit would decide the fight, before the Paralysis status on Kirito was applied.

Finally, the system message [Changed into mortal object] appeared above his head, before promptly disappearing.

It all depended on Kayaba's pride. Based on what he said, he was planning to defeat Shirou with only the strength of «Holy Sword». If that was the case, the <White Swordsman>'s only chance of surviving this was to defeat him before he used any special abilities.

The space between Shirou and Heathcliff tensed. It felt as if the air itself trembled under the pressure of the murderous intent pouring out of us, even as Shirou was reminded of the battles he'd faced, prior to being trapped in SAO, and during.

This was no longer a duel; it was a fight to the death.

That's right—I will kill this man.

Charging forward, the twin black and white blades flashing as he swept them in, both blades poised for a overhead slash even as he yelled out a battle cry. Both of them had already shown their skills to each other. Furthermore, this was the person who designed <<Dual Blades>>, thus he easily saw through any common skill combinations that were registered by the system. In between slashes, thrusts and parries, Shirou's mind worked furiously as he was blocked, parried, and countered against every he'd attempted in the fight.

I can't rely upon the combos offered by the system; I have to depend on my own skills and instincts to swing my swords! He thought as he blocked another strike from the <Paladin>, this time an overhead slash that he'd directed away, even as he leaned back to avoid the edge of the swinging shield by a hair. Changing his attack pattern into a change-up with several followup thrusts, the <White Swordsman> continued to fight with such a speed that afterimages of the swords were visible, even as each attack was blocked or parried still.

Faster! I need to go faster! he urged his body, even as he let loose a furious combo of spinning attacks, the dust kicking up from the movements obscuring any view of the two combatants as the sounds of steel upon steel rang out from the dust. Letting out a battle cry, Shirou alternated between swords as Kayaba swept in, his shield blocking Shirou's view as the Holy Blade swept in, only to connect with air as Shirou left above, his return strike catching naught but a few hairs off Kayaba's ponytail as they continued their dance of death. The strikes and attacks already taking their toll on both swords and shield as the fury behind the blows threatened to shatter the durability of their weapons. One or the other had to break first, and the shock on Shirou's face was apparent when his black blade, Kanshou shattered under the impact of a thrust that was blocked by the impenetrable shield. Victory written on his face as he brought his own sword down, Kayaba Akihiko called out.

"Farewell, <White Swordsman> -kun!"

Crimson light flashed as the blade was brought down, but before it could connect, a black and white gleam busted through his shield, finally piercing his breastplate as he stared up from the wound to the face of the <White Swordsman> as Emiya Shirou murmured, the Holy Blade embedded into his sternum.

"I will be the one to bring about the end of this world.", as they both shattered into motes of glittering light.

Story Details:

Words: 7088
    Pages: 19
    Story Chapters: 4
    Last edited by hatori; March 21st, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    I have got to get around to looking up this "SAO" thing . . .

Beyond that, it looks good - very dramatic.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I do know Canada's made torrenting illegal... but there has to be another way you can get to it earlier...

Although i do know the blurays are already out for the SAO arc.

When I go random.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    I do know Canada's made torrenting illegal... but there has to be another way you can get to it earlier...
    Wait, when did this happen?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Relatively recently, I think - I remember reading about it somewhere . . .

But in this case, Hatori, I just meant looking up the series in general. I've seen the name before, but I've no idea what it is.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette