Page 351 of 353 FirstFirst ... 251301341346349350351352353 LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 7054

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Gameplay Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Nah, bro. Go look at their site, that's not what they did. For instance they gave Reines a D rating for farming, which is lower than Constantine. I want someone to explain how that tracks.
    Oh, so they're smoking crack then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Between her passive, her charisma battery, and her third skill against 3 enemies, she can charge her NP from zero on turn one, unlike Tama and normal Merlin. And her charge per turn scales with NP level.

If nothing else, she can OC your DPS' Np turn one then give an extra five percent per turn without a CE or any other investment.
    Yeah, which is why I said I'm fine with giving her a slight edge than Merlin or Tamamo in terms of farming. However, the advantage is really small for looping, basically just making her a sidegrade option for the usual Tamamo/Bride/Paracelsus/50% charger situation. Not something I'd go super far out of my way for.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Nah, bro. Go look at their site, that's not what they did. For instance they gave Reines a D rating for farming, which is lower than Constantine. I want someone to explain how that tracks.
    Appmedia rating never made sense tho...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Looking at Proto Merlin makes me want to see some buffs for Merlin. Proto gets a better invincibility (Mostly the self-charge, although delaying NPs is also nice, but I think the crit down his has can be nice.), charisma and her NP regen can get higher than his as well. Not to mention the passives.

I think it's a fair trade off, if you buff Merlin he'll just be better than her. He has advantages - they may not be advantages people care for anymore but she did actually make trade offs to gain her effects.

If you start tacking things on Merlin has more total effects per skill than Lady Avalon with lower cooldowns.

Her kit is so close to his that she's largely redundant even if flat out better for Arts, burst healing and mitigation. Funnily enough he is probably still going to be favoured if you're using the Morgan or Himiko OC comp, or as a backrow with Castoria if somehow your Buster comp can't zerg a fight/the fight can't be 3-4 turned.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The only real demerit Purin has compared to Merlin is that two of her skills have a longer CD than Merlin's. The NP drain thing is a delayed effect, so the invincible still functions as normal.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Which is fine skill budget wise. Her NP has better burst healing but his NP regen is significantly better until you seek NP levels on her.

His invincible already has 2 additional effects, the 1t stargen and 3t crit chance down. It's no way near as good as self charge and a delayed NP drain but if you add to it with the better cooldown, likewise his charisma, he probably moces up beyond parity.

I don't think her performance is enough of a step up to demand Merlin buffs in compensation.
    Last edited by Sath; August 12th, 2022 at 08:39 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Buff Merlin NP instead

It's like people forget Merlin's NP is a 5 turn effect. That adds up in a long fight. Unless you have like NP5 Proto Merlin or something so that the NP regen is so crazy, she will tend to lag behind him a bit. She can do his job still, but it's a shakier proposition.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Which is fine skill budget wise. Her NP has better burst healing but his NP regen is significantly better until you seek NP levels on her.

His invincible already has 2 additional effects, the 1t stargen and 3t crit chance down. It's no way near as good as self charge and a delayed NP drain but if you add to it with the better cooldown, likewise his charisma, he probably moces up beyond parity.

I don't think her performance is enough of a step up to demand Merlin buffs in compensation.
    Their different use cases also need to be taken into account. A Buster card critical buffed by Hero Creation will hit significantly harder than an Arts card crit of the same Servant buffed by Girlin's skill 1.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see in atlas that attacks can be differe tiated to magical and physical

Does it ever matter, practically?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    First I've ever heard of that, so no.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I see in atlas that attacks can be differe tiated to magical and physical

Does it ever matter, practically?
    Nope. There are unused trait/tags, that's just one of them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

AppMedia on Zerker Ibuki
    Behold.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For once, not a knee-jerk reaction.

Blog Entries
    its not because they judge her gameplay properly
    its because she is good and person in charge is raitafag i bet

My main issue with it is how boring the kit is. Just no uniqueness to it at all. Doesn't it make it not effective, mind. But it just feels like they took looping abilities and threw it on a Berserker.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Unlike Musashi, who lives and dies by her NP, Ibuki does have the ability to generate stars and use crits.

It is somewhat boring she's another looper, but she can at least work outside of it.

Blog Entries

Dark Side stocks very high especially considering nuSkadi synergy
    hmm
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; November 28th, 2022 at 12:24 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    So I've wondered how poorly I approached some fights, since I didn't like using Cubes on them but at the same time I didn't really want to get stuck waiting for translations on the boss' abilities.

LB7 Part various fights throughout.

My first fight I had to use cubes on was Camazotz, later on I remembered I could've tried Medea Lily to get rid of the poison, but overall it feels like I could've had a better setup. I think I used 2 cubes, but not sure. The guts made nuking him hard and poison killed me sooner or later.

Tez, not the final one after ORT, but the I think the last one before that. Maybe I had a bad setup, I can't remember the fight clearly, I just went in with Avenger dps and two supports but I think he stunned them during the fight and then finished them off maybe I could've finished this without using cubes if I restarted more but yeah I think a stun did me in.

Final one I wasn't sure how to do better was the Daybit Foreigner rush one, I just slowly burned to death I think and they did a lot of damage even to Bazett and there were too many. Maybe I should've used an AoE Alter Ego or not sure if I didn't bring Caster Arturia so that might be it? I didn't really retry it, since I lost really late into the fight and didn't want to do it over.

ORT was overall pretty cool idea and I think executed well, aside from the fact that beating ORT, even though it had no heart etc., is still a weird thing to wrap my head around, but the stuttering before the concept of death was applied was insane, and I had a bit during the final fight.

That being said it's still cool to see how my invested Servants could solo bars, weirdness of actually fighting ORT aside, and died like the heroes they are. It was also cool to see how certain Servants I wanted to invest in and like, but didn't have much luck rolling copies of, did well. For example Munenori did 800k by himself, despite only being NP1. I always really liked his gimmick of reducing attack power, but getting to stack that was always hard and Saber Lancelot is better at firing NPs back to back. I'd love to make a team one day that has 2 supports that help out reducing the damage the team takes with him, instead of relying on invincibility and the like. Sure there's Hans and Waver, but neither of them helps him stack his debuff by looping, although Hans can at least regen NP for him so that's kinda nice, and neither has debuffs to lower the enemy damage.

During the final ORT fight I couldn't keep Bazett alive until the end so I was surprised to see Waver live for 8 turns, just barely, and solo a bit over 480k of ORT's Hp.