Page 348 of 353 FirstFirst ... 248298338343346347348349350 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,960 of 7054

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Gameplay Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Tested for a sec.

It's bugged.

JP Friend Code
    Ask lol
    US Friend Code
    Not as Active, Ask!
    Dang it DW, thanks.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Would you ever see yourself using an underleveled Swimsuit Paisen as a sacrifice unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Sure. It's a lot of NP charge. Give her an Empieta and she's charging for 40% easy.

I don't think I will do it cause I don't really want to skill up a second Paisen but it doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not sure why this thread has laid dormant for so long...

In any case, farming with Summer Kiara gave me an idea: Wouldn't it be interesting if there were a Servant that could "advance time", so to speak.

Essentially, the effect would simply be that all effects that take several times would be advanced by some set amount of turns. So say Summer Kiara who needs 2 turns to charge up her first skill could now have its effect effectively immediately.

This effect would actually be quite useful on a lot of Servants. Penth, for example, would gain a 40%/60% NP charge (depending on turns advanced). Another one who would benefit would naturally be Lolivinci. I'm sure there are tons of Servants who could benefit from it.

I hope they add something like it at some point.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Raineh Daze's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'm not holding my breath; they keep adding DoT effects in NPs but have yet to add anyone dedicated to making DoT remotely useful.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hey, Burn is super useful for Yang Guifei! It boosts her NP damage!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Not sure why this thread has laid dormant for so long...

In any case, farming with Summer Kiara gave me an idea: Wouldn't it be interesting if there were a Servant that could "advance time", so to speak.

Essentially, the effect would simply be that all effects that take several times would be advanced by some set amount of turns. So say Summer Kiara who needs 2 turns to charge up her first skill could now have its effect effectively immediately.

This effect would actually be quite useful on a lot of Servants. Penth, for example, would gain a 40%/60% NP charge (depending on turns advanced). Another one who would benefit would naturally be Lolivinci. I'm sure there are tons of Servants who could benefit from it.

I hope they add something like it at some point.
    The problem with meta effects like the one you described is that they have the potential to go out of control, and for unique meta effects, create unforeseen combinations. Take Oberon's meta effect of np damage boost. Despite being loaded with so many demerits: unstackable, removes buffs after one turn, permanent unremovable unplugsuitable unsacrificable stun after one turn, it still shook the meta.

Anyways, Kingprotea's weakness, that she takes time to ramp up, gets negated. How would it interact with Salome's thrid skill?
    Last edited by Synaptic Star; December 26th, 2021 at 11:45 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll take fun and interesting combinations over balance any day of the week, so it doesn't really seem like much of an issue.

Depends on your game design philosophy: If a strategy is too powerful, should content be designed to counter it? When Merlin's + Jeanne Alter allowed nuking of health bars, should break bars be introduced to curb one turn kills? When Euryale shot every male saber and berserker in the dick, should those bosses have mental debuff resistance be given to them so that she stops being such a win button? When Skadi and Castoria made farming so braindead, should nodes that deviate from the 3-3-3 formula be introduced for variety?

If the answer is no, none of these things should have happened, let people use their overpowered strategies to curbstomp if they want, then sure balance takes backstage. However if the answer is yes, those things should have happened, then it is important to be mindful of things that have the potential to break the game.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Hey, Burn is super useful for Yang Guifei! It boosts her NP damage!
    You could replace every instance of burn in her kit with "Pretty Confetti that heals 1 damage per turn" and it would change nothing except give her slightly worse synergy that she doesn't use much anyway.

B-but then Yang wouldn't have synergy with her craft essence(Honey Lake).

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineh Daze View Post
    You could replace every instance of burn in her kit with "Pretty Confetti that heals 1 damage per turn" and it would change nothing except give her slightly worse synergy that she doesn't use much anyway.
    Yuyun lets me use all the burn CCs we're given

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The point is that the actual DoT component is irrelevant. And you know that. xD

JP Friend Code
    I just want them to let my Albion switch back and forth between NPs in combat.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I just want them to let my Albion switch back and forth between NPs in combat.
    Sounds like a potential Strengthening. Might as well add the option to either keep the Ascension or change it like Spishtar and Emiya.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That would be neat.

Also nice would be if the support search function didn't just filter the results but would actually find things that matched. There are obviously people with the right combo of CE/event servant/what have you. Show them to me, stop pretending nothing exists and then making me wait because you're addicted to implementing unnecessary RNG.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So where and with what is everyone using to farm for now? Liking this setup because it's honestly pretty splashable in terms of what you use, as the only specific options are Jeanne (Archer) and Saber Caster.

Odysseus can be replaced by quite a few options, practically all AoE Riders, Arjuna Alter, and Brynhild (Berserker). Restrictions are that they need to generate 30%+ battery by turn 3, with 30% options needing their own append max, 40% (aka Brynhild (Berserker) only I think) need it unlocked, and 50% batteries don't care. NP levels are going depending on rarity. Columbus is just shy of doing enough damage at NP5, level 70, 1k Attack Four, and 2k Attack CE due to being Man attribute and/or Evil. if you use a SR option, then that allows you to put in a R Servant in place of a C or UC Servant for bond gain.

Helena can be replaced by Asclepius, Helena (Archer), or any main battery charger support that provides 20% gauge to multiple Servants at once.

Edit: Technically you can replace Jeanne (Archer) with Xenobia, but you'll need a 50% charger, preferably another Saber Caster, to get her going the first time since she doesn't have a starting battery, but if you're going to double Saber Caster then there are tons of other options to consider for your damage dealer anyway.
    Last edited by Trubo; January 8th, 2022 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    I'm still on Double Saber Caster Space Ishtar, sorry

maybe if I'd rolled something else, but the gacha is a cruel mistress

Blog Entries

alt is rolling Kaleido!Kiara 2x Castoria