Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Maybe it just needs a new place to live. Would you call fumigating your house malevolent?
    If it involved me burning my house down and eating all the termites I would, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What's with the words that display over the map sometimes? Like after when you talk with Lakshmi at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    I mean that's why you got the Mashu scene with Ashiya. Even she is starting to feel heavily depressed / remorse about all these destroy your world to save mine thing
    Oh, what's he say to her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    At least we are not some mindless peasants that dunno how to write and read and unkowingly die laterAt least the the majority are not treated like livestock
    but is it better to treat a minority like livestock

cause we do that sometimes
    Last edited by Kotonoha; June 19th, 2019 at 11:12 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    And frankly, for all the shitty things in the world, none are as bad as 'you get eaten once you turn 25 or before then if you haven't spat out a baby'
    The sheer memetic value of loli breeding farms almost makes Skadi worth it.

Almost.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Being erased because you fuck up a little sounds worse than getting eaten by a giant.

- - - Updated - - -

The sheer memetic value of loli breeding farms almost makes Skadi worth it.

Almost.
    Skadi is the worst conceptualized Lostbelt "king". Sync up Scatty and Skadi because of JP pop culture memes and a contemporary thesis.

Although this reminds me, what's the nature of Freyja and Bryn's relationship? I can't remember if there's an actual correlation or if I just imagined it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Probably. Didn't want to use LB4 as an example since I'm a bit unclear on how the specifics of it work.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's with the words that display over the map sometimes? Like after when you talk with Lakshmi at night.
    You start off with debuffs that gradually disappear as you beat Godjuna's minions and convert people to atheism

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Being erased because you fuck up a little sounds worse than getting eaten by a giant.
    Big doubt

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    I mean that's why you got the Mashu scene with Ashiya. Even she is starting to feel heavily depressed / remorse about all these destroy your world to save mine thing
    In the end that's a given. I don't personally feel all that bad about it since the circumstances of their world's not being pruned makes getting rid of that tree before the Alien god gets what he wants as well as the questionable conditions of the lostbelts (the fact that all of their maintainance so far has been rather questionable with varying levels of dictatorships keeping things under control helps), but in the end you're still going to interact with the residents of this town and Mash is an overly sensitive person.

Blog Entries
    Skadi is the worst conceptualized Lostbelt "king". Sync up Scatty and Skadi because of JP pop culture memes and a contemporary thesis.
    I am reasonably certain that the only reason they glued Scathach to her was whalebait. Same reason they saved her for the anniversary.

Skadi as herself would have been fine as the LB king.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I am reasonably certain that the only reason they glued Scathach to her was whalebait. Same reason they saved her for the anniversary.
    Even though she saved quick memes, I still haven't forgiven them for not releasing an actual anniversary Servant for the 3rd anniversary.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Big doubt
    I'd say they're kind of even, one is painless but your soul is completely erased i.e. reincarnation isn't even an option anymore for you, you still have the likely hood of being eaten by 8 legged crocodiles, and you might just slip a little before 'god' decides you're not worthy of his world.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    In the end that's a given. I don't personally feel all that bad about it since the circumstances of their world's not being pruned makes getting rid of that tree before the Alien god gets what he wants as well as the questionable conditions of the lostbelts (the fact that all of their maintainance so far has been rather questionable with varying levels of dictatorships keeping things under control helps), but in the end you're still going to interact with the residents of this town and Mash is an overly sensitive person.
    If only Chaldea decided to stop making friendly with the locals, but nope, that's just the way they be.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Or at least not as uniformly bad. Pan-Human History seems to be distinguishable by its diversity as compared to the LBs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think the main argument Nasu wanted to show in lb4 is that what arjuna is doing, arbitrarily throwing away things that "aren't necessary" is a micro look at how the pruning system is. Just instead of arujuna we have us deciding what's necessary and what isn't. Instead of people being gone, it's entire timelines.
    Either way LB4 is all about being a hypocrite in this sense.
    Okay, so Arjuna snapped the dog. We snapped that dog in every single timeline that diverged too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I'd say they're kind of even, one is painless but your soul is completely erased i.e. reincarnation isn't even an option anymore for you, you still have the likely hood of being eaten by 8 legged crocodiles, and you might just slip a little before 'god' decides you're not worthy of his world.
    One's existential dread and the other is a primal fear (of being eaten). In this case, I'd fear more the existential one, even though it's not as concretely painful/hellish as the more grounded fate.

Also, really its the Alien God's fault these LBs have been dredged up from the trash folder where they languished in obscurity, not deleted completely by the World. If not for it, these LBs could have continued their own business and no one would get erased.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    You start off with debuffs that gradually disappear as you beat Godjuna's minions and convert people to atheism
    DAWKINS DAWKINS DAWKINS DAWKINS
    canon finish apo vol 3

If only Chaldea decided to stop making friendly with the locals, but nope, that's just the way they be.
    You still need a place to stay and food to eat though.

Personally, I'd befriend the locals just to give myself more fuel to avenge them against the Alien God.