Page 3233 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2233273331333183322332283231323232333234323532383243328333333733 ... LastLast
Results 64,641 to 64,660 of 79531

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    All the World's Evils, Beast EXtra
    Who ever said beasts numbers from 1-7?

JP Friend Code
    Also one weird thing is that 2 out of the Beasts so far are agents of the Counter Force for some reason. Tiamat is "Beast of the Counter Force", Ishtar also wondered if Solomon summoned her or the Human Order. We knew it's the former, but I'm curious why would the Human Order summon her? Is it because of the whole "patron of humanity" side she has? And Fou as Primate Murder is Beast of Gaia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    All the World's Evils, Beast EXtra
    Extra was an evil addition to the series, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Final chapter of part 2 something something 7 Grand party

I still hope that Grand Rider is an actual dragon rider, considering that's something thats always denied even by high rank Riding
    but lets be real it wont be
    Or 7 Beasts being converted by harem protag vs the ultimate boss.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    What? Ishtar summoned by Solomon?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    What? Ishtar summoned by Solomon?
    Tiamat, not Ishtar

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Also one weird thing is that 2 out of the Beasts so far are agents of the Counter Force for some reason. Tiamat is "Beast of the Counter Force", Ishtar also wondered if Solomon summoned her or the Human Order. We knew it's the former, but I'm curious why would the Human Order summon her? Is it because of the whole "patron of humanity" side she has? And Fou as Primate Murder is Beast of Gaia.
    I always took that as their role as a programmed apoptosis for humanity. They serve a role inside of humanity's rules, it's just a harmful one. There is also that Gilgamesh line about Beasts being supposed to be some kind of task that humans have to surpass.

On another subject, I knew that I found the background art of RQ familiar, it's the Chair of St. Peter
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Grands not being deployed full force would be in line with CF applying exactly enough pressure to ensure required outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Grands not being deployed full force would be in line with CF applying exactly enough pressure to ensure required outcome
    But if you say you need 7 to fight a single beast and you never send more than 2 and strip the grand title for arbitrary reasons it makes me question the CF's logic

also on the background, why the hell does a pagan diety have a christian background

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    But if you say you need 7 to fight a single beast and you never send more than 2 and strip the grand title for arbitrary reasons it makes me question the CF's logic
    We just said that's supposed to be 7 with no other help or external factors whatsoever. When Chaldea, other Servants and other elements enter the mix, the CF decides to not deploy all of them at once.

Also it's not the CF that strips the Grand title, so far Orion and Hassan have chosen tho renounce the title themselves for their own reasons (and as I asked and was answered yesterday, it probably doesn't mean that they aren't Grand anymore, but just that that specific summon went "to waste", from the perspective of the CF)

also on the background, why the hell does a pagan diety have a christian background
    Because it's also a symbol of Rome. Everything is ROMA.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Because it's also a symbol of Rome. Everything is ROMA.
    Souka

But feels a bit random as well, is there ANY connection outside of that?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gemini Saga was the Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Gemini Saga was the Pope.
    Ah so once again saint seiya, still not as bad as odysseus.

Each cathedra represents the power and responsability of the bishop. By extension, the cathedra Petri represents the episcopal office of the Pope as Bishop of Rome.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Question.

according to Atlantantis, there was a time before the Age of Gods when the planets received power directly from the universe.

why do you think that that no longer happens and what do you think that that energy being given to the planets implies, in the grand scheme of things?

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Question.

according to Atlantantis, there was a time before the Age of Gods when the planets received power directly from the universe.

why do you think that that no longer happens and what do you think that that energy being given to the planets implies, in the grand scheme of things?
    I feel like it's a nod to the explanation we have about the pruning phenomenom, that the multiverse has finite energy and every 100 years it selects the universes that are stagnated and stops feeding them so that the ones that can still progress are mantained.

Either that or the geological fact that when rocky planets like Earth are being formed by the collision of many lesser space rocks they turn to magma due to the heat generated by the impacts, and this heat is the energy that fuels the newborn planet's processes (like tectonic plates) for the subsequent billions of years. Once the impacts stop, however, the planet stops receiving new energy, dooming it to someday become a desolated wasteland like Mercury, Mars or the Moon, unless somehow new impacts feed it with more energy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCell View Post
    the geological fact that when rocky planets like Earth are being formed by the collision of many lesser space rocks they turn to magma due to the heat generated by the impacts, and this heat is the energy that fuels the newborn planet's processes (like tectonic plates) for the subsequent billions of years. Once the impacts stop, however, the planet stops receiving new energy, dooming it to someday become a desolated wasteland like Mercury, Mars or the Moon, unless somehow new impacts feed it with more energy.
    not a geologist but pretty sure that's not how it works
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    not a geologist but pretty sure that's not how it works
    I mean, I oversimplified it but it does work like that, all the energy the Earth has now comes from its early stage of formation (both the heat generated by impacts and the radioactive decay of the atoms that formed our planet, now mostly concentrated at the core). One day this energy will end, however, stopping processes like the formation of crust. Mars, Mercury and the Moon are examples we have of rocky celestial bodies where the energy for plate tectonics has mostly faded.

OK, that blew my mind. didnt think that the planet's energy came from an outside source

Talk to me about Atlas

How about the Atlas wank in this chapter? I'm not so good in Greek myth but I remember Atlas being the Titan that holds the heaven pillars in place. This in TM and more so in the AoG Greek Losbelt were the heaven seems to be in a different texture of sorts meaning he actually holds the metaphysic structure of everything in place. Now, how it translates in him having the ability (not the power, the power source comes of the tree) to turn and/or ascend lifeforms such as the mankind to the level of gods, like himself.