Page 3236 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2236273631363186322632313234323532363237323832413246328633363736 ... LastLast
Results 64,701 to 64,720 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ishtar jacking the event from Gil was so dumb.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Next time it should be Herakles

So what's the deal with the origin of the Gemini twins? Were they gods during their time on the argo, but were downgraded to their forms in legends established by humans later on? Castor mentions that he hates humans the most because of this, but Pollux also says that she'll protect humans because Castor used to be one. Is this just a case of legends mixing with fact and altering memories?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    From what I understand
    Castor and Pollux were deified humans before the arrival of the Olympians (I think Pollux mentions they were once humans, both of them), the "Divine Twins" that feature in multiple mythologies

After the Olympian's arrival they got caught up in their legend, eventually becoming "children of Zeus" and then in the end "children of Leda, one by Zeus, one by Tyndareus"

IIRC also Caenis says Castor envied him in the Argo, and well, he died, so they must've been degraded by then

Jason is just THAT good at getting people to work for him

Ah, ok. So the Dioscuri were on earth before the original Olympians came and were known as the gods of Gemini. Then they died and were absorbed into the pantheon by way of becoming Zeus's children and instead became the twins who ascended to Gemini?

JP Friend Code
    The dying part was last

Aboriginal Gods -> Absorbed into Olympian Pantheon -> Divinity degraded into demigod/mortal -> Adventure! -> Death -> Constellation

At least that's what I got

They might have been Gemini originally too, and it got attributed to Zeus later, but I dunno
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 18th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.

It's really interesting, but also really confusing. They became downgraded because of legends, but how can there be legends talking about their birth when they were heralded as gods? The explanation is probably a lot simpler than I'm making it out to be.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    From what I understand
    Castor and Pollux were deified humans before the arrival of the Olympians (I think Pollux mentions they were once humans, both of them), the "Divine Twins" that feature in multiple mythologies

After the Olympian's arrival they got caught up in their legend, eventually becoming "children of Zeus" and then in the end "children of Leda, one by Zeus, one by Tyndareus"

IIRC also Caenis says Castor envied him in the Argo, and well, he died, so they must've been degraded by then

Jason is just THAT good at getting people to work for him
    When i looked at the translation of the line, it seemed that pollux only mentioned castor being human instead of both of them. So i think both were probably just gods from the get got.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Level 2
    P: We are the shining stars, St. Elmo’s fire.
    C: St. Elmo, St. Elmo… Fufu. That a human turns into a holy one makes me laugh.
    P: Fufu. Brother. That’s how we were at the beginning.
    C: Right… Right?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh, i was thinking about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialogue 6
    P: I’ll be sad if humans die.
    C: Why?!
    P: Because you too were human once, Brother.
    C: ……
    Then maybe i guess? Weird that pollux didn’t say they were both once human for this line.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Well Pollux is supposed to be a demi-god. Castor is the fully human one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    The dying part was last

Aboriginal Gods -> Absorbed into Olympian Pantheon -> Divinity degraded into demigod/mortal -> Adventure! -> Death -> Constellation

At least that's what I got

They might have been Gemini originally too, and it got attributed to Zeus later, but I dunno
    Going by their profile, is this way
    But they were a single unnamed god with two bodies. Their names, Castor, Pollux, Dioscuri, Gemini, all came later by their incorporation on the Olympians mythos. Their association with St. Elmo's fire and Protectors of Voyagers also are attributes added later on

So this unnamed god would then go on to be absorbed into the mythos by way of being 'reborn' as children of Zeus and Leda, but would be downgraded as a result and only obtain their standing as true gods after their deaths?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Protectors of Voyagers also are attributes added later on
    I think this part was there before the Olympians ovetoook them, they talk about how their role was to protect humans.
    Also fits with this https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Divine_twins

Represented as young men rescuing mortals from peril in battle or at sea[...]

The two brothers are generally portrayed as healers and helpers, travelling in miraculous vehicles in order to save shipwrecked mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I think this part was there before the Olympians ovetoook them, they talk about how their role was to protect humans.
    Also fits with this https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Divine_twins
    The profile actually specify that came from the book Argonautica
    Book 2, 806
    And besides that, to the sons of Tyndareus will I raise a lofty temple on the Acherusian height, which all sailors shall mark far across the sea and shall reverence; and hereafter for them will I set apart outside the city, as for gods, some fertile fields of the well-tilled plain."
    Basically, thanks/according to that book, people started to reverence them as protectors of sailors thanks to their deeds during the argo expedition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baloshua View Post
    So this unnamed god would then go on to be absorbed into the mythos by way of being 'reborn' as children of Zeus and Leda, but would be downgraded as a result and only obtain their standing as true gods after their deaths?
    Unnamed god exist -> Olympians came -> people starts to told legends about them -> on those legends this unnamed god is refered as the Dioscuri -> they lose their original divinity and actually become the Dioscuri because of the widespread legend -> the rest goes as the tales says
    The profile doesn't really touch upon is they really got reborn as mortals throught Leda or after losing their divinity they just play the role as you're asking

Blog Entries
    this is some 4D mythography shit
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Btw, what is the material that the twins' CE mentions that their weapons are made out of?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's never mentioned why the puncher, who Jason even says is good at punching, has a fuckin sword. And that's awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    I mean, if she's strong enough that her punches are scary, imagine what she'll do with a sword!

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Btw, what is the material that the twins' CE mentions that their weapons are made out of?
    Adamas
    To add, their CE also says Oddy's armour/NP and Achilles' shield/armour are made of the same stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    this is some 4D mythography shit
    Agree -_-
    Last edited by Lobo; April 18th, 2020 at 03:05 PM.