Page 3259 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2259275931593209324932543257325832593260326132643269330933593759 ... LastLast
Results 65,161 to 65,180 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

I'm still confused about the difference between Skadi, Godjuna and Zeus
    I thought Skadi was like Zeus, a true God, not a Divine Spirit that relies on human worship, so the comparison made in LB5 seems weird to me
    I get that Skadi is weaker because the conditions of her LB, but I'm also confused in the difference between a true God and a Divine spirit and in which term Godjuna falls
    So what's is the real difference between the 3 or am I misunderstanding something?

JP Friend Code
    The difference is that Zeus was an alien mecha, not a nature concept.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When your power isn't dependent on belief you tend to avoid losing power when people die.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I'm still confused about the difference between Skadi, Godjuna and Zeus
    I thought Skadi was like Zeus, a true God, not a Divine Spirit that relies on human worship, so the comparison made in LB5 seems weird to me
    I get that Skadi is weaker because the conditions of her LB, but I'm also confused in the difference between a true God and a Divine spirit and in which term Godjuna falls
    So what's is the real difference between the 3 or am I misunderstanding something?
    It's the same difference as a Hero and Heroic Spirit. The God was the living being the Divine Spirit is what's left after the God died or left this plane.
    Godjuna would be a Arjuna who drank a bunch of divinity. So he'd be a God since he's alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    I think Skadi is just weaker overall. She is a relatively minor deity compared to a head of the pantheon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How are we measuring Skadi's power? Because she only actually fought when decided she wanted to lose.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    How are we measuring Skadi's power? Because she only actually fought when decided she wanted to lose.
    Well clearly she was the 2nd LB King (ignoring Surtr's hijack) so she's > Ivan because powerlevels can only work that way.

All the LB Kings follow shounen powerlevel so they are stronger than the last one. Also Zeus have like, all the Authorities, and I don't think only the ones of the fallen Olympians, but was implied that all of the Titans, Gaia and Uranus and the one of Helios?

Blog Entries
    Makes you wonder how LB Kings 6 and 7 will be able to top Zeus' power level.

bring in artoria with a dose of fresh wank and you'll easily surpass all powerlevels seen before

In a showdown to the death what will win

Sci fi wank, buddhistwank or camelot wank.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    In a showdown to the death what will win

Sci fi wank, buddhistwank or camelot wank.
    This is a trick question right?

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    This is a trick question right?
    Yeah I know, the real answer is 'what has nasu watched recently for references'

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Yeah I know, the real answer is 'what has nasu watched recently for references'
    The real answer is Seiba wank duh. Smh

JP Friend Code
    Since when Buddhism is about powerlvl? The Buddha literally defeated the demon king by not fighting.

Everything can be turned into all about power levels and power wank if you look at it with that intent.

but that’s silly isn’t it.

I don’t think that there’s really a need, or a case of power escalation with the lostbelts save for Atlantis so far. They’re different scale threats in a different circumstance, and different types of power. Ivan is about dealing with scarcity and while the environment is more of a threat he has less infrastructure and support. His power is himself and so he’s an overwhelming final battle. QSH has a lot more built up and his main body is shut down towards the end. He has a lot more people under his banner and he’s also a extremely powerful enemy of course but he isn’t a calamitous boss fight in the same way.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SS2 Vegeto View Post
    Buddhism may not be about power, but to my understanding, the Buddhas are certainly powerful. So for example, with respect to the trichiliocosm, "It is said that a single supreme nirmanakaya buddha has mastery over such a world system." Shakyamuni would be one example of a supreme nirmanakaya Buddha.

Of course, my reading on the subject is shallow, so I could totally be misunderstanding what is meant by that.
    Yes the Buddhas are powerful, no one said they aren't. They can easily govern a solar system and Saver's NP can be utilized to cause the pruning of all worlds, effectively ending humanity's future. Musashi looked at LB Zeus and said that his overwhelming presence is like the sun Buddha Vairocana. So no, Nasu did not nerf Buddhas, the mushroom went with it.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SS2 Vegeto View Post
    Where comparisons are drawn to modern western cosmology at all, I usually see the trichiliocosm explained in terms of galaxies (in fact, Nasu himself does this), which is well beyond the scale of solar systems.
    A trichiliocosm is equal to a super cluster, IRL. But we have no confirmation that Nasu was literally using it, or he is just referencing RL stuffs. However as of now trichiliocosm is being used to refer to the myriads of worlds in Suzuka's NP. And thus Chakravartin being able to prune all worlds = prune trichiliocosm. Nothing changed.
    And with respect to the pruning, didn't Saver do that by hijacking the Moon Cell? Or am I misremembering?
    Saver already left Last Encore universe after Twice entered the Moon Cell's core and got deleted, turning into Deadface Twice. He left his Chakravartin behind for Twice to do w/e he wants with it. The Chakravartin created a black barrier surrounding the Moon Cell's core, shutting it down entirely. Then before Deadface Hakuno arrived at the core, the announcer reported that the preparation for the Chakravartin to activate is completed, and within 1200 seconds all parallel worlds will be pruned. It is just that broken even without Saver being there.

I somehow doubt it was all branches on the tree too.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I somehow doubt it was all branches on the tree too.
    Same. But we have no further information on its scope because it was stopped before it could start. If you take the wording as face value, then it is ALL worlds aka the entire tree Extraverse is a part of. But one should never take anything Nasu wrote as literal. When the literal concept of omnipotence itself cannot be applied to everything on Earth, then you know you cannot take everything as face value.