Page 3290 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2290279031903240328032853288328932903291329232953300334033903790 ... LastLast
Results 65,781 to 65,800 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I can't tell if the Ultraman connection is more or less of a meme theory than the "Holmes is Arcueid" one.
    Could you enlighten me on this?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Could you enlighten me on this?
    We know Holmes is mixed with something that's not a Servant, and he's got a short story (recapped on his recent interlude) where he and Helena go to Himalaya and find a transcendental being of light hidden there. This light thing is so higher of a being that Holmes chose to swear to what he saw there instead of swearing to God. Naturally, the most common fan theory ongoing about Holmes' fusion is that he's fused with whatever it is that he found at the cliffhanger end of this story.

But the problem with that is: we've already heard this exact same story before in /Extra. While exploring Himalaya, Gatou found
    Arcueid Brunestud
    what was hidden there
    , interpreted her as a goddess above all gods, and tried to make a new religion about it. Considering nothing in /Extra and /GO backstory differences so far seem to justify Arcueid changing her resting spot, the thing people theorize to be fused with Holmes should be Arcueid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    - SF: It's 100 years early to face ORT.
    wasn't that more of a figure of speech than a literal century? I read that part of the SF thread just recently and people seemed to point that out

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    We know Holmes is mixed with something that's not a Servant, and he's got a short story (recapped on his recent interlude) where he and Helena go to Himalaya and find a transcendental being of light hidden there. This light thing is so higher of a being that Holmes chose to swear to what he saw there instead of swearing to God. Naturally, the most common fan theory ongoing about Holmes' fusion is that he's fused with whatever it is that he found at the cliffhanger end of this story.

But the problem with that is: we've already heard this exact same story before in /Extra. While exploring Himalaya, Gatou found
    Arcueid Brunestud
    what was hidden there
    , interpreted her as a goddess above all gods, and tried to make a new religion about it. Considering nothing in /Extra and /GO backstory differences so far seem to justify Arcueid changing her resting spot, the thing people theorize to be fused with Holmes should be Arcueid.
    So Tsukihime Remake is taking so long to come out because it's a sequel to Cosmos in the Lostbelt. Damn.

Holmes's walking stick has Tibetan writtings on it and there's Endless Knot engravings on his coat. I'm guessing whatever he's fused with will be something from Buddhism syncretized with something from theosophy. The Himalaya's in general are probably a place where multiple "higher beings" can be found because it's the places closest to the the heavens on Earth.

JP Friend Code
    The sanskrit line engraved on his staff is "Om mani padme hum" btw, and another line harder to read.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    Holmes's walking stick has Tibetan writtings on it and there's Endless Knot engravings on his coat. I'm guessing whatever he's fused with will be something from Buddhism syncretized with something from theosophy. The Himalaya's in general are probably a place where multiple "higher beings" can be found because it's the places closest to the the heavens on Earth.
    "All planets have their own Planetary Spirits, which are “primarily the rulers or governors of the planets. As our earth has its hierarchy of terrestrial planetary spirits, from the highest to the lowest plane, so has every other heavenly body.”" (H.P. Blavatsky, “Theosophical Glossary” p. 255)

Sounds like the Types to me.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    V/V sanat kumara when?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    god, if ORT gets dumpstered by humanity bullshit I will be pissed. It would be nice for aliens to actually accomplish something for once (no, """alien""" god does not count) instead of being designated losers just like Beasts.
    dream scenario: daybit + grand + beast vitch + clown olga all try to take on ORT, it fucks them up and goes back to sleep
    If ORT shows up in FGO, it's going to be a boss battle. It might be weakened, we might just fight the UFO form, but it's going to be a boss battle. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it survived the gameplay and ensuing cutscene, but it is 100% going to be a boss battle.
    Also, keep in mind that Aristoteles have gotten dumpstered by humanity bullshit ever since their introduction. They exist to be beaten by humans.

The real question is whether or not ORT is the same one as in PHH and can talk because of eating that one DAA. It seems like the kind of thing that could survive the bleaching.

Quote Originally Posted by neveron View Post
    If ORT shows up in FGO, it's going to be a boss battle. It might be weakened, we might just fight the UFO form, but it's going to be a boss battle. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it survived the gameplay and ensuing cutscene, but it is 100% going to be a boss battle.
    Also, keep in mind that Aristoteles have gotten dumpstered by humanity bullshit ever since their introduction. They exist to be beaten by humans.

The real question is whether or not ORT is the same one as in PHH and can talk because of eating that one DAA. It seems like the kind of thing that could survive the bleaching.
    you'd think ORT would survive the bleaching by default since it's not really living on earth, but in the crystal valley

Interesting. So it's possible even Holmes doesn't know who originally summoned him. That would explain how he could be a potential enemy without actually making him a bad guy.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    you'd think ORT would survive the bleaching by default since it's not really living on earth, but in the crystal valley
    but also, well, I have a hard time thinking ORT is less durable than David fucking Bluebook.

I definitely feel like it's going to be an Atlas-in-Camelot situation, but I guess it might also literally just be ORT-as-Tezcatlipoca or something?

JP Friend Code
    There is a theory that ORT was the one responsible to the bleaching, then alien god was able to descend afterwards, because the bleaching happened before the alien made any moves. Basically the bleach was done by someone else (and that's one is ORT).

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    is there a reason why would ORT do something like helping Alien God.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I find more believable that the bleaching was done by Anastasia, since the timing with her freezing Chaldeas and the bleaching feels a bit too convenient to be anything else. Marisbilly killed himself to prevent someone from forcing him to shut down his globe, so he clearly needed it running for longer, possibly to eventually reach a level of synchronicity were erasing Chaldeas = erasing the world. And when it got to this level, Koyanskaya and Kirei brought in Anastasia, she froze the globe and the Earth got blank.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    so Chaldeas can affect Planet Earth directly?

that's an Elemental level.

US Friend Code
    I wouldn't be shocked if Chaldeas caused it, since if I remember correctly they made a big deal of Chaldeas freezing over in the prologue and even emphasized it in the opening video, but Anastasia feels like too much of a bit player to be the culprit.

- - - Updated - - -

I also doubt it was ORT, I think the world would be crystal instead of bleached if it was ORT.

when chaldeas froze, didn't it also crack?