Page 3341 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2341284132413291333133363339334033413342334333463351339134413841 ... LastLast
Results 66,801 to 66,820 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Shinsengumi romanticize was mostly caused by this man.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ry%C5%8Dtar%C5%8D_Shiba
    Thansk for sharing. I remember somebody recommending the Ryouma book to learn a bit more of the Servant itself. Is this the one that romanticized the Shinsengumi, or is it another one?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He’s the big author who romanticized Ryouma, the Shinsengumi, Fuuma Kotarou, Musashi, among others. Also popularized Xiang Yu in Japan.

Which books do you recommend from him, apart from the Ryouma one which I'm planning to get in the future?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know Shiba by his huge reputation, but I actually never read anything by him. One of my coworkers is always recommending me Musashi, but that's because he views it as the golden example of what Japanese-to-Brazilian Portuguese translation should look like, so I can't vouch for the book's actual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I know Shiba by his huge reputation, but I actually never read anything by him. One of my coworkers is always recommending me Musashi, but that's because he views it as the golden example of what Japanese-to-Brazilian Portuguese translation should look like, so I can't vouch for the book's actual content.
    The topic of Brazilian/Portuguese translations sounds interesting honestly what with Brazil being one of the more notable population blocks of JP people out of Japan.

Although rip Brazil these days.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nobukatsu's 6th profile entry is uhh... quite something, by the looks of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

What does it say?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Out of the parts I can read?
    Spoiler:
    ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE ANIUE
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    What does it say?
    Idk if bananashiki updated his post with the two new parts but I translated them for friends anyway so here's the 6th
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobukatsu profile pt6
    My sister is awesome! She saved me from bullies in town, and beat those guys half to death!
    My sister is awesome! She climbed up a really tall tree while hurling persimmons at me!
    My sister is awesome! While sitting at the riverbed she told me of a new way of life I hadn't even thought of!
    My sister is awesome! She created a new form of warfare I couldn't even imagine!
    My sister is awesome! I don't think our mother has any idea how awesome my sister is, but I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually!
    My sister is awesome! Why don't you get it? What in the world could surpass my sister?
    My sister is awesome! Aa yeah, I finally figured it out, these guys, they're all stupid, right!?
    My sister is awesome! These guys aren't fit to be my sister's vassals, and naturally, neither am I!
    My sister is awesome! Let's collect and burn everything that is a hindrance to my sister, and naturally, that includes me!
    My sister is awesome! Why did you allow my actions? Why did you not kill me!?
    My sister is awesome! At last, this incompetent, good-for-nothing me will be killed!
    ---My sister, truly, thank you so much!
    Last edited by fumei; October 16th, 2020 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oof.

Thanks for the TL. You said you did part 5, could you post that too?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh so his 6th profile is basically that special koha-ace manga about him huh.

That’s....uh, cheerful.
    Last edited by Sandstorm77; October 16th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Idk if bananashiki updated his post with the two new parts but I translated them for friends anyway so here's the 6th
    Oh my God (@_@. I know this applies to most characters in this franchise but he this one really needs a therapist

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Oof.

Thanks for the TL. You said you did part 5, could you post that too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobukatsu profile pt5
    Maou Kaiten, Majushage*
    Type: Anti-unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum targets: 1

A suicide-type Noble Phantasm which strengthens the target in exchange for self-annihilation.
    This is the only Noble Phantasm allowed for Nobukatsu, who set his sister down the path of the Demon Lord with his death.

It is a Noble Phantasm that would normally cause the entire Saint Graph to disperse, but by assimilating with a certain nameless Saint Graph, it is possible to retain the connection to one's body.

It is said that this nameless Saint Graph was once that of a younger brother, he too wishing to save his sister.

"That's right, brothers and sisters are there to help each other"
    * Kaiten here means like, to turn the tide of something (it makes sense with the story). Majushage is a name for red spider lily (the flower in the NP)
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I was wondering how he summoned Nobunaga without dying.
    canon finish apo vol 3

One thing that confused me when reading it was the actual resurrection of Nobu. Because the profile description is pretty explicit about it being a strengthening-type NP, and doesn't mention anything about the whole "bring back nobu" bit, and meanwhile, in-story it was never used to strengthen Nobu, but just to bring her back, so it was kinda ??? on what they wanted it to be storywise. Though I mean, the resurrection thing does make sense considering the spider lily is the "resurrection lily" and all, but yeah.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Blog Entries
    So...any info on this event's second half?

Nobukatsu blowing Morgan the fuck out on the Siscon straits

"I had a child with her and am dedicating all efforts to revive her, villainously because I am a yandere fairy thot"

"Bitch did you ever accept you will be nothing ever compared to your sister and dedicate all of your existence to aiding her to the point you stage a fake rebellion gathering all dissident elements so she will kill all of you in one fell swoop?"

"...No"

Somewhere Agravain feels kindred