Page 3357 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2357285732573307334733523355335633573358335933623367340734573857 ... LastLast
Results 67,121 to 67,140 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Job.

Duh.
    well he was hired, i guess

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    What? Flauros? He's the one in not!Romani's body?I thought his character arc was finished in Back Alley Alliance, but he actually survived?

It's interesting since he was the one who had thrown Olga Marie's soul to Chaldeas. She also appears in that same manga, but I haven't read past Lev's (supposed) demise.
    It's not a confirmed fact, it's a theory some people have but it has as much or less basis than it just being Goetia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Oh... Well, that had got me excited. Still, that is plausible since most Demon God Pillar could have the same speech pattern as Goetia's.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Having "Lev" come back at the same time as "Olga" only with their roles reversed has some pretty good storytelling potential... which is how I know it ain't happening.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Right now we're running on average at about 1.5 story chapters a year. That's about three years for part 2 to finish, assuming at least one other .5 style chapter a la Imaginary Scramble, which we know we've got coming up, and the story climax getting its own part, and LBs 6 and 7 only being one part.
    No, we're actually running on average 3 chapters a year

The average is a little skewed because of the low preliminary wait for LB6 there, but even removing it you have an average of 120 days, which is still 3 per year. Even if you ignore the events (which I don't see why you would but ok), bringing LB4's wait up to 204 days, and the preliminary wait for LB6 to 229 days, you still only have an average of 143 days, which is only slightly less than 3 per year, or double your assumption.

Did 4.5 have the longest release wait of any chapter? Yes, it did. Does that mean the game is dead and we're now only getting one story chapter a year? No, because that's not how averages work.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wonder about events like the Lady Reines Case Files, if that counts for this or not.

Blog Entries
    Should count.

yeah, nasu will quit FGO for sure. uh-huh. haven't heard that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I wonder about events like the Lady Reines Case Files, if that counts for this or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Should count.
    You can count them if you want, but the reason I only include Ooku and Scramble (and CCC in the other graph) is because they are the ones that explicitly take place during the main story while having a proper connection to the story at large, not to mention that they are officially "counted" as part of the main story (CCC was titled EoR, and Ooku and Scramble were both named 3.5 and 4.5 respectively). Other events might have big lore stuff but whether they relate to the main story or not in the same way is probably always gonna be debated depending on who you ask, and that's why I don't count them here.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

The new OP has Lev hugging Roman, yet it has no hint of Goetia...

I mean, it might be Goetia, but Lev has kept appearing in places like Moonlight/Lostroom or Babylonia episode 0 for a reason. Olga Marie and the Crypters are his victims, too, so he has a closer personal relationship with the current story than Goetia.
    Last edited by rocohanda; November 24th, 2020 at 02:51 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But Lev in the FGO timeline is not a person with free will, he's a human fleshsuit for Flauros, a demon who was part of the Goetia hivemind during the times he was relevant to the story (both on-screen and in backstory). Flauros having survived like other 5 Goetia demons did makes more sense that the hivemind formula having survived the loss of its 72 demons and still retaining its personality without its components, but people will still say the Chaldean is Goetia because Lev, Flauros and Goetia are functionally the same character.

tl;dr You're all actually agreeing here.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I feel like Lev Lainur Flauros is a meaningfully distinct character from Goetia if only because he differs in personality and actions as far as what's been shown on-screen. Flauros is part of Geotia, yes, but Goetia is also the other 71 demons - and each one we saw in EOR was itself distinct in personality and actions! Flauros is Goetia and Zepar is Goetia, but Flauros is not Zepar.

Like, Goetia's whole schtick was that to some degree he was a mirror that reflected the person talking to him. That's not really the case for Lev, who had a whole human alter-ego/split personality going on and was more of a personal villain than Solomon's impersonal one.

Not that it matters, though, because we all know that his ascensions are going to be Romani->Solomon->SSJ Solomon with the dumb tophat nowhere in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    But Lev in the FGO timeline is not a person with free will, he's a human fleshsuit for Flauros, a demon who was part of the Goetia hivemind during the times he was relevant to the story (both on-screen and in backstory). Flauros having survived like other 5 Goetia demons did makes more sense that the hivemind formula having survived the loss of its 72 demons and still retaining its personality without its components, but people will still say the Chaldean is Goetia because Lev, Flauros and Goetia are functionally the same character.

tl;dr You're all actually agreeing here.
    I kinda considered that possibility. I feel like there are a lot of hints that it could be Lev:

-Appears in the new OP; hugging Roman, at that.
    -Had a extended cameo in Babylonia episode 0.
    -Had a big role in Moonlight/Lostroom, had a question for Olga Marie that seems important for the resolution of the story. Before leaving the room, he said he was going to be very busy from now on.
    -Olga Marie and the Crypters are the main victims of his sabotage.

But the narrator for PV 2 was clearly Goetia, and it feels like something he would say right before the final chapter or battle. If I had to make a more specific theory or prediction, I'd say Person of Chaldea is Lev/Flauros, and he will help Guda and Mashu save Olga Marie (as long as she has the right answer for his question, at least). That will finally put an end to his lingering regrets and he will finally rejoin Goetia. Then Goetia will be able to pass on to Nirvana like he stated in the PV.
    Last edited by rocohanda; November 24th, 2020 at 03:31 PM.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocohanda View Post
    -Appears in the new OP; hugging Roman, at that.
    it's just shoulder pat

i watched the op so many times, but had to look back, because i didn't remember that
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Blog Entries
    Christ, I just realized it's been six months since we got the new OP.

Also, if we consider the Van Gogh event as the 4.5 event and we get HRM this year, it'll have taken us an entire year to get through LB5 in its entirety.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rocohanda View Post
    But the narrator for PV 2 was clearly Goetia
    Dunno, the mocking tone overal of the person speaking and specially when calling the MC the evil one in this situation kinda sounds what Flauros (among the 72) would say
    But at the end, like Comun said above, Flauros and Goetia are basically the same character with how blurry the distinction between them is so...

Which btw, when Goetia started collapsing and there were mentions of Demon Gods siding with the HS against the others, Demon Gods still fighting, Demon Gods that cease functions, etc. Did we got a mention on what was Flauros position amidst that chaos or was he conveniently excluded from the narration? Could be added to the clues that it's him on Roman's body if he decided at that time to go and retrieve whatever was left of Roman's body and then flee

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Dunno, the mocking tone overal of the person speaking and specially when calling the MC the evil one in this situation kinda sounds what Flauros (among the 72) would say
    But at the end, like Comun said above, Flauros and Goetia are basically the same character with how blurry the distinction between them is so...

Which btw, when Goetia started collapsing and there were mentions of Demon Gods siding with the HS against the others, Demon Gods still fighting, Demon Gods that cease functions, etc. Did we got a mention on what was Flauros position amidst that chaos or was he conveniently excluded from the narration? Could be added to the clues that it's him on Roman's body if he decided at that time to go and retrieve whatever was left of Roman's body and then flee
    He wasn't mentioned. But yeah, it could be Flauros. I'm just saying that it sounds like something whoever it is would say right after he has played his part and feels ready to go to the "other side", leaving the rest in Ritsuka's hands.
    Last edited by rocohanda; November 24th, 2020 at 05:01 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Flauros was the final pillar to shut down on-site while Goetia was having its meltdown.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Side talk 2

Gilles claiming that Francesca says outer space isn't real has really interesting implications, considering Francesca's goal is to get a miniature of the world to "expose the truth" as much as possible. On Francesca's side, it finally starts to connect her goals to her Spellbook backstory, and on Marisbilly's side, it starts to connect his plan of creating fictional worlds with his status as Lord of Astrology.