Page 3450 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2450295033503400344034453448344934503451345234553460350035503950 ... LastLast
Results 68,981 to 69,000 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    The whole prophecy thing sounds suspicious too. Feel like Oberon is trying to make it self-fulfilled by placing in people of his choice into the role.

US Friend Code
    God I really like Castoria.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    The whole prophecy thing sounds suspicious too. Feel like Oberon is trying to make it self-fulfilled by placing in people of his choice into the role.
    While reading about Oberon, I found this about Christoph Martin Wieland's epic poem Oberon:
    Commanded to go to the Pope at Rome before consummating marriage with the kalif's daughter, Huon yields to temptation and the couple are thrown on a desert isle by Oberon, who had deserted his Titania with the vow never to return to her unless a human couple should be found who were absolutely faithful, since she had championed the faithless girl wife of an aged dotard. About the invented quarrel of Oberon and his queen, Titania, is centred the whole conception of Wieland's poem.
    And it make me thought, what if Oberon is trying to test Guda and Mash (while also trying to get Artoria to fulfil the prophecy) so in that way Titania could be summoned?
    Mash and Guda reuniting after many adversities could allow the summoning of Titania so she and Oberon can reunite as well

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Man, I loved that moment between Guda and Mash, even if it toppled the prophecy and shot Castoria's self-esteem even more. I could here Mash's theme from First Order playing in my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    What I've thought all along. Then again, he didn't come up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

So the calamity has those deer horn-like things and its name is six characters long, so I'm feeling pretty safe to bet that it's Cernunnos (ケルヌンノス). Also, about the theory that the calamity is one of the three Velber "siblings", this new translation brings to light that it corrupts the mind. This matches with what we know about the other two, Altera/Sefar corrupts the body (animals became monsters during her attack) and the Little Sister/Prototype of the Goddess of Vengeance (from Gilgamesh's side story in Extella) corrupts the soul. Also, his second form is tree-like, and the mural from Extella Link has a tree-like monster.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TamamoRoute View Post
    So the calamity has those deer horn-like things and its name is six characters long, so I'm feeling pretty safe to bet that it's Cernunnos (ケルヌンノス). Also, about the theory that the calamity is one of the three Velber "siblings", this new translation brings to light that it corrupts the mind. This matches with what we know about the other two, Altera/Sefar corrupts the body (animals became monsters during her attack) and the Little Sister/Prototype of the Goddess of Vengeance (from Gilgamesh's side story in Extella) corrupts the soul. Also, his second form is tree-like, and the mural from Extella Link has a tree-like monster.
    I saw some people guess ケルヌンノス as well, it seems like a safe bet (mostly due to SMT). Not entirely certain on the Velber connections but it's not impossible.

But Cernunnos isnt that used.... In post 2000s SMT. Dunno if he was more popular back in the 80 90s...

Now i wonder if I that other artist is Kazuma Kaneko

US Friend Code
    I agree the horns and character amount matches, but what would the basis be for Cernunnos being some ancient evil entity beneath Britain?

JP Friend Code
    I doubt we'll see any relevant development for the Velber Three outside of Extella.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    But Cernunnos isnt that used.... In post 2000s SMT. Dunno if he was more popular back in the 80 90s...

Now i wonder if I that other artist is Kazuma Kaneko
    Do we know what SMT Nasu takes inspiration from? Oberons wings are almost exactly like SMT Oberons, and what Nasu decided to name the Whore of Babylon, and some other stuff show he's clearly a SMT fan- just not sure which one is the big influence for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    While reading about Oberon, I found this about Christoph Martin Wieland's epic poem Oberon:

And it make me thought, what if Oberon is trying to test Guda and Mash (while also trying to get Artoria to fulfil the prophecy) so in that way Titania could be summoned?
    Mash and Guda reuniting after many adversities could allow the summoning of Titania so she and Oberon can reunite as well
    Not to sure on this. Before we reach Norwich and actually have a chance to interact with Mashu, Oberon is pretty insistent when talking directly to Gudao that they should let go off Mashu, and he's insistent on following the prophecy until the very end, so sure it could be that kind of "I did everything in my power to keep you away from her just to prove your faith in her" but he seems to genuine when he says that he thinks it's for the best that you let her go (presumably in part because it makes the prophecy easier to fulfill).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Not to sure on this. Before we reach Norwich and actually have a chance to interact with Mashu, Oberon is pretty insistent when talking directly to Gudao that they should let go off Mashu, and he's insistent on following the prophecy until the very end, so sure it could be that kind of "I did everything in my power to keep you away from her just to prove your faith in her" but he seems to genuine when he says that he thinks it's for the best that you let her go (presumably in part because it makes the prophecy easier to fulfill).
    He seemed pretty intent on finding her at first though didn't he? I mean that's the entire reason we go to Glouceseter after all. I don't think he really cared until Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Gudao, or rather Gudao's command spells, implies to me that the only "ammo" needed to fire the black barrel is a huge amount of magical energy (since that's what our CS are). Earlier in the chapter they explain that fairies have a lot of magical energy and all, so it wouldn't be weird that they can just go ahead and fire it on their own without any external help. On top of that Bogard does grow weaker as he fires it more and more. What I'm more interested about is that, unless I'm misremembering, in Olympus the black barrel worked as a conceptual weapon against the machine gods specifically because it was made/calibrated using machine god parts from Atlantis, so that also implies to me that it shouldn't work on anything else without recalibrating first, so perhaps what Bogard used was literally just a magical energy supercannon, rather than any conceptual traits actually being attached.

If you ask me, its just Sion's Arc Drive

Sion uses this Barrel Replica in her Arc Drive, but it seems that she isn’t utilizing its original function.

So it's just a beam ain't it?

The question is, can you also use the actual real black barrel as a beam too, or is it just a replica function because Sion wants to be a simple ape sometimes?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I agree the horns and character amount matches, but what would the basis be for Cernunnos being some ancient evil entity beneath Britain?
    Britain probably had the 'last form' of Cernunnos, Herne the Hunter who haunts Windsor forest.

Of course, here he is in the coast off of Norwich instead of Windsor...

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    If you ask me, its just Sion's Arc Drive

So it's just a beam ain't it?

The question is, can you also use the actual real black barrel as a beam too, or is it just a replica function because Sion wants to be a simple ape sometimes?
    Well there we go then
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Do we know anything about the abilities of the fairy Lancelot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    She can fly, shoot lasers, and I think she's considered the strongest by most fae? But also it's said if one knight falls Knocknarea can invade pretty easily. There's not really much more that I remember.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Clearly, that part about Knocknarea being able to invade if one knight falls is setting up Queen Mab/Medb getting involved after Chaldea inevitably offs one of the Fairy Knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo845 View Post
    Do we know anything about the abilities of the fairy Lancelot?
    Her NP is Innocence Arondight, which involves her protruding two Arondights from her gauntlets. Unlike the other Fae Knights, she's the only one who has the actual weapon(s) of a KORT. It makes sense if she is the original owner and maker who bestowed it to Lancelot, since she could make another.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, given how strong Fae Lancelot was considering she beat Muramasa, it could be either Barghest or Sith first who fall in-story with Muramasa's aid.