Page 3486 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 248629863386343634763481348434853486348734883491349635363586 ... LastLast
Results 69,701 to 69,720 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Arjuna didn't do any time loop.
    Arjuna kept resetting the world, which was close enough

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    also I still feel hollow after reading LB6, woodwose is way too good of a character for a NPC, for a damn never ever servant. this sucks. probably my favorite NPC in any fgo story chapter.
    What's up with Woody

And more importantly, who's left to fight against by the end of the chapter? Muryan? Mab?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; July 15th, 2021 at 06:31 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    Not surprised it's Cernunnos, but knowing it's him still leaves open a ton of speculation. In Gaulish mythology, Cernunnos is a title for an unspecified horned god. Based on the Roman interpretation, it's probably the Celtic god of nature (more like the wilderness, to be accurate) and/or the underworld. There's a couple of figures theorized to be Cernunnos, but it's unclear enough that Nasu could do pretty much whatever he wants with it. Personally, I'm wondering if he's a Beast or just a plain ol' powerful god. The "horned god" motif fits well with a Beast, and gods can of course be Beast candidates, but he doesn't have to be a Beast to be a tough obstacle for Chaldea to overcome.

Tinfoil hat? He's a Beast IV candidate, or perhaps somehow related to Primate Murder. I could be totally off-base, though.
    Honestly this makes sense to me. In mimicking human society and behaviours, Inardvertently the fairies could end creating their own version of a beast, an "evil of fairykind". By advancing civilization(and its vices) and rejecting their original standing as spirits of nature, the fairies may have ended up incurring the wrath of Cernunnos. The conflict and competition between the clans and Morgan's tyranny over millennia could end up fueling his growth and incubation into Beast IV. It would also explain why Fou was afraid of coming into the Lostbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Arjuna kept resetting the world, which was close enough
    Arjuna did not reset the world. He destroyed It and then he recreated a modified copy of It, removing what he seems as a defect. There was no reset at all.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    What do we know so far about Cernunnos in a Fate context, beyond an ancient evil awakens?
    The translation is pretty wonky since the guy who posted it on /fgog/ used MTL, but he apparently created britain, after the first 6 great fairies asked him to do it.
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...6292971376.png
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...6293432904.png

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Yes that's correct, its implied Cernunnos is the south of Britain and Albion is the "Earth" of the North

JP Friend Code
    Yes that's correct, its implied Cernunnos is the south of Britain and Albion is the "Earth" of the North
    So is Albion Scotland or northern England?

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    So is Albion Scotland or northern England?
    Queen Mab had his blessing and the Northern Fairies live there. So Lake District + Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by A Lore Theorist View Post
    Plz no, we have all likely been low key curious what the White Beast of Gaia looks like in it's full unrestrained prowess, with how much it has been hinted at, it's ability to rival that of Type-Mercury in well "Large Depopulation Force", it's like all things are leading up both by the beast numerical order in fully manifesting and all that jazz, I want to be truly intimidated by it, as well all the prior Beasts have been, they all nailed the intimidation factor and a mountain to climb over each time in their own right. Again think of likely a bigger, scarier, and more vicious Hessien Lobo, but like NO obvious weak point
    Spoiler:

And out of all the Beasts, I find the Beast of Gaia to be especially terrifying, because there is no "intelligence" with him, there is no communicating with him, there is only pure and unaltered instinct which involves mass depopulation of people. So I can only imagine the terrifying gaze that will be directed at us.
    I mean more the shoving of Gransurg because I care about him. I don’t care about an overgrown Fou, although I would care about Altrouge.

as far as power level things go it was kind of implied that Gransurg and Merem could beat up Primate Murder and the two knights together hence the shitpost.

if anything PM was nerfed heavily from the days of him being in mats because all you need is 7 grands to fight him instead of 7 super counter guardians too…

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean more the shoving of Gransurg because I care about him. I don’t care about an overgrown Fou, although I would care about Altrouge.

as far as power level things go it was kind of implied that Gransurg and Merem could beat up Primate Murder and the two knights together hence the shitpost.

if anything PM was nerfed heavily from the days of him being in mats because all you need is 7 grands to fight him instead of 7 super counter guardians too…
    Seven GRANDS?! NANI?! That doesn't sound like much a nerf to me.

JP Friend Code
    Queen Mab had his blessing and the Northern Fairies live there. So Lake District + Scotland.
    Scotland's a dragon, England is a god, and Greece is... robot-spaceship-god wreckage

I'm sure on Lostbelt 7 we'll learn Latin America was the meteor that brought the Aztec virus-gods

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Scotland's a dragon, England is a god, and Greece is... robot-spaceship-god wreckage

I'm sure on Lostbelt 7 we'll learn Latin America was the meteor that brought the Aztec virus-gods
    This is LB only, its implied Sefar wiped out the world and they became the earth, this definitely isn't the case in PHH.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

It just says Counter Guardians were needed:
    Q: Who would be stronger if Servants fought the 27 Ancestors? Servant's also have superhuman battle ability, but the 27 Ancestors are also superhuman monsters.... I got the impression that ORT, Primate Murder, Altrouge Brunestud, and so on were obviously stronger than Servants.

A: All I can is they're both powerful.... They're both beings that live in mystery, so the only thing that can be said is that it all depends on the situation the moment it comes done to ""having the means of killing the other guy somehow". Among those, Earth rules won't even apply to ORT in the first place and Primate Murder has the super advantage against primates so they're in a league of their own, I suppose. Speaking of which, for one Primate Murder, seven Guardians would be the appropriate amount.
    Q: About the power comparison between Arc and Servants, would the Arc being compared be the 30% one or the full one?

A: That would be the 30% Arc. It takes 7 Counter Guardians to control the Primate Murder and the Servants of the Grail War are based on these.
    I really wonder if they were that powerful compared to Grands?

JP Friend Code
    This is LB only, its implied Sefar wiped out the world and they became the earth, this definitely isn't the case in PHH.
    Wait, so is that the reason for the 12000 BC date?

So Atlantis/Olympus is what could happen if the Greek pantheon defeated Sefar early, and Britain what could happen if no one stopped Sefar...

US Friend Code
    Would they really have Sefar as the branching point for two different Lostbelts? I know her attack was a big event, but I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Still if this is Lostbelt only, then I guess my theory of Cernunnos being the source of the black mana Morgan and Uther used is probably out the window.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Unless there's an event BEFORE Sefar that causes her to win, probably lol. There's no way it's 500AD because it's never mentioned Morgan or Tonelico go back farther than when they were born.... Granted they don't say sefar but uh a "shooting star" passes and everything becomes water.

US Friend Code
    Oh then yeah that's Sefar

- - - Updated - - -

The single event that caused the divergence is probably Excalibur was never forged. Since this is the Britain LB.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Yep that's my guess too, and it gives my huge meme from a few months ago a chance to be true;
    >Muramasa forges excalibur
    if this happens I will laugh so fucking hard

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Koyanskaya : (Angry shrieking)
    What a loss, I cant believe one of the tails I raised up was destroyed
    One Irregular Zone for One Tail, when 9 tails are reached etc.
    My plan was go around each Lostbelt which have their own unique characteristics and become an even greater being than the Heavenly Fox
    That it should be ruined by the 6th...
    Well, even if I give up now-
    Come to think of it there were only 7 lostbelts, so I was missing 2 from the beginning!
    womp womp

(donno if this is legit, but it's hilarious if it is)

- - - Updated - - -

Time loops?
    There is time travel in LB4: Ash sends Jinako and Lakshmi into the past. Literally the same as what happens to Mash in LB6, sent back in time, waits around in stasis until they're back in the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Thats a MTL but yes Koya didn't pass first grade math.

JP Friend Code
    Fox can't math

I mean we had imaginary scramble and douman's world so she coulda grabbed a cthulu and a japanese something or other