Page 3508 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 250830083408345834983503350635073508350935103513351835583608 ... LastLast
Results 70,141 to 70,160 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Also Independent Manifestation

Any takers on why the walls of Camelot/ the main gate has "only the pure/sinless may pass" scribbled out? Do you think its cuz fairies are bastards? Or did Merlin sneak into the city long ago and he's being cheeky about it?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Is there an actual difference between LB Merlin and PHH Merlin? Since Merlin is trapped on Avalon, which seemingly ignores human history, would he even be affected by the bleaching or by the layering of a Lostbelt?
    That's why I'm not sure. We already have evidence of Avalon not caring about timelines with Bedivere's whole thing in Camelot.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So...Salome is totally going to be on LB7 with her Crystal skulls, right? Right?!?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Just to continue from my previous post, I found this, which kinda fits with the whole thing about revenge from Muryan I guess:

https://www.ireland-information.com/...sh-legend.html

Though my knowledge of irish mythology is zero, so I really can't say anything more about this. Maybe someone here is familiar with Irish mythology to say something about this.
    Anyone who's talking about an Irish goddess of anything is trying to sell you a bridge. We have absolutely zero evidence of which of the legendary figures in the Irish sagas may or may not have been actively worshipped in a pre-Christian Ireland, or even where they would have been worshipped if they were, because we have no evidence that they would have had a 'unified' set of gods as opposed to regional gods for different cultural groups. They're legendary figures from a corpus of sagas created ~500 years after active conversion began and borrow heavily from Classical influences and medieval understandings of 'paganism.'

In this case they look to be talking about a sovereignty goddess, which is a literary motif from the sagas of a woman who marries a powerful king (sometimes in the guise of a crone) in order to secure his reign, and those often have motifs of good fortune and harvests and whatnot, but they're purely a literary device made up for a particular story.

Glad I asked then, I didn't want to risk anything because I have no idea about Irish myths.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    So...Salome is totally going to be on LB7 with her Crystal skulls, right? Right?!?
    Seems like it. Though I wish she were in LB6 with her stepfather.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Sorry, I can only only answer this one.

Mash was transported back in time by accident. Morgan had prepared a large-scale spell called Water Mirror in order to banish the Calamity of Norwich. But unknown to her, the Calamity had already been beaten by Guda and co. The spell was then deployed toward their direction, which Mash tried to tank.
    Wait, why did she think sending the calamity back in time would've been a good idea? Seems like that would just make it worse. Also couldn't she just use that on chunni-boy and have him fight himself or whatever and see if that fixes things?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I assume it's LB Merlin though strictly speaking I guess we technically don't know.

Besides Artoria mentioning that he's taught her in her dreams I don't think he's shown up yet. This is what Morgan says in My Room though (from here):

I'm not sure if she's talking about Lostbelt or PHH with this either considering she does have PHH Morgan's memories.
    Hmmm, it does feel like if he was in the Lostbelt, someone else would've inherited his role by now. Unless maybe that's what Morgan means by killing him multiple times.

Another question that I feel was probably answered, but how does Percy have the Lance of Longinus when it seems like there wasn't any Jesus in this world? Not to mention how different it looks to Longinus' version. Also is any extra info given about it such as if it's good at pointing out messiahs at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    I heard that Castoria never met Merlin but he taught her through telepathy. Is this LB Merlin or normal Merlin, and if it's LB Merlin, do we know what his story is?
    His story, as far as we know, is exactly the same as in PHH. We don't know which one it is but it makes no practical difference in the end.

Any sign of the Red Dragon or what it really was given it seems like it was supposed to be Albion's equal?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Who transported Mash back in time and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Mash was transported back in time by accident. Morgan had prepared a large-scale spell called Water Mirror in order to banish the Calamity of Norwich. But unknown to her, the Calamity had already been beaten by Guda and co. The spell was then deployed toward their direction, which Mash tried to tank.
    Morgan used her Water Mirror, yes, but I'm leaning more towards it not really being an "accident". In the first place, the Water Mirror is specifically used for getting rid of the Calamities (and we know Morgan's plan involved sending the Calamities back in time). The fact that she was preparing to cast it (the "large-scale magecraft" they talk about very early in the chapter) also indicates that she fully intended to use it. However, what's interesting here is that she had already declared that she would abandon Norwich, and this would make sense if you think that she means it in the sense that she'll let Norwich be destroyed, and then send the Calamity away. However, it's weird of her to do that, because it's playing right into Ainsel's prophecy. If she knows the prophecy, and every other time has just sent the Calamity away immediately, why wouldn't she do so this time as well instead of playing into the prophecy that says she'll lose?

And the reason, I think, is because the FC -> QC has to act as one big stable loop, even though the FC consists of multiple smaller loops. This explains why the First Fairy Knight existed in Orkney even before Mashu was sent back in time, since it would have to mean that she also existed in the 2nd loop (the one where Tonelico initially established the QC) but we know she didn't obviously, which means it has to be a stable loop of "Mashu always went back in time and that's why she's there". In that sense, it makes sense that Morgan would be preparing to use the mirror even if she didn't give a shit about Norwich or the Calamity, and for her to play right into the prophecy (though it was changed slightly because of Mashu), because she has to send Mashu back in time, so she waits for Mashu to repel the Calamity and then hits her with the mirror so that the loop remains stable.

[QUOTE=Arete;3129779]Wait, why did she think sending the calamity back in time would've been a good idea? Seems like that would just make it worse. Also couldn't she just use that on chunni-boy and have him fight himself or whatever and see if that fixes things?
    I don't think it was ever explained how sending the Calamities back is supposed to be part of her plan, other than somehow like increasing her energy reserves, I think. Though I might have missed or forgot about this.

Hmmm, it does feel like if he was in the Lostbelt, someone else would've inherited his role by now. Unless maybe that's what Morgan means by killing him multiple times.
    Merlin is neither a fairy (neither primordial or revived by Morgan) nor an LB human, and if he was stuck in Avalon then he'd be unaffected by the world-wiping Calamities and all, so there's no reason why he would follow the fairy-rules of this world.

Another question that I feel was probably answered, but how does Percy have the Lance of Longinus when it seems like there wasn't any Jesus in this world? Not to mention how different it looks to Longinus' version. Also is any extra info given about it such as if it's good at pointing out messiahs at all?
    The "holy lance" that Percy has in the LB is not Longinus per se (this is more apparent by the fact that in the in-game "cutscene" he doesn't name it as such), but it's the "spear of selection" which Tonelico arrived to Britain with (just like how Artoria has the Staff of Selection), but it became distorted and no longer has the property of "selection", so now it's just a holy lance which judges sinners and is dangerous against fairies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Between Morgan's role in Olympus and Mash getting sent back in time, we practically have a running gag of Morgan shooting her special magecraft on the wrong thing.

The goof-up-at-the-worst-time trait, a Nasu classic

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I assume it's LB Merlin though strictly speaking I guess we technically don't know.

Besides Artoria mentioning that he's taught her in her dreams I don't think he's shown up yet. This is what Morgan says in My Room though (from here):

I'm not sure if she's talking about Lostbelt or PHH with this either considering she does have PHH Morgan's memories.
    Considering that PHH Merlin regretted what happened with his Artoria, would he really basically repeat the same thing with this one? Speaking of which, did we ever hear who exactly gave Castoria the Arturia name? Was it Merlin?

Quote Originally Posted by Castellan View Post
    In this case they look to be talking about a sovereignty goddess, which is a literary motif from the sagas of a woman who marries a powerful king (sometimes in the guise of a crone) in order to secure his reign, and those often have motifs of good fortune and harvests and whatnot, but they're purely a literary device made up for a particular story.
    I believe I had read somewhere that the loathly lady trope was something based off old tales of sovereignty goddesses.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I don't think it was ever explained how sending the Calamities back is supposed to be part of her plan, other than somehow like increasing her energy reserves, I think. Though I might have missed or forgot about this.
    I'm reminded of the fight between Touko and Aoko in Mahoyo and what Touko said about the issues of sending energy back or forward in time. I wonder if that is what Morgan is aiming for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    The goof-up-at-the-worst-time trait, a Nasu classic
    Somewhere, Rin's ears are ringing.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    My best guess would be that she’s abusing the nature of the time loop to make herself conceptually stronger. If the Calamity gains power over time (an assumption I’m making), she would possibly need to be stronger to send it back/defeat it after the “first loop” (assuming it’s somewhat cyclical), and in order to preserve the stability of the time loop, she would simply get a power-up. But who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Between Morgan's role in Olympus and Mash getting sent back in time, we practically have a running gag of Morgan shooting her special magecraft on the wrong thing.
    Or a gag of “Morgan pretends to shoot it at the wrong thing, but was actually intending to hit that ‘wrong thing’ all along and was simply lying”

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Morgan used her Water Mirror, yes, but I'm leaning more towards it not really being an "accident". In the first place, the Water Mirror is specifically used for getting rid of the Calamities (and we know Morgan's plan involved sending the Calamities back in time). The fact that she was preparing to cast it (the "large-scale magecraft" they talk about very early in the chapter) also indicates that she fully intended to use it. However, what's interesting here is that she had already declared that she would abandon Norwich, and this would make sense if you think that she means it in the sense that she'll let Norwich be destroyed, and then send the Calamity away. However, it's weird of her to do that, because it's playing right into Ainsel's prophecy. If she knows the prophecy, and every other time has just sent the Calamity away immediately, why wouldn't she do so this time as well instead of playing into the prophecy that says she'll lose?

And the reason, I think, is because the FC -> QC has to act as one big stable loop, even though the FC consists of multiple smaller loops. This explains why the First Fairy Knight existed in Orkney even before Mashu was sent back in time, since it would have to mean that she also existed in the 2nd loop (the one where Tonelico initially established the QC) but we know she didn't obviously, which means it has to be a stable loop of "Mashu always went back in time and that's why she's there". In that sense, it makes sense that Morgan would be preparing to use the mirror even if she didn't give a shit about Norwich or the Calamity, and for her to play right into the prophecy (though it was changed slightly because of Mashu), because she has to send Mashu back in time, so she waits for Mashu to repel the Calamity and then hits her with the mirror so that the loop remains stable.
    Thanks for the detailed answer! Makes sense that we'd be getting some weird time stuff in the British LB. We thought it was an isekai but it was really Dr. Who all along.

By the sounds of it though, Tonelico was lying when she says she would forget Mash then. Though I suppose that was probably just a cover story so she doesn't ask questions later.

Reminds me, what became of Mash's title of Knight of Apocalypse? Was it explained why she had it?

And is there supposed to be someone in that world to represent each of the KotR or just a select few? Presumably this is the first time they've had Galahad in their mix.

And I have to wonder at what point she went back in time the second time. It doesn't seem like it could have been after we arrived, since we'd be caught up in that (or maybe that's the twist). But then if it was before Mash got sent back in time, but after she'd arrived, that'd really complicate things.

Merlin is neither a fairy (neither primordial or revived by Morgan) nor an LB human, and if he was stuck in Avalon then he'd be unaffected by the world-wiping Calamities and all, so there's no reason why he would follow the fairy-rules of this world.
    What is the origin of Demons (as in the race) anyway? Aren't they a type of elemental?

The "holy lance" that Percy has in the LB is not Longinus per se (this is more apparent by the fact that in the in-game "cutscene" he doesn't name it as such), but it's the "spear of selection" which Tonelico arrived to Britain with (just like how Artoria has the Staff of Selection), but it became distorted and no longer has the property of "selection", so now it's just a holy lance which judges sinners and is dangerous against fairies.
    Staff of selection, sword of selection, spear of selection... probably end up with teacup of selection at this point. But what did it select exactly?

And I presume my guess that 'original product' = 'original species' is just a wild guess then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    I'm reminded of the fight between Touko and Aoko in Mahoyo and what Touko said about the issues of sending energy back or forward in time. I wonder if that is what Morgan is aiming for?
    Funny that you mention that, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl, Ch 14.5
    まさか『厄災』を大昔にスッ飛ばして、 負債を“過去”に押しつけていたとはなぁ!
    And nobody would have thought she would dispatch the Calamity to so long ago, and push her debt into the "past"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    because she has a pseudo-QTL she can send calamities back and theyll just get "pruned". The past doesn't change anymore because there's no tree to facilitate that past I think.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    How did Gareth make Woody beatable? Did she break armor given to him by Morgan or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Pretty sure it was Percy that made Woodwose vulnerable, Gareth just blocked the Bad End we were about to get

US Friend Code
    ha Percival named his horse Kundry. I wonder if that's true for PHH too.

As far as adapting Lostbelts as an anime.

I think you can adapt LB5 into a 20 or 24 episode thing tbh.

The actual relevant content isn't as much as you'd think in my opinion. There's always filler and expansion potential that they would add, but whether that's a thing they should add and something that'd make it a better adaption or not is another matter.

Adapting fgo stuff is hard because there's a bit of a lack of meat on the bones if you catch my drift. The skeleton is there, the blueprints are there, but it's missing some stuff because of its format.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally think every LB can be adapted, either as an anime series or a movie series depending on length and budget. I think FGO as a mobage simultaneously has too much content for a screen format and too little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself