Page 3577 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 257730773477352735673572357535763577357835793582358736273677 ... LastLast
Results 71,521 to 71,540 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So the Holy Sword is of a similar substance to but is not the same as Excalibur? And Excalibur was the Holy Sword in PHH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    When in reference to the six fairies and forging it, it's always about the "holy sword" same with in extella, but extella its heavily pushed its Excalibur. Same here sorta? It's never actually said in the LB the sword the six fae were supposed to forge was Excalibur, just a holy sword. However when Caster is "forged" she regrets not being able to give us excalibur but it's also forged with her "self" and her "memories" so it could be they create a sword that reflects themself. Also she does shoot excalibur rounds at cerny soooo maybe? It's the thing of Nasu still doesn't want to outright say the Holy Sword they forged was Excalibur, just heavily imply it.

So she resummoned herself as the Sword after she sacrifices herself after Muramasa sacrifices himself to forge the Sword?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I almost feel bad for Spriggan not being able to go home. Still, who was he talking to? Clearly it isn't Aurora...

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So the Holy Sword is of a similar substance to but is not the same as Excalibur? And Excalibur was the Holy Sword in PHH?
    During the conversation with Merlin, Mashu outright called it Excalibur and Merlin also nodded that Excalibur wasn't made in the LB timeline was what led to the divergence. As for whether it is Artoria's Excalibur or Arthur's Proto Excalibur, we don't know. Arthur's interlude called him "the current era's holy sword wielder", so it might be implying there was another user of Proto Excalibur in an older era before him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    It's kinda weird how it's called the Last Phantasm when it's like 14k year old.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    During the conversation with Merlin, Mashu outright called it Excalibur and Merlin also nodded that Excalibur wasn't made in the LB timeline was what led to the divergence. As for whether it is Artoria's Excalibur or Arthur's Proto Excalibur, we don't know. Arthur's interlude called him "the current era's holy sword wielder", so it might be implying there was another user of Proto Excalibur in an older era before him.
    Wasn't that Mash just talking about an example of a holy sword there?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Wasn't that Mash just talking about an example of a holy sword there?
    It feels more complex than that IMO. She ended the line of "Holy Sword Excalibur being the most extreme one" with "that was created in Britain". You then given 2 options to follow up with either saying "Excalibur was not created?" which Merlin will answer yes. Or you can ask "But Arondight and Galatine exist here" in which Muramasa said those are fakes (Galatine being Barghest's horn and Arondight is just Melusine's mana) and then it also continues to the Merlin part.

So the weapon that killed Sefar is basically something classified as a holy sword, created within the planet's inner sea by the fairies, that much is true. And in the context of Britain (the LB britain in particular) it is known as Excalibur since Merlin answers yes to the MC. But it also left the MC's other question about Galatine and Arondight (both being Holy swords as well, with Galatine being Excalibur's sister sword and also crafted in the exact same way). Does that means any "holy sword" that was created by Avalon fairies can blast Sefar? Or you need "the most extreme one" aka Excalibur specifically. It seems to me that it's just Excalibur but in 12000 BC nobody called it Excalibur, and only when it reappears in Britain and used by king Arthur that it is known by that name.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    That's a fair take on it, I selected the other option so I didn't really think about it too much.

I mean, in the end they are all cribbing their homework from Ares's lolipop.

Wait, does that mean the 6 Fairies actually sacrificed themselves in PHH to forge the Holy Sword or not?

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    In PHH they did yes, that was never put under question, that's the very reason this is a lostbelt after all. No six fae forging holy sword -> no sefar defeated. Morgan couldn't effect something this far back so this has to be PHH.

My question was if they had to actually sacrifice their bodies/lives to do it, which considering how the Avalon le Fae had to ring the bells, aka their crystallized bodies, before doing so, I'm assuming the answer is yes.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I literally can not read and I'm stubborn. Sorry lmao. It's never really elaborated on iirc? but I'd assume so

No worries. Still, this makes the creation of other Holy Swords like Galatine and Arondight a bit mysterious, unless those 6 Fairies got replaced in Avalon by different fairies. Also, if they became the sword, did Artoria have Bedivere throw Excalibur into the lake so different fairies could take it back?

Also, if they became the sword, did Artoria have Bedivere throw Excalibur into the lake so different fairies could take it back?
    Bedivere returned Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake, that's how it went on the myth and it's leave unchanged on Bedivere's profile. The only difference is that now we know that Viviane = Morgan, so Bedivere technically returned Excalibur to Morgan

Oh, right.

JP Friend Code
    My question was if they had to actually sacrifice their bodies/lives to do it, which considering how the Avalon le Fae had to ring the bells, aka their crystallized bodies, before doing so, I'm assuming the answer is yes.
    Well the whole ringing bell is not a thing in PHH, so we don't know. Plus, Excalibur was supposed to be forged by 6, so who knows if it was because that only Artoria was doing it that she will have to burn herself. An evidence for that is Muramasa was the only sacrifice needed, he is burnt by the flames instead of Artoria.

The materials to create the holy sword is "the state of humans of that era" anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Well the whole ringing bell is not a thing in PHH, so we don't know. Plus, Excalibur was supposed to be forged by 6, so who knows if it was because that only Artoria was doing it that she will have to burn herself. An evidence for that is Muramasa was the only sacrifice needed, he is burnt by the flames instead of Artoria.

The materials to create the holy sword is "the state of humans of that era" anyways.
    Interesting. What is meant by "the state of humans of that era"? Would that mean the ancient user was required as a sort of catalyst to forge the sword back in PHH?