Page 3599 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 259930993499354935893594359735983599360036013604360936493699 ... LastLast
Results 71,961 to 71,980 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    an extremely random pair of partners if there ever was one
    Indeed, I mean Percival makes perfect sense, but Shuten?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    an extremely random pair of partners if there ever was one
    Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Indeed, I mean Percival makes perfect sense, but Shuten?
    Gareth wanted to ask Shutenn for advice on how to be more womanly like someone like Bradamante, but really Sakurai just likes cameoing her characters in other character's interludes. Not sure why she didn't just use Bradamante though, considering she's her writer.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Brad would probably be completely clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

And it might have something to do with Brad's own hero worship being uncomfortable for Gareth given the subject matter.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Gareth wanted to ask Shutenn for advice on how to be more womanly like someone like Bradamante, but really Sakurai just likes cameoing her characters in other character's interludes. Not sure why she didn't just use Bradamante though, considering she's her writer.
    It is a pretty weird choice for her to pick Shuten, of all people, to ask such advice from. Shame that Brad isn't directly involved here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    And it might have something to do with Brad's own hero worship being uncomfortable for Gareth given the subject matter.
    The thing is, in Gareth's case according to Interlude, Lancelot is both whom she worship and first love, whereas Brad's is just Hektor being her and Ruggiero's ancestor, and they're not even living in the same era. So there shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post

The thing is, in Gareth's case according to Interlude, Lancelot is both whom she worship and first love, whereas Brad's is just Hektor being her and Ruggiero's ancestor, and they're not even living in the same era. So there shouldn't be an issue.
    Yeah, but according to the summary, this feels more like a revelation that Gareth had during the interlude, (it might be something she knew for a while, but I can't really tell from the summary I was given). Don't get me wrong though, your point is fair, though I should point out that Brad's hero worship isn't exactly limited to Hektor.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Is the rest of it going to go up?
    I'm pretty sure they plan to and just haven't gotten around to it yeah

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What's Ibuki Douji's interlude about?
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stale jokes about Ibuki being horny for Fujimaru (and Kintoki, Mash, da Vinci, Raikou, Chiyome, etc., the hard-working people, as she calls them, but the target of the day is the Master) for the first half.

Second half is a flashback to Ibuki and Kintoki's first meeting. Kintoki had never met a human or oni before, so Ibuki notes he never ate a creature with the same shape as himself. She beats him in sumo and curses him into being unable to eat humans and onis. Good thing she was his first encounter. She never met him again in Ibuki form, but in she was in Shuten form, she recognized the boy and that's why she died in Mt. Ooe.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So Galatea's Interlude is about her trying to recreate the miracle in her myth, but this time the roles are reversed.

First, she had Schez retell her myth to children Servants(and Blackbeard) in order to rekindle her passion and love for Pygmalion, then she made a statue of him with those feelings so that it could come to life. She then asked Artemis' assistance, only for her to lament that in a Servant container she's not nearly as omnipotent as she was back as a goddess to reproduce Aphrodite's feat. But Galatea isn't discouraged, and says that failure is only natural, and she'll keep on trying.

In the end, she destroyed the statue for some reason. Kinda hard to tell why based on the MTL, other than she recalls fondly how the first time she felt when she came to life, feeling her heart beating together with Pygmalion's due to how close they were when it happened.

what are the guesses for daybits grand

i hear people think its either chinese or south american right?

Blog Entries
    I recall some people saying it might have been Tezca? Don't quote me on that but supposedly, the servant mentioned something connected to the practice of ritualistic sacrifice normally associated with the Aztecs during their brief appearence in Lostbelt 4. I might need to go back and check that.

I haven't heard anyone mention to me that they might be chinese though.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Tezcatlipoca or Chi You is what I tend to see.
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    When in India they referred to someone by their Chinese name at first

I think I suggested it might be Chi You?

Blog Entries
    So... we're gonna see a chinese demon god fighting Aztecs in the Amazon Forest?

I dunno whether to be impressed at all the set up it took to get to this point, or to bemoan the fact its happening on our door step and there's probably not gonna be a single South American servant present.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Referred to ruler of the underworld by their Chinese name, made some weird comments about eating and consuming. Pick whoever you think fits.

Blog Entries
    A grand level ruler of the underworld? I doubt DaVinci mistook a Divine Spirit with a Grand, but hard to say who might fit. I wouldnt be surprised if it is one of the divine hero twins who became some lord of the underworld after they played their game there
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    A grand level ruler of the underworld? I doubt DaVinci mistook a Divine Spirit with a Grand, but hard to say who might fit. I wouldnt be surprised if it is one of the divine hero twins who became some lord of the underworld after they played their game there
    'Whips out notebook'

Write that down! Write that down!

Who knows, even if its not true. Someone might still come up with a use for it~

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Not what I said. I meant when referring to the divinity bestowed upon Asclepius (Yama) he went:

ヤマ……夜摩天ねぇ

Which means he chose to refer to the hindu god by their japanese/chinese name instead, implying his origins lie there.