Page 3622 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 262231223522357236123617362036213622362336243627363236723722 ... LastLast
Results 72,421 to 72,440 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Why do people think there's going to be a literal traitor? I'm probably missing info from Lb6 or whatever but isn't this the same situation as Holmes suspecting Romani?

I fully expect the untrustworthy person, whoever it is, to not only be on our side but also that their secret will ultimately help us win.
    I think it's just the natural conclusion to the wording of it. Holmes was suspicious of Romani, but if it really came down to it (which it did), Romani was to be trusted with sensitive information (more so than him revealing everything back to us, which isn't relevant in this case either). "Romani/Goetia" specifically told us not to share sensitive information with this "someone not to be trusted". Unless "Romani/Goetia" want us to withhold that information for their own gain, the only reason why "a person not to be trusted" shouldn't be given sensitive information that could come back to bite you in the ass, is because it will be used to make sure it comes back and bite you in the ass. If it turns out whoever this person may be is just hiding some secret that ultimately isn't harmful to us and they'll just pull a Romani 2.0, then it wouldn't matter whether they're given this sensitive information or not.

I just see it as the explanation that requires way less mental gymnastics to make sense. Couple that with the insane amount of hints towards Holmes "bad" that we're getting (again, assuming that's not just red herrings because that requires MORE mental gymnastics to make sense), the idea is that Holmes will do anything in his power to protect PHH, and the fact that it's brought up the way it is almost implies that we (as Gudao) might end up putting that goal at risk in the very end, hence he'll have to betray us. That's about the simplest theory that's around atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Koyanskaya said she'll come back to finish what she started if we fail in lb7. Obviously this means she is going to come out of her egg and save us at the last moment, where we have giant koyanskaya mecha fight vs ORT. It's going to be kino. Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I don't know why y'all want Koyan to die so bad. Personally, so long as her threat is neutralized, I don't care. That, and I am sympathetic to the Life Zone and her goals there.
    This isn't a question I would expect from you tbh.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    This isn't a question I would expect from you tbh.
    My priorities have changed over the past year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Da Ji swore to curse Taigong forever, you call that a love?
    In a way, yeah.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Koyanskaya said she'll come back to finish what she started if we fail in lb7. Obviously this means she is going to come out of her egg and save us at the last moment, where we have giant koyanskaya mecha fight vs ORT. It's going to be kino. Trust me on this.
    Nah long ago Nasu said we need Ultraman to beat ORT. We already got Ultra Olgamarie. We're good.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Rocking what seems to be a somewhat unpopular opinion, hereabouts and elsewhere, but I actually liked this chapter and its conclusion. It's no LB6, but I didn't find myself wanting as a result of it.

I shall admit to a touch of bias for the romantic ideals of space traversal and colonization, the ethereal and indeterminacies of indefinitely eons-long cold sleep whilst waiting to arrive at that suitable new home ever-so far from hometown Earth.

Even putting the conclusion aside, the event didn't overstay its welcome. It was straightforward, concise, perhaps too concise, unless there're future plans for Taikoubou and Dobryny. But, even if there aren't, I can appreciate the restraint needed to leave some elements of the two Riders vague, like with the truth behind Dobrynya's deal. Good thing I don't have a real horse in that race, I wouldn't wanna look a gift white-haired cat girl in the mouth.

I'm super convinced that THE DOT 2.0/6.5??? will have absolutely nothing to do with what transpired in Tunguska. At least, until the possibility that I'm proven wrong by whatever comes of the upcoming 12.31 epilogue. Until then, the incident is seemingly resolved most cleanly.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, this is a fair criticism, but as it is I still found myself unambiguously satisfied with the outcome, even taking into account the compelling nature of the what-could-have-beens involving more Gordolfiness up in this story.
    I believe I can sympathize, somewhat, but Vitch isn't a traveller out into the great beyond. She's an exile.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

So in the end what's the connection between Amaterasu and Daji?

JP Friend Code
    Golden Fox.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Da Ji swore to curse Taigong forever, you call that a love?
    eternal hate is the closest thing to it, arguably equally powerful

US Friend Code
    I don't think traitor Holmes will be evil or anything, but I think there will come a point where his goals/morals and Chaldea's no longer align so he does something to stop us. There was an interlude where Moriarty basically spells that out to Guda.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    So in the end what's the connection between Amaterasu and Daji?
    Same fox, different humans. Think how Rama, Buddha, and Krishna are all avatars of Vishnu.

EDIT: Oh, I misread as Tamamo and Daji. Well, I guess the answer is still clear from that.

I'll be honest, am I the only one who liked this resolution to Koyanskaya's plot who also didn't appreciate the romanticism of sending her to space? I've never felt the majesty of space exploration and colonization both due to the vastness of space scaring me and because it's just colonialism in space.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't think traitor Holmes will be evil or anything, but I think there will come a point where his goals/morals and Chaldea's no longer align so he does something to stop us. There was an interlude where Moriarty basically spells that out to Guda.
    Holmes is a defender of the status quo above all else, and I think Holmes and us will part ways once we deprioritize its preservation and pursue our personal goals. I think this might also be related to when Galahad lends his full power to Mash, since going against Holmes' goals might also double as going against Chaldea's goals.

Blog Entries
    I'll be honest, am I the only one who liked this resolution to Koyanskaya's plot who also didn't appreciate the romanticism of sending her to space? I've never felt the majesty of space exploration and colonization both due to the vastness of space scaring me and because it's just colonialism in space.
    There's nothing morally wrong with colonizing a truly empty place devoid of life. The actual problem is that bad people will become even more impossibly rich as a result of it.

Colonization would imply that Koyanskaya is a conqueror and not a refugee.

That's not what colonialism is, first of all, but I don't care that it's about space. What makes me happy for her is that she escaped the world that held all the things she so hated, and that's nice because her misanthropy really speaks to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If nothing else, I'm sort of bewildered by all the people currently throwing tantrums because Koyan's twist wasn't hinted at enough which makes it BAD, but at the same time are sitting here saying that if Holmes (or anyone, for that matter) turns out to be a traitor it's also BAD, even though it's been hinted at SO MUCH at this point it's almost unbearably on the nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    I don't like that someone who is both blatantly evil and, to me, entirely unsympathetic, is getting rewarded like she deserves a good ending.

I have more sympathy for Kiara, or even Goetia, since they actually underwent suffering before going crazy.

Koyan is using the suffering of animals she never even met as an excuse to kill people for entertainment.

I'm also happy for Koyan for those reasons, but the reason I say it's colonialist is that it follows the logic of finding new untouched land to settle and mold to your liking. Said logic is very colonialist and ignores who might potentially be there on that land.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Koyan is using the suffering of animals she never even met as an excuse to kill people for entertainment.
    She's literally made out of animal suffering.