Page 3677 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 267731773577362736673672367536763677367836793682368737273777 ... LastLast
Results 73,521 to 73,540 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    So is it actually Elise (Elizabeth) and was mistranslated as Erice?
    Erice is the official spelling, both in volume 1's characters page and in GO NA, but it does seem like Meteo meant for it to be Elise.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    In conclusion, I was able to hear a very important story from the witch Circe.
    While not directly about Fuyuki, it was related to our enemies. I'll have to relate it again to Karin and Voyager who haven't had the chance to hear and chew the cud.
    While leaving the fruit parlor, the witch threw such a silly question at me.
    "By the way Erice. The parent who came up with your name, were they fluent in Greek?"
    "Ehhh... no. If anything he liked French literature."
    I don't know know exactly which one of my parents came up with my name, but at that moment I answered like that. In my parent's house my dad had left behind some Western books. In addition to English books were many French ones. Among them was Exupéry's 'The Little Prince.'
    "Ah, I see. Then its fine."
    "...Why? You've made me curious."
    I had no choice but to ask. I had all intention of continuing the conversation, it's just that I was now also aware of the curiosity welling up in my chest.
    "It's nothing important. The name Erice (エリセ) just sounds like a name based off the place heroes go after they die. If you want to be exact, 'Elysium.' I thought it was ironic you have such a name while roaming the streets as a 'Reaper.'"
    "...It's a common name."
    Then Euclid hesitantly opened her mouth and supplemented with, "In French, Élise (エリゼ) is synonymous with Elysium (エリュシオン). For example the Champs-Élysées (エリセの園). Through the Arc de Triomphe, to the paradise that Heroic Spirits return to. For more information ask Bonaparte."
    "As expected of a bookworm, knowing so much outside your area of expertise. When the tournament resumes, will you please be a commentator this time?"
    "Ueee... how non-Euclidean."
    Circe laughed at that with a fufu and offered some parting words.
    "Fuyuki, huh, she... I heard Medea was summoned there. Well, maybe she died a while back and returned to the Throne of Heroes? Hey, if you see her send her my regards."
    ...Yes. Even if that person is my enemy.
    Being unable to meet the person you want to meet is so heart-wrenchingly frustrating.
    Last edited by Reign; April 26th, 2022 at 01:14 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Both of Erice's parents are Japanese (unconfirmed on Nami, but let's not kid ourselves), so they named her エリセ and most likely Erice herself chose to romanize it as Erice because she didn't know what she was named after.

In my case i struggle not to think of Eris when i hear her name.

Blog Entries
    I iunderstand that it's intentional, but TM's horribly butchered French still hurts my soul.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    One must embrace the aesthetic of gobbledygook.

The acceptance of earnesty over authenticity.

If I wanted fluency, I'd engage with media in that respective language.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Utsumi Elise Juuyonsai just doesn't hit the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Utsumi Elise Juuyonsai just doesn't hit the same.
    Guanglai Kangyi age 15

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    I iunderstand that it's intentional, but TM's horribly butchered French still hurts my soul.
    they're continuing the proud tradition of Gelman I guess
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

US Friend Code
    Last edited by Comun; May 2nd, 2022 at 08:10 PM. Reason: No context links

Part 3 was longer than I thought it would be.
    Spoiler:

Let's see, from the last time, Knocknarea gets killed and everything falls apart. I'm not exactly sure why the infighting started again.I was kind of confused about the number of the calamities, so it was nice that they pointed them out.

Aurora was absolutety horrible, but I guess she got killed at the end by Melusine, so there's that.

Muryan got attacked by a mystery person who was responsible for killing her clan in the first place. Her hatred just made things worse.

Grimm the Wise

A Divine Construct comes as a set with its wielder. Even if you make one, it's still unusable if you lack the qualifications.
    I liked this, it really makes sense, since pretty much every single one was given as a gift for a specific hero. It would make that they would be the only ones that could use it.

The Barghest stuff was pretty messed up though, with maybe the same mystery person appearing again, I don't know, I only have the scene text which is great, but not a summary to work with.

And the name I've seen pop up here, Cernunnos. He showed up to make the fairies do what they supposed to do, and he got killed and his priestess ended up in pieces. The big thing they ended up fighting doesn't even have a will anymore. Considering how big that one hand they fought was, I wonder how big it's body was? But yeah, anyone would be mad that they happened to them.
    I also get why Koyanskaya took that curse damage after this.

I really like Merlin, I was hoping he would show up again, so it was nice for him to actually show up here.

Merlin
    With Morgan's defeat, the “Garden” is no more. I've been free for quite a while now.
    I don't understand this though.

So the thing I was wondering throughout reading this was, "What's the divergence point for this Lostbelt?". For it be just because Excalibur wasn't made and why...

Merlin said he would reverse time just like before, but when was that?

I almost forgot about Beryl though, what a twisted, evil person. To go into Mash's room and start breaking her fingers talking about it being out of love is crazy. The stuff about Witches being different from mages was interesting though.

That last scene with Caster Artoria using the throne was pretty cool though, and I finally got the answer I wanted about Habertrot too.

I really didn't know if Oberon was considered gone by them for a while.

Maybe, if I didn't know ahead of time about this, this reveal would be better. The way he talks is really something from before though.

Da Vinci
    ...!? The Border's radar cannot pick up his magical signature!? No, it can pick it up, but...

Da Vinci
    The data isn't matching at all! His Saint Graph is fluctuating by the second!

Da Vinci
    The information on his Saint Graph has no credibility at all!

Da Vinci
    At this rate, he's no different from an invisible man who's both there and not there at once!

Mash
    T-then who on earth is that person?
    So what, he has a stronger version For Someone Else's Glory on him? I guess that would explain why Merlin thought Fujimaru was talking to themselves. He was able to hide himself even from Merlin's Clairvoyance that can see everything in the present.

So he's causing some great void to absorb the island from the sky? And he's the one that's causing the big collapse, not the stuff that was happening before?

Well, I'm done with that now. I figured that I'd like this one just from the name, but I didn't. In fact, it's probably the Lostbelt I didn't like the most. I just don't really like stories like this.
    Last edited by Laserman; May 4th, 2022 at 01:43 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If you ever wonder why fairies do something strange or cruel it's because they're terrible and deserve to be purged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Something I notice regarding the Beasts, so as far a we know/speculations go, we have four remaining spots yet to be filled: V, VI/L, VI/R and VI/G and we actually have four characters that have been explicitly called Evils of Humanity but have yet not manifested as Beasts: Angra, Amaterasu/Daji, Manaka and BB.
    I know there are theories like "Holmes is a Beast" but I'm focusing on characters that have been actually called Evils so I'm ignoring it for now. Also I know one of the spots is supposed to be filled by the 666 Beast, but I was thinking, since we know that in Prototype 666 reanimates Manaka's corpse both of them probably act as one now (meta reason just so Nasu and co. can shove a loli as the visual representative character for the artwork)
    So, my guess for the remaining spots goes:
    V: Angra
    VI/L and R: Daji and BB
    VI/G: Manaka (+666)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Something I notice regarding the Beasts, so as far a we know/speculations go, we have four remaining spots yet to be filled: V, VI/L, VI/R and VI/G and we actually have four characters that have been explicitly called Evils of Humanity but have yet not manifested as Beasts: Angra, Amaterasu/Daji, Manaka and BB.
    I know there are theories like "Holmes is a Beast" but I'm focusing on characters that have been actually called Evils so I'm ignoring it for now. Also I know one of the spots is supposed to be filled by the 666 Beast, but I was thinking, since we know that in Prototype 666 reanimates Manaka's corpse both of them probably act as one now (meta reason just so Nasu and co. can shove a loli as the visual representative character for the artwork)
    There's Orochi too, i'm still salty on how biased Nasu is regarding this shit, i mean how could Orochi qualified yet the likes of Vritra and Jormugandr who is the older Dragon Vs Thunder God myth is not?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Technically, only Douman has stated that Ibuki/Orochi would have been sufficient for his plan, and we know he ultimately knew bunk about the true nature of Beasts.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No one ever say those aren't. I personally think Vritra isn't because her brand of love isn't destructive enough, but no one ever said she isn't.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Koyanskaya was a candidate for Beast IV, there can be more than one individual who qualifies. So speculating about this is kinda pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.