Page 3687 of 3739 FirstFirst ... 26873187358736373677368236853686368736883689369236973737 ... LastLast
Results 73,721 to 73,740 of 74776

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #73721
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,567
    From my point of view, honestly, the empire never really fell. The whole western civilization, in a sense, is Rome.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  2. #73722
    Lie Like Vortigern Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,210
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    Romulus would approve

  3. #73723
    後継者 Successor
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Age
    20
    Posts
    803
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    From my point of view, honestly, the empire never really fell. The whole western civilization, in a sense, is Rome.
    If Rome is the foundation of The whole Western civilization the what about the eastern civilization what is the foundation for that.

  4. #73724
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    If Rome is the foundation of The whole Western civilization the what about the eastern civilization what is the foundation for that.
    Dunno.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  5. #73725
    世はまさにパンテオン Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,430
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Buddhism?

  6. #73726
    Hinduism predates Buddhism, in fact Hinduism is like the foundation of Buddhism, in a sense Hinduism is the original story and Buddhism is a fanfiction of it.

  7. #73727
    世はまさにパンテオン Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,430
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    That logic also invalidates Rome.

  8. #73728
    Well, yeah maybe because Rome has the biggest influence on them, i want to say the same thing about Hinduism but maybe you right, looking how hard Nasu wanking Buddhism.

  9. #73729
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,224
    US Friend Code
    559,186,926
    Siddhartha Gautama is very much real, though?


  10. #73730
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    If Rome is the foundation of The whole Western civilization the what about the eastern civilization what is the foundation for that.
    Han China and Maurya Empire.

  11. #73731
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Siddhartha Gautama is very much real, though?
    Yeah, but Siddharta is just a wise man who criticize hinduism, especially their caste system, all that bullshit about Boddhisattvas came later on.

  12. #73732
    夜属 Nightkin VTKajin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    New York
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    126
    Asian philosophies at this point are very syncretic and enough of it is universal to argue it's the foundation of Eastern civilization.

  13. #73733
    other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Well, yeah maybe because Rome has the biggest influence on them, i want to say the same thing about Hinduism but maybe you right, looking how hard Nasu wanking Buddhism.
    he did in Fate/Extra

  14. #73734
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    From my point of view, honestly, the empire never really fell. The whole western civilization, in a sense, is Rome.
    So far as the West exists outside of the fever dreams of long-dead racists, I'd say Rome is only one source of many, and that the empire I'd well and truly dead, even if some of the structures have been repurposed and reused to the current day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Hinduism predates Buddhism, in fact Hinduism is like the foundation of Buddhism, in a sense Hinduism is the original story and Buddhism is a fanfiction of it.
    As a Hindu, I'll just say that Hinduism isn't a real thing, or at least wasn't prior to the late 19tg century, and Buddhism was just another tradition to emerge out of the larger wellspring of "Indian" religion and thought. Still, orthodox Hindu and Buddhist beliefs aren't compatible with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  15. #73735
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Byegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,724
    Saying hinduism is like saying 'native america religion'. It's like trying to put a entire continent of varying religions and folk religions under one label. OR saying there is no difference between any christian sect for another comparison.

    One of the greatest shames is the lack of decent sources for a lot of non western religions, or hell stuff thats semi obscure within christianity becomes as well pain as well to look into, (Of course there are probably lots of books, but I often find finding said books or a source that can grab ones interest is the big issue, often just dead links or no citations whatsoever)

  16. #73736
    You don't "look for decent sources" concerning religions. You convert to it and practice it yourself among their communities lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Or at least, talk to someone who belong to it.

  17. #73737
    That's how one ends up drinking the kool-aid.

  18. #73738
    後継者 Successor
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Age
    20
    Posts
    803
    Blog Entries
    1
    Okay, how does Kool-Aid factor in to all of this

  19. #73739
    Only reddit atheists would equate following non-western religions to intellectual suicide.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anyways, to get back to the topic, I think the tendency of forcing "all myths and religions are true" into the TM cosmology would inevitably lead to some religion and pantheons to be shafted and screwed over in one way or another.

    - - - Updated - - -

    This already happened with the Hindu Devas for example. From what we've seen, for a living religion they seem to be severely underwhelming compared to, say, Buddhism, Abrahamic or Greek Pantheon.

  20. #73740
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Byegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,724
    I disagree to some extent, mainly cause i think there are easy ways to mitigate the damage, but not many writers actually try or think about it, it's only really a thing people talk about more nowadays

    Of course it depends on what means by 'screwing over', like saying 'YHVH' or the trimurti/insert highest level god here isnt ruler of everything count as screwing over? Because I imagine usually people mean something else when it comes to screwing over. I see that as screwing over when its one religion above all others like a lot of western urban fantasy with christianity.

    And I agree that fate has done it, but lets not act like thats a good thing either, and tbh the greeks got semi screwed cause we have only seen the lostbelt versions who are stronger than normal vs buddhism stuf being giga top tier without lostbelt stuff.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •