Page 3689 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 268931893589363936793684368736883689369036913694369937393789 ... LastLast
Results 73,761 to 73,780 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So I'm curious about this Tamamo's syncretism debacle, and I searched around.

Hoo boy, there's so much I don't even know where to start. There's a post in some forum explaining about her syncretism, and it involves many, many schools of thoughts with various cultures surrounding said religions, so it's complicated to explain for me. I'll just go and say some writers from Edo period got too creative on syncretizing her. Basically, there's actual basis behind her complicated background.

We know that, but it often involves obscure schools of thoughts as well as stitching together like 3-4 separate schools together.

And again, it doesnt serve her character nor buddhism, it just makes this shit overcomplicated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    We know that, but it often involves obscure schools of thoughts as well as stitching together like 3-4 separate schools together.
    Imperial Japan State Shintoism is not an "obscure school of thought".

Blog Entries

And again, it doesnt serve her character nor buddhism, it just makes this shit overcomplicated
    To put it crudely, she can pull shit out of her ass when Nasu sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Syncretism is a normal phenomenon that happens all the time in religion, you guys need to chill down.
    I think the worse part is the focus on "wanking" in terms of powerlevels or whatever, as if that has ever mattered when syncretism comes into play. Like Amaterasu being vairocana doesn't give her "more power" in any sense because she's not in the actual story. It's one thing to dislike the complex nature of the syncretic spiderweb that Nasu spins in order to keep "all myths true" in his world (which again, is fictional guys, so you really don't need to get that worked up over it), but referring to it as wanking just seems like you're making stuff up to be mad about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

he didnt need to use this stupid syncrenetism for the all myths true thing, wtf are you on about.

Blog Entries
    What? Syncretism is literally part of the myth lmao it can't just be avoided. I really don't get this malding about so called syncretism, it's just how religions and cultures develop.

Where does it say, outside of this one sect, Where Amaterasu is vairocana, where does it say that?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    What are the two main religions in Japan? Unless you fully understand just how intertwined Shinto and Buddhism is in Japan, then I'll just assume you don't know what even you're malding about.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Just curious, do Christians over there pay respects to their ancestors, family members and national heroes before the OK from the Pope? Some places against these are mainly not because of Christianity, but out of fear of getting too close to Confucianism and Chinese traditions.
    Before the OK from the pope nope. Some of those who converted to Christianity even torn down temples and altars of their ancestors. But that kind of action was viewed as anti Confucianism, anti Vietnamese (Vietnamese has ancestor worship even before Chinese influences because it is rooted in tribal culture and totem worship where remnants of that still remain today). So to make peace with such notion, the Pope agreed to let Christians from countries such as China and Vietnam be allowed to not "worship", but "pay respect" to ancestors and national heroes, and allow the usage of Eastern style incense in Churches as alternatives from candles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    What are the two main religions in Japan? Unless you fully understand just how intertwined Shinto and Buddhism is, then I'll just assume you don't know what you're malding about.
    Oh fuck off with that bullshit, and answer the question. Where in the kojiki does it say, amaterasu is vairocana.

Even nasu himself admits the whole thing is extremely obscure and he had to have a monk look at it, or his weirdo occult firend.

Plus your ignoring the core argument, THEY DONT NEED IT. It's not needed even now, if you removed most of the syncrenetism 99% of the plot stays the same you realize? Nasu pretty much never uses it for western stuff outside of even worse things like new age skadi=scathath shit thats heavily discredited.
    Last edited by Byegod; May 22nd, 2022 at 10:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    Even nasu himself admits the whole thing is extremely obscure and he had to have a monk look at it, or his weirdo occult firend.
    That weirdo occult monk has more credibility and has more to say about the uniquely Japanese practice of Shinto and Buddhism than any westoid wikipedia article you'll ever find in the internet.

Avoiding the question yet again, answer it

Blog Entries
    Mod forgive me for what I'm about to say will likely get me banned.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Where in the kojiki does it say
    That's not how real religion works.

Do not be afraid Sione

I shall take the fall

he didnt need to use this stupid syncrenetism for the all myths true thing, wtf are you on about.
    How are you supposed to have 5 different myths that are practically the EXACT same but with minor differences that mean they can't ALL be true at the same time, without simply saying that "it's all the same thing"? How would you have stitched together every myth in existence to be true at the same time without ever overlapping them?
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    How are you supposed to have 5 different myths that are practically the EXACT same but with minor differences that mean they can't ALL be true at the same time, without simply saying that "it's all the same thing"? How would you have stitched together every myth in existence to be true at the same time without ever overlapping them?
    You referring to the ammy stuff or the daji stuff?

Here is a simple take, I dont include the head shinto goddess.

Ok so you've immediately failed including ALL myths and gods then. See my point?
    Ugh cokesakto no no no