Page 3692 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 269231923592364236823687369036913692369336943697370237423792 ... LastLast
Results 73,821 to 73,840 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Why not? If the fact that Type-Moon (Crimson Moon) was directly involved with Earth via the creation of True Ancestors is a narrative reflection of the Moon’s influence on the Earth, Type-Sun getting involved with the planet would make even more sense.
    There is 0 foreshadowing or indication that it is the case. We don't even know if Type-Sun is a thing that exists.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's no proof it's impossible either.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What your proposing is a fallacy, Comun

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    "Drag out" he says about the thing that never really had anything to show in relation to the character with a complete arc, and would not add anything to any stories that have actually been told, because he wants something to get mad about.

Bugger off kirishima, he clearly wants to do something with daji/hakumen at some point, its annoying to never get any clarity on it.

But continue on ignoring all the other people who said the same thing in the tunguska thread, gotta protect nasu's honor somehow by antagonizing me yet again

What people said in the Tunguska thread was hardly some level-minded "ah yes Nasu clearly wants to do something else with daiji and ammy, that's why he's dragging this storyline out". It was more along the lines of "I'd rather DIE than accept this SHIT twist I HATE this no WAY she isn't even daji and is still related to tamamo wtf????"

Either way, this is just very much the same thing as what was brought up in the arcade thread with regards to Nero (and for all I remember it probably came up in tunguska as well): you can't outright call it "dragging out" a storyline "for a decade" when all that has existed is a few lines that hint at something greater, and the characters simply existing. That's not even remotely close to comprising a storyline. If anything it's closer to worldbuilding, because he's just saying "yeah Nero exists, and she fits for beast candidate btw". That's all you need. He never said she is absolutely gonna show up as a beast (even though she did), and in much the same way Amaterasu existing (and already having appeared once in CCC) doesn't mean she's ever gonna be the centerpiece of a big storyline that wraps up all the "hints" and lore pieces he's ever dropped that refers to her into one neat package. She exists, that's worldbuilding, and that's it. Same with Daji. Honestly I don't even know what makes you think "he obviously wants to do something with daji" other than the fact that she exists at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    You don't even need to go that far. It is very simple. Vairocana's name in both Sanskrit and Chinese/Japanese is the same meaning as Amaterasu.

Vairocana means "Illuminator" (the sun), Amaterasu's birth name is 天照 (Amaterasu/Tenshou) which means "heavenly illuminating(tor)". Vairocana's Chinese/Japanese title is 大日(如来), which is also the same as one of Amaterasu's name - 大日(孁貴神)

It is extremely easy to see why people consider these two are facets of the same being just from their names alone lol.
    Well now, that's certainly much simpler than the rabbit hole I'd gotten myself into. Thanks again Lily Emilio.

Taigong, beast candidates, summer nero, tamamo saying she could be a beast yet again in fgo.

All the constant daji references...

Are you really fumei?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Taigong, beast candidates, summer nero, tamamo saying she could be a beast yet again in fgo.

All the constant daji references...

Are you really fumei?
    And Tunguska's story is just to be ignored then because you didn't like the outcome?

If I rephrase, what hints at a daji storyline that nasu OBVIOUSLY wants to do, that wasn't already resolved in Tunguska? And remember, a character simply existing does not count.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I think the worse part is the focus on "wanking" in terms of powerlevels or whatever, as if that has ever mattered when syncretism comes into play. Like Amaterasu being vairocana doesn't give her "more power" in any sense because she's not in the actual story. It's one thing to dislike the complex nature of the syncretic spiderweb that Nasu spins in order to keep "all myths true" in his world (which again, is fictional guys, so you really don't need to get that worked up over it), but referring to it as wanking just seems like you're making stuff up to be mad about.
    Forgive me for bringing this again but the thing that makes me pissed is the fact that Nasu discredit and demeaning the other Mythology to make his own sounds impressive.

I mean its not Amaterasu have big influence in the world that she got syncretized but it was the other way around, but somehow Amaterasu is the one who takes all the credit, the other example is Daji.

Daji is much older with big enough influence to spread to other region but somehow it was all Japanese who take the credits of her influence. Like it was all Amaterasu doing that caused the ruin of a nation in China and India i mean cmon Nasu, i know you want to makes Japanese Myth to be impressive but not like this. This why i called superioriy complex and shameless.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What’s the point of the name Konjiki Hakumen in your logic?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    He's a Ushio & Tora fan.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Just wanted to put my own two cents in this discussion. As for the syncretism between Amaterasu and Vairocana, it’s purely just a subjective problem based on what some of you guys see as the “correct” interpretation of what should be done with the Asian pantheons. Personally, I’m all for less mainstream takes, as long as it’s interesting and still have some historical basis. And it very much has historical basis, as some has pointed out before. If it simply creates a good story, does it matter?

As for Bunhelier and him saying Nasu has a “Japanese mythology superiority complex” and “demean and discredit other mythology” … what? I don’t see it as demeaning, in fact, without the syncretization it’s unlikely that these figures would’ve even been mentioned, much less been bought up in a storyline. Like it or not, the syncretism brought up more characters that would’ve likely gone unmentioned. Plus, Amaterasu is arguably one of the most popular Asian gods with the influence of anime, and Nash’s a Japanese man first. It’s the same with pretty much the entire industry, with how Japanese protagonists wins, American spy wins against Soviet Union, yada yada.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Bugger off kirishima, he clearly wants to do something with daji/hakumen at some point, its annoying to never get any clarity on it.

But continue on ignoring all the other people who said the same thing in the tunguska thread, gotta protect nasu's honor somehow by antagonizing me yet again
    You clearly do not understand basic storytelling and it shows. Amaterasu has a role and it was fulfilled. The point is Tamamo is related to this all powerful, evil (hence the reason why we get to know she is a beast candidate) goddess and wants to shed that part of herself behind and be her own thing, essentially. Thats why Amaterasu exists and why we got to see her in CCC, she was basically saying "I'm the part of Tamamo she is hiding, do you still want to be together with her despite it all?" and any sun divinities related lore or syncretism is to tie her together with the rest of the world. She exists out of necessity and to tie background things together, and to enhance Tamamo's backstory. Once again, you fail to see things behind surface level. There are things related to her not because Nasu wants to do anything with her, but because it was necessary in the kind of story he told for him to talk about her and her attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Forgive me for bringing this again but the thing that makes me pissed is the fact that Nasu discredit and demeaning the other Mythology to make his own sounds impressive.

I mean its not Amaterasu have big influence in the world that she got syncretized but it was the other way around, but somehow Amaterasu is the one who takes all the credit, the other example is Daji.

Daji is much older with big enough influence to spread to other region but somehow it was all Japanese who take the credits of her influence. Like it was all Amaterasu doing that caused the ruin of a nation in China and India i mean cmon Nasu, i know you want to makes Japanese Myth to be impressive but not like this. This why i called superioriy complex and shameless.
    I think this is entirely a perspective thing, to be perfectly honest. Never have I, or any of my friends who read FGO, or really most people I talk to who read the story, read about the syncretism and gone "wow india's really getting shafted here, huh?" Partly because, again, I think some of you focus too much on the whole powerlevel aspect of syncretism rather than it existing out of necessity for worldbuilding and coherence, so all you see is that the Japanese god now also has the powers of the Indian god. And partly because at the end of the day, syncretism goes both ways. If Amaterasu is Daji, then Daji is Amaterasu. It just so happens that some get more focus in Nasu's stories (hence why it may seem like Amaterasu is "taking all the credit" because she gets to "appear" more), but this too is a matter of necessity, like HumanComplex said. Amaterasu has very direct reasons to show up in CCC, and with those reasons established it makes sense already for her to "appear" (as it were) in something like Tunguska. I would not say that it's made (at least intentionally) to discredit or demean the other party within the syncretism, it's just simpler and more appropriate, to an extent, for the already established party to be the one to take center stage.

At the end of the day, he doesn't need to use syncretism to "wank" japanese myth, so the idea that he does so in some sort of delusions of inferiority or megalomaniac superiority complex spree feels rather ingenious to me. It's very much exactly like how they don't need to genderbend historically male people to "balance the genders". They do that because that's what they want to do, and at the end of the day, it's all fiction and they're writing a story and making the game they want to make. They're not pushing propaganda here.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

I know but don't pretend to not see the lore that screaming Amaterasu is the Original instead of the "Real original" Thousand years fox spirit.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, the other reason I'm expecting nothing from Amaterasu is the wet fart that was the Whore of Babylon. What a nothing character she was.

- - - Updated - - -

also the reason I dislike Koyanskaya's plot resolution was because it came off as bascly queerbaiting, except with foxgirls instead of gay people

foxbaiting, if you will
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    snip.
    Well, i just dislike how they present the other Myth with syncretism like that so i guess its personal thing, but tbh i prefer they're not presented in the story' than being did dirty like that, i mean which one you prefer? The real Attila or the OC Altera? Or what if they make Genghis Khan = Yoshitsune a thing in here?
    Last edited by Bunhelier; May 22nd, 2022 at 07:25 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seriously? If you want to worry about the future you can make a thread about it you know. Right now I'm only curious about what Traum will be like.

Blog Entries
    Back onto all myths are real approach, I still don't get why Nasu decides to go historical facts and fantasy divide in Extella. It just feels like the good old fabrication vs real in which fabrication might not be as bad, but I just find it bullshit. Why pull this if he wants to go for all myths are real?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because for some reason it’s really important that the magic went away from continental Europe when BC flipped to CE.