Page 3717 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 271732173617366737073712371537163717371837193722372737673817 ... LastLast
Results 74,321 to 74,340 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I think w/e he tried to do could not change anything, since the incineration prevented alien god from descending and it needed Goetia gone to do so anyways. So Lev killing himself in CT2015 would only do the alien god a favor.
    Without Beast I, there is no Beast VII.

Lev's actions are crucial to the plot. Nasu has re-emphasized this over (CT2015), and over (Back-alley Nightmare), and over again (Moonlight Lostroom).

Lev also threw olga into chaldeas

So i gotta ask how much did lev know, how much did marisbilly know and so on

Blog Entries
    You have to let Olga go, Lev. The Human Order Incineration wasn't your fault.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Lev also threw olga into chaldeas

So i gotta ask how much did lev know, how much did marisbilly know and so on
    Well, if you want to know what I think, I literally wrote about that in my posts.

More just me wondering how they all fit together in terms of motivations i suppose? like if lev knew of the exact cause of part 2 would he have thrown her into chaldeas.

Then you got the fact of olga's inherently being wierd at times, like her case files 'day of the battle' or whatever being in the void, and isnt she also missing her birthdate or something in one of her profiles, then there is how marisbilly stops caring bout her the same time he learns the grail is tainted in case files timelines

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Without Beast I, there is no Beast VII.

Lev's actions are crucial to the plot. Nasu has re-emphasized this over (CT2015), and over (Back-alley Nightmare), and over again (Moonlight Lostroom).
    That is under assumption that it is indeed Beast VII. But so far as we knew, Beast VII is the saint graph designation for the vessel of alien god, not that the alien god itself is Beast VII, that question we still have no answer for. Douman truly believed in Heian that by making a Beast that means he makes Alien God 2.0, but that is sus considering my guy doesn't even know the requirements to become Beast. The scene of Olga emerging had the part where it seems to be making sync with the body, and it plans to target ORT next. It can be the case of Beast VII's body being hijacked by the entity who called itself the alien god.

Another thing is, Goetia had to do his incineration in 2015 in a rush, as he still lack like 5 minutes to gather just enough magic energy to activate his Ars Nova. And we now know that it had to happen to prevent the alien god, which we fucked up by stopping him. So it makes no sense that if he doesn't do anything then the alien would also cannot manifest. It looks to me that the alien god arrival is an inevitable fate.

Also Beast candidates, as we already knew, exist independently from the chain summoning of the Beasts. They can exist without being called Beasts yet. So if the alien god is like the rest of the Beast candidates, they definitely can do something even if Goetia plot never happened, just that it would not be under the label of a Beast, or using the Crypters.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That is under assumption that it is indeed Beast VII. But so far as we knew, Beast VII is the saint graph designation for the vessel of alien god, not that the alien god itself is Beast VII, that question we still have no answer for. Douman truly believed in Heian that by making a Beast that means he makes Alien God 2.0, but that is sus considering my guy doesn't even know the requirements to become Beast. The scene of Olga emerging had the part where it seems to be making sync with the body, and it plans to target ORT next. It can be the case of Beast VII's body being hijacked by the entity who called itself the alien god.

Another thing is, Goetia had to do his incineration in 2015 in a rush, as he still lack like 5 minutes to gather just enough magic energy to activate his Ars Nova. And we now know that it had to happen to prevent the alien god, which we fucked up by stopping him. So it makes no sense that if he doesn't do anything then the alien would also cannot manifest. It looks to me that the alien god arrival is an inevitable fate.

Also Beast candidates, as we already knew, exist independently from the chain summoning of the Beasts. They can exist without being called Beasts yet. So if the alien god is like the rest of the Beast candidates, they definitely can do something even if Goetia plot never happened, just that it would not be under the label of a Beast, or using the Crypters.
    I feel like Beast VII = Alien God is too set in stone to sneak around somehow. It makes too much thematic sense. They kept it under wraps until it manifests. There shouldn't be anything particularly special about Magellan/Atlas for it to be Beast VII.

Obviously all the entities that become the Beasts exist independently of the Beast system itself, but they don't become Evils of Man until the first appears. Goetia's system exists as well, but if its foiled by Lev's suicide before 2015 (which is what happens in CT2015, Mr. Flauros dies in 2014), then Goetia doesn't manifest into an Evil of Man, Tiamat isn't unleashed, etc, etc, etc.

The Alien God then, if you work under my hypothesis, would not be awakened in a timeline where Lev doesn't awaken and toss Olga into CHALDEAS.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Remember also that in Bluebook's parts it's 検体E but Moriarty in Traum says 被検体E. So is that just stylistic or does it mean something?
    The difference in nuance is that a
    Specimen
    検体
    can be only an observed sample that no one necessarily touched while a
    Subject
    被検体
    necessarily when through some kind of experiment.

If it's purely a characterization thing, that's Moriarty using emphatic, victimizing language to the vengeful creature he considers justified.

If it's a foreshadowing thing, then Specimen E should be the root-like creature that from the space, and Subject E should be a product of the interaction between Specimen and Bluebook.

My personal guess is the latter, with Daybit being Bluebook with his nervous system replaced by the Specimen roots, and Subject is the discarded parts not used to make Daybit. A grafting twig from Specimen and Bluebook's detached nerves.

I feel like the stuff about the Lovecraftian Gods is too disconnected from the main plot to be all that relevant, but it would be an exciting prospect.
    Disconnected? Really? The Foreigner Class only exists because of the main plot. Raum is one of the Goetia members that was still dedicated to the purpose later revealed to be preventing the Alien God's rule. He spent the whole of Salem creating the Class because he gave up on all options within human comprehension and decided he should just randomly introduce eldritch alien options in hope their impredictability with be one factor that will throw the Animusphere plot in disarray. Foreigner pay-off is very much a thing expected for Nahui Mictlan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem
    Demon God Zepar What about you, Räum?
    What will be your solution to all of this?

Demon God Räum ...Good question. I believe I will put my faith in...faith. Superstition.
    Demon God Räum Delirium. Enlightenment. Fiction.
    They will be my tools to end reality.
    Demon God Zepar Hm? What do you mean by that?

Demon God Räum This world is rife with legends, with stories that are neither divine, mystical, nor demons incarnate.
    Demon God Räum The Mage's Association has a department dedicated to folklore. It is one of the Association's most closely guarded secrets. What's more, it is guarded by Brishsan, one of our king's pupils.
    Demon God Räum I will see what I can accomplish by combining these legends with superstition.
    Demon God Räum I believe I will start by creating a town steeped in superstition. I will conduct trial after trial there, until I get the results I want.
    Demon God Räum We exist solely to save mankind.
    However...
    Demon God Räum ...neither faith, nor old age, nor permanence, nor hope, has been able to save humanity so far.
    Demon God Räum I'm sure you now understand this too, Zepar.
    The truth can never save mankind.
    Demon God Zepar You're being rash. We have not tried every truth or version of it. Your conclusion is

Demon God Räum Silence. Enough. You're just like all the other fools, piling failure upon failure with no results at all!
    Demon God Räum Truth is useless. My key lies in superstition. Fiction. Things that don't exist in this universe.
    Demon God Zepar Things that don't exist in this universe...? Do you mean you're going to open paths to alternate worlds? Places that don't even exist in parallel dimensions?
    Demon God Zepar That is beyond us. We were born of order and common sense. We are bound by this world's laws.
    Demon God Zepar Even if there are universes outside our own, you have no means of reaching them, and no attunement to them.

Demon God Räum Indeed. But by sheer, mad coincidence, I won't have to reach it myself.
    Demon God Räum Humans, Zepar. Humans have already taken care of everything.
    Demon God Räum Happily, a fictional mythology describing the fever dreams of a single man just so happened to also describe a higher being from the outer universe.
    Demon God Räum The two align perfectly. And a tiny part of that being has left an imprint on this universe.
    Demon God Räum Even if every word of this man's story was nothing but sheer delusion, he still succeeded in opening a path.
    Demon God Räum This was, doubtless, a prophecy.
    And in this mad prophecy, I saw possibilities.
    Demon God Räum I will take this madness, this fiction, and make it real. This new reality is what will save mankind.
    Demon God Räum ...Yes, of course.
    We should have seen it all along.
    Demon God Räum We could never do it ourselves. This very universe makes it impossible. In which case...
    Demon God Räum ...what we needed was a monster from another world, who is not bound by our laws. A being who abides by rules that even we, in our limitless wisdom, cannot comprehend.
    Demon God Räum And it is this fictional Foreigner who will finally put an end to mankind.
    Demon God Zepar ...Ridiculous. A number of dropouts emerged from within us during the battle at the Temple of Time.
    Demon God Zepar Demon God Räum, in Goetia's absence, I decree the following:
    Demon God Zepar This delusion of yours will be your undoing. Your approach already failed fourteen thousand years ago.
    Alien God, Outer God, Foreigner. Trees of Fantasy, Roots of Fiction, etc, etc.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Disconnected? Really? The Foreigner Class only exists because of the main plot. Raum is one of the Goetia members that was still dedicated to the purpose later revealed to be preventing the Alien God's rule. He spent the whole of Salem creating the Class because he gave up on all options within human comprehension and decided he should just randomly introduce eldritch alien options in hope their impredictability with be one factor that will throw the Animusphere plot in disarray. Foreigner pay-off is very much a thing expected for Nahui Mictlan.
    Well yes, but that's all.

Point me to a part in Lostroom or the Prologue (which set the stage for all of Part 2 and where its themes and mysteries are established) where anything about them is even remotely relevant. The only thing I can think of is maybe Papermoon.

Maybe there will be Foreigner payoff, but much like the miscellaneous Beasts (III-VI) I expect it to be largely tertiary to the main plot about Animusphere.

Blog Entries
    Honestly I consider Epic of Remnant to be true prologue to Part 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Honestly I consider Epic of Remnant to be true prologue to Part 2
    It obviously is, but only to 'some extent' (especially Shimousa turned out to be quite significant for later developments even if the rest of them haven't). Personally I see it more as the epilogue to Part 1. (Part 1.5 if you will)

Nasu clearly wants you to draw a direct connection to Part 2 and the start of Part 1 (Moonlight Lostroom). The Prologue spends a lot of time going back and talking about things that happened as a result of the Lev attack (most directly; the Crypters).

JP Friend Code
    I feel like Beast VII = Alien God is too set in stone to sneak around somehow. It makes too much thematic sense. They kept it under wraps until it manifests. There shouldn't be anything particularly special about Magellan/Atlas for it to be Beast VII.

Obviously all the entities that become the Beasts exist independently of the Beast system itself, but they don't become Evils of Man until the first appears. Goetia's system exists as well, but if its foiled by Lev's suicide before 2015 (which is what happens in CT2015, Mr. Flauros dies in 2014), then Goetia doesn't manifest into an Evil of Man, Tiamat isn't unleashed, etc, etc, etc.

The Alien God then, if you work under my hypothesis, would not be awakened in a timeline where Lev doesn't awaken and toss Olga into CHALDEAS.
    No I get what you mean, but my point is that it is entirely possible for this alien god entity to NOT use Beast VII as its vessel and still can arrive. My impression was that it looks for the strongest available vessels on Earth that it could feasibly get and go with that vessel, hence why it chose to target ORT next once it learnt that ORT's is stronger.

For thematic reasons, I think it can also be reversal of Goetia. Goetia is a Beast who used the body of someone not a Beast (Solomon). Alien god is someone who isn't a Beast but masquerading as Beast VII (for now).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Yeah. Also Salem and Traum are singularities existed in 2017 within the exact same country, just that one is on the West and one is on the East.

No I get what you mean, but my point is that it is entirely possible for this alien god entity to NOT use Beast VII as its vessel and still can arrive. My impression was that it looks for the strongest available vessels on Earth that it could feasibly get and go with that vessel, hence why it chose to target ORT next once it learnt that ORT's is stronger.

For thematic reasons, I think it can also be reversal of Goetia. Goetia is a Beast who used the body of someone not a Beast (Solomon). Alien god is someone who isn't a Beast but masquerading as Beast VII (for now).
    I feel like that doesn't really work mostly because when it manifests, it obviously has the designation of Beast VII, but the physical vessel is fucked up and too weak, and that's the reason it even has to look for another one in the first place. And then it puts Kirei on scouting duty to find the next best thing. The actual vessel was the tree, and it was obviously supposed to be the tree before Kirsch fucked it up. I'm 100% betting that the Beast designation carries over between physical vessels here. If it didn't, I feel like Independent Manifestation itself wouldn't make much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    It obviously is, but only to 'some extent' (especially Shimousa turned out to be quite significant for later developments even if the rest of them haven't). Personally I see it more as the epilogue to Part 1. (Part 1.5 if you will)

Nasu clearly wants you to draw a direct connection to Part 2 and the start of Part 1 (Moonlight Lostroom). The Prologue spends a lot of time going back and talking about things that happened as a result of the Lev attack (most directly; the Crypters).
    So far Moonlight Lostroom amounts only to... Mrs. Crane? It honestly didn't do much besides establishing vague foreshadowing and connections. In contrast, every theme in Epic of Remnant has been directly connected to the main plot of Part 2 in one way or another.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I feel like that doesn't really work mostly because when it manifests, it obviously has the designation of Beast VII, but the physical vessel is fucked up and too weak, and that's the reason it even has to look for another one in the first place. And then it puts Kirei on scouting duty to find the next best thing. The actual vessel was the tree, and it was obviously supposed to be the tree before Kirsch fucked it up. I'm 100% betting that the Beast designation carries over between physical vessels here. If it didn't, I feel like Independent Manifestation itself wouldn't make much sense.
    I'm pretty sure a second-planet-class vessel who can conjure blackholes is not weak. As Kirei said, it received no damage at all after Kirsch attack and the reason it looked for another vessel was because someone dare to attack it.

Quote Originally Posted by LB5.2
    神父:無論、何の傷にもなり得なかった。『異星の神』の薄皮一枚さえ斬れてはいない。ただ、『攻撃してくる ものがいた』事に、『異星の神』は考えを改めた。
    It is for this reason, that someone could still oppose it, that it had Kirei seek out other potential threats, and he found ORT and Rhongo that caught the alien god attention.

Also if the alien god is indeed the soul of CHALDEAS, I don't seen why it cannot inhabit another saint graph of different class by transferring its soul there. Ind Manifestation wouldn't make sense only if your premise is the alien god = Beast, which is what I'm current doubting.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It honestly didn't do much besides establishing vague foreshadowing and connections.
    I mean at that point you might just say the whole thing doesn't matter, at which point you've so fully negated the ability to talk about it that it might as well not have been made.

So why was it made, and aired on the day Part 2 started? For funsies?

Blog Entries
    You claimed the Foreigner subplot is mainly disconnected from Part 2 because supposedly it must be foreshadowed in Moonlight Lostroom first to be more relevant. I'm just saying that Epic of Remnant is just as relevant if not even more so to the Lostbelt main plot than Moonlight Lostroom is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You claimed the Foreigner subplot is mainly disconnected from Part 2 because supposedly it must be foreshadowed in Moonlight Lostroom first to be more relevant. I'm just saying that Epic of Remnant is just as relevant if not even more so to the Lostbelt main plot than Moonlight Lostroom is.
    Making that equivalence is so weak. Foreigners were introduced in Salem and have barely been mentioned since in the Main Plot. The stuff mentioned in Moonlight Lostroom is all over the Main Plot all the time. Calling it vague connections and foreshadowing is just outright lying.

The stuff I've brought up here is based on things found all over the script, from both Part 1 and 2. While the stuff about Foreigners is practically contained to one chapter that isn't even needed to play Part 2.

Blog Entries
    While the stuff about Foreigners is practically contained to one chapter that isn't even needed to play Part 2.
    This is also a lie and you know it.