Page 3719 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 271932193619366937093714371737183719372037213724372937693819 ... LastLast
Results 74,361 to 74,380 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Just realized drill-man made a video on the subject we discussed as well. Uploaded a few hours ago.

Very interesting video.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quick summary of Drill's points in this video:

• "E": What does the part of Subject E's name stand for? Some people thought it was "Earth" but that seems out of the picture. The Subject was named before it was even transported to Area 51. Given the German motif ("Traum") of 6.5, it probably stands for "Eins", "First" in german.
    • The identity of the "Trees" in Bluebooks world: He assumes here a few things from his previous videos. 1. CHALDEAS is Bluebook's world; 2. Olga when thrown in CHALDEAS was split into three parts: her soul, her mind and her body; corresponding to: the Alien God, the Priestess, and Subject E; 3. Olga took up the functions of the empty "blackbox" part of CHALDEAS, giving it "real form". With this, the matter of the alien attack is simple. In revenge for her body being tortured, Olga "deleted" the lifeforms in Bluebook's world as befitting of a God. This is her authority as CHALDEAS itself.
    • The Bleaching: Then what of the process of the Bleaching? <<TsukiR Spoilers>>Perhaps it is related to the Event Storage from Tsukihime Remake. The Authority given to the planet's stand-ins; the True Ancestors. This allows Arcueid to "restore the planet to its default state" and it even resembles the Psuedo-Blackholes employed by UOG. In essence, Olga has become close to something like "TYPE:CHALDEAS", and her Authority allowed her to "default" CHALDEAS in Bluebooks world.
    • Correspondence Magecraft Theory: The notion of Correspondence as explained in Case Files 0 is brought up. Magecraft can utilize this property to tie concept to one another. By Flat calling Waver a dumb nickname, that won't change anything about Waver, but it will create "information" that the nickname corresponds to him, and now the nickname and Waver are linked, even if not directly. Much like in the extra Rail Zeppelin story (with Pretender), one can forcibly create correspondence to create connections between things that shouldn't be ordinarily connected. This is partially how CHALDEAS works, and the same goes for the Fantasy Trees. Perhaps the creator of the Fantasy Trees tried to correspond the galaxies they're named after to give connect them to the real world. Taking something fictional and proving its existence by corresponding them with the real cosmos.
    • 100 year gap: In 2016, CHALDEAS "proves" by observing that 100 years from now, the future doesn't exist (Bluebook's world). This means that after 2016 onwards the future is gone. After the Incineration, this "certainty" is removed, but once Human Order is restored, it nonetheless returns to its proper course. CHALDEAS once again has its lights return, meaning it starts calculating 100 years into the future, and after the one year, once again comes to the same conclusion as it did in 2016.
    • Tsuki no Sango: In Tsuki no Sango, the Moon Maiden was created to serve as a "brain" for Earth, which only had a soul and body. The imagery employed in Moonlight Lostroom and Tsuki no Sango for Olga and the Moon Maiden is very similar. Basically, Olga is the "Brain of Chaldeas". This is also similar to BB in the Fate/EXTRA CCC event.
    • Contradictions of 2016: Here he starts talking about how Olga being consumed into CHALDEAS created a different timeline from the one where the Incineration took place. In her timeline, Olga's future eventually headed onto the same as Bluebook's (they're the same). But even if they're different, they still have the same result, because of Doreamon and Stein's Gate (?????????). He uses Babbage's statement from Traum (how even if the Incineration is stopped, 2017 and beyond is gone) as well as the Chaldean's warning (how the future cannot be changed) as additional proof.
    • Fuyuki: If you want to stop the Bleaching, all you'd have to do is stop Marisbury from activating CHALDEAS. To do this you need to prevent him from winning the Holy Grail War.
    • Area 51's corridor: Thinking back to Correspondence, the reason why the corridor is important is perhaps because its there to create Correspondence between our world, and Bluebook's. Kadoc has a brief reaction where he seems to recognize the corridor, and that might have something to do with his resurrection... but that's all for now, look forward to next video.
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 11th, 2022 at 09:04 AM.

I'm on my phone right now so can't go and get explicit lines, but about Olga "defaulting" the state of the world: I'm PRETTY sure that in the part 2 prologue video, Goetia at one point says something along the lines of "a planet returned to its starting point", so that definitely sounds right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Interesting analysis all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    • Contradictions of 2016: Here he starts talking about how Olga being consumed into CHALDEAS created a different timeline from the one where the Incineration took place. In her timeline, Olga's future eventually headed onto the same as Bluebook's (they're the same). But even if they're different, they still have the same result, because of Doreamon and Stein's Gate (?????????). He uses Babbage's statement from Traum (how even if the Incineration is stopped, 2017 and beyond is gone) as well as the Chaldean's warning (how the future cannot be changed) as additional proof.
    Probably referring to no matter which choice was made, the future/result will remain unchanged.

• Fuyuki: If you want to stop the Bleaching, all you'd have to do is stop Marisbury from activating CHALDEAS. To do this you need to prevent him from winning the Holy Grail War.
    Wouldn't that require time travel? A True Magic? Wonder how they would pull that off.

- - - Updated - - -

And if they managed to pull that off, there won't be any Chaldea, and the events all the way from Part 1 will be erased.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I'd never have thought that Doraemon will be used as reference.

JP Friend Code
    Quick summary of Drill's points in this video:

• "E": What does the part of Subject E's name stand for? Some people thought it was "Earth" but that seems out of the picture. The Subject was named before it was even transported to Area 51. Given the German motif ("Traum") of 6.5, it probably stands for "Eins", "First" in german.
    • The identity of the "Trees" in Bluebooks world: He assumes here a few things from his previous videos. 1. CHALDEAS is Bluebook's world; 2. Olga when thrown in CHALDEAS was split into three parts: her soul, her mind and her body; corresponding to: the Alien God, the Priestess, and Subject E; 3. Olga took up the functions of the empty "blackbox" part of CHALDEAS, giving it "real form". With this, the matter of the alien attack is simple. In revenge for her body being tortured, Olga "deleted" the lifeforms in Bluebook's world as befitting of a God. This is her authority as CHALDEAS itself.
    • The Bleaching: Then what of the process of the Bleaching? Perhaps it is related to the Event Storage from Tsukihime Remake. The Authority given to the planet's stand-ins; the True Ancestors. This allows Arcueid to "restore the planet to its default state" and it even resembles the Psuedo-Blackholes employed by UOG. In essence, Olga has become close to something like "TYPE:CHALDEAS", and her Authority allowed her to "default" CHALDEAS in Bluebooks world.
    • Correspondence Magecraft Theory: The notion of Correspondence as explained in Case Files 0 is brought up. Magecraft can utilize this property to tie concept to one another. By Flat calling Waver a dumb nickname, that won't change anything about Waver, but it will create "information" that the nickname corresponds to him, and now the nickname and Waver are linked, even if not directly. Much like in the extra Rail Zeppelin story (with Pretender), one can forcibly create correspondence to create connections between things that shouldn't be ordinarily connected. This is partially how CHALDEAS works, and the same goes for the Fantasy Trees. Perhaps the creator of the Fantasy Trees tried to correspond the galaxies they're named after to give connect them to the real world. Taking something fictional and proving its existence by corresponding them with the real cosmos.
    • 100 year gap: In 2016, CHALDEAS "proves" by observing that 100 years from now, the future doesn't exist (Bluebook's world). This means that after 2016 onwards the future is gone. After the Incineration, this "certainty" is removed, but once Human Order is restored, it nonetheless returns to its proper course. CHALDEAS once again has its lights return, meaning it starts calculating 100 years into the future, and after the one year, once again comes to the same conclusion as it did in 2016.
    • Tsuki no Sango: In Tsuki no Sango, the Moon Maiden was created to serve as a "brain" for Earth, which only had a soul and body. The imagery employed in Moonlight Lostroom and Tsuki no Sango for Olga and the Moon Maiden is very similar. Basically, Olga is the "Brain of Chaldeas". This is also similar to BB in the Fate/EXTRA CCC event.
    • Area 51's corridor: Thinking back to Correspondence, the reason why the corridor is important is perhaps because its there to create Correspondence between our world, and Bluebook's. Kadoc has a brief reaction where he seems to recognize the corridor, and that might have something to do with his resurrection... but that's all for now, look forward to next video.
    Still no explanation for E-kun in Traum tho. All theories by far use Olga and 2016 as the starting point. I am still waiting for a theory which convincingly ties 1917 to 2016/17.

But the Correspondence magecraft gave me some ideas. Perhaps it was used to tie Traum's E to 2016 E (Olga), and that was the key link rather than the trees. The question remains is whether Traum's E is indeed an alien lifeform that fall to real Earth in 1917, and if so is it still alive (and what is it doing now) or already dead on that table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Still no explanation for E-kun in Traum tho. All theories by far use Olga and 2016 as the starting point. I am still waiting for a theory which convincingly ties 1917 to 2016/17.

But the Correspondence magecraft gave me some ideas. Perhaps it was used to tie Traum's E to 2016 E (Olga), and that was the key link rather than the trees. The question remains is whether Traum's E is indeed an alien lifeform that fall to real Earth in 1917, and if so is it still alive (and what is it doing now) or already dead on that table.
    I posted this idea the other day on the Traum thread, maybe it could be rework a little with the concept of Correspondence Magecraft to explain Traum's E
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Was thinking, what if after getting shot and nearly death Bluebook got rayshifted to our Earth 1917, you know that with rayshift you fall down from the sky so he would have look like as an alien crashing down, then he is taken and experimented for a 100 years till all that remains of him on Area 51 is forced by the Alien God to create the singularity on 2017. Part of what makes me think is that didn't Guda dream with Bluebook's memories on some sections? Like how they connect with a servant dreams sometimes, but this time with Bluebook if we assume he was the master of the singularity.
    Meanwhile the Specimen E from Bluebook's account is the Olga that fell down inside Chaldeas on 2016 and got experimented also for a 100 years till she got the power to bleach the Earth. Trying to think why send Bluebook outside and what if the creation of a "specimen E outside Chaldeas" was to served as an anchor for the "specimen E inside Chaldeas" and so with the existence verify, do the swap during the invasion. Basically the whole purpose of this singularity was just to preserve the body of "Specimen E" so it keeps serving as an anchor for the other E (at least till U-Olga got her body in Olympus).

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Wouldn't that require time travel? A True Magic? Wonder how they would pull that off.

- - - Updated - - -

And if they managed to pull that off, there won't be any Chaldea, and the events all the way from Part 1 will be erased.
    Goetia's plan was compared to the Fifth Magic IIRC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    I don't think the story is backward like that. Rather, I think Traum's E is the beginning of it all, and its "history" was somehow being used to "define" the event of 2016's E. If E always exist down that basement in Area 51 then I don't think the singularity is required for it to act as an anchor.

Blog Entries
    You know, 1917 is also the year where H. P. Lovecraft became an active writer of his cosmic horror mythos, so there's also that I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Lovecraft in TMverse is apparently a dimension-travelling gentlemen, I would guess there's something more to him than what was revealed in Salem.

JP Friend Code
    I think the better way is to stop the party which helped him created Chaldeas. We knew from Lostroom mats that CHALDEAS was transferred from "XXXXXXX" to the Chaldea base. Find whoever or whatever that party is and shut them down, or ask that party about the inner workings of its creation. And yes time travel to fix things is not something we can do, since it will just create another timeline. To change that course on our timeline you will need to break the timelock.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He actually explains the Doraemon and Steins;Gate thing in excruciating detail in the video, I just don't think it was very convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    You know, 1917 is also the year where H. P. Lovecraft became an active writer of his cosmic horror mythos, so there's also that I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Lovecraft in TMverse is apparently a dimension-travelling gentlemen, I would guess there's something more to him than what was revealed in Salem.
    Lovecraft can be connected to sherlock quite easily. He wrote for houdini and houdini had a falling out with Arthur conan doyle over houdini revealing charlatans

Blog Entries
    Yeah, despite their contrasting genres, the Sherlock Holmes verse and the Cthulhu Mythos has been subject to crossover fictions for decades. There's even a niche boardgame in Japan called "Holmes vs Cthulhu" based on one of the stories included in the fanfiction anthology Shadows Over Baker Street. I honestly wouldn't mind if TM decided to go full Doctor Who with Holmes lore.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I think the better way is to stop the party which helped him created Chaldeas. We knew from Lostroom mats that CHALDEAS was transferred from "XXXXXXX" to the Chaldea base. Find whoever or whatever that party is and shut them down, or ask that party about the inner workings of its creation. And yes time travel to fix things is not something we can do, since it will just create another timeline. To change that course on our timeline you will need to break the timelock.
    So if I read it right, in order to break/revoke the timelock we're gonna need to create a Singularity on purpose? Although there's already existing one that's close to that moment; Singularity F.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Lovecraft can be connected to sherlock quite easily. He wrote for houdini and houdini had a falling out with Arthur conan doyle over houdini revealing charlatans
    IIRC Arthur Conan Doyle himself around the year 1917 became involved in some shady New Age occult stuffs.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's not a very happy story, he was already kinda into the occult, but he got into it in a really big way after his son and his brother were both killed during World War I
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Speaking of Singularity, I just thought of theory that may have already been brought up in the past, but I'd like to share nonetheless.

CMIIW, but my theory is under assumption that Rayshifting is basically projecting Masters' existences/souls into Chaldeas where Singularities occur to correct it. If that's the case, and according to other theories that were discussed, does that mean Lostbelts are Singularities inside Chaldeas that had been projected to the real world that progress into the present?

-Goetia used Holy Grails to sustain his Singularities, and the Fantasy Trees also give out Holy Grails after they're pruned.
    -Douman planted the seed into Heian-Kyo Singularity, and turned it into Lostbelt, which would mean he's going to project a present that is a follow-up of the Heian-Kyo in that Singularity, to the real world.

This seems too relevant for me to ignore. But then there's this dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow's Inn Prologue
    Da Vinci: ...It looks like you're serious about this. It's actually possible to Rayshift with this Command Room?
    Sion: Definitely. Even without Chaldeas, it is possible to Rayshift as long as we have Trismegistus and Sheba.
    Sion: And since my Paper Moon can stand in for Sheba, we should not have an issue.
    Sion: There is a limit to how far back we can go, as we do not have the capacity to verify existences as effectively as Chaldeas.
    Which kinda render my theory moot since I thought Singularities could only occur inside Chaldeas. Where did they observe the Singularities in Part 2 again?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Calling it now Specimen E is actually one of those plant aliens from Xiclotl. And they will be relevant in LB7 becuz it has dense forest environment like on their home planet.

JP Friend Code
    So if I read it right, in order to break/revoke the timelock we're gonna need to create a Singularity on purpose? Although there's already existing one that's close to that moment; Singularity F.
    To break the timelock, you can try the Goetia method, or cause an event so drastic at that lock to force it to change. So far no one was able to change a lock one it is set, because pruning follows right afterwards. Goetia did not need to change any locks, he tried to destroy all of them to make the whole human history collapse.

Once the locks are in, you can only change events between the 2 locks, that's why Archimedes was trying so hard to make Velber invade Moon Cell before the next lock, and also why I thought stopping Chaldeas from being created, or getting delivered to Marisbilly, is a more feasible method. Because I have a feeling that "him winning the HGW happens in Fuyuki in 2004" is a quantum timelock.