Page 3728 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 272832283628367837183723372637273728372937303733373837783828 ... LastLast
Results 74,541 to 74,560 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Talking about From Lostbelt, I still don't understand who is the person seeing dream about Marisbury and Olga here:
    Spoiler:

Is that Wodime? That isn't Olga as he/she misses side braid and loli Olga is in his/her dream.
    That's just Olga dreaming, check her crossed bangs are the same and you have a couple other shots like in the very first page of her without her side braid when she's not on her daily clothes but on pajamas (presumably she undoes the braid to go to sleep 'cause why whould she want to sleep with that on). The very follow up page to the one you posted has this same person waking up and saying "No, this isn't a dream. I came to Chaldea as the new Director. As Father's replacement..." and the design is clearly Olga.
    The real question from that chapter is was Olga lily a product of adult Olga's delusion and mental collapse or the Alien God watching her all along?

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    I mean, Goredolf's whole point was that they couldn't let another director die, if both of them were swapped and the same story happened, one would still be gimped in terms of character while the other gets to go on. Because really, he feels like an actual character in GO while Olga was just a plot device to give the story stakes.

I have no issues with her getting a do over but it's funny how they have gone outside of GO to make her more likeable.
    Fundamentally its this weird state where we have to ignore the fact that basically chaldea never acknowledged her for most of part 1 and epic of remnant post her death. Like i remember before part 2 or whatever i found it strange no one ever cared or investigated the whole eternal death thing, even just from a pragmatic angle of "could she be spoiling chaldeas"/"fucking something up"

So it seems contrived they care when in all honesty it would be easier and more sensible to characterize chaldea crew as callously not giving a shit from lack of mentions.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    To be fair, the only one that had even entertained the likelihood that she might survive was Guda, while the rest just shrugged it off as she's simply dead.

If I survived, then maybe the Director...

But then Grand Order happened, and things that follow forced them to go along with the flow. They might forget about it after carrying through many Singularities, but deep down they'll always feel guilty for her demise and keep going partially motivated by that guilt.

Then Part 2 Prologue happened, their trauma's triggered by Goredolf plea, and in effect causing her to return to the picture, but not in person. And then it came to a head in Olympus with Alien God's reveal.

Basically, it's really personal for Guda.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post

To be fair, she's a bitch mostly to Fujimaru, who is entirely in the wrong in their situation.
    If we go by the game, MC was roped to Chaldea and had no idea what was going on at all. So while Olga has the right to be a bitch to MC who was late for meeting, the whole of Chaldea is at fault for not briefing the guy. Besides, from the small chats we get from the Chaldea crew, it seems Olga was a bitch to them as well due to her being the boss. While stuff with no magic background can sympathize with her, those who has magic background think lowly of her.

Outside materials expanding Olga is no help for players of FGO to like her. If she is given time to grow as a character and gets killed half way, then yeah, she can be likable and be mourned. Just like how I would feel sad when they eventually kill off Goredolf since we have been given time to show the good and bad of the guy.

In addition, I cannot take her seriously with that stupid outfit, looks and personality no matter how hard Nasu tries to show how powerful she is. It might mean something if she reverts back to powerless when Alien God body hops to ORT's, but we have only 1 LB left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    To be fair, the only one that had even entertained the likelihood that she might survive was Guda, while the rest just shrugged it off as she's simply dead.

If I survived, then maybe the Director...

But then Grand Order happened, and things that follow forced them to go along with the flow. They might forget about it after carrying through many Singularities, but deep down they'll always feel guilty for her demise and keep going partially motivated by that guilt.

Then Part 2 Prologue happened, their trauma's triggered by Goredolf plea, and in effect causing her to return to the picture, but not in person. And then it came to a head in Olympus with Alien God's reveal.

Basically, it's really personal for Guda.
    It is personal for Guda and Mashu as they see it as their personal failure, which is why they went back to get Goredolf. However, players don't really 'get' that and nobody seems to care after Olga died. Either the Chaldea crew are callous, or something is at work diverting attention away. If the crew are just callous, it goes against Fou's kind people of Chaldea, so it might be the latter.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what her life goal would be now when Lev is dead and gone (and I assume his death is a QTL if a timeline is to survive).
    Since all I remember about her in Prologue is obsession with Lev, and Fate likes to keep that for characters' traits.

As for Animusphere, yes, although I just remembered again that Holmes failed to research Animusphere after 2 years (he said he will do it right after Alien God's advent) and "died" without explaining anything. I hope Kadoc will find something in his place at least.
    She wasn't obsessed with Lev, save for the fact that he was the one person she trusted. Her main drive was gaining acknowledgement and proving that she could follow in her father's footsteps as Director, and I suspect that she was isolated specifically to leave her with a craving for the approval of others.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post

In addition, I cannot take her seriously with that stupid outfit, looks and personality no matter how hard Nasu tries to show how powerful she is. It might mean something if she reverts back to powerless when Alien God body hops to ORT's, but we have only 1 LB left.

It is personal for Guda and Mashu as they see it as their personal failure, which is why they went back to get Goredolf. However, players don't really 'get' that and nobody seems to care after Olga died. Either the Chaldea crew are callous, or something is at work diverting attention away. If the crew are just callous, it goes against Fou's kind people of Chaldea, so it might be the latter.
    "in order to like olga you have to read this manga you didnt know existed if you werent a giga fan" Just gives me wow flashbacks, where one big problem is they shit in books instead of the game lmao, and honestly the alien preistess or alien preistess derived look would work so well for olga, and they made her look like a touched up deviantart OC

On the latter point, Fundamentally if they make it the latter the issue will still go back to something like "we have all these characters who do know, why didnt they do anything

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    "in order to like olga you have to read this manga you didnt know existed if you werent a giga fan" Just gives me wow flashbacks, where one big problem is they shit in books instead of the game lmao, and honestly the alien preistess or alien preistess derived look would work so well for olga, and they made her look like a touched up deviantart OC

On the latter point, Fundamentally if they make it the latter the issue will still go back to something like "we have all these characters who do know, why didnt they do anything
    The most puzzling thing is TM manages to make the Crypters san Mr Gut likeable despite the short screen time they have. If I don't go and dig for the mangas and novels, I sure as hell won't like Olga. Even when I do read them, I'm more puzzled when they can't just give one or two chapters way back to develop Olga before killing her.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post

My assumption is that for part 1 they were busy with the Incineration, and with 1.5 they were tied up covering Guda's ass before the inspectors showed up.

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I might be in the minority here, but the FGO prologue really endeared Olga to me, even as limited as it is. She's basically a giant bundle of anxiety that's desperately struggling to maintain an illusion of composure, and usually failing. The type who, even if what's she's saying is worthwhile, still manages to fuck it up because she's bad at talking with people. Not tsundere, but instead a disaster of a person.

Thinking about it, she kind of reminds me of Tomoko from Watamote. Olga puts enormous effort into being the ideal director, but her insecurities color her perception of that role and the interactions she has with her coworkers, resulting in her constantly shooting herself in the foot. She also has that ironic audacity to say some deeply undignified things out loud when staying quiet would make her look better. Loudly exclaiming that you can't bear the burden of 47 lives and that you wish your father figure was with you is not the best response to your subordinate commending you for prioritizing people's lives over your personal reputation.

She and early Kadoc resemble each other quite a bit in their insecurity, which is probably why I like them both. The key difference being that Kadoc's insecurity stems from nothing being expected from him, while Olga's stem from having expectations thrust upon her that she's in no way ready for.

Of course, her likeability is also greatly helped by the fact that she consistently looks out for others despite how rude she is about it. She phrases it as a concern that (Your) inexperience is going to mess things up, but she still directs the staff to get you basic training when apparently no one else thought it was a priority. Despite clearly being shocked when she hears Lev has "died", her immediate first thought is to ask about the wellbeing of the rest of the staff. She's a nag about it, but once she realizes (You) have no idea what's going on in the singularity, she immediately makes it priority #1 to get you up to speed.

Olga is a nice mix of competent and incompetent. She's actually pretty good at her job, but boy does she make it look like she isn't.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant Passerby View Post
    I might be in the minority here
    it's nice to hear that you are enjoying FGO story like other casual players.

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    it's nice to hear that you are enjoying FGO story like other casual players.
    It certainly has it's peaks and valleys, but I'd assume anyone participating in this thread has at least a few things they appreciate about FGO's narrative.

If we go by the game, MC was roped to Chaldea and had no idea what was going on at all. So while Olga has the right to be a bitch to MC who was late for meeting, the whole of Chaldea is at fault for not briefing the guy.
    The MC was late for the briefing itself.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I might be in the minority here, but the FGO prologue really endeared Olga to me, even as limited as it is. She's basically a giant bundle of anxiety that's desperately struggling to maintain an illusion of composure, and usually failing. The type who, even if what's she's saying is worthwhile, still manages to fuck it up because she's bad at talking with people. Not tsundere, but instead a disaster of a person.

Thinking about it, she kind of reminds me of Tomoko from Watamote. Olga puts enormous effort into being the ideal director, but her insecurities color her perception of that role and the interactions she has with her coworkers, resulting in her constantly shooting herself in the foot. She also has that ironic audacity to say some deeply undignified things out loud when staying quiet would make her look better. Loudly exclaiming that you can't bear the burden of 47 lives and that you wish your father figure was with you is not the best response to your subordinate commending you for prioritizing people's lives over your personal reputation.

She and early Kadoc resemble each other quite a bit in their insecurity, which is probably why I like them both. The key difference being that Kadoc's insecurity stems from nothing being expected from him, while Olga's stem from having expectations thrust upon her that she's in no way ready for.

Of course, her likeability is also greatly helped by the fact that she consistently looks out for others despite how rude she is about it. She phrases it as a concern that (Your) inexperience is going to mess things up, but she still directs the staff to get you basic training when apparently no one else thought it was a priority. Despite clearly being shocked when she hears Lev has "died", her immediate first thought is to ask about the wellbeing of the rest of the staff. She's a nag about it, but once she realizes (You) have no idea what's going on in the singularity, she immediately makes it priority #1 to get you up to speed.

Olga is a nice mix of competent and incompetent. She's actually pretty good at her job, but boy does she make it look like she isn't.
    In my case I didn't care for her much at first, but after a while she came to grow on me to the point where she's one of my favorite human characters in the game so far.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    And then fell asleep during said briefing.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Olga reveal was the moment the Alien God plotline became good.
    It was the moment that I no longer care about part 2 as a whole and just roll with w/e coming up because I lowered my expectation for it to zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    I have no issues with her getting a do over but it's funny how they have gone outside of GO to make her more likeable.
    I've seen all of her appearance outside of FGO and it still didn't help whatsoever.
    And that is unfortunate, because that's one of my least favorite character types (and that's also why I didn't care about Kadoc much).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Still find that part to be weird. Sure, MC was late for briefing, but wasn't it because of the mental exhaustion from that simulation where god knows who put him through, leaving him lying flat on the ground?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, the chatter from staff in 1.5 and beginnings of 2 seems to suggest she is NOT good at her job. The not magic staffs could sympathize with her, but the magic related staff thinks she should get off the seat and let someone else more suitable lead.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    The most puzzling thing is TM manages to make the Crypters san Mr Gut likeable despite the short screen time they have. If I don't go and dig for the mangas and novels, I sure as hell won't like Olga. Even when I do read them, I'm more puzzled when they can't just give one or two chapters way back to develop Olga before killing her.
    She should've die in London. Could even still be thrown into Chaldeas by Goetia.
    Would give her decent amount of screen time and also show the threat of Goetia.

Blog Entries
    She should've die in London. Could even still be thrown into Chaldeas by Goetia.
    Would give her decent amount of screen time and also show the threat of Goetia.
    Yeah. That way, not only can it show how dangerous Goetia is, it also can display how Chaldea is still around because Goetia doesn't classify them as threats. We will also be given three chapters to get to know Olga as well

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Tough to make suggestions, since knowing T-M there's probably some gigabrain move for why she was removed from the metaphorical gameboard so early on.

and that reason is so that you get supplemental characterization in Case Files, preparing you for her Alien God stuff
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Yeah if memory serves they were just left lying on the ground till mashu saw him

And on olga, even then if there is a gigabrain move, it still doesnt change the meta fact there isnt a lot of reason to care for her that doesnt feel weird like 'read x or y other thing' or 'presume they didnt care and then they did'