Page 3760 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 276032603660371037503755375837593760376137623765377038103860 ... LastLast
Results 75,181 to 75,200 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    lol fat xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really good Spotlight Lostbelt. They should have put Nobunaga as the commentator every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Minase on the CCCness
    It was intentional. I understand not every FGO player played CCC, but I knew building a general CCC flavor to the story would be inevitable if I wanted to write Jinako with Karna. Naturally, this is an unrelated event in an essentially separate world, but my fan mentality wishes that something remains connecting them together. It'd be devastating if they had to act like they never met each other. Measuring how much it was okay to retain was quite difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minase on the scene with Jinako leaving the cube
    One aspect where I didn't know how to measure what to retain was the word "Jinako". Her name was not used in my script. Karna said "Jinako Carigiri" once in the whole in-game script, and that one time was added by Nasu during his proofreading. That's what makes that namedrop so irreplicably special to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoi on the scene with Jinako leaving the cube
    That scene demolished me when I played it in the game. What got me wasn't really how my character Jinako got a nice big moment, but more about how her, the most human of normal humans, accomplished something amazing. And something no one else would have managed... I was moved to tears as player, not as an actress. Her shut-in tendencies becoming the special skill that saves the day hit me hard. Stories about what we assumed to be weaknesses becoming our greatest strenghts is what we need to cheer all people living in our present days.

And then everyone's efforts brought Karna, the true hero, back... I was really shocked when Karna died early into LB4. It hit me so bad that I considered dropping the chapter, but deep in my heart, I believed Karna would be back. I played the chapter on the mindset of doing what we can until Karna is back, so that brought me to tears. I love how the true hero makes everyone around him heroes too. The audience in my mental stadium was yelling Karna's name in choir. Karna! Karna! Karna!

Conversely, the more I'm attached to Jinako as a fan, the harder it gets for me to voice her. When I play videogames, I'm the kind who wants to forget I'm part of the cast, so when Jinako comes up, I need to read her as only one more character among the story's cast. But then, when I'm voicing her, the distance between me and Jinako changes completely. Normally it's easier to shift from my fan persona to my work persona, but when my emotions on the fan side get too strong, it becomes hard to tell if I'm feeling what I'm feeling as a player or as Jinako. But after this voicing section, I feel like I understand the story more deeply. Try voice acting at home, everyone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou on Pako's ideas
    Pako draws very easy to follow sketches of his character's attacks, and that makes my job so much easier. Karna's Noble Phantasm went through multiple revisions to make it easier on the eyes and almost didn't make it in time for LB4. Arjuna Alter's Noble Phantasm was initially planned to be just the side-scroller view + the face cut-in, but then we changed it into that low angle shot to make it look grander. A lot of improvements were made along the way. I remember working with him was a very creative and enjoyable experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pako on his characters
    As far as I can remember, it was specified that I had to make Asvattaman's weapon a chackram, but he looked like he'd use the chackram by punching it, so that's a tire. It had to be a tire! He turned to be smarter punk than I thought, so he can also use the chackram the normal way. Some time, most likely after getting the orders for Arjuna Alter, I thought that new Arjunas needed to be accompanied by new Karnas, so I sent them a version of Karna that commanded 3 talking bikes with multiple transformations that refused to obey him. I think they took pity on me and sent the request for Karna's costume, since they figured I wanted to draw him that much. I was completely serious about that idea at the time, but looking back now, I think my mind was just being consumed by exhaustion. Either way, Karna is adorable, as he is every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minase on Pepe faces
    His rich facial expression really sold his friendliness, making him one of my favorite characters. I believe all his expression were Pako's idea. I shuddered when I saw that one impactful face. His expressions alone convey his specialness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minase on Pepe having a lot of ... in his dialogue
    Most of the time, I was intentionally indicating Pepe was refraining from commenting. Pepe spends most of LB4 tagging along of with the protagonists, but his standing there is as one of the Crypters. Pepe is on the enemy side, and that's one thing he never forgets. No matter how much he grows to like the protagonist and Mash, he knows where to draw the line. You might forget Pepe is not your friend, but Pepe himself never will. That's the way he is. Also, Pepe's nature and abilities give him a more comprehensive view of every situation, many times allowing him to find the answer immediately, but considering his aforementioned position, he considers he shouldn't say it. It was a conscious decision to make him not speak his mind. That result in many instances of him just going "..." with an appropriate expression in a separate textbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawanishi on Pepe
    In I was first called for the role, I was shown illustrations and story drafts that made me expect an aloof character shrouded in mystery. What I got instead was a strong and kind person who cares a lot about the other Crypters. I got to voice many more times later, and with that got a better feel of his caring, anger, and sorrow, and now want him to stay a part of my life.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Good content, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

>tfw no rider karna
    canon finish apo vol 3

The concept for Rider Karna is pretty funny. I wonder where the idea came from, is there somewhere in the Mahabharata where he is said to have something like that or is that just the artist going crazy?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    a version of Karna that commanded 3 talking bikes with multiple transformations that refused to obey him
    Pako's brain is on another level

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Pako's brain is on another level
    This was the guy who said Thomas Edison with a lion's head made perfect sense to him. And you know what they say about the fine line between genius and madness.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; September 8th, 2022 at 06:58 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    We don't deserve him

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes4321 View Post
    The concept for Rider Karna is pretty funny. I wonder where the idea came from, is there somewhere in the Mahabharata where he is said to have something like that or is that just the artist going crazy?
    Rider Karna concept is a reference to Babel II.

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Because Servants are records or something.
    They're perfect clones being aware they're clones.
    That doesnt change what he said, fate often at this point treats memories of other summonings as the same person.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes4321 View Post
    Prob a reference to how his chariot got stuck in the mud during the final duel with Arjuna. Karna was desperately trying to unstuck the wheel got killed. His vehicles will not obey him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Prob a reference to how his chariot got stuck in the mud during the final duel with Arjuna. Karna was desperately trying to unstuck the wheel got killed. His vehicles will not obey him.
    A scene that is forever ruined in my mind because all I can ever think about is that one guy asking "is he masturbating to a wheel?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    I recall it was Laserman asking. It was interesting to see it from perspective of someone not familiar with the myth looking at a depiction of it and the first thing came to mind was THAT.

I recall it was Laserman asking. It was interesting to see it from perspective of someone not familiar with the myth looking at a depiction of it and the first thing came to mind was THAT.
    Nah it must've been someone else asking because it was followed by "kill yourself" and I highly doubt Laserman would ever say that lol

But yeah, it's up there with BL posts such as "Who the hell is Jason? That has to be the most non-greek name I've ever heard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Please, kill yourself. Is he masturbating to a wheel?
    My boy Laserman would never.

- - - Updated - - -

bl.txt2 when, mods?
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Laserman must have been quite the name around here.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Laserman is still around pretty much every day.

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post2581222

Can't believe the community came together like this (gotta scroll up just a bit)

Yeahhh, that was not me lol

- - - Updated - - -

The wheel is very cool for the record.

- - - Updated - - -

And so is that new bike, now I want Rider Karna.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Rider Karna is destined to fail because that's the curse.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    My boy Laserman would never.

- - - Updated - - -

bl.txt2 when, mods?
    I stand corrected, deep apologies to Laserman-kun.