Page 3763 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 276332633663371337533758376137623763376437653768377338133863 ... LastLast
Results 75,241 to 75,260 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Oh shit finally lol

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Okay, but /fgog/ is filled with sexist incels who make every thread either revolve around Sakurai somehow or about whether or not a female servant is bad for not belonging to them. They don't have a single good thread in the first place
    Ngl it feels like the boggart thing at times felt like nasu putting some of his interests in fgo yet again.

Like karen...

has anyone made a list of his suspected fetishes, outside of the extremely obvious two

I'd say the Muramasa cage scene where we literally buy him was more head turn inducing than Boggart

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Was it tho? Not saying it isn't, but potential NTR hasn't really being touched in FGO, so it does feel more noticeable when we put Lion Man here.
    Last edited by Delastogos; September 21st, 2022 at 08:40 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Ngl it feels like the boggart thing at times felt like nasu putting some of his interests in fgo yet again.

Like karen...

has anyone made a list of his suspected fetishes, outside of the extremely obvious two
    Even now I have yet to figure out any narrative reason for Boggart even being part of the story. Surely there were less contrived ways of introducing Habetrot and making the Black Barrel conveniently vanish?
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; September 22nd, 2022 at 12:04 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Matt's Husband was necessary for Woody to have a manners duel with a fellow furry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    Even now I have yet to figure out any narrative reason for Boggart even being part of the story. Surely there were less contrived ways of introducing Habetrot and making the Black Barrel conveniently vanish?
    What part of Boggart was contrived.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I don't understand how Guda not having the same mindset as Oberon connects to the my half hearted suggestion that if we're putting servants on The List™️ based off implications then Oberon would technically fall under it
    Because even by the definition you gave Oberon is pushing it. The thematic connections all appear to be contrived at best and at worst are shoehorned in ways that fall apart under even a cursory inspection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    What part of Boggart was contrived.
    In the sense that you could remove him (or at least the whole marriage subplot) from the plot completely with minimal consequences, to say nothing about how the whole marriage bit existed solely to fuel Nasu's NTR fetish. He could have merely appointed Mash as his champion and it would have had the exact same effect on the story with none of the unsavory implications.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Other could fit the bill, but the story hasn't very often tried to make it a love story of sorts as those i mentioned. My criteria could be wrong of course, as you've said, it's hard to measure it objectively.
    And thus you admit that your criteria are meaningless. As others have pointed out Mandricardo fits under said criteria perfectly and yet nobody claims he has a romantic interest in Guda. Why the inconsistency?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because Mandricardo is fairly explicitly a friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Because Mandricardo is fairly explicitly a friend
    You say that like it ever stopped anyone.

In the sense that you could remove him (or at least the whole marriage subplot) from the plot completely with minimal consequences, to say nothing about how the whole marriage bit existed solely to fuel Nasu's NTR fetish. He could have merely appointed Mash as his champion and it would have had the exact same effect on the story with none of the unsavory implications.
    What unsavory implications? That whole scene with Boggart trying to sleep with Mash existed solely to be a subversion of such subplots, so she shoves him away so hard he falls off the castle from several stories high and develops a fear of her physical touch, essentially nulling any interest he had in trying to have her as his bride, if you think "Nasu makes fun of NTR plots by having the super powerful heroine innocently defend herself" has some unsavory implications I'd love to hear what those are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Have the second part of these been translated yet?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockxas View Post
    What unsavory implications? That whole scene with Boggart trying to sleep with Mash existed solely to be a subversion of such subplots, so she shoves him away so hard he falls off the castle from several stories high and develops a fear of her physical touch, essentially nulling any interest he had in trying to have her as his bride, if you think "Nasu makes fun of NTR plots by having the super powerful heroine innocently defend herself" has some unsavory implications I'd love to hear what those are.
    That doesn't answer my question of why that whole bit even existed in the first place, and you're forgetting that Mash still accepted the marriage at all (which Nasu apparently didn't realize means that the NTR has already happened). What does it add to the story? What would be lost if it was removed?

And in any case, you can't make fun of NTR plots, you can only treat them with the cold contempt that they rightly deserve.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; September 22nd, 2022 at 01:03 AM.

That doesn't answer my question of why that whole bit even existed in the first place, and you're forgetting that Mash still accepted the marriage at all (which Nasu apparently didn't realize means that the NTR has already happened. What does it add to the story?
    We get to see how Mash reacts to the whole thing, she's so pure she thinks she could be a seductress that has bewitched Boggart, she seemed clueless but she reflexively defended herself from his advances, despite all the bad things about Boggart she saw the good and acted on it when she went to defend Norwich, it shows what kind of person Mash is even without her memories, but most importantly...

What would be lost if it was removed?
    Nasu wouldn't get to make fun of NTR plots, and he wanted to.

And in any case, you can't make fun of NTR plots, you can only treat them with the cold contempt that they rightly deserve.
    Nasu could and did it, and I'm here for it.

Because even by the definition you gave Oberon is pushing it. The thematic connections all appear to be contrived at best and at worst are shoehorned in ways that fall apart under even a cursory inspection.
    Cursory inspection liiiiiike? I honestly have no idea what you're getting at. You keep using so many words when in the end my mentioning him was basically "Oberon obviously cares for Guda even though he betrays them and goes out of his way to use an address he reserves for his most important concept for them twice". My criteria began and ended with "Character with a close enough relationship with Guda that has a romantic underlying to it even if the word love itself is not used". Your complaints are that "Oberon would never be able to be honest" (yeah we know, that's why people have to notice something as convoluted as a singular pronoun change in between him saying how much he hates helping), Guda not having the exact same twisted mindset as Oberon (as if Guda has always had the exact same feelings as most of the characters that have had a crush on them) and that he doesn't have the capacity to love anyone besides his idea of Titania (which while true, is also acknowledge as something he himself wouldn't be able to be honest about because there are several examples of him obviously caring about people in his life but he's obligated not to say it).

This convoluted, skeletal, generally unpleasant mess of a man is the closest to playerbait with a male character in the main story or events after 7 years which REALLY shows how much people attracted to men are grabbing for scraps. But I have no clue what exactly "completely falls apart" just for saying the word crush in regards to all this.

Edit: unless you thought that I was saying that Guda is literally just Oberon's new Titania which, no that wasn't what I was getting at. He'll have better luck buying a daki to fulfil all his fantasies.

- - - Updated - - -

You say that like it ever stopped anyone.
    It hasn't but also we're talking about crushes so even though Higashide seemed to not think too much about writing Mandricardo with a closer relationship to Guda than Charlotte despite giving them near identical character arcs in Atlantis, by the power of no homo the constant friend comments cancel it out
    Last edited by mami-kouga; September 22nd, 2022 at 03:11 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    It's good to make fun of self-inserters who are too invested in self-inserting and cannot realise that is a mobile game and not some serious business.
    And not just that but also self-inserters who like Mash (how can you even become invested in textbook Mary Sue?) to read that as "NTR" and not just funny plot about Beauty and the Beast or something.

I approve of Nasu here.

I would call Mash a lot of things but I wouldn't call her a Mary Sue. At her worse she's boring

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thinking the Boggart Arc was genuinely constructed as some sort of 'NTR commentary' is a symptom of internet brainrot. Please read more carefully.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Y'all have some real broad definitions of "having a crush" huh
    Talking about a community that typically views any amount of kindness as a pass to run the bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Please read more carefully.
    She is actually at her best when involved with felines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Talking about a community that typically views any amount of kindness as a pass to run the bases.

She is actually at her best when involved with felines.
    She's been involved with more than one?