Page 3771 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 277132713671372137613766376937703771377237733776378138213871 ... LastLast
Results 75,401 to 75,420 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Weird that Poseidon's the biggest, you'd think Zeus would be

- - - Updated - - -

Also I just realized Ares is the only Olympian (that we've seen) that's humanoid.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kadoc went to a brothel?

- - - Updated - - -

Also damn, I can't believe that Ares was the smallest Olympian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Miwa: For an Olympian god, Ares was surprisingly disrespected by his believers.
    Sakurai: Must have been a manlet.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Kadoc went to a brothel?
    I wonder what Caenis would have done to Kirsch if he did go?

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Miwa: For an Olympian god, Ares was surprisingly disrespected by his believers.
    Sakurai: Must have been a manlet.
    Napoleon really dodged a bullet there.

Ares got stuck in a jar for like 14 months by giants or whatever and the other gods didnt really try to get him out

It's not just worshippers...

Also replace worshippers with athenians

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Kadoc went to a brothel?
    Unknown. There is one scene of Beryl asking Aphrodite where Kadoc was and she answers “idk maybe he went to the automated brothel”. But that's all. There’s no explicit confirmation that any of the Crypters tried the Olympian fuck machines.

I personally think Kirschtaria is the only one who checked them out. Kadoc is too emotionally constipated to handle even an automated whore. Pepe and Beryl... maybe if the whores can be programmed to be Daybit and Mash.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Somehow the thought that Kirsch is interested in sex is tripping me out. Then again maybe he just wanted to be included in a...group?????? Activity?????????

To think that one of the main things Kirsch couldn't predict was that he has no friends.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Somehow the thought that Kirsch is interested in sex is tripping me out. Then again maybe he just wanted to be included in a...group?????? Activity?????????
    Makes Ophelia even more tragic when you think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Unknown. There is one scene of Beryl asking Aphrodite where Kadoc was and she answers “idk maybe he went to the automated brothel”. But that's all. There’s no explicit confirmation that any of the Crypters tried the Olympian fuck machines.

I personally think Kirschtaria is the only one who checked them out. Kadoc is too emotionally constipated to handle even an automated whore. Pepe and Beryl... maybe if the whores can be programmed to be Daybit and Mash.
    Ah okay, I figure Kadoc was still in the Linkin Park phase of mourning his waifu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Is it just me, or does Swirling Fount’s functionality and methodology as a magecraft sounds pretty 1:1 to runes? Discounting primordial runes, and beyond the intricacies of Greek gods and the history of runes, it sounds pretty similar to me. Of course, I know next to nothing of irl Greek mystics and runes beyond conventional cultural references, but I’m pretty curious of their systematic differences, beyond the obvious discrepancies.

Also, has Swirling Fount been mentioned before? I swear I’ve heard it once, just can’t remember the source.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    Also, has Swirling Fount been mentioned before? I swear I’ve heard it once, just can’t remember the source.
    Pre-2022 it was frequently translated as Spiral of the Root, but it was revamped to Fount in the Petrikow terminology overhaul to better accommodate the water source imagery always used in its descriptions and most importantly, not to lock the translators out of such a common use word as "root".

Pre-2022 it was frequently translated as Spiral of the Root, but it was revamped to Fount in the Petrikow terminology overhaul to better accommodate the water source imagery always used in its descriptions and most importantly, not to lock the translators out of such a common use word as "root".
    I see, thanks!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    Is it just me, or does Swirling Fount’s functionality and methodology as a magecraft sounds pretty 1:1 to runes? Discounting primordial runes, and beyond the intricacies of Greek gods and the history of runes, it sounds pretty similar to me. Of course, I know next to nothing of irl Greek mystics and runes beyond conventional cultural references, but I’m pretty curious of their systematic differences, beyond the obvious discrepancies.

I think I came up with it, but I've only used it once or twice.

I know its coming from me and all, but it's pretty cool, since 'fount' is usually used together with 'wisdom' in English speech (a fount of wisdom is the common collocation), while also tying in with the aqueous theme of 渦 (whirlpool).

People always forget that before the Zero anime when we called it the Swirl of Origin, smh.

And yeah, it's nice having terms that release you from using common words.
    Last edited by Petrikow; October 6th, 2022 at 03:29 PM.

easier than [ ]

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    easier than [ ]
    Different word.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mystery -> arcane is still the best change, not only because it frees me from looking for alternatives for the regular word "mystery" (which Nasu loves to use), but also because I no longer have to flip the grammar backward in 300 ways to accommodate how capital m Mystery is inflexibly a noun while 神秘 keeps being thrown around as a noun, adjective, adverb, or whatever the sentence flow sees fit. Translating Type-Moon has never been this comfortable.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Spotlight Lostbelt Olympus
    I was under the impression that Ares and GHB's sizes were more similar judging from the CGs.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    The in-game sprites really didn't do justice to Olympians. They're huge.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    There's being idealistic, and there's being too dumb to live. I seriously wonder if Kirschtaria ever interacted with another human being before or after that creepy kid so he could realize that intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with virtue. Really, all that would do would be to make the bad men into clever devils.

I'm almost certain I've used this analogy in the past, but I'll do it again anyway because I still think it holds. Giving humans as they are more intelligence and wisdom while doing absolutely nothing to address the fact that they spiritually are not prepared for being quasi-gods is akin to giving a monkey a loaded assault rifle: someone is going to be hurt and it's only funny if you're watching from a safe distance.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; October 6th, 2022 at 08:49 PM.

Maybe, but if emotional intelligence is included in that intelligence boost, then an increase in empathy is bound to have interesting effects.