Page 3781 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 278132813681373137713776377937803781378237833786379138313881 ... LastLast
Results 75,601 to 75,620 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Is this due to differences in copyright law or action by Agatha Christie's estate?
    International differences. In the UK it's 70 years after the author's death which as I said, expires in 2046 (until then, Christie's grandson controls the copyright). Whereas in America because the books predate 1978, the maximum copyright duration is 95 years from their date of publication which is why the first two novels and the first anthology of short stories have already entered public domain in America.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One of my favourite bits of trivia is that Irving Berlin lived long enough to see his early music go out of copyright
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Okay I just decided at looking at what went down with Traum, and I just realized

Nasu clearly knows about UBW Abridged, and apparently wanted to troll everyone for years just to hid the ridiculous implications of those stupid freaking puns.

B!ank of Human History my ass.
    Last edited by RootoftheDream; November 27th, 2022 at 02:26 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sheba's interlude leaves me with important questions like "How on earth did Izou borrow money from Herk?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Sheba's interlude leaves me with important questions like "How on earth did Izou borrow money from Herk?"
    By saying he was going to give the money to Illya so Herk folded /hj

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You may now view the beginnings of my personal theory thread (closed until complete). Now that's what I call moderator privilege.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Using your powers for good.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    Interesting that Specimen E and Subject E are actually spelled slightly differently in Japanese, I had just assumed it was slightly different translations of the same word.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    On the Petrikow's theory:

But more-so than that, the thing we see in Traum is not described in the same way as Subject E. And it doesn't look like the description either. In fact, it's shape is quite clear to us: it is human-looking
    The Specimen E is a twig which is lying on a table.
    The human looking corpse is Bluebook.

At least is was my assumption. Anyway, it wasn't said the corpse is Specimen E. And the twig is on the table for some reason.

Goetia burning down all of human history entails burning down all of its parallel worlds as well. There should be no possibility for any 2016 to exist
    Never was it said. And as far as it was said, the aftermath of Incineration affects FGO only. Many singularities did appear as a result, something that isn't being detected in every other Fate world.
    Why do you think Goetia did burn every world and not just FGO world/branch?

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Why do you think Goetia did burn every world and not just FGO world/branch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Type-Moon Ace April 2016
    Nasu: The Shiki in the event is the Shiki after the events of Kara no Kyoukai. But even if the characters of Kara no Kyoukai show up in the world of FGO, the whole city would’ve already been in ruins. But Shiki is special – she’s dead, but not quite. Her body had burned, but it’s yet to completely burn up. She’s there, just right before dying, asleep. The Ogawa Apartments that we see is the dream that Shiki is seeing. During the event, Shiki would say things like, “This is an awful nightmare,” or “I can’t wake up, so come with me,” and if she does wake up, she, like everyone else, would die out along with the time period she’s in. But if she doesn’t wake up, she’ll avoid the destruction of humanity as long as she’s in that dream, and she’ll be able to return to her original world.
    Emphasis mine. Shiki is from the KnK world, but had to fall into a dream to avoid the incineration. Ergo, KnK world was incinerated.

I'm fairly certain there are other tells in the text itself that I can't be bothered to look for right now, where the only ones who don't seem to have had their worlds incinerated are the ones who would effectively be coming from a different "trunk", as it were (i.e., prillya and prototype). Besides, if not all timelines are affected, it sort of breaks the concept of our timelines being fundamentally tied to the texture and human order. If Goetia only went back in a single world, even recreating all of existence within that one world, he'd just get pruned by the remaining universe. He needed to, and was going to, erase all​ of it to remake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Interesting that Specimen E and Subject E are actually spelled slightly differently in Japanese, I had just assumed it was slightly different translations of the same word.
    This is what I posted in the traum thread, if context around the translation is wanted (not that it's some big brain translation or anything, just something that makes a lot of sense).

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Quick TL note on Moriarty's last line there, about "Subject: E", mostly because I really don't remember if we already brought it up here.
    The JP word used here is "被検体:E". If you've been paying close attention, you'll know that Bluebook says something similar in earlier parts (LB1 outro, Atlantis intro), but what he says is "検体" (or "検体:E" when specific).
    検体 literally just means "specimen" or "sample" (in the scientific sense), while 被 is a thing you slap on words to make it an "-ee" word, as in, to show that it's "the target for an activity". That is why the English words chosen here are "specimen" and "subject" for Bluebook and Moriarty's mentions, respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    My understanding was that Goetia did incinerate a single branch (FGO world), to gather energy and perform a time travel.

Then, once he will return to the point of planet being formed, he will rewrite it, THEN destroying the whole history (by rewriting its starting point).

But since he was killed before he completed the spell, only FGO world was affected. I mean, otherwise, why do Singularities only appear in FGO? They are result of Incineration damaging the Human Order.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hard to say that when other stories aren't exactly being continued like FGO just to show off the reach of the Incineration. Besides, pretty sure the Prillya event implies that Goetia burnt a lot more than just GO things when Mash is asking where Illya came from and using specific terminology to guess at her situation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    You may now view the beginnings of my personal theory thread (closed until complete). Now that's what I call moderator privilege.
    Ask and you shall receive.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Hard to say that when other stories aren't exactly being continued like FGO just to show off the reach of the Incineration. Besides, pretty sure the Prillya event implies that Goetia burnt a lot more than just GO things when Mash is asking where Illya came from and using specific terminology to guess at her situation.
    I didn't see anywhere in the Prillya storyline saying anything about the Prillya world being incinerated. I mean there should be a Goetia in other timelines outside FGO trying to enact his ritual thing as well. For him to burn Prillya verse there would have to be a Prillya Goetia unless you're saying there is only one Goetia in the entire Nasuverse multiverse, but that's clearly not the case.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    I mean there should be a Goetia in other timelines outside FGO trying to enact his ritual thing as well.
    Goetia indeed does try to enact his incineration plan in all timelines, however it does not always come to fruition. In fact, it is kinda implied that only the Goetia of FGO mobile managed to get the plan going. Such as if the "Ancient I" being mentioned by Arcueid in MB is a reference to Goetia, then Goetia failed in Tsukihime long ago, probably due to the weaker human order (his grand plan has the exact same name as Aoko's Last Arc move). Meanwhile in Fate worlds, human order is strong and thus allow him to gather what is needed to do what he wants. And even still, if Lev kills himself in 2015 then his plan would also fail. His entire plan that has been carefully planned rely on a lot of factors, such as the demon gods being allowed to manifest in designated eras through the bloodlines of mages, Lev's decision in 2015 to even start. And not only that, he was rushing the plan most likely due to knowing the alien god is coming.
    For him to burn Prillya verse there would have to be a Prillya Goetia unless you're saying there is only one Goetia in the entire Nasuverse multiverse, but that's clearly not the case.
    Not necessarily. Beasts have Independent Manifestation which allows them to manifest in any timeline when a condition is met. Tiamat sent her Alter Ego to FGO arcade world to help fighting Beast VI/S using that power, even when it confused the hell out of the FGO Arcade Chaldea members who never met her b4. Proto Merlin arrives in FGO mobile world also through that skill, and Koyanskaya freely moves between alternate worlds. The manifestation seems to be able to overwrite the one in the destination universe even, like how Zepar downloaded CCC Kiara to FGO and overwritten FGO Kiara, or how worlds Sliding worked in the Moon Cell. So even if there is another Goetia, the most successful one aka FGO Goetia probably would overwrite the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Not necessarily. Beasts have Independent Manifestation which allows them to manifest in any timeline when a condition is met. Tiamat sent her Alter Ego to FGO arcade world to help fighting Beast VI/S using that power, even when it confused the hell out of the FGO Arcade Chaldea members who never met her b4. Proto Merlin arrives in FGO mobile world also through that skill, and Koyanskaya freely moves between alternate worlds. The manifestation seems to be able to overwrite the one in the destination universe even, like how Zepar downloaded CCC Kiara to FGO and overwritten FGO Kiara, or how worlds Sliding worked in the Moon Cell. So even if there is another Goetia, the most successful one aka FGO Goetia probably would overwrite the others.
    Yeah but that would mean he'd have to take the time to travel to that specified timeline in order to tamper with it directly. And it doesn't seem like he did things like that.
    It's not like Prillya verse is going to be incinerated as a direct result of FGO world being incinerated. It seemed to me like KnK was part of the FGO world which is why it got burned. At least for that specific event, it's clearly fanservice.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Yeah but that would mean he'd have to take the time to travel to that specified timeline in order to tamper with it directly. And it doesn't seem like he did things like that.
    It's not like Prillya verse is going to be incinerated as a direct result of FGO world being incinerated. It seemed to me like KnK was part of the FGO world which is why it got burned. At least for that specific event, it's clearly fanservice.
    He doesn't need to time travel to every single timeline, since his target is the multiverse system itself, namely the spacetime axis represented as the time tree and its core system - the Human Order Foundations, also known as the Quantum Time Locks. He sent his seven grails to 7 of these locks and caused enough chaos to the point the lock is destroyed. The locks are a constant across ALL timelines, keeping history of the era it locked constant and unchanging, because those are the foundations for all timelines to grow from. By targeting the locks, he doesn't even need to be present at any timelines or any history. It's like you only need to chop parts of the tree's roots and the whole tree along with its branches collapse. In fact, he only shows up in London singularity for the lulz, the chaos cause by his grails being given to people of the eras he sent them to are already enough to destroy every single locks, if it wasn't for Chaldea's interference.

Yeah but if you're talking about trees then Prillya clearly takes place in a different tree altogether. Same for worlds like Extra and Tsukihime. Extra's time-locks are ran by the Moon Cell and Tsukihime might not even have those sorts of mechanics? Same for Prillya which the author has stated has different rules.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Yeah but if you're talking about trees then Prillya clearly takes place in a different tree altogether. Same for worlds like Extra and Tsukihime. Extra's time-locks are ran by the Moon Cell and Tsukihime might not even have those sorts of mechanics? Same for Prillya which the author has stated has different rules.
    Well not quite, because we don't know the full extent of these timelines. Rules being a bit different in general has no real impact in the system, since the timelocks dictate only important events that happened which shape human history in a grand scale, everything else and every differences between timelines have zero impact on the matter, and that is why targeting them is a great move by Goetia. You don't need Prillya to have the same magecraft rules as FSN or FGO or Tsukihime for "Britain being doomed" or "Humans separate from the gods" to happen. Time locks being ran by Moon Cell is literally because of the fact that it gained administrative rights to the Earth, as "Type-Moon". Moon Cell existing or not didn't change the fact that "Sefar wiped the floor with the gods on Earth in 12.000 BCE". Tsukihime not mentioning the system doesn't mean it does not apply, as there was no instance of it being any relevant over there as oppose to Extella or FGO. Saying with confidence that yeah they are all on different trees has the exact same weight as me saying they are on the same tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Well not quite, because we don't know the full extent of these timelines. Rules being a bit different in general has no real impact in the system, since the timelocks dictate only important events that happened which shape human history in a grand scale, everything else and every differences between timelines have zero impact on the matter, and that is why targeting them is a great move by Goetia. You don't need Prillya to have the same magecraft rules as FSN or FGO or Tsukihime for "Britain being doomed" or "Humans separate from the gods" to happen. Time locks being ran by Moon Cell is literally because of the fact that it gained administrative rights to the Earth, as "Type-Moon". Moon Cell existing or not didn't change the fact that "Sefar wiped the floor with the gods on Earth in 12.000 BCE". Tsukihime not mentioning the system doesn't mean it does not apply, as there was no instance of it being any relevant over there as oppose to Extella or FGO. Saying with confidence that yeah they are all on different trees has the exact same weight as me saying they are on the same tree.
    But there are some rather major differences even as far back, like Prillya's Pandora not opening the box in AoG. In Tsukihime you have CM cursing Human Order and the Ancestors some time in the past resulting in some major changes. What if you get worlds that just don't adhere to proper history? We can't be certain human history played out the same in those worlds as it did in FGO. Would that means those timelines are categorized as Lost Belts?

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III