Page 3786 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 278632863686373637763781378437853786378737883791379638363886 ... LastLast
Results 75,701 to 75,720 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Personally, I see it as a manifestation of Olga's subconscious resentment to her father, by vehemently denying him his dream with (literally) her whole being.

Anyone remembers how Pepe mentioned that he could start to see who was really pulling the strings back in LB5 when he talked with Kirsch about how the Siriuslight was actually meant to turn the Crypters into sacrifices? He also called the Alien Priestess U-chan. Kind of a shame he died without revealing anything.

Edit:

I read the whole theory in the GUT thread. It was pretty interesting, and I really appreciate that it uses Japanese text for the BAAN manga since the English translation might as well be a fanfic, but I feel like it's ignoring one very important part of the plot. Holmes' deduction about why he willingly joined the Alien God wasn't related to the Alien God's plan being a product of fiction. Holmes answered the Alien God's summon in the middle of the Incineration, before a fiction had been used to create a Texture to paint over the world. And the Alien God's plot being fiction also wouldn't explain why Holmes agreed to join the Alien God, he was very explicit in saying that he wasn't brainwashed or manipulated, and had to lobotomize himself to go against his "truth and logic over everything" personality in order to stick with Chaldea. I think what Holmes deduced was something more important: the fact that the timeline was already fucked. In that very same scene, Babbage said that 2016 shouldn't exist. Homles became an Apostle of the Alien God because there never was any 2016 to begin with.
    Last edited by rocohanda; December 8th, 2022 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Uh yeah, update on the theory or whatever

Somehow I am still not done... writing this all out is incredibly time-consuming.
    I cut this chapter short just so I could feel some level of satisfaction in having done something lately.
    Some random stuff I wanted to mention after reading:

1) How the hell did I never see the "command spells" on the Priestess' back?? I guess given that it's in the first CitL chapter it's not too surprising, but still.

2) Daybit has a couple other weird but ambiguous things in external materials: in his character materials, the artist comment reads:
    From the start, I was given a very detailed description of what Daybit should look like, so I got the design done on my second try (on the first try I misunderstood the prompt and sent in a wild man with his huge muscles exposed).
    which is interesting because for the other Crypters it sounds like they got a general description and went from there (Hinako's artist even drew Yu Meiren first, then Hinako), so why so very specific for Daybit?
    The other thing is in an interview long ago (Famitsu, 2019.10.05), someone asked this question:
    ――最後に個人的にお聞きしたかったことをうかがってもよろしいでしょうか。例えば、主人公が序章で生き残 らずにAチームの誰か1人が生き残っていた場合、人理はどうなっていたのでしょうか? 人理を修復できる人 材はAチームの中にいますか?
    For the last one, is it okay for me to ask my personal question? Say for example, if the protagonist didn't survive in the prologue, and someone from A-Team survived, what will happen to humanity? Is there anyone in A-Team who can successfully restore the Human Order?

奈須 2人ぐらいいる……たぶん、キリシュタリアかデイビット。でも、デイビットの場合は人理修復した後に詰んで いて、2018年からの脅威に耐えられない。
    Nasu: There are two... I believe, it's either Kirschtaria Wodime or Daybit Sem Void. But in case of Daybit, he will get stuck after restoring humanity and won't be able to face off against the danger of 2018.
    [...]
    キリシュタリアならギリギリいけるかな? いや、2018年からの脅威の半分くらいまでならクリアーできる けど、クリプターである時点で勝てない。
    If its Kirschtaria he'll just make it? No, he'll be able to clear half of the threat from 2018 but he can't win since he's a Crypter.
    The reason why Kirschtaria can't clear it "because he's a Crypter" is obvious when you consider that "clear half of the threat from 2018" means "the threat that originates in 2018" and not literally "clear half of 2018" which I actually did for a long time and got very confused because that's like LB2, so it's just saying that since Olympus (the halfway point, at least before Nasu gaslit us) allows him to realize his wish, he'd stop there.
    But why can't Daybit progress into CitL?

3) Really tangential but just in case people didn't know about it (since I think it's lost in NA?): There have been two times in FGO where "Crypter" has been used as the ruby (reading) for a kanji word, and that word is 秘匿者, meaning "one who conceals". In that sense, Crypter is fitting name since you probably think of encryption, but considering that the name came from Marisbilly, what was it they were meant to conceal?
    These two occurrences are in LB2 in the flashback to Kirschtaria's conversation with the Alien God, and in LB6, mentioned by Beryl in his conversation with Kirschtaria before Chaldea's journey to the Lostbelts begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung, chapter 13, section 1
    クリプター
    秘匿者
    であるキミこそ、ワタシの伝道者に相応しい。』
    “You are a Crypter—one who conceals—which makes you perfect to spread my word.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon le Fae, chapter 17, section 5
    で。オレは何をすればいいんだ、ヴォーダイム。
    So Wodime, what do you have in mind for me?
    チームのリーダーはアンタだ。
    You're the team leader.
    オレもようやく合点がいった。
    I'm finally getting the hang of things.
    ク リ プ タ ー
    秘匿者
    ってのは、そういう事だったんだろ?
    This is what being one who conceals—a Crypter—is all about, right?
    (The context to the second quote is that it's followed up by the revelation that Beryl was there to "clean up traitors to the cause" when it came to the Singularities, assigned as such by Marisbilly, and that he always knew the secret behind the Sirius Light, or at least how to remote activate it, and that it was supposed to be a secret between him and Marisbilly, before Kirschtaria found out)

4) Also a super tangential thing that I just remembered that doesn't have much bearing on much else at all: the spelling for Daybit and David (as in Bluebook) are デイビット and デイヴィット respectively. These are basically homophones, but more importantly, note how both use the "to" at the end, not a "do" that you would normally use. Sus innit (even though Petri's theory just tramples all over my NG+ crack).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Some random stuff I wanted to mention after reading:

1) How the hell did I never see the "command spells" on the Priestess' back?? I guess given that it's in the first CitL chapter it's not too surprising, but still.
    I actually found it in her mats before I looked at the Anastasia picture. Then I remembered they just had this conspicuous shot of her with her back turned for no particular reason. Turns out, they did have a pretty good reason to show that in the story.

Speaking of Priestess mats, here's a comment by her artist:

銀河を宿した双眸。樹に寄り添い、かそけきーA pale blue dotーに蠢く生命の瞬きを見つめ続け来た存在。
    Oculi holding galaxies within. An existence who continuously watched the writhing life on that ephemeral pale blue dot while nestled up to a tree.
    Last edited by Petrikow; December 8th, 2022 at 04:22 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Boyager stonks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Thanks, absolutely wonderful theory management.
    I wonder if a may be so brash as to suggest some of my own theories.

• On the Lostbelts and textures, if the Singularities are as Marble Phantasms, then the Lostbelts are as Reality Marbles. With the trees of Fantasy acting as caster/ Tower of Avalon/ Rhongomyniad/ Morgan's throne, the use of different galaxies, if Earth has a PHH, would the Solar system have a PEH (Proper Earth History, in which the lostbelts would still be recorded and accessible, because what does it care about Humanity, that's earths problem), would the Milky way have a PSH (Proper Solar History), the use of another galaxy could just be a hoodwink, yes earth this is totally what Orochi/ Sombrero/ Mayall/ Magellan remember you being like, just check with them, because...
    • On SHEBAs six rings, the missing planet, or function, I agree with you whole heartedly about Olga use, but the piece I believe your missing is the meaning of the 7 planets or maybe more accurately their bodily function, so the moon is gone replaced by Olga, why the Moon, the moon represents the brain where the Akashic Records are stored, parsed, and checked. So SHEBAs function is not just to observe the past/future but the past/future unmoderated, by the usual laws, just those deemed usual by Marisbury to his goal, regulated by his daughter. the fact that the usual mind of the world is superseded may answer as to why we get such unusual circumstances in Chaldea esp in regard to summonable servants. The cutting of of the earth from the cosmos also ties in here, as the moon is our earliest satellite that we can no longer communicate with, maybe allowing dear Olga to rayshift some nice bonsai trees for us?
    • Daybit the loveable scamp. The crypters had some manner of choice in their designation of lostbelts, so why there? As many surmise ORT (can you guess why we can't find the Fantasy Tree, and where it will be), who hasn't really ever done much of anything but be a big macguffin, but what it does have is really nice reality marble, that's quite adept at writing itself over other textures. In all if Marisbury Dept of Astromancy wanted to write the truth of the world with himself having reached the root, or have the ability to do so, then Daybit student of lore wants to write fiction all over everything. Why do I say this we have never know the Chaldean systems to lie or distort the truth they just accurately report the world, on the other hand lore has distorted and lied to us and the world many times, as some vampires, Mozart killers and London serial killers could attest.
    Last edited by Russ; December 8th, 2022 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    4) Also a super tangential thing that I just remembered that doesn't have much bearing on much else at all: the spelling for Daybit and David (as in Bluebook) are デイビット and デイヴィット respectively. These are basically homophones, but more importantly, note how both use the "to" at the end, not a "do" that you would normally use. Sus innit (even though Petri's theory just tramples all over my NG+ crack).
    Daybit Sem Void, born in Nevada, is an anagram of Symbiote David.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It wouldn't surprise me if there is a deeper connection between Bluebook and Daybit, but I couldn't find anything concrete, nor was there an obvious answer that fit into the model. It's very suspicious that Bluebook acted exactly as was 'expected' of him, so there's probably something more to it than what I suggested in the 'course of events', but as of now it is fundamentally unknowable. If I had to guess, it probably has something to do with the specifics of Daybit's magecraft style.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    I think the idea of CHALDEAS being a simulation of the universe rather than just the Earth is brilliant and I never would have come up with that. That would also imply that the world outside of Chaldea would be analagous to the Void, Imaginary Number Space, or the realm outside our Universe.

My theory for a long time has been that Rayshifting is not time travel and we are not changing history. I think CHALDEAS and the Fantasy Trees are identical in function- they simulate a world, then at some fixed point they overwrite reality with the texture of their simulation. I think Rayshifting is editing the simulation of CHALDEAS in order to adjust the simulation to our liking. Following that line of thought, if "reality" is "the Void", the Alien God is actually a fitting name for someone from outside the simulation entering it. (Sightly tangentially, it's funny and interesting that what we do is pretty much the same as what the Foreigner's Outer Gods do).

On a different note, I think we're jumping to conclusions in saying that the freezing of CHALDEAS meant the deaath of Marisbury's plan. If Chaldea's purpose was to ensure the survival of humanity for 100 years, then we've failed before the freezing ever occured. Remember that a future for humanity doesn't necessarily mean a good future. On December 31st 2117 the world was alive, but barely. On January 1st 2118, the world ended. By December 31st 2016 Chaldea had ensured humanity's survival for 100 years, but it could no longer do so on January 1st 2018. Unfortunately the end of the world had already been set in stone by 2015- nothing could be done within those 100 years to save the world.

In other words, Chaldea had failed due to poor design. THAT was the end of the Animusphere dream. The freezing just prevented CHALDEAS from causing further damage. It was the nail in the coffin, symbolically marking the complete end of something that was already dead. "Pan-Human history", the history Chaldea created, was a mistake- it resulted in the end of the world. I think the Lostbelt trees were an attempt to rectify that mistake and start over from scratch.

Any ideas about Olga's connection to Atlas? Why does the Case Files's mats says she knows Atlas Alchemy? Anyway that could be linked to whatever Sion's role will be?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    Any ideas about Olga's connection to Atlas? Why does the Case Files's mats says she knows Atlas Alchemy? Anyway that could be linked to whatever Sion's role will be?
    It specifically says she has some grounding in Atlas-style Alchemy. That said, Atlas and Chaldea have had a close relationship since early on (though partially on account of that contract Marisbury had). They fundamentally want the same thing. Makes a lot of sense thematically too.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Petri, one thing I'm surprised you didn't mention until now is the difference in the way Romani talked about Rayshifting at the start and how Kotomoni addressed it in the part 2 Prologue. Back in part 1, we are told that we can't actually change the past and that what we're doing is only possible due to our destinations being Singularities, places already at odds with history. That always seemed to me like a convenient addendum to not make Rayshifting into Sorcery.
    But then Kotomine says the line about Rayshifting being the only threat to their plans due to the possibility of altering the past, which should be impossible given 2017 is not a Singularity.

It's something that intrigued me since Cosmos in the Lostbelt started. Though now that I wrote this I realize that this is just more fuel into the swapping with Chaldeas simulation theory, and that already has plenty of concrete evidence anyway.

I see. So the simulated future had it's people turned into one of the Trees, if I understood correctly. In that case, were the simulations where the different Crypters saved the world created in part to provide the fuel/humanities for additional Trees?

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Petri, one thing I'm surprised you didn't mention until now is the difference in the way Romani talked about Rayshifting at the start and how Kotomoni addressed it in the part 2 Prologue. Back in part 1, we are told that we can't actually change the past and that what we're doing is only possible due to our destinations being Singularities, places already at odds with history. That always seemed to me like a convenient addendum to not make Rayshifting into Sorcery.
    But then Kotomine says the line about Rayshifting being the only threat to their plans due to the possibility of altering the past, which should be impossible given 2017 is not a Singularity.

It's something that intrigued me since Cosmos in the Lostbelt started. Though now that I wrote this I realize that this is just more fuel into the swapping with Chaldeas simulation theory, and that already has plenty of concrete evidence anyway.
    In Qin's interlude, he said that someone from a Lostbelt can affect the PHH through Rayshifting. Morgan also said that the current Chaldea still ignores the true purpose of Rayshifting and what Chaldea was actually created for and that they should go back to the source if they want to resolve the mystery.
    Last edited by rocohanda; December 8th, 2022 at 06:18 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post

A lot of the stuff surrounding Rayshifting is saved for last. There's a reason Morgan specifically advised looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaunted View Post
    I see. So the simulated future had it's people turned into one of the Trees, if I understood correctly. In that case, were the simulations where the different Crypters saved the world created in part to provide the fuel/humanities for additional Trees?
    It's mentioned:

Another thing worth mentioning is that they appear to have some 'grail-like' thing inside of them. This is most likely the 'heat' that Kirschtaria spoke of as being part of the reason why he had to do the Restoration. And since the amount of Fantasy Trees had gone from the originally projected 1 to 7, each Crypter had to provide one each.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So...
    -Singularity F/X is said to still be burning
    -Sirius Light is a means to overturn Lostbelt/Singularity
    -Kadoc still has his Sirius Light

Is this going where I think it is?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Something else interesting, Imaginary Scramble tells us that Imaginary Number Space and Real Number Space basically interact with each other in the same way. Something from INS entering RNS would disperse unless it has protection, and INS creatures wouldn't be able to see or comprehend RNS creatures in the same way we can't comprehend them.

In other words, if you preform a Void Dive, it's impossible to tell whether you're from reality and entering the Void, or from the Void and entering Reality.

Blog Entries
    Re: Rayshifting altering the past - iirc Gilgamesh explained at the climax of Babylonia that Singularities get reinserted into the core timeline, where the events and information are suitably "reinterpreted" according to the context. People killed by Tiamat ended up dying to disease or natural disaster. This looks directly analogous to whatever the hell QSH was doing, and Morgan turning LB6 into a Singularity probably explains the current state of the British Isl

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    So...
    -Singularity F/X is said to still be burning
    -Sirius Light is a means to overturn Lostbelt/Singularity
    -Kadoc still has his Sirius Light

Is this going where I think it is?
    That can't be because Kadoc needs to be one of the survivors at the end of part 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I still think the timeline will be reset at the end of Part 2 and it will be as if FGO never happened, so it doesn't really matter who lives or dies.