Page 3805 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 280533053705375537953800380338043805380638073810381538553905 ... LastLast
Results 76,081 to 76,100 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I just wanna note that the irony of the Atlas boys is that they really never solve shit. They're much better at causing the end of the world.
    Just because they solve problems by creating equally big or bigger problems, doesn't mean they don't solve problems.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Wanted to remark on how absolutely hilarious it is that they forced Tezcatlipoca into the Grand role because they had to pick SOMEONE no matter how suited they are. When he steps down we will see Grand Assassin Shiki, truly. You can't escape Shiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I just wanna note that the irony of the Atlas boys is that they really never solve shit. They're much better at causing the end of the world.
    You start to worry excessively about the future, and your present starts suffering because of it. It's poetry.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I'd have preferred if Alaya had forced Cursed Arm to wear the big boy skeleton suit.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    It's a good thing the translation was changed because "Anthropology" is such a terrible name for it now we know all this

- - - Updated - - -

I still have no idea what the Dept. of Individual Fundamentals is about
    Positioning, combos, and character familiarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, wasn't there a Brishisan in Case Files? In the Iselma case.

he kinda feels really out of place now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Atlas solves a problem by creating and problem, and then solves that problem etcetera.

The issue is that without them the Earth most likely would have been destroyed by one of the other threats, so it's kind of an unavoidable "cost".

US Friend Code

Maio Brishisan Clynelles yeah
    I wonder if at the time Sanda wasn't told about who Brishisan was beyond just being important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    When he steps down we will see Grand Assassin Shiki, truly. You can't escape Shiki.
    I'd roll this.

....Especially as I was burnt out during KnK and don't have her. I got into KnK at a later date!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Maio Brishisan Clynelles yeah
    I wonder if at the time Sanda wasn't told about who Brishisan was beyond just being important.
    He's a pharmacologist IIRC. So I feel like a minor retcon to make him a member of the Department of Botany instead would change literally nothing about the story.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Maio made the medicine Touko used to erase her memories. This gets Reines asking if he's from Botany and he corrects affirming he's indeed from Lore. So with the current information, this means drank alien blood.

He's a pharmacologist IIRC. So I feel like a minor retcon to make him a member of the Department of Botany instead would change literally nothing about the story.
    It was acknowledge by the story
    Quote Originally Posted by Case Files 2, chapter 2
    "I'm kind of a pharmacist, after all."

"I see.
    Faculty of Botany
    Yumina
    ?"

"Nope." After coughing into his sleeve, the young man grinned. "
    Faculty of Lore
    Brishisan
    . Maio Brishisan Clynelles."

"Oh, Brishisan?" They were a pretty high-ranking family.

Of course they didn't have authority on the level of someone like the Barthomelloi, but they wouldn't fall behind if it came to history or research. They were a stereotypical example of a neutral family. And while the nature of the magecraft of those within the Faculty of Lore was quite varied, they were recognized as the holders of the rarest literature in the entire Clock Tower.

The fact that Brishisan was only his middle name meant he wasn't actually a member of the family itself, but simply under their care. Likely he was a member of some branch family of theirs, but the fact that anyone of the Brishisan faction had shown up at the Twin Towers was a big indication of how much attention the event was getting.

Blog Entries
    Of course they didn't have authority on the level of someone like the Barthomelloi
    um

um
    The Brishisan may have founded the CT but the Barthomelloi are the police and they know everyones dirty little secrets

I still have a sneaking suspicion Sanda had no idea how significant Brishisan would end up being, but Nasu approved it so it probably ended up being in accordance with what he had in mind anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Brishisan family being largely toothless doesn't seem that weird to me, honestly. This chapter literally just explained that everyone who works in the Lore Department cannot ever go up in hierarchy because they're "enslaved" to working on random threats to humanity instead of actually doing normal mage-like research.

Blog Entries
    The Brishan family research was brought up by Raum in Salem too, and it was what he used to invent the Foreigner class. I guess it makes sense now if that is what that entails.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    I figured that the Brishisan family can't really progress because their Head is the Director and no successive generations are inheriting their family Crest.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    The Brishan family research was brought up by Raum in Salem too, and it was what he used to invent the Foreigner class. I guess it makes sense now if that is what that entails.
    Yeah, that quote makes far more sense now that we know the Lore Department deals with aliens, basically. That's why it tied into the Velber date. Though the conflation of "fiction" with "aliens" feels as of yet not explained in full. I know I wrote all about how the Outside of Space is the domain of Imaginary Numbers and all that shit in GUT, but how that all adds together with extradimensional aliens is a bit vague. Personally it feels as if all things that cannot be perceived by humanity is "imaginary" by default. That's not to says they're not real (if there's one thing the LB saga has taught us, it's that fantasy is as real as you make it), but more that they exist in a way that cannot be ordinarily accessed any other way than by the higher dimensional senses (is that what imagination is?).

JP Friend Code
    This whole fiction, imaginary and reality sounds extremely similar to the recent world lore dump in Honkai Impact and I feel like we're going in a somewhat similar direction. Gonna keep my eyes on that for ideas just in case.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Literal Lore dump. This is what I live for. Really hoping we see a new novel series or something based on this someday.

Honestly, I'd have preferred if Alaya had forced Cursed Arm to wear the big boy skeleton suit.
    Poor guy would be shaking 'cause Grandpappy would really have his eye on him then.

I always thought it was a case where the Brishisan family was adjunct to Lore; they're connected but not in a central way, kinda like the Norwich family and Modern Magecraft.