Page 3882 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 28823382378238323872387738803881388238833884388738923932 ... LastLast
Results 77,621 to 77,640 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    I suspect Tezca is something of a special case, seeing as he is seemingly a god with active duties and a servant at the same time. It may be that Tezca, or an aspect of Tezca, is always present in Mictlanpa, while simultaneously he exists in LB7 as Daybit's servant. This might also be the case for the handful of actual, non-pseudo divine spirits at Chaldea (i.e. Euryale and Stheno, Quetz).
    Alternatively, Tezca's power over time lets him pull off shenanigans like this.
    Alternatively alternatively, don't think too hard about it

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    From a purely mechanical standpoint, we actually know very little about Mictlampa. Perhaps Nasu will expand on it in Tezcatlipoca's mats, but let's not get our hopes up.
    I mean, do they ever expand on those erstwhile details in mats? Most authors just give more information about the stuff that they've already got in gameplay, with some lore flavor, iirc.

Tezca's writer is Nasu, so yes, those mats do expand on a lot of stuff that isn't directly in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Ohhhh, that's right. I think I'm used to reading Sakurai mats, since those aren't that detailed.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    But you also would never have a human without oxygen. You wouldn't get intelligent humanoid who dont breathe oxygen, just something else entirely. Probably just the same life form that were around at the time, unchanging much.
    That, and entropy being what it is means that DNA would end up degrading eventually anyway. The replication processes themselves can and often do fail, which is why mutation is a thing that exists.

It's more of a surprise that it ended up coming into existence at all.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; March 24th, 2023 at 02:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Dragolord09; March 25th, 2023 at 10:56 AM.

Was the DA Deinos a red herring by the way or was that hinting at something?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a Camazotz minion. There is no red herring, nor is there a hint.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    While this might've been pointed out already, I just want to say it anyway in case it wasn't: isn't everyone in Chaldea just a little bit worried about the prospect that this Ordeal Call nonsense might allow the Alien World to win? As long as they're forced trying to get Human Order to remember that they are in fact a part of it, their enemies are now effectively free to do whatever they please with nothing to stop them. Even if we do assume that we're coincidentally able to complete this farce just in time to stop Marisbury's plans, it doesn't excuse Alaya's complete lack of priorities.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And what gives you the impression that Alaya wants to stop Marisbury's plans?

What gives you the impression that whatever Chaldea is up to is something Alaya should logically adhere to?

What makes you think that you're the hero of humanity, and Marisbury isn't?

US Friend Code
    Marisbury's whole thing is ally of humanity at the expense of the rest of the universe. Alaya should be right on board.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    And what gives you the impression that Alaya wants to stop Marisbury's plans?

What gives you the impression that whatever Chaldea is up to is something Alaya should logically adhere to?

What makes you think that you're the hero of humanity, and Marisbury isn't?
    Alaya's role is to preserve humanity as it is right now, correct? At the moment we have no idea what "preserving" humanity entails, but given the average magus mindset and the track record of the past few would-be saviors it seems improbable that he's simply going to make it so it's magically impervious to extinction, especially given that his student Kirschtaria's ideals were at least partially influenced by his. I also see no reason why we can't also be the hero of humanity in the same way that both Jeanne and Amakusa wished to save humanity- as was the case with them, the true hero will be the one who defeats the other.

But all of this is beside the point, which is that while we're running around doing our Ordeal Call Marisbury is almost certain to take advantage of the fact we're helpless to do anything about him. There's no reason Chaldea should be nonchalant about their chances of victory at this point: for all they know Marisbury is on the verge of completing his plan within the next three days and they can do nothing to stop it.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; April 13th, 2023 at 04:31 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
    But all of this is beside the point, which is that while we're running around doing our Ordeal Call Marisbury is almost certain to take advantage of the fact we're helpless to do anything about him. There's no reason Chaldea should be nonchalant about their chances of victory at this point.
    Your post:

Even if we do assume that we're coincidentally able to complete this farce just in time to stop Marisbury's plans, it doesn't excuse Alaya's complete lack of priorities.
    So no, that is not beside the point.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Your post:

So no, that is not beside the point.
    I'm fine dropping that part. What bugs me more is that Chaldea has no way of knowing that they can complete this in time to stop Marisbury but they assume they will anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
    I'm fine dropping that part. What bugs me more is that Chaldea has no way of knowing that they can complete this in time to stop Marisbury but they assume they will anyway.
    Okay, then I'm fine dropping this conversation, because that's what I responded to.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Okay, then I'm fine dropping this conversation, because that's what I responded to.
    I still think the premise of Ordeal Call is ridiculous, but I suppose there's a tiny chance Nasu et al. will make the justification far more satisfactory than they've made it look so far.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Okay

I think that part of the problem is this weird notion that the fanbase has about Gaia and Alaya having some kind of sentience, when they are more like a survival instinct.

Also we don't even know how Ordeal Call is going to work, as far we know it could just take hours in story time.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    I think that part of the problem is this weird notion that the fanbase has about Gaia and Alaya having some kind of sentience, when they are more like a survival instinct.

Also we don't even know how Ordeal Call is going to work, as far we know it could just take hours in story time.
    Given Nasu's love of tying game events to real time, then we'll be doing Ordeal Call for 2 years. Do you remember the very thing when people wondered what U-Olga was doing in the seventh Lostbelt for almost 4 years after Olympus?

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Want to share an idea that just popped into my head: since the first trailer, Cosmos in the Lostbelt likes to punctuate that in this new situation we are the ones considered to be "evil". With the planet now inside CHALDEAS and the Human Order considering its plan an ideal scenario, whenever we manage to enter it, it will be as enemies of humanity. Meaning that Servants will be sent to fight us, as that is how the Counter Force operates in Fate worlds. So, what if the final showdown in Part 2 is a reverse of sorts of the Part 1 finale? All of the Pan-human servants we befriended along the way forced against us, in what appears to be a hopeless scenario. We cannot give up, however, so we team up with those who deny this human history: the Lostbelt Servants and/or (maybe?) the Beasts and Foreigners. Most of their summonable versions swore allegiance to the Master, not to the Human Order, they would totally be up for some world-ending shenanigans if we asked (as indicated by a lot of My Room dialogues). I think it would be a cool way to start the end of part II, before the final boss fight with (probably) the Priestess, there's a lot of room for some awesome narrative parallels with the first arc and it would be a great payoff for the journey through the Lostbelts.