Page 3896 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 28963396379638463886389138943895389638973898390139063946 ... LastLast
Results 77,901 to 77,920 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Salt is a good fuel, is a renewable resource
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Everytime I look back at Kirei’s Valentines Day event I’m more confused by various things (that’s on purpose obviously) but one of the biggest is the senior line. “Will the lamb be able to burn through all of them in the cavern? That will certainly be something worth watching. And ascertaining the result is my job as your senior, ain't it?”

Ignoring the whole first part which is its own complicated can of worms, what the hell is he talking about with the senior stuff? In what way is Angra Kirei’s senior, Angra’s only ever been called Senpai by Jalter in reference to him being the first Avenger but Kirei’s not an Avenger obviously. And in the first place he doesn’t use the word Senpai, he’s talking as if he’s a predecessor someone who’s done the role before or something. Did Kirei succeed Angra in someway? And how does being a senior relate to observing the result of the cavern and lamb, whatever that is?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We're obviously missing context, but the incomplete signs we currently have are pretty unsubtly pointing towards Dantes. Christian iconography with the lamb, the Count of Monte Cristo's alternate alias as the King of the Cavern, and the pioneer Avenger mentioning it's his precursor-mandated role to watch the outcome of whatever FGO's main Avenger is doing.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also wasn't Dantes the first Avenger class Servant that Chaldea summoned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Also wasn't Dantes the first Avenger class Servant that Chaldea summoned?
    He is, and has ALWAYS been portrayed as a foil for Angra on top of this. He even fills a very similar role to Angra in FGO, the “Often unknown but always helping ally who comes off a lot more evil than he actually is”. That does make things very… interesting if so. So Angra wants to observe his Kouhai and see what Fate ultimately awaits him, if so then it looks like Dantes is currently or going to be doing something extremely dangerous that might get him killed. If it is Dantes that also explains why Kirei is defensive of him, as a co-worker Kirei might be a good reason for why he wants him to be happy (although it’s still very unlike him to be this kind in general). This doesn’t help explain why Angra seems to know tons of shit he has no reason knowing and has known since as far back as part 1 seemingly but hey baby steps.

Dantes and Angra have been presented as a thematic pair, the two extremes of Avengers. I hope that's explored in the OC, but I can see it all being about Dantes and Fuyuki focusing on Angra.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    Everytime I look back at Kirei’s Valentines Day event I’m more confused by various things (that’s on purpose obviously) but one of the biggest is the senior line. “Will the lamb be able to burn through all of them in the cavern? That will certainly be something worth watching. And ascertaining the result is my job as your senior, ain't it?”

Ignoring the whole first part which is its own complicated can of worms, what the hell is he talking about with the senior stuff? In what way is Angra Kirei’s senior, Angra’s only ever been called Senpai by Jalter in reference to him being the first Avenger but Kirei’s not an Avenger obviously. And in the first place he doesn’t use the word Senpai, he’s talking as if he’s a predecessor someone who’s done the role before or something. Did Kirei succeed Angra in someway? And how does being a senior relate to observing the result of the cavern and lamb, whatever that is?
    At this point I've thrown up my hands and accepted the fact that without more context we have virtually no idea what Angra and Kirei are talking about. I mean, I still don't like having to deal with these unsolved mysteries but at this point there's nothing to be done about them but throw out ideas and hope that maybe one of them is right by accident.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    Dantes and Angra have been presented as a thematic pair, the two extremes of Avengers. I hope that's explored in the OC, but I can see it all being about Dantes and Fuyuki focusing on Angra.
    I’ve been looking more and more into this and it’s very interesting to say the least. Angra and Dantes feel like they’ve been set up to be very similar to how Angra and Shirou were in Hollow (in terms of thematics not roles obviously). Back then Shirou hated the world why loving it while Angra loved the world while hating it, here Dantes is born of love but speaks of hate while Angra is born of hate but speaks of love. The main important part is the gimmick with Angra and Shirou was they were two people who seemed like they’d be polar opposites but we’re pretty similar in the end, so same applies here. End of the day they both are allies of humanity who love it despite its absurdities, perhaps that comprehension of their similar nature is key? The Angra Dantes power hour is an enticing idea for a story to say the least but like ya said it’s very possible their stories will be separate things. Does make ya think though. The fact Dantès even gets mentioned at the end of Angra’s personality section in FGO Material gotta count for something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
    At this point I've thrown up my hands and accepted the fact that without more context we have virtually no idea what Angra and Kirei are talking about. I mean, I still don't like having to deal with these unsolved mysteries but at this point there's nothing to be done about them but throw out ideas and hope that maybe one of them is right by accident.
    You’re definitely not wrong but, hey, fun to speculate. I’ve got a lot of ideas about what they could do but as long as it’s done well I’ll not complain. It’s just exciting since Angra hasn’t gotten anything substantial since Hollow, so if he really is gonna have some serious stuff going on it makes my mind theorize. Course there IS always the possibility he’s just talking cryptically and he’s not related to this story whatsoever but I will get over it if that does happen (after falling to my knees in the middle of an Applebees).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kashin Koji's profile

It's really full of mystery, which makes it a profile I'd have loved in a main story Servant. Here, however, I don't see any of these questions ever being answered.
    Kashin's backstory is honestly too interesting for any event, even one that had more than 2 chapters. I want her literally anywhere but here.

US Friend Code
    thank you for your work though Comun

Kashin Koji's profile

It's really full of mystery, which makes it a profile I'd have loved in a main story Servant. Here, however, I don't see any of these questions ever being answered.
    Kashin's backstory is honestly too interesting for any event, even one that had more than 2 chapters. I want her literally anywhere but here.
    The best copium I can give you is that maybe Sakurai decides to use him in OC if there's a chapter he writes. Or if he decides to write another event centered on the Four Heavenly Kings and wants to add him in it (the comment about Ushi Gozen comment in Douman's mats may hint to that).

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    The best copium I can give you is that maybe Sakurai decides to use him in OC if there's a chapter he writes. Or if he decides to write another event centered on the Four Heavenly Kings and wants to add him in it (the comment about Ushi Gozen comment in Douman's mats may hint to that).
    Personally feels really ripe for an Interlude too

Kashin Koji:
    STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MAG: B+
    LUC: A
    NP: B

Kashin Koji's profile

They Sasori'd themselves so hard they turned into a girl, I definitely didn't expect that out of the person that made Danzou would be like this. I think they're pretty cool, but they way they get more spider-like in the other ascensions is kind of creepy though.

Yeah, I would have preferred if they showed up in the main story than a event.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    I wonder if it would go along with Japanese bomberman's folktale of him and Kashin. Shit, if they do it, does that mean Kashin took the form of bomberman's wife and eh, behave like his wife did?
    Last edited by rxrx; May 25th, 2023 at 10:59 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Kashin Koji having voice line for Arc made me think if he/she knows some DAA like Rita and Arachne.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kashin Koji's profile

Two other interesting usages of 外法.

The first is Kiara's Banshoku Yuutai

Quote Originally Posted by GO mats
    Myriad Colored Stagnation EX
    The thing that metamorphosed Sesshouin Kiara into a demonic boddhisatva.
    A heretic technique once created by Kiara in a certain cyber world.
    It was a medical software that separated the target's body, mind and soul, stripping the soul naked (without the protection of the body or the mind) so it could listen to their woes and remove their anguish.
    Of course, that was just a front.
    Quote Originally Posted by extra mats entry for additional context
    It invades the cyber brain of its target, and by analyzing brain signals, communication and response to stimulus, the software can freely read the contents of the target’s mind and soul.
    To be frank, this software is just like its name; the user of the codecast completely accepts and takes in the target through a naked encounter in the cyber world.
    Although the software was developed for medical purposes, ironically, the feeling of euphoria and comfort it provides exceeds that of so-called cyber drugs. If someone with a weak Ego or weak willpower were to use this software, they would end up in a world of suffering…… There have been many cases where after using this software the user abandons the idea of returning to reality.
    The second is Flat from Vol 3 of case files
    "
    Play Ball
    Intervention Start.
    "
    With that, the vector of the magical energy changed.
    Just as the lightning left the hands of the magi, it immediately turned, changing directions completely. Screams filled the air as the magi were struck down by their own lightning. Using a doll that resembled the target in order to place a curse on them - Flat's movements earlier had been for the purpose of replicating an effect similar to that well-known kind of sympathetic magecraft.
    It was a curse one could see from time to time in various schools of southeast Asian magecrafts.
    プレイボール
    干渉開始

ぐるり、と魔力のベクトルが入れ違ったのだ。
    彼らの手から放たれる雷は、放たれた途端ぐるりと方向を変えた。たちまち自ら
    の雷に焼かれた魔術師が絶叫をあげる。相手に似せた人形を使って呪いをかけ
    る──ある種の類感魔術と同じ効用を、フラットの動きはもたらしたのである。
    ある種の外法や、東南アジア周辺で時々見られるような呪い。
    Twilight didn't feel the need to include the term.

With the information in Kashin Koji's profile, we can start to see common themes of 外法 as a system. Kiara's software is a mental/soul attack and Flat's improvising is emulating a 外法 spell which commonly uses a doll as a catalyst.
    Hmmm, didn't Kiara make a puppet out of Passionlip's body to protect her from Melt as well in the CCC route?

(I think the TLers in both cases were right at the time not to come up with a term for 外法 as it would not have added any additional meaning while also making the lines sound more awkward.)
    Last edited by You; May 25th, 2023 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    So very cool that the premise of Ordeal Call pretty much killed off all lore speculations.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    It's kind of impossible to speculate anything when we don't even know the setting of these things

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    So very cool that the premise of Ordeal Call pretty much killed off all lore speculations.
    OC is impressive. It might be the worst idea they've ever come up with in FGO. That's not an easy thing, either.