Page 3595 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 259530953495354535853590359335943595359635973600360536453695 ... LastLast
Results 71,881 to 71,900 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    My theory regarding that Halloween's BAD END.
    Spoiler:
    It's possible that Beast VI materialized instead of supposed Outer God due to Saber Molay had been a host to it, creating a stronger connection for it to override the ritual for itself to manifest.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It's a bit of an assumption on our part that these are random fairies that are ONLY strong because of their gifted names. That's different from a Servant who's technically stronger with their true name revealed, because they can use all their stuff (ignoring it also exposing their weaknesses), but whether that's necessarily actually the case or not for the fairy knights you'll have to see.
    Oh, that's pretty cool. I'm also at the last video.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Putting this out here with the least shill intention I can muster, but for the sake of people who were reading LB6 via rayshift/Neobenedict's videos: the translation is now entirely finished, including part 3 and a part 1 that's been looked over again, so you can actually finish reading now. It's currently only in the app, and the rest of the videos will have to come later so if you don't play and depend on videos I'm sorry but you'll have to wait a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Thanks for the update fumei. Also, where is the app so I can get it? I've been dependent on the videos, and I honestly don't want to wait anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Thanks for the update fumei. Also, where is the app so I can get it? I've been dependent on the videos, and I honestly don't want to wait anymore.
    https://github.com/rayshift/translatefgo

It's only available for android, though, so if you're on iOS, well...
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I'm on Android, so I guess I'm in luck. Pixel for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Has sarturia casters profile ever been fixed as it seems it was a 'old draft' so to speak

Just to be clear, your gimmick starts to feel old.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Its literally out of date, her in the profile doesnt match the events of lb6 and nasu himself said he rewrote it, i want to know IF it was rewritten to match lb6
    Last edited by Byegod; November 17th, 2021 at 07:14 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nasu didn't say he rewrote it, he just made the profile automatically update when you finish the Lostbelt. It's not a rumor, on the contrary, it's a thing included directly in the game with no commentary before or after it.

Ah, I remember talking with lily that some parts dont match lb6, is that still true? thats what I was asking

As i remember seeing and talking with people about this

Maybe i mixed up my memories as maybe i talked bout this before the update? i dont recall if i did discuss it before august or not....
    Last edited by Byegod; November 17th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

What exactly was supposed to not fit before? I'm reading it over again now and there are no contradictions with the story in her profile as far as I can see. The only thing the post-clear profile does seems to be to talk about her as we know from reading the story, like her true purpose and third ascension, but it doesn't seem to contradict the pre-clear profile at all.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Her profile isn't the issue, it's her old lines. Some of them don't fit with the new story really (The Fou one is one that pops out right away).

Mysterious Ranmaru X:
    STR: B
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MAG: C
    LUC: C
    NP: C

Izumo no Okuni:
    STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: C+
    MAG: B
    LUC: A
    NP: B

- - - Updated - - -

Putting this out here with the least shill intention I can muster, but for the sake of people who were reading LB6 via rayshift/Neobenedict's videos: the translation is now entirely finished, including part 3 and a part 1 that's been looked over again, so you can actually finish reading now. It's currently only in the app, and the rest of the videos will have to come later so if you don't play and depend on videos I'm sorry but you'll have to wait a bit more.
    https://github.com/rayshift/translatefgo

It's only available for android, though, so if you're on iOS, well...
    So I'm going to have to wait then, that's still good news though.

Sakamoto Ryoma (Lancer)
    STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B+
    MAG: C
    LUC: A-
    NP: EX
    Last edited by Laserman; November 22nd, 2021 at 11:31 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I'll eventually make a text-only version (since that's also good for referencing) but that'll be later when we've fixed most typos and all.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

US Friend Code
    So is Lancer Ryouma's spear Ame no Sakahoko? Because if so that's like the third completely different design for it in Fate after Rider Ryouma's bond CE and Erice's spear.

didnt they say at one point that some nps change depending on the name? or imply it?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    So is Lancer Ryouma's spear Ame no Sakahoko? Because if so that's like the third completely different design for it in Fate after Rider Ryouma's bond CE and Erice's spear.
    I was thinking about this the other day as well.

In IRL myth, and as I'm sure has been referenced in Fate at some point as well, Ama-no-Sakahoko (天逆鉾) was the spear used by Izanagi and Izanami to churn the oceans and create the land that would become Japan. This is the spear that is stuck in Takachiho, which is also referenced in FGO by that one bond CE (Ryoma's?). Via this bond CE, among other things, we know this is also the spear which imprisoned Oryou on the same mountain until Ryoma freed her.

Then Erice introduced the Ame-no-Sakahoko (天遡鉾). The big difference in name here is that 逆 means "reverse/inverse" which gives 天逆鉾 a literal name of like "spear of inversed heaven", while 遡 means "to retrace", so a literal name would be like "spear of retracing heaven". This is actually reflected in Erice's usage of her NP since it's said to "churn spacetime" and then return "all structures, matter, meaning, and fate to primordial chaos", acting as a "reverse flow of entropy from the netherworld". This basically sounds like the exact opposite of what the gods did with their original spear, so despite sharing the same name, I guess the fact that this is a replica lets it have this different function.

The spear new!Ryoma uses in the event is indeed the same Ama-no-Sakahoko, given with the kanji 天逆鉾. This makes sense, since it's the same spear as Rider!Ryoma encounter, however, they kept throwing out entirely new effects for the spear pretty much every time it came up. One time when he uses it he says that being stabbed by this spear results in an "inversion of existence", causing a "divergence from the world" (存在の反転、世界からの乖離). Sounds kinda like how Erice's replica works, so good enough. Then they said that when it fell from heaven and struck Oryou, it "sewed her to the land". This is later shown to also be very literal, but in a more conceptual interpretation I guess you could think of it like if she was really an existence that once belonged to heaven, and it's inversed, then she's now barred from heaven?
    In the last chapter today, during the reunion scene, the unnamed god mentions that while the spear pinned Oryou to the land when it fell, there's more to it. It's "the residue of the Age of Gods that fell from the heavens" (天逆鉾は天より降り立った神代の残滓), But even that's not its true purpose.
    It was never meant to destroy evil, and it's not even really a spear to begin with (その鉾の本来の力は魔をうち滅ぼすことではない。 いや、そもそも鉾ですらない). It is actually a "token of atonement" for the malformity that was cast out long ago, so that it may return to the heavens as a new god (天より逆落ちたるは、かの異形を 新しき神として天へと迎えんがため、遥か昔に異形として忌み、 天より流した我の贖罪の印). By using the spear, Ryoma will cause Oryou to be "reborn as a new god, or rather, his guardian" (今こそまつろわぬ異形は新しき神、 いや、おまえの守護者として新生せん) and likewise he himself may call himself a god (そして新たなる神の名を名乗るがいい).

There's some similar stuff about how the spear was sent to Earth so that someone could lead mankind closer to gods and whatnot, but this is said by Amanozako imitating the spear so probably best not to put too much weight to it.

Anyway, every appearance has been difference now, and Ryoma's latest appearance with it has like 3 or 4 different effects that all seem really different, so I don't know what to really think about this thing anymore. This is on top of Erice's profile literally mentioning that her spear is a replica of Ame-no-Nuhoko (天沼矛) which has the exact same description IRL as Ama-no-Sakahoko, so does that mean that one's the "original" spear that created the landmasses and all these other ones are just different, weird replicas? Who knows.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, this is a lot and the only thought I can produce at the moment is "Doesn't the Ama-no-sakahoko sound like a Texture pin?".