Page 3448 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2448294833483398343834433446344734483449345034533458349835483948 ... LastLast
Results 68,941 to 68,960 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    He did melt fairy walls though, so that counts for something

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Gudao, or rather Gudao's command spells, implies to me that the only "ammo" needed to fire the black barrel is a huge amount of magical energy (since that's what our CS are). Earlier in the chapter they explain that fairies have a lot of magical energy and all, so it wouldn't be weird that they can just go ahead and fire it on their own without any external help. On top of that Bogard does grow weaker as he fires it more and more. What I'm more interested about is that, unless I'm misremembering, in Olympus the black barrel worked as a conceptual weapon against the machine gods specifically because it was made/calibrated using machine god parts from Atlantis, so that also implies to me that it shouldn't work on anything else without recalibrating first, so perhaps what Bogard used was literally just a magical energy supercannon, rather than any conceptual traits actually being attached.
    Yeah I assumed that it was just magical energy from the the Fae itself that was used to fire it. It does make me think though that later in part two we will fire black barrel again, albeit some Fae will.

US Friend Code
    Bogard just turned into Aoko for a little bit.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gudao, or rather Gudao's command spells, implies to me that the only "ammo" needed to fire the black barrel is a huge amount of magical energy (since that's what our CS are). Earlier in the chapter they explain that fairies have a lot of magical energy and all, so it wouldn't be weird that they can just go ahead and fire it on their own without any external help. On top of that Bogard does grow weaker as he fires it more and more. What I'm more interested about is that, unless I'm misremembering, in Olympus the black barrel worked as a conceptual weapon against the machine gods specifically because it was made/calibrated using machine god parts from Atlantis, so that also implies to me that it shouldn't work on anything else without recalibrating first, so perhaps what Bogard used was literally just a magical energy supercannon, rather than any conceptual traits actually being attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I would like to add LB5 also made use of MC's destiny power or whatever you call it to fuel the Black Barrel. Regarding calibration, I wonder if that is why Sion wants the spear.
    Took me a while to find this, was surprised that I couldn't find more info on SB's General thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by r/FGOguide Olympus Chapter 7
    Holmes explains that nothing that exists within this universe is without end. If the universe is finite, then so is everything within it, and the Black Barrel observes and materializes this limit.
    Da Vinci then explains that originally a thing like this shouldn't be possible to operate, but they managed to make it work now by miniaturizing it to make it more stable, and limit the observation mechanism to the machine gods.
    The first requirement to build it was the divine core of Poseidon.
    The second requirement--- a piece of Artemis, which drifted from Atlantis.

However, to operate the Black Barrel it'll require immense energy, and so you'll need to use your Command Spell. But it's not like anything else you've done before. All your magical energy, all your physical strength, and even your karmic energy all need to work together to use this spell.

Yeah, so like I said, what Bogard did probably didn't make use of the conceptual lifespan quality of it and just made it into a big magical energy boom cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also something something, truly using Barrel Replica needs Mash and Guda to work together, she's the aim mechanism, you're the trigger, nakama desu.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quick question, but I'm completely lost on who Toneliko is and why he is the base(?) of the Ash Tree holding this LB in place?

Also, is there a place where I can find all the translated scripts for Part 1 at once? I don't feel like digging through this thread to find the prologue script.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    What if Beryl's Servant is Oberon?

That expression Oberon made in the OP from last year was not the expression of a good guy and he seems insistent on telling Fujimaru to forget about Mash.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Also something something, truly using Barrel Replica needs Mash and Guda to work together, she's the aim mechanism, you're the trigger, nakama desu.
    Shirou and Saber with Caliburn. Everything is Fate route

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Quick question, but I'm completely lost on who Toneliko is and why he is the base(?) of the Ash Tree holding this LB in place?
    Toneliko (which in JP is the name of the ash tree, and the world tree) was the first savior to appear in Britain. He stopped the war 6000 years ago (4000 fairy calendar) that Medb started between the north and the south. He then created the six-clan system, and later on when he died he was buried in Orkney, which on the map is where the tree is located. Hence the theory that he is somehow related to the tree itself in some way. Tonelico reincarnates to save britain from disaster every 1000 years or so, and among these incarnations are Grimm the wise, and now the child of prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also right now for a translation from the start there's only Rayshift's TL, which quality I cannot attest to because I haven't checked it, you can probably find that on youtube. Otherwise translations from the start will be going up on fgoguide shortly so.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    What if Beryl's Servant is Oberon?

That expression Oberon made in the OP from last year was not the expression of a good guy and he seems insistent on telling Fujimaru to forget about Mash.
    Mash is getting in the way of the fulfillment of the prophecy, it's not that Oberon wanted her away from us- it's more he's diehard set on the prophecy happening. Norwich was supposed to be mostly destroyed, instead it was mostly saved.

Also, is there a place where I can find all the translated scripts for Part 1 at once? I don't feel like digging through this thread to find the prologue script.
    Tonelico is another way to refer to an Ash Tree or Yggdrasil. In the confines of the LB, Tonelico was a hero who saved the world. He then died and was burried at Orkney. The giant uprooted tree is also refered to as an "Ash Tree" and a "World Tree". It's not 100% confirmed but I also think it's where Orkney should be? It's also not confirmed Tonelico=The Big Tree, but it's possible. Anyways they're not holding the LB in place, it seems we had a LB3 scenario and the Fantasy Tree was placed in the World Tree.

Which "Part 1" are you referring to, FGO part 1 Prologue? LB6 Prologue?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Mash is getting in the way of the fulfillment of the prophecy, it's not that Oberon wanted her away from us- it's more he's diehard set on the prophecy happening. Norwich was supposed to be mostly destroyed, instead it was mostly saved.
    But Oberon was up to saving Norwich in the quests to own Spriggan? At least from the dialogues translated on reddit linked here.

Tonelico is another way to refer to an Ash Tree or Yggdrasil. In the confines of the LB, Tonelico was a hero who saved the world. He then died and was burried at Orkney. The giant uprooted tree is also refered to as an "Ash Tree" and a "World Tree". It's not 100% confirmed but I also think it's where Orkney should be? It's also not confirmed Tonelico=The Big Tree, but it's possible. Anyways they're not holding the LB in place, it seems we had a LB3 scenario and the Fantasy Tree was placed in the World Tree.

Which "Part 1" are you referring to, FGO part 1 Prologue? LB6 Prologue?
    Was referring to LB6.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Was referring to LB6.
    TranslateFGO patch via app or watching on Youtube on Neo's channel are the only ways right now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    But Oberon was up to saving Norwich in the quests to own Spriggan? At least from the dialogues translated on reddit linked here.
    No matter what, to him and the prophecy- Norwich was supposed to be destroyed. He knew while coming here, Artoria wouldn't be able to do anything.

Toneliko (which in JP is the name of the ash tree, and the world tree) was the first savior to appear in Britain. He stopped the war 6000 years ago (4000 fairy calendar) that Medb started between the north and the south. He then created the six-clan system, and later on when he died he was buried in Orkney, which on the map is where the tree is located. Hence the theory that he is somehow related to the tree itself in some way. Tonelico reincarnates to save britain from disaster every 1000 years or so, and among these incarnations are Grimm the wise, and now the child of prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also right now for a translation from the start there's only Rayshift's TL, which quality I cannot attest to because I haven't checked it, you can probably find that on youtube. Otherwise translations from the start will be going up on fgoguide shortly so.
    Thanks.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Do you guys think this is the Fairy Language on Excalibur/Avalon? Curious since I'm not really sure.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    No, it's too technical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Norwich should be the event that give C. Artoria the resolve to take on her responsibilities,but Masu and MC destroyed that opportunity.

Blog Entries
    Just a small bit of trivia: if you pay close attention (and use an earphone), it is possible to hear the sound of ocean waves during the loading screen between scenes of the story of LB6.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Do you guys think this is the Fairy Language on Excalibur/Avalon? Curious since I'm not really sure.
    The letters on Avalon and Excalibur are too stylistic to compare with.
    Avalon/Excalibur

Here are some fairy letters in other Divine Construct for reference. Though there are resemblances imo, I can't comment much since I'm unfamiliar with it.
    Caliburn

Arondight

No letters for Galatine for some reason, maybe because it was drawn by huke instead of Koyama, who drew the rest.

Seeing there are these kind fairies as well, I wonder how Morgan would deal with them, considering her dislike in My Room.