Page 3342 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2342284232423292333233373340334133423343334433473352339234423842 ... LastLast
Results 66,821 to 66,840 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    One thing that confused me when reading it was the actual resurrection of Nobu. Because the profile description is pretty explicit about it being a strengthening-type NP, and doesn't mention anything about the whole "bring back nobu" bit, and meanwhile, in-story it was never used to strengthen Nobu, but just to bring her back, so it was kinda ??? on what they wanted it to be storywise. Though I mean, the resurrection thing does make sense considering the spider lily is the "resurrection lily" and all, but yeah.
    My understanding is that “die for buffs” is the pre-fusion effect and “stay alive and summon Maou” is the post-fusion one.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I assume Nobukatsu's NP after merging with Brother Turtle's Saint Graph seems only work once, otherwise the result would be his death again but Nobu got resurrected in his place. Now I'm curious if next Gudaguda will bring up this plot point if Nobukatsu were to use his NP and survive it, and DW simply chose to not implement it in gameplay.

The Gudaguda 5 after stories are fun, but my favorite is how Avenger Nobu just won't stop making fun of Kagetora's historical demise every time the two interacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    My understanding is that “die for buffs” is the pre-fusion effect and “stay alive and summon Maou” is the post-fusion one.
    Makes sense, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    So...any info on this event's second half?
    It's the typical after-story gag stuff. You go back to the singularity to help the servants you left behind, there's da vinci's rice crisis, MHX is having vitamin deficiency, skadi is on a beach vacation.

I'm gonna start translating the event story sometime next week (assuming no one snipes me, but doubt), and then we'll see if the second half I can be bothered with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    一刀繚亂 (1)
    二者穿一 (2)
    参全世界 (3)
    明鏡肆水 (4)

Tell me, tell me
    if that is still allowed

Illuminate the path
    far, far yonder

Dark clouds flow
    like burned ash

May they reach my people
    waiting for rain that never comes

When I peer into the mirror
    earnest feelings brim forth

Life radiates
    trusting only in justice

Tell me, tell me
    if that is still allowed

Illuminate the path
    far, far yonder

Prayers fill my breast
    as I look to the end of the sky

Like a rolling stone
    Go forth, my people

Where can a flightless bird go
    without wings or hands to carry it?

Westward, eastward
    not awaiting the endless rain

I peer into the mirror, but nothing is reflected
    Where is the answer?

Life crawls
    able to do no wrong

But light the distant path
    one last time

Tell me, tell me
    if that is still allowed

Illuminate the path
    far, far yonder

Prayers fill my breast
    as I look to the end of the sky

Like a rolling stone
    go forth, my people
    walk where you please

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Like a rolling stone
    go forth, my people
    walk where you please
    Himiko has good taste huh

So is the thing Himiko enters in contact via her mirror foxface or not

Because it feels too....good? To be Foxface? Since ya know gigantic smug fox bitch responsible for Tamamo and how she more or less says she will try to destroy mankind one day for funzies?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We were never given any reason to believe it is.

I sorta assume it was because if something happens in India/Asia its always Foxface's fault anyways since she is apparently a lot of head gods since syncretism and all that. And it's a mirror connecting to stars (celestial/sun) which kinda screams Amaterasu so....

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Himiko doesn't even my room line for any Tamamo.

I like tamamo a lot, but not everything in japan needs to revolve round her syncrenetism (remove it)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I don't have Himiko and need to read her profile. But there was nothing in the story about divinity in her case. Just the ability to see other worlds and possibilities, and her oracles from someone/somewhere.

In keeping her lore and dialogue agnostic it almost feels like they're trying to separate Yayoi era mythology from later religion. At the very end of the epilogue for example, she and Ichiyo explain what the final Haniwa is and it's Nobunaga that interprets it as a collection of preta/hungry ghosts. When Himiko hears that she's like "oh yeah that sounds right". They also talk about death as "returning to the light" instead of in the usual Buddhist way.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I like tamamo a lot, but not everything in japan needs to revolve round her syncrenetism (remove it)
    Not saying I like it but its definitely something that happens a lot what with Gozu Tennoh who is Indra who is Susanooh and thus Shuten and Raikou hating each other change from their differing ways of handling their nature to 'Lol its Orochi vs Susanooh round 2 but with sluts'

It feels like some lol Zeus/Odin/Indra are all descended from a single god reach

Then again Nasu read that idiotic Scatatch is a Goddess fanfiction from some no source hippies and went "Totally legit bro" alongside SMT references

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    is there something wrong with that?

Himiko has Divinity if we go by Kiara's line for her.

Quote Originally Posted by BoktaiMoon View Post
    Not saying I like it but its definitely something that happens a lot what with Gozu Tennoh who is Indra who is Susanooh and thus Shuten and Raikou hating each other change from their differing ways of handling their nature to 'Lol its Orochi vs Susanooh round 2 but with sluts'

It feels like some lol Zeus/Odin/Indra are all descended from a single god reach

Then again Nasu read that idiotic Scatatch is a Goddess fanfiction from some no source hippies and went "Totally legit bro" alongside SMT references
    Nasu's not the one doing research on this stuff but yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

For the record, Scathach possibly being a goddess isn’t the problem, as there are sources within the Ulster Cycle itself as well as interpretations from legitimate scholars and commentators to suggest she might’ve been one, or, at the very least, a supernatural entity from a hellish side of the Otherworld. (Side note: compelling evidence and cases for Cu Chulainn and others in the Ulster Cycle being gods or goddesses also exist.) The problem comes from whoever at Type-Moon used Barbara Walker’s syncretism of Skadi with Scathach. (Incoming blah blah.) It seems Walker tried to pull this off by using Turville-Petre’s comments about the origin of Skadi’s name being unknown, but speculation said it could be related to the Old Norse noun skadi, meaning harm or injury, or the Gothic skadus and Old English sceadu, meaning shadow or shade. Walker also borrowed Turville-Petre’s speculation that, based on these meanings and a couple of other details, Skadi may have been a goddess of darkness, death and/or destruction (which Scathach might’ve been as well in addition to being a war goddess). From there, Walker made the connection with Scathach because shadow and death, man.

US Friend Code
    I'm not well read on the Proto-Indo-Europeans and know this is off-topic but isn't this pretty well accepted? Unlike Scathach-Skadi.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm not well read on the Proto-Indo-Europeans and know this is off-topic but isn't this pretty well accepted? Unlike Scathach-Skadi.
    You may be thinking of the "Storm God slays the Sea Serpent" myth trope from the Proto-Indo-Europeans theories that compares different myths around that common subject (althought is Thor instead of Odin). Nasu and Narita should be aware of this theory because it seems there is a connection between Tiamat, Leviathan and Moby Dick on FSF built around this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And Jiao expresses kinship to Moby Dick/Leviathan, so I guess Qin Shi Huang is China's storm god.