Page 3360 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2360286032603310335033553358335933603361336233653370341034603860 ... LastLast
Results 67,181 to 67,200 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Is this implying the Moon Landing was a hoax? What about Voyager?
    The French already had their fake moon landing according to Apo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Both of who came from way outside of the supercluster that is humanity's awareness most likely.
    Chaos did mention that he made the machine gods in order to bypass some barrier separaring universes didnt it? and then, they flew in space for enough time that 3 generations of deities supplanted one another

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    See when the textures are built by human mythology and belief it makes sense. But when the textures are built upon *actual observations* it becomes nonsense. Like why would humanity subconsciously decide the specific values for constants? Was the solar system actually geocentric until Copernicus decide that's nonsense?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; November 29th, 2020 at 12:37 PM.

US Friend Code
    Aren't the stars in the Atlantis texture pretty different from real stars?

Kirschstaria used them to make a shield against Rhongomyniad, so yes.

I can already see that "Galaxy Level with Rhongomyniad" in Lartoria's profile on the VS wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Like why would humanity subconsciously decide the specific values for constants?
    Anthropic principle.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    Kirschstaria used them to make a shield against Rhongomyniad, so yes.

I can already see that "Galaxy Level with Rhongomyniad" in Lartoria's profile on the VS wiki.
    there is a reason why no one worth their salt in VS discussions actually quotes that garbage page

At least mage the ascension had the excuse of the technocracy giving people "science" (aka magic accepted by the consensus)

I think I finally figured out the Animusphere/Alien God's endgame. Their goal is to "create" one singular true "timeline" and eliminate all differing possibilities, because this is the only way in which they can actually guarantee humanity's future. All the signs are there.

In Atlantis, Kirschtaria said that the Alien God is a God that is only looking for the one true answer.
    In Mortalis Stella, Olga Marie remembers her father's words, even if she doesn't quite understand them. "What does having a clear future (明晰な未来) mean?" she asks him. He doesn't reply. But we can read "clear future" as a defined future, a future that isn't subject to change.
    In Solomon, Marisbury's said that he believes the foundation of the Human Order is flaky and uncertain, and his objective is to ensure that humanity can continue into the future.
    In Melty Blood Back Alley Alliance Nightmare, Sialim breaks down saying that it's impossible to protect a future made of infinite possibilities, because nobody can analyze that much information.

Quote Originally Posted by rocohanda View Post
    I think I finally figured out the Animusphere/Alien God's endgame. Their goal is to "create" one singular true "timeline" and eliminate all differing possibilities, because this is the only way in which they can actually guarantee humanity's future. All the signs are there.

In Atlantis, Kirschtaria said that the Alien God is a God that is only looking for the one true answer.
    In Mortalis Stella, Olga Marie remembers her father's words, even if she doesn't quite understand them. "What does having a clear future (明晰な未来) mean?" she asks him. He doesn't reply. But we can read "clear future" as a defined future, a future that isn't subject to change.
    In Solomon, Marisbury's said that he believes the foundation of the Human Order is flaky and uncertain, and his objective is to ensure that humanity can continue into the future.
    In Melty Blood Back Alley Alliance Nightmare, Sialim breaks down saying that it's impossible to protect a future made of infinite possibilities, because nobody can analyze that much information.
    Oh hey it's that /fgog/ post. Which I generally agree with.
    I'm very interested in the mechanics involved. Chaldeas with a possible copy of the soul of the planet. Chaldeas cracking like an egg, perhaps signifying birth of the "Foreign God". Why does Bluebook's accounting of the events of the "invasion" differ from what we at Chaldea and Kirsch observed? Why did the trees supposedly hunt down people and pierce them with roots? Do they need to be "rooted" within people? The bodies are gone after all, and if you intend to rewrite history and manipulate reality, "rooting" your device for doing so within humans who have the collective ability to manipulate reality makes sense. Why do U-Olga, the Priestess and the "Foreign God" all seem so different, with different motives, personalities and memories? Why was a tree version of Olga seemingly dissected at Area 51?
    I sure am interested in the future, but I don't expect to get solid answers until LB7.

I think it's a bit deeper and more complicated than that. I'd say it ties into how the human texture, or rather the extent of the "human awareness", affects something much further beyond just Earth. For example Ayala (mankind) is the thing that governs pruning/timelines which surely affects the entire solar system at the very least, then you also have that tie into Suzuka's NP. I think Mizu talked about this at some point but I can't find it so I'll just paraphrase my own paraphrasing here:

In Buddhism the universe is made of 3 billion solar systems (a great trichiliocosm). A galaxy is made of 3000 solar systems (a small trichiliocosm), and 1000 small trichiliocosms make up a trichiliocosm, which actually aligns with the real scale of galaxies, galaxy clusters, and superclusters. so you have that 1 galaxy = 1 sanzensekai (3000 worlds), 1000 galaxies (a galaxy cluster) = 1 sanzendaisekai, and 1000 galaxy clusters (a supercluster) = the sanzendaisensekai. So you can extrapolate from here and do some LB theorizing and think about how a fantasy tree has a galaxy inside it, but it also represents an entire timeline (or texture, but whatever), which is a lostbelt. This sort of supports that a timeline is somehow connected to a galaxy, and then with Suzuka's NP (Trichiliocosm) she can see every and all timelines, and that connection makes itself, pretty much.

It's kinda rambling but the point is that there's some deeper connection between space (galaxies and clusters and the universe at large) and textures/timelines. It's not that none of it is "real" like we didn't land on the moon because it's not actually there or anything, but there's definitely something fucky with the whole interaction between the human texture/scale of human awareness and the rest of the universe.
    Miss me with this buddist shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It would be pretty simple to explain as "our texture has a moon that's a giant rock thst reflects sunlight, while AoG textures had it be a magic chariot/the eye of some god/a lantern put there by another god/whatever".
    But textures are somehow confined to the planet Earth despite clearly encompassing much more than it (since Ishtar can pull out Venus or whatever).
    Simple is better.

it works because he's intentionally simplifying it to a false equivalent. It's no different from "outer gods are fictional but exist". Even if it turns out that our solar system is "fictional" in the sense that it only is the way it is because of the human texture, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it would just be somehow different from the way it's all "drawn up" by the human texture.
    All of this is cool and everything and the concept of textures is a good idea as of the understanding of all the mythologies in the same planet/world, but kinda make all the effort of humanity in reach space pointless as it turns out we haven't leave home actually/we are still trapped in a bubble basically limited by our own understanding.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The last part of Imaginary Scramble chapter 4. The big exposition dump, which I believe is the longest scene in the event.

Featuring Skadi being more compentent as a Lostbelt king than she was in her Lostbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Oh hey it's that /fgog/ post. Which I generally agree with.
    I'm very interested in the mechanics involved. Chaldeas with a possible copy of the soul of the planet. Chaldeas cracking like an egg, perhaps signifying birth of the "Foreign God". Why does Bluebook's accounting of the events of the "invasion" differ from what we at Chaldea and Kirsch observed? Why did the trees supposedly hunt down people and pierce them with roots? Do they need to be "rooted" within people? The bodies are gone after all, and if you intend to rewrite history and manipulate reality, "rooting" your device for doing so within humans who have the collective ability to manipulate reality makes sense. Why do U-Olga, the Priestess and the "Foreign God" all seem so different, with different motives, personalities and memories? Why was a tree version of Olga seemingly dissected at Area 51?
    I sure am interested in the future, but I don't expect to get solid answers until LB7.

Spoiler:
    It's me, who has been pushing this theory for probably months.
    Forgive the long post, but I'll just put it all down in a single place.

Regarding the contradictions between Kadoc's research and Kirschtaria's account and the alleged invasion/genocide described by David Bluebook and the random remnants of civilization Chaldea has found scattered around the world, I think Kadoc and Kirschtaria are correct. After all, Limbo almost killed Kadoc for a reason. He was getting too close to the truth.

According to the research that made Limbo beat Kadoc into a coma, the Alien God's target was never humanity. The "bleaching" was glorified terraforming, and humans were simply in the way. It's an "invader" that can't exist in the PHH, so it needed Earth to be a "blank state" before descending. But it knew enough about humanity (either through research or because it's an entity originally from Earth) to target Chaldea first. Kadoc specified that it's very careful and thoroughly prepared.

The story of an Alien God out for revenge, that systematically eliminates mankind through cruel murder-trees, seems fake. Because Kadoc's research said that the Alien God doesn't care about humans, and also because of the order of the events. Kirsch's testimony said that Earth was "bleached" instantly, without giving humanity a chance to fight back, and the Fantasy Trees didn't descend on Earth until after it was tabula rasa. That means that there were already no humans on Earth once the Fantasy Trees arrived.

So what's up with David Bluebook's story, then? It's probably related to how the "Alien God" is allegedly able to fabricate history. Ophelia's report said that Skadi remembers a history that shouldn't have happened. David Bluebook's memories might be similar in nature? Maybe it's one big "montage"? After all, there was someone waiting for Bluebook in Area 51. The invasion and the Alien God (which Kadoc said it's not really a God but rather a new type of entity humans could only describe as a God) could be part of a script, just like back in Salem.

As for the relationship between U-Olga, the Alien Priestess, the "voice" that woke up Kirschtaria and the "Alien God'' of Kadoc's research, that one is both easier and harder to explain, I think. Mostly because it could have many explanations.

U-Olga's over-the-top personality and alleged motivation don't match the "voice", or the Alien God of Kadoc's research, or the Alien Priestess; but she matches the "script" of an angry alien that wants to eliminate mankind in an act of vengeance. U-Olga is like a cheesy B-movie invader from outer space out for revenge on the foolish Earthlings that cruelly experimented on her brethren. But even if U-Olga acts like it would be expected for the Alien God in David Bluebook's story to act, it's still glaring how she acts nothing like the "voice" or like the Priestess. Despite that, Guda and Mashu still identified her as Olga. But we can't say that U-Olga is the only Olga.

So then, the Priestess acts nothing like U-Olga, but she is also likely Olga Marie. We know that she has been constantly trying to communicate with the other characters, although nobody can quite understand her. She appeared in LB4 and LB5 in front of Guda and Mashu, and they both could feel like she wanted to tell them something but was unable to do so. The game's script also made sure to point out that she was around when Guda decided to save Gordolf and Charlotte, which kinda seem like stand-ins for Olga Marie.

What more directly connects the Priestess to Olga Marie is her appearance in Moonlight/Lostroom. She was implied to be the Olga Marie that appeared in the "lostroom" and that the materials described as "dream of absence" (which matches with the Priestess being described as a void in the shape of a person). Why didn't Ritsuka recognize her back then? That's another weird mystery, because they immediately recognized U-Olga as Olga, and the Priestess is clearly connected to U-Olga. Pepe called the Priestess "U-chan" (a name she didn't like), which seems to be in reference to U-Olga; Kirschtaria also told her in one of the first chapters of Olympus that the Tree of Fantasy was almost ready for the descent of her body. And in the end U-Olga manifested from the Tree of Fantasy (or at least from Atlas' Saint Graph, I guess).

But even if the Priestess is connected to U-Olga, their personalities couldn't be more different. The Priestess has been trying to talk and be understood for 5 Lostbelts, why would she immediately kill everyone as soon as she finally is able to speak? There is also the Priestess "telling" to Kirei to "not do anything to Chaldea" because she, Kirei interpreted, wanted to see the resolution of their fight with Kirschtaria. But then later on U-Olga acted surprised that Chaldea was still around (which is odd since the Priestess had been following them like a stalker) and scolded Kirei for failing to kill them. That's a direct ontradiction to what the Priestess "told" him barely a couple of scenes ago.

So in the end, are the Priestess and U-Olga really the same person, or not? Why are they so different? And then there is the "voice", who also acts nothing like either the Priestess or U-Olga. The "voice" was described as cold, distant and uncaring; it was very well-spoken and seemed to have everything perfectly planned and calculated, there was no passion or anger in its tone. This "voice" sounds nothing like U-Olga, but it's actually a perfect match for the "Alien God" described in Kadoc's research.

I said that explaining the differences between the entities identified as the "Alien God" is both easier and harder because explanation could really be anything at this point. Alter Egos of Olga Marie, the "separation of the body, heart and soul" stuff that Hakuno experienced, Olga Marie being like Arc and Archetype Earth or like "Flat" and FLAT, the "voice" being Marisbury or Chaldeas itself, or Olga Marie being brainwashed into believing the "script" by a mastermind. Maybe the answer is a mix of a couple of different theories.

I don't think it will be explained until LB7, when Daybit, who obviously has known everything from the start, will finally speak to Chaldea, but I hope they will give more hints in the next few chapters. Holmes, Guda and Mashu are supposed to be on their way to investigate more about Olga Marie and the Animusphere in Chaldea Base, and Mashu did promise the Priestess that she was going to try to properly listen to her the next time.
    Last edited by rocohanda; December 1st, 2020 at 12:43 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm pleasantly surprised at how Imaginary Scramble raised my impressions of Xiang Yu, Skadi, and Yang so much. Nice one, Amphibian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post

All of this is cool and everything and the concept of textures is a good idea as of the understanding of all the mythologies in the same planet/world, but kinda make all the effort of humanity in reach space pointless as it turns out we haven't leave home actually/we are still trapped in a bubble basically limited by our own understanding.
    Maybe thats why Nasu made the end goal "humanity reaching the stars"

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised at how Imaginary Scramble raised my impressions of Xiang Yu, Skadi, and Yang so much. Nice one, Amphibian.
    At the cost of finding out that Oei is, in fact, human garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    that's no surprise. both Hokusai were great artist but had horrible lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Well, duh.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by rocohanda View Post
    So what's up with David Bluebook's story, then? It's probably related to how the "Alien God" is allegedly able to fabricate history. Ophelia's report said that Skadi remembers a history that shouldn't have happened. David Bluebook's memories might be similar in nature? Maybe it's one big "montage"? After all, there was someone waiting for Bluebook in Area 51. The invasion and the Alien God (which Kadoc said it's not really a God but rather a new type of entity humans could only describe as a God) could be part of a script, just like back in Salem.
    I'm still clinging to the belief that Bluebook and Daybit are intrinsically related, more specifically that Daybit is experiencing a sort of New Game+. Giving it a bit more thought regarding how Bluebook's account differs (and by all means it should not be because of any personal mistake since we know he's a genius in that department) I think it would make sense to eventually show that all the Bluebook parts have actually happened in the past or similar, and something happened in Area 51 to "send him back", at which point he knew of the entire plan, which both explains his extensive knowledge that surpasses any other character, as well as some smaller hints and stuff like how mats literally say he's from Nevada and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm still sticking to my idea that MB is contributing to humanity's stated goal of going to real outer space, but leaving the Earth's texture and making the successful timeline the only timeline are far from mutually exclusive, and is actually something you probably would want to do if you cleared the ultimate goal in only 1 timeline.