Page 3286 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 2286278631863236327632813284328532863287328832913296333633863786 ... LastLast
Results 65,701 to 65,720 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Considering the Ultraman reference (alien god wanting to fight ORT and Nasu said you need to call Ultraman for ORT, plus there is an Ultrawoman name Marie)...maybe.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Beast 'VII Ultra' Olga is as obvious as it can be.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Guda has always been a doormat with infinite tolerance for chronic backstabbers (Mephisto, Amakusa) and if Summer 2019 is any indication he'll even let his Servants go around killing innocents by the side, compared to that this is almost reasonable. It's not out of what little character he has to go along with people making questionable moves while still acknowledging them as trusted allies.
    What Guda thinks about this is immaterial since he wasn't told about it, but the fact that Sion and Holmes specifically didn't want him to know shows that they clearly don't think he's just going to handwave it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    As revealed in LB5, the whole LB plot was a lie. Its purpose was to prepare a body for the alien god to descend. Originally only LB5 was chosen due to its quality. The 6 other LBs were only added later on by Kirshtaria's demand. He told the alien god that he won't go with the plan unless his friends are also revived and given a fair chance.

The alien god could not descend if the planet was not blanked, so the order of the blanking was backwards. Kirshtaria knew about this, so he tampered with the tree in LB5 which was supposed to be the alien god's body. He summoned Atlas inside said tree so that he can jam the descending of the alien god, then use the magic energy to turn all surviving humans on the planet into gods and use Atlas' ability to make LB the new texture. Plan failed, alien god still arrives, LB5 destroyed.

So the blanking of the planet is actually more like freezing the time tree. singularities and such are still there, but they lie dormant and you can rayshift there to take them out (hence events like Ooku and Enmatei could happen). And the alien god did not need any LBs at all. Once it was done descending, it was about to consume the entire LB5 for a meal. Basically all LBs will eventually get wiped out by the alien god anyways, after it got the desired body. So it doesn't matter which one win, the strongest tree would become its body and it will feast on said winner too.
    The part about the other Lostbelts existing due to Kirschtaria's existence was actually explained in LB2. So if the alien god wins, there's not going to be any history left on the planet? (Proper History blanked+ no Lostbelts to take its place). Setting aside how that would work, how would Singularities even do anything in the present when there IS no present?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://old.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...erlude_summary

Sigurd interlude, full of happy feelings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    So if the alien god wins, there's not going to be any history left on the planet? (Proper History blanked+ no Lostbelts to take its place). Setting aside how that would work, how would Singularities even do anything in the present when there IS no present?
    No. Like I said our history is still there, but frozen, together with a bunch of singularities. Even if you win, you'll still have to go to those singularities to take them out at the end of the day. Singularities can grow into a LB. So even if there is no way to bring our full time tree back, QSH can basically turn it into a brand new LB texture and find a way to pin it down the planet to make it the new history. Kirshtaria summoned also Atlas for this purpose, Atlas has the Authority to do pin the texture down. So during the course of working with Chaldea, QSH can look into what is available in our history that is similar to Rhongo or Atlas to make his brand new super China the new texture.

The troublesome part is not about making new history from blank, it's about dealing with the alien god. If we lose, QSH will take over as the protector of panhuman history, so he basically will be the next in the line to fight against the alien god. As to how would he do that when we failed to do so, we don't know. If he's really confident that he can pull that off after we lost, then he definitely already had something else planned. The man has layers upon layers of plans.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    So be doesn't just share a seiyuu with Lelouch... seriously though, this guy has given Code Geass vibes since LB3.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Speaking of which, Sieg says, Siegfried doesn't remember fighting Fafnir. Comparing it to chess or shogi, making a single mistake is fatal and doesn't remember how he beat it. Sigurd says it's common, even if he remembers winning against Fafnir, if ask how he fought, he'll wonder how. When asked if he used the sword, he says yes, but feels strange, since he remembers more daily lives than fierce battles. He wonders if that's all right.
    So Siegfried remembers the fight but not how he won, and Sigurd remembers how he won but not the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    So be doesn't just share a seiyuu with Lelouch... seriously though, this guy has given Code Geass vibes since LB3.
    They're nothing alike.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

To be fair, QSH is more like successful Schneizel, but he has Lelouch's willingness to admit when he's wrong and now, a belief in ideological struggle.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Now I'm curious, are Brunhilde and Brynhildr written exactly the same in Japanese?

Also when will they finally do Siegfried justice and give us Kriemhilde gdi

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post

Well that ending was cute. Bryn didn't even stab him this time.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Now I'm curious, are Brunhilde and Brynhildr written exactly the same in Japanese?
    Googling it, Japanese Wikipedia does take note of the various spellings at least: ブリュンヒルド (Brynhildr), ブリュンヒルデ (Brünnhilde), ブリュンヒルト (Brünhilt) etc etc.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Good Lord, Tell's interlude.

atalanta no
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Googling it, Japanese Wikipedia does take note of the various spellings at least: ブリュンヒルド (Brynhildr), ブリュンヒルデ (Brünnhilde), ブリュンヒルト (Brünhilt) etc etc.
    I see. And from what I can tell, hers is actually Brünnhilde in Japanese, but they romanized as Brynhild in the Mats and FGO EN...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Brynhild makes sense if they want to emphasize Sigurd's nordic roots vs. Siegfried's germanic, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    So Siegfried remembers the fight but not how he won, and Sigurd remembers how he won but not the fight.
    Kinda weird, cause Siegfried lost his memory because of the lack of records, but Sigurd has those complete with hiding in trenches and stabbing upwards. Hell, I could swear Bolverk Gram having him throwing and punching the sword was a reference to that stab you know? The way Sigurd described this here with ''it's common'' makes it sound like nobody will remember a battle against an Evil Dragon.

I honestly think the explanation is more mundane, like you know the adrenaline of the battle makes it a blur, or Sigurd generally doesn't remember battles.

JP Friend Code
    inb4 Watson was a magus

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post

This is nice but I think I'll wait for a translation that doesn't need retranslation.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.