Page 3731 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 273132313631368137213726372937303731373237333736374137813831 ... LastLast
Results 74,601 to 74,620 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    What did she mean by this
    Just remembered, but there was also this from Nasu's own blog
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    CONTEXT -- READ FIRST

Learn More With Manga! FGO ch26: http://www.fate-go.jp/manga_fgo2/comic26.html

English translation: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2395462

Matsuryu, Helena's artist, then tweeted this (NSFW): https://twitter.com/matsuryun/status/741602992596488192

---------------------------------------------

■ Authentic Record ~ This is how I was abducted.

It happened when I was traveling in southern Nevada.
    I had a mysterious nighttime experience when those London supremacists tried to humiliate me.
    I'd decided to meditate that day in the Eastern cross-legged position.

"Whew! Look, Helena-kun, the stars are out tonight! By the way, Helena-kun, what do you think of the Nazca Lines?"

Olcott-kun was really hig- I mean, he was drunk.
    He was frolicking about like a child while he started to draw a crop circle. I let him be because I'd already gotten used to how weird Edison and Bell were.

"Why don't you try shooting a beam for an instant at the lower part here? Look, doesn't it look like a titan of light? Maybe this is the Hierarchy you saw, Helena-kun. By the way, what's this silver disc hovering above my head?"

Lemuria! (definition: I done goofed!)
    It was all over when, sensing danger, I reached for my coat.
    I lost consciousness to a dazzling light, and when I woke up I was lying on a bed with white sheets.
    I couldn't freely move.
    But I knew how to take advantage of the situation. It's gotta be my sixth sense.

"Just our luck. I hate it when something obstructs our warp-out...."
    "Dude, this planet's a real drag. Wanna destroy it?"

I had no idea what they were talking about.
    I just vaguely grasped "oh, the Earth's ending?"

"Before that, what about this native? Should we return it?"
    "Yeah, yeah. Then we'll blow up the planet. Oh, but first, try that. C'mon."
    "You mean that? The Galactic Big Bang Gacha? Good idea, we might as well celebrate!"
    "Alright, let's just push the button with the native's finger. Not like we'll roll- SAY WHAT!?"
    "You got something!? You got a SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSR rare character!? The odds are even lower than a Big Bang happening!"
    "Damn, this native's luck is insane... that's just terrifying, rolling a Universal Genesis tier...
    And it'd be A B S U R D to destroy this planet now!"
    "We have to guard it carefully. But other intelligent beings won't let this chance slide. When's the next Big Bang Gacha going to be held?"
    "56,600,000,000 years from now, apparently. Until then, we have to protect this planet... And we can't let the other intelligences find out... And we can't let it evolve in a way that's self-destructive..."
    "...This adorable native... No, now she's an angel to us... Should we grant some of our wisdom to this angel?"
    "Let us teach her. We'll let her contact the Root, but stop just short of letting her touch the Galactic Arts. Even if she'll never understand the theory behind magic and superpowers, she'll be able to practice them. There we go."

They were working on something incredible that didn't concern me... that's the feeling I got.
    Their technology sent my consciousness somewhere around Alpha Centauri, and I managed to touch something amazing before I came back.

When I came to, I was in the Nevada desert again.
    I told Olcott-kun what I experienced , but he just prattled something about "Rolling that on the first ticket is an urban legend lolololol" and when I fired a Mahatma ray at him (it actually worked when I tried it. Wow.) he passed out.
    Then I stripped off his clothes as punishment, and walked 20 km to the next town on my own.

There were lots of falling stars that night.
    I stifled my beating chest while I increased the speed of my new flying saucer.
    ----No matter what, I have to publish my story in a book.
    I was wrapped up in that dream, and a sense of duty, you see.

■■■

Helena: "Just kidding! Would you believe gossip like that, Gudao-kun?"
    Gudao: "Um, that really happened, didn't it?"

Dedicated to Matsuryu-san.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Gudao is barely a character and how is saving Olga is "total victory"?
    Romani, Musashi, Holmes? Ophelia, Kirschtaria, Pepe? There are still a lot of "good" people dead. Gudao was there when Beryl murdered Kirsch, for example.
    That is if we will forget about Lostbelt inhabitants as "those who shouldn't even exists", otherwise count of those who weren't saved will be millions.
    As I see it, all these losses are exactly the reason why they'd try so hard to save Olga. Not being able to save the Lostbelts inhabitants, the Crypters and so on weights on their mind, so it matters so much more to save at least someone (see: LB6; Tunguska). In this context Olga's case is even stronger, as she's someone who no one else would try to save or sacrifice anything for, much like the Lostbelts, or the forgotten animals killed by the Tunguska meteor.

Basically, the Lostbelt tragedy is entirely composed of nameless, forgotten victims, and I think finally managing to save someone no ever cared about or recognized like Olga would tie it up very well (on top of her being Chaldea's first failure as fumei said).

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    As I see it, all these losses are exactly the reason why they'd try so hard to save Olga. Not being able to save the Lostbelts inhabitants, the Crypters and so on weights on their mind, so it matters so much more to save at least someone (see: LB6; Tunguska). In this context Olga's case is even stronger, as she's someone who no one else would try to save or sacrifice anything for, much like the Lostbelts, or the forgotten animals killed by the Tunguska meteor.

Basically, the Lostbelt tragedy is entirely composed of nameless, forgotten victims, and I think finally managing to save someone no ever cared about or recognized like Olga would tie it up very well (on top of her being Chaldea's first failure as fumei said).
    A parallel could be drawn to Kiritsugu in Fate/Zero and FSN; after being unable to save everyone as he had craved and leaving countless bodies in his wake, he learned to be content with saving a single dull, ordinary boy that nobody else would miss.
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; June 15th, 2022 at 04:50 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Weed is an ultra-potent magic drug as per Kara no Kyoukai

- - - Updated - - -

Given the connection between the background lore of Holmes, Moriarty and Helena with Area 51 and Outer God shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if Alien God (which has been referred to as "Satan" by Amakusa) is actually just Sanat Kumara (Regent of Planet Earth).
    Remind me of this twitter analysis lol:

Sanat Kumara -> Satan Karamu (サタン絡む - Satan involved)
    Also Venus origin. Type-Venus has plant/tree features.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post

Except if your risking all of humanity for her arent you just insulting the other nameless victims you were willing to sacrifice to save humanity

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    No because we still have their CE's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Except if your risking all of humanity for her arent you just insulting the other nameless victims you were willing to sacrifice to save humanity
    Double standards, gotta love em.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Unlike Part 1, the situations in Part 2 is less clear, and much more in the grey. At least in Part 1 there's a chance to restore Human Order by way of solving Singularities. Here, the Human Order is pretty much wiped clean. And what replaced it are inhabitants brought forth by an alien force. They're basically torn on what to do.

How would they restore humanity? Is defeating Alien God will bring the people back? Can it even be done to begin with? What if all they did was for nothing?

Not helping that many hints were thrown around throughout main story and events on how tired they are. Like moments after the cutting of the Trees, some Interludes(Kama's the one that stand out), various Valentine scenes, etc. shown they're hanging by a thread.

Possibility to save Olga is the single solace they could find among all these uncertainties, something that pushes them forward despite all the burdens from trying to salvage Human Order.

And Olga serves as a foil to them in a way; an excellent magus from prestigious family, with Magecraft that predates the Age of Gods, yet has no Rayshift aptitude and Servant summoning capabilities, exact opposite of Guda. Both also were thrusted with a role they're barely familiar with(Olga inherited her father's position, oblivious to all the secret projects he had been conducting and only finds out after the fact, and not even taught the basics to run Chaldea by him), but Guda got it better with all the people around them being supportive, something that she could've experienced had she not met her demise.

Personally, I hope they'd retire after Alien God's being dealt with now that a more fitting candidate exists, or at least have him taking the lead with them helping out.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Unlike Part 1, the situations in Part 2 is less clear, and much more in the grey. At least in Part 1 there's a chance to restore Human Order by way of solving Singularities. Here, the Human Order is pretty much wiped clean. And what replaced it are inhabitants brought forth by an alien force. They're basically torn on what to do.

How would they restore humanity? Is defeating Alien God will bring the people back? Can it even be done to begin with? What if all they did was for nothing?

Not helping that many hints were thrown around throughout main story and events on how tired they are. Like moments after the cutting of the Trees, some Interludes(Kama's the one that stand out), various Valentine scenes, etc. shown they're hanging by a thread.

Possibility to save Olga is the single solace they could find among all these uncertainties, something that pushes them forward despite all the burdens from trying to salvage Human Order.

And Olga serves as a foil to them in a way; an excellent magus from prestigious family, with Magecraft that predates the Age of Gods, yet has no Rayshift aptitude and Servant summoning capabilities, exact opposite of Guda. Both also were thrusted with a role they're barely familiar with(Olga inherited her father's position, oblivious to all the secret projects he had been conducting and only finds out after the fact, and not even taught the basics to run Chaldea by him), but Guda got it better with all the people around them being supportive, something that she could've experienced had she not met her demise.

Personally, I hope they'd retire after Alien God's being dealt with now that a more fitting candidate exists, or at least have him taking the lead with them helping out.
    You greatly underestimate Guda's near-inhuman determination. No matter what happens, they will absolutely never stop until either the Alien God is defeated or they are. And honestly, at this point I'm not sure they'd want to retire or anything like that. Whatever old life they once led now pales in comparison to all they have done and experienced in Chaldea, and its staff and Servants are essentially their family now. True, Kadoc may be more capable as a magus but Guda has the advantage of being the greater Master, possessing greater charisma and mental strength, and having the humanity to reject the ruthlessness needed to be a decent magus in favor of kindness and fairness. Besides, the more fitting Master candidate wouldn't have lost when they fought.

Regarding the Human Order: if it was truly beyond recovery, Servant summoning would be impossible at this point and the timeline would be so broken that there wouldn't even be anything for Singularities to emerge from. If even Arcueid at maximum power couldn't just erase the texture of humanity, then it's likely that a similar mechanism applies with the Alien God- defeat it and the world will snap back to what it should be.

After the whole thing with Barghest in LB6, Guda and Mash make pretty clear where they stand in these things. There was no logical reason to defeat Barghest before Cernunnos and by trying they were just exposing themselves to danger, but they considered it mandatory because they could not stand the idea of Barghest destroying her hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    - defeat it and the world will snap back to what it should be.

Not necessarily since the plot still has Sirius Light dangling around and all we know about them is that they can apparently "reset" worlds

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Not necessarily since the plot still has Sirius Light dangling around and all we know about them is that they can apparently "reset" worlds
    That may be a possibility as well, although I distrust that explanation since we don't know if that's what it actually does yet. Hopefully Kadoc and/or Sion can give some answers later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    After the whole thing with Barghest in LB6, Guda and Mash make pretty clear where they stand in these things. There was no logical reason to defeat Barghest before Cernunnos and by trying they were just exposing themselves to danger, but they considered it mandatory because they could not stand the idea of Barghest destroying her hometown.
    And because it was her dying request as well, you forgot that part. (Not to mention that she might have broken out of the Lostbelt too.)

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    And because it was her dying request as well, you forgot that part. (Not to mention that she might have broken out of the Lostbelt too.)
    The point is that they could have dealt with her later. They didn't because they were willing to take that risk for Barghest's sake.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    The point is that they could have dealt with her later. They didn't because they were willing to take that risk for Barghest's sake.
    Yes, that's just the kind of heroism that makes Guda and Mash who they are. And I suspect it's that sense of right and wrong that makes Guda excel as a Master and as a member of Chaldea.

I might be incredibly stupid but I just realized the one thing all EoR sequels have in common is the return of the antagonist in the story. Kiara returns in Ooku, Abby returns in Nautilus, Douman returns in Heian-kyō, and Moriarty returns in Traum. Tunguska definitely has parallels to Agartha but this makes me wonder if Scheherazade will return. She’s… kind of the only one of the bunch that isn’t really important? But we’ll see.

EDIT: Also, any theories on Holmes’ High Servant components, assuming he’s like the other Apostles? Clearly something Buddhist or Buddhist-adjacent. Reminds me that Sanat Kumara is syncretized with the Buddhist deva Bonten in Japanese theosophy.
    Last edited by VTKajin; June 17th, 2022 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lostbelt 6.5 Traum: Chapter 9 - We're the Karl Commando Unit!

Also, normally I don't provide commentary whenever I do this, but check out the first picture of this post for a bit of a surprise.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    I might be incredibly stupid but I just realized the one thing all EoR sequels have in common is the return of the antagonist in the story. Kiara returns in Ooku, Abby returns in Nautilus, Douman returns in Heian-kyō, and Moriarty returns in Traum. Tunguska definitely has parallels to Agartha but this makes me wonder if Scheherazade will return. She’s… kind of the only one of the bunch that isn’t really important? But we’ll see.

EDIT: Also, any theories on Holmes’ High Servant components, assuming he’s like the other Apostles? Clearly something Buddhist or Buddhist-adjacent. Reminds me that Sanat Kumara is syncretized with the Buddhist deva Bonten in Japanese theosophy.
    Schez is just a good person, why would she be antagonist again?

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Schez is just a good person, why would she be antagonist again?
    Never said they all returned *as* antagonists. Only Douman did. The rest returned as allies (Moriarty in a grey area).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Also, normally I don't provide commentary whenever I do this, but check out the first picture of this post for a bit of a surprise.
    I'm not catching what the surprise is supposed to be.