Page 3483 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 248329833383343334733478348134823483348434853488349335333583 ... LastLast
Results 69,641 to 69,660 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Oh, so it's basically confirm that
    Spoiler:
    Marisbilly knew all along than Goetia and the 7 singularities were coming
    I'm curious on how he knew but Solomon didn't
    Then again, this gives points to the Marisbilly was the mastermind behind everything theories, and summoning Solomon could have been part of that

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Yet how much of "This is good" or "this is bad" about lostbelts will end up mattering since they're ultimately existing to be killed and destroyed by Guda and co in a way too.

Well, I guess its a matter of how much more justified it feels to go "Living our normal lives is better".

But considering Lostbelt 6 is all about faeries, can anything really be said whether or not it works for faeries, that it'd be good or bad for humans?
    That depends on how you view the faeries in a narrative sense. Personally, I take the view that like talking dogs in talking dog movies, they're essentially human characters with a unique dash of flavor to make them seem a bit more uncanny. If you take this view, then yes, any moral lessons can apply. Otherwise, I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Oh, so it's basically confirm that
    Spoiler:
    Marisbilly knew all along than Goetia and the 7 singularities were coming
    I'm curious on how he knew but Solomon didn't
    Then again, this gives points to the Marisbilly was the mastermind behind everything theories, and summoning Solomon could have been part of that
    He is really such a magus...doing "good" in the most horrifying, painful way possible. No wonder whoever it was that tried to murder him in Initium Iter tried it. It's a shame everything was in place by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I dismissed this as bullshit when I saw someone mention it a few hours ago, but now I'm seeing other people talk about it too, so I'm starting to grow curious. If it's real, then presumably final arrow spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Is there really a cannibal Beast Merlin at the bottom of the big pit?

It could explain Oberon having a passive that nerfs Merlin and only Merlin, with the intent being to use him in that fight...
    Spoiler:
    the thing at the bottom of a hole is Cernunos not merlin. We still have no idea about what merlin is doing
    Last edited by mhplayer; July 15th, 2021 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    That depends on how you view the faeries in a narrative sense. Personally, I take the view that like talking dogs in talking dog movies, they're essentially human characters with a unique dash of flavor to make them seem a bit more uncanny. If you take this view, then yes, any moral lessons can apply. Otherwise, I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

He is really such a magus...doing "good" in the most horrifying, painful way possible. No wonder whoever it was that tried to murder him in Initium Iter tried it. It's a shame everything was in place by then.

However, it's was because of those efforts Chaldea even existed to stop Goetia in the first place, and have a foundation that could oppose the Beasts they would cross due to the chain reaction

Nasu has mentioned in interviews and that sooner or later, the Beasts of Calamity/Incineration of Humanity was gonna happen. Goetia's circumstances as both Beast I and his omnipotentence/atemporal location meant that sooner or later there would be a Lev who didn't off himself.

Personal speculation time: I get the vibe from what we have seen/heard from Marisbilly is that he's basically the romantic pragmatist to Romani/Solomon's romantic pessimist.

Marisbilly did the dirty work of getting the foundation of Chaldea running, and when forced to choose his life over Chaldeas killed himself. He would accept death, and "let go of the world/hisfuture"

...Just like how Romani did at the end of the first Arc

Marisbilly interaction with Yu was also very Romani/Solomon. He neither tried to justify or apologize for what humans had done to her, and only offered an opportunity for solitude via Chaldeas isolation, and a chance at reuniting with the one she loved due to the Summoning system.

There is a reason Marisbilly refered to Solomon as : his one and only friend after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I dismissed this as bullshit when I saw someone mention it a few hours ago, but now I'm seeing other people talk about it too, so I'm starting to grow curious. If it's real, then presumably final arrow spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Is there really a cannibal Beast Merlin at the bottom of the big pit?

It could explain Oberon having a passive that nerfs Merlin and only Merlin, with the intent being to use him in that fight...
    Or alternatively...
    Spoiler:
    Cath Palug/Primate Murder finally killed/ate Merlin

But yeah, was there any mention of where this LB version of Cath Palug might be? Cause it's directly stated that Merlin left Cath Palug with Castoria, and the fact that there is no sign of him with Castoria is especially worrisome. Like think about it, nothing can really harm him, let alone kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by RootoftheDream View Post
    However, it's was because of those efforts Chaldea even existed to stop Goetia in the first place, and have a foundation that could oppose the Beasts they would cross due to the chain reaction

Nasu has mentioned in interviews and that sooner or later, the Beasts of Calamity/Incineration of Humanity was gonna happen. Goetia's circumstances as both Beast I and his omnipotentence/atemporal location meant that sooner or later there would be a Lev who didn't off himself.
    That adds further proof to my theory that the White Beast of Gaia is very much here in this lost belt,(A Cath Palug that reached full maturity and didn't give up his force of providence) while the order they were taken down doesn't match, the order of when they manifest is very much linear of the first, second, third, and then finally the fourth is looking to be next up in line of manifesting fully(Note I said fully, meaning that despite the power Beast 7 and koyanskaya have, they have not reached full maturity as proper beasts.)

"Fou has even demonstrated the ability to escape the Chains of Heaven or enter inside Nega-Genesis to aid Ritsuka by teleporting him right above Tiamat's weak spot, even though it can instantly destroy Servants by denying all established forms of life. Cath Palug feeds upon the Envy and regret of mankind to become stronger. He is also capable of teleportation, time reversal, and roars that can stun the undead."
    And that was all done while yet having fully matured into his beastial self, Primate Murder, the White Beast of Gaia, and there exists NO Altrouge Brunestud in this lostbelt that can keep a leash on him. Part 3 is going to be FUUUUUUUUUN!
    Last edited by A Lore Theorist; July 15th, 2021 at 06:26 AM.

Sudden Gransurg Blackmore comes in to rescue as a case files reference to recycle tsuki 2 stuff as he beats up Foumate Murder.

the fact that I think it would somehow be possible as a thing in fgo at all hurts me.

Sudden Gransurg Blackmore comes in to rescue as a case files reference to recycle tsuki 2 stuff as he beats up Foumate Murder.

the fact that I think it would somehow be possible as a thing in fgo at all hurts me.
    Plz no, we have all likely been low key curious what the White Beast of Gaia looks like in it's full unrestrained prowess, with how much it has been hinted at, it's ability to rival that of Type-Mercury in well "Large Depopulation Force", it's like all things are leading up both by the beast numerical order in fully manifesting and all that jazz, I want to be truly intimidated by it, as well all the prior Beasts have been, they all nailed the intimidation factor and a mountain to climb over each time in their own right. Again think of likely a bigger, scarier, and more vicious Hessien Lobo, but like NO obvious weak point
    Spoiler:

And out of all the Beasts, I find the Beast of Gaia to be especially terrifying, because there is no "intelligence" with him, there is no communicating with him, there is only pure and unaltered instinct which involves mass depopulation of people. So I can only imagine the terrifying gaze that will be directed at us.

It's c!ear that FGO's existence is clearly the result of a fan wishing for the Tsuhikime Remake/making Tsuhikime relevant again on the Fuyuki Grail. And what greater method to kill the hopes and dreams of man/and funding said Remake than the perpetual "motion" (gambling) machine that is gacha.

Angra does call his Grail a "faulty grab bag" in his FGO bond lines.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhplayer View Post
    Spoiler:
    the thing at the bottom of a hole is Cernunos not merlin. We still have no idea about what merlin is doing
    feels like a Chaos 2.0 with the way it's revealed tbh

I was having a hard time finding the right type of image for the intimidating wolf glare I think I found it.
    Spoiler:

Also holy, that is a bigger image than I thought it was. But yeah, that's kind of the image all the the hints have given me on what to expect from Primate Murder, a truly inhuman beast that wants you and every other living thing dead.

Quote Originally Posted by A Lore Theorist View Post
    I was having a hard time finding the right type of image for the intimidating wolf glare I think I found it.
    Spoiler:

Also holy, that is a bigger image than I thought it was. But yeah, that's kind of the image all the the hints have given me on what to expect from Primate Murder, a truly inhuman beast that wants you and every other living thing dead.

Personally I would like Primate Murder to be very lean and less tanky. Like comparing a Leopard vs a Lion.

Primate Murder in HA is compared by Angra to be the 1 in about qualiity and quantity when it comes to killing. It's not just strength. Its speed. Adapting. Growth.

Quote Originally Posted by RootoftheDream View Post
    Personally I would like Primate Murder to be very lean and less tanky. Like comparing a Leopard vs a Lion.

Primate Murder in HA is compared by Angra to be the 1 in about qualiity and quantity when it comes to killing. It's not just strength. Its speed. Adapting. Growth.
    So likely a bigger, more terrifying, and vicious Hessien Lobo?

And it was less about the structure of the image but more so the GAZE is what I was referring too, that gaze that like instills that sense of fear within a person like staying at something that instinctively makes you go pale with pure fear.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A Lore Theorist View Post
    Spoiler:

Is that Akira from Wolf Guy: Wolfen Crest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    feels like a Chaos 2.0 with the way it's revealed tbh
    Cernunnos is a bit less abrupt than Chaos. The Great Calamity is mentioned a few times beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chaos was also mentioned relatively frequently. Though I agree Cernunnos was better foreshadowed by having the Calamity of Norwich as the final boss of the first update.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Is that Akira from Wolf Guy: Wolfen Crest?
    Yep, I'd recognise that artstyle anywhere.

I can even remember the scene it's from, it's when those SWAT guys try to kill Haguro and Akira is seemingly caught in the middle of the crossfire only to transform into a werewolf for the first time (on screen anyways) and prove that he's not to be messed with by wiping out the assassins.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

So, a pair of questions that I don't know if were answered yet: is Percival a Lostbelt native? If so, how does he have the Lance of Longinus, did Jesus somehow also exist in the Lostbelt's history? Also, in this Lostbelt's timeline there was a Morgan alive thousands of years before for PHH Morgan to send her memories to, but is the same true for PHH Morgan? (In the sense of her actually being born before 500 AD in the PHH timeline too, somehow)

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TamamoRoute View Post
    So, a pair of questions that I don't know if were answered yet: is Percival a Lostbelt native? If so, how does he have the Lance of Longinus, did Jesus somehow also exist in the Lostbelt's history? Also, in this Lostbelt's timeline there was a Morgan alive thousands of years before for PHH Morgan to send her memories to, but is the same true for PHH Morgan? (In the sense of her actually being born before 500 AD in the PHH timeline too, somehow)
    He's a native from a local human factory. Lance of Longinus- AKA the Spear of Selection is Tonelicos, it's from the reverse side in this case. I don't get what you mean by the second question, PHH Morgan shouldn't be alive for a super long time I think in PHH.

Blog Entries
    Personally, I think the unlock in August is part 3. Pretty sure the fae will try their old tricks again which led to the first downfall, but this time the intended victims being MC and C.Artoria.

Do I need to spoiler the above?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    He's a native from a local human factory. Lance of Longinus- AKA the Spear of Selection is Tonelicos, it's from the reverse side in this case. I don't get what you mean by the second question, PHH Morgan shouldn't be alive for a super long time I think in PHH.
    Thanks for the answers! The question about Morgan was exactly that, if she was also thousands of years old in PHH, so it's all answered. Thanks again!