Page 3706 of 3802 FirstFirst ... 27063206360636563696370137043705370637073708371137163756 ... LastLast
Results 74,101 to 74,120 of 76034

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Grand Berserker is most likely going to be an Aztec death god given LB7's name + what he was saying about consuming souls when he showed up in LB4.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    At least that something new

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    I did it's seems that you edited in after I gave my response but I digress. Okay, these seem like some valid points ugh, doesn't mean I like it any more. Ugh, I just feel defeated now. That every problem has to be dealt with a wank sword called Excalibur.

It drains me of any sort of excitement I have for Grand Saber, I just Hope that Grand Berserker would be at least something original
    In its entirety of what we've known about Excalibur, it's only been used once properly to counteract a threat; that being Sefar. I personally would love to see Excalibur suitably used onscreen, with the correct context likened to Sefar.

This is a differing take, but I've never considered the Grands as anything creative or original, as the concept doesn't allow much room. The Grands are the epitome of a class, therefore it would only be proper for them to take the spots as the most famous, strongest and important characters in all of human history. That's the appeal it had in the first place, as a truly epic, materialized form of a popular legend in all its glory. Using someone more "creative and original" would require much more extrapolating and wanking of more obscure characters, in order to fit in this scale. It seems to me you dislike a potential Artoria Grand Saber because of her context, rather than disliking her for not properly fitting the category.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I just got tried of all these Artorias running around the place with so many vatiations and for the Grand Saber be another Artoria just sours my taste. But yeah, I will admit that I am biased that way

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Grand Berserker is most likely going to be an Aztec death god given LB7's name + what he was saying about consuming souls when he showed up in LB4.
    I don't think they'll do another god as a Grand after how they handled Quirinus.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    There's also Arthur, but then Excalibur again.

I remember back in the day people were fuming when Musashi is implied to be Grand candidate, because Nipponwank. Although they'll tolerate it if it's male Musashi.

No Excalibur, no Nippon, hmm...
    To be fair, “real Musashi” is still male in Fate, and it would be bizarre for an explicitly “what-if” or alternate character to be a Grand.

If Tezcatlipoca gets in as Grand Berserker, they’ll say his monstrous characteristics dilute his Divinity like with Medusa
    Last edited by Sssgth; June 5th, 2022 at 01:11 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle DrStein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    To be fair, “real Musashi” is still male in Fate, and it would be bizarre for an explicitly “what-if” or alternate character to be a Grand.

If Tezcatlipoca gets in as Grand Berserker, they’ll say his monstrous characteristics dilute his Divinity like with Medusa
    Medusa was a pseudo-goddess to begin with. Tezca is a space virus turned Divine Spirit. He can't play the Romulus "I'm still a human because I say so" card.

I would bet money that Tezca won't be Grand Zerker unless Nasu specifically retcons his lore to make him not a god somehow.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I like that one theory that Grand Saber is the famed sword itself, or in this case Excalibur, because the Saber class name is a noun for "a sword" instead of "a person" like other class names. So I am hoping to see waifu Excalibur.
    Acting-Grand Saber Mash, when she gets to use that holy sword essence, OFC.

- - - Updated - - -

Strongest Sword X Strongest Shield
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post

The only non-Excalibur sword character with that sort of hype is Male Musashi.
    Heracles with Marmyadose: really?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Heracles with Marmyadose: really?

H-Haha, y-yeah, good thing nothing has happened that has anything to do with Marmyadose...
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    so what's cool about Heroic Spirit become Grand servant?

even Gilgamesh doesn't seem to like it knowing the purpose of Grand Saint Graph.

People want their favourite to have the bigliest powerlevel and dab on everyone on their crusty message boards and beat up their abusive dads

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It just means they're assigned to slay a Beast. Well, normally, since others have started to summon their own Grands without Counter Force's involvement, for reason beside a Beast.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    So what's left about Grand Servant is only Berserker and Saber, Grand Berserker had a possibility to be revealed in LB 7 considering Daybit servant is a Grand class. What about Grand Saber then? do we have any idea of the possibility of Grand Saber showing up?
    Daybit might not have a Grand Berserker at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    In light of 6.5's massive bombs, how likely do you think it is that Arcade is (or connected to, in some manner) CHALDEAS world/the Alien World?

I don't think there's enough to say "yes" to it, but it's now more of an elephant in the room than ever, even if it's just as/more than likely a red herring. TL;DR I don't think it's the 1:1 the Alien World with what information we have now, but I can't rule out "no connections" just yet.
    Honestly, not very. Sodom has enough time-cheats just by virtue of being a Beast that it doesn't have to be anything more than another timeline wherein the incineration did not originally take place. Like you said yourself, there just aren't enough things to really connect it to CHALDEAS' world, especially when we consider how things "need" to work inside of it to make sense with the rest of FGO later (I had quite a lengthy discussion about this with a friend on Discord the other way, and I might try to clean it up a bit so that I can just dump my whole reasoning about this later). I also feel like there's no need for it to be anything other than just a different timeline, so. Although what with the "many chaldeas gather here" thing I guess arcade is almost more like its own "trunk" in the bigger "FGO trunk"? Because you'd have a bunch of timelines that are still FGO (Marisbilly setting up Chaldea, no FSN, etc) but that didn't experience FGO as mobile did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Although what with the "many chaldeas gather here" thing I guess arcade is almost more like its own "trunk" in the bigger "FGO trunk"? Because you'd have a bunch of timelines that are still FGO (Marisbilly setting up Chaldea, no FSN, etc) but that didn't experience FGO as mobile did.
    To be fair, the main reason for Goetia'splan to happen relied on whether Lev committed suicide or went with the plan, as per the Clock Tower 2015 short story. So you can have Marisbilly setting up Chaldea and nothing happens like in Clock Tower 2015. Another thing to consider was the implications regarding Specimen E as we just found out that might also act as a key factor to the divergence that happened in mobile FGO. You have the Specimen E in Traum who has been there since 1917, while the one Bluebook found was stated by the research notes to arrive in 2016. I believe the timing of its arrival is just as important as Lev's decision to stop Goetia to whether the alien invasion happened or not, and early or late, because for all we knew the bleaching still happens even when Goetia plan fails since his plan served to prevent the bleaching from happening.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    I would bet money that Tezca won't be Grand Zerker unless Nasu specifically retcons his lore to make him not a god somehow.
    You can't simply make Tezcatlipoca not a god, no matter how much you play the Stand user card. That's not how gods work in Type-Moon.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Neither Grand Archer nor Grand Lancer wielded weapons with famous names, I don't see why Grand Saber needs to be someone with a magical famous beamu sword

JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    I think part of that thinking, other than the obvious choice of Artoria/Arthur, also because of the "Musashi being Grand Saber = nipponwank me hate it" cope to some degree. Musashi - an actual swordsman who reached the pinnacle of sword arts - should not be Grand Saber because of skills cuz it would be nipponwank, at least that is one of the reasonings I've seen.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I would prefer Musashi to Artoria really, but I'd rather it be a new nane altogether than female Musashi dropping by again

Or Grand Saber Kojirou let's gooooo