Page 3591 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 259130913491354135813586358935903591359235933596360136413691 ... LastLast
Results 71,801 to 71,820 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

I finished watching the first part of the 6th Lostbelt. There's this one part that just reads like a old scantaltion with all the excessive cursing when that first meeting in Camelot with Fairy Knight Gawain and Tristan, so I have to ask accurate is it? Do they just actually talk like that? Like this:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Laserman; October 18th, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Depends on the translators interpretation.

Another thing about cursing is that as far as I'm aware, DeepL is quite fond of putting in curse-words in its translations. So it could be an indication that its an MTL. That said, I can't judge from that alone.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I support cursing for Beryl and Spinel. Beryl is a super crude wild animal, and Spinel emulates him a lot on the way she speaks.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    She sort of has two tones, when she's upset I can most definitely see her cursing.

FK Gawain on the other hand... she has a more noble bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I finished watching the first part of the 6th Lostbelt. There's this one part that just reads like a old scantaltion with all the excessive cursing when that first meeting in Camelot with Fairy Knight Gawain and Tristan, so I have to ask accurate is it? Do they just actually talk like that? Like this:
    Spoiler:
    On the rayshift translation? If so how early, because there's quite a huge chunk of that where I wasn't involved originally and that basically ended up not being proofread whatsoever, and it'll basically only be once the rest of the TL finishes (soooooon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    If Neobenedict's videos are the ones you're watching Laserman, I remember hearing that the first couple are kind of rough but it improves as it goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

sniped

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    FK Gawain on the other hand... she has a more noble bearing.
    "Thou mayst go fucketh thyseylf."

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    "Go home and die" has the same undertones without the vulgarity. Just as an example.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Because of the way Japanese works, for the most part you won't have direct equivalents of curse words like you might in other languages, and in most cases you'll just have to go by tone rather than choice of word (like a strongly worded "you" in JP says a lot more than its literal meaning, but just putting it as "you" in english therefore also doesn't work). That's why, like Comun said, it's a bit of a subjective interpretation because, alright, we have to make this character's english word choices fit the tone in JP, but what does that really mean? Everyone's gonna give you a different answer, though you will probably find a pattern like "this guy would definitely say curse words casually" or "this guy would get really heated but wouldn't straight up drop curse words".

Either way, at the end of the day it's a fan translation and the feedback is good, but some mistakes are bound to slip through, unfortunately. Although, if it's a whole scene like you said, then perhaps it was a deliberate choice, and perhaps that choice was then the wrong one, but yeah, without knowing the actual scene I can't really do much for you here. Anyway, point is it's pretty hard to keep consistent voice across a text as long as UBW, but it definitely does get better and more consistent later on, but I'll still take notes of stuff like this that comes up early on for when I eventually go back and fix all of that.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    On the rayshift translation? If so how early, because there's quite a huge chunk of that where I wasn't involved originally and that basically ended up not being proofread whatsoever, and it'll basically only be once the rest of the TL finishes (soooooon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If Neobenedict's videos are the ones you're watching Laserman, I remember hearing that the first couple are kind of rough but it improves as it goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

sniped
    Yep, that's the one, that's nice to know.

Jacques de Molay:
    STR: B+
    END: A+
    AGI: D
    MAG: EX
    LUC: C
    NP: A

Zenobia:
    STR: A
    END: B+
    AGI: A
    MAG: D
    LUC: C
    NP: B

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Because of the way Japanese works, for the most part you won't have direct equivalents of curse words like you might in other languages, and in most cases you'll just have to go by tone rather than choice of word (like a strongly worded "you" in JP says a lot more than its literal meaning, but just putting it as "you" in english therefore also doesn't work). That's why, like Comun said, it's a bit of a subjective interpretation because, alright, we have to make this character's english word choices fit the tone in JP, but what does that really mean? Everyone's gonna give you a different answer, though you will probably find a pattern like "this guy would definitely say curse words casually" or "this guy would get really heated but wouldn't straight up drop curse words".

Either way, at the end of the day it's a fan translation and the feedback is good, but some mistakes are bound to slip through, unfortunately. Although, if it's a whole scene like you said, then perhaps it was a deliberate choice, and perhaps that choice was then the wrong one, but yeah, without knowing the actual scene I can't really do much for you here. Anyway, point is it's pretty hard to keep consistent voice across a text as long as UBW, but it definitely does get better and more consistent later on, but I'll still take notes of stuff like this that comes up early on for when I eventually go back and fix all of that.
    Oh, okay. So it comes down to the tone then. Chapter 4 Part 2 would be it I think.
    Last edited by Laserman; October 20th, 2021 at 10:25 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Molay & Zenobia translated profiles

- - - Updated - - -

So summary of the important bits.
    - Molay is like this because of Innocent Monster mostly, plus some intervention from the Outer God currently possessing him but as typical of the skill, Innocent Monster brings the most of the change.

- For Zenobia, her current appearance is that of when she was at her most humiliated. She refuses to be summoned in her prime as warrior-queen since that just means she will eventually be brought down again. Only from starting at her lowest and regaining her standing will she consider herself redeemed, thus is the basis of her Noble Phantasm.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    That explanation about Zenobia's humliation and the connection with her current form is actually really clever. I actually like her design choices now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Oh, okay. So it comes down to the tone then. Chapter 4 Part 2 would be it I think.
    I joined up around ch6 or something so that should be when it generally becomes consistent and has more proofreading etc, so that makes sense yeah.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I really appreciate that Zenobia's exposure is a really conscious decision for her character. I still wish they didn't go that far, but it's still much better than shit like Yu Mei-ren.

US Friend Code
    Innocent Monster is always such an interesting skill to me, I like seeing ways it's applied.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh interesting that the Templars built the Square du Temple, I didn't know that. I only knew it as a French Revolution prison.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    - For Zenobia, her current appearance is that of when she was at her most humiliated. She refuses to be summoned in her prime as warrior-queen since that just means she will eventually be brought down again. Only from starting at her lowest and regaining her standing will she consider herself redeemed, thus is the basis of her Noble Phantasm.
    Oh? I had my beef with her design at first (c'mon guys, you HAVE to attend Wada Arco school of tasteful semi-nude characters by now) but after reading this, I can definitely get behind the reasoning now. Inspiring in a sense, even.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    That explanation about Zenobia's humliation and the connection with her current form is actually really clever. I actually like her design choices now.
    To each their own, I found it so transparently fanservicey as to be ridiculous. "Yeah bro she's totally rocking this outfit, which she hates and which symbolizes the worst things that ever happened to her, of her own accord".
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Yeah it feels like a try hard retroactive justification of the doujin bait design. The character is just a tool of the writers so it just ends up feeling meh

US Friend Code
    I mean most likely yes but with her Noble Phantasm being what it is, i think that was the concept they wanted to do out of box. Not to say it doesn't have problems just I find it less of an excuse more this is a concept they used to design the servant and ran for it
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I honestly can't tell if the character is being respected or not at this point. I'm saving my judgment on this one for after the story is finished.

Molay, on the other hand, already won me over day 1.