Page 3758 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 275832583658370837483753375637573758375937603763376838083858 ... LastLast
Results 75,141 to 75,160 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Plains of "Dwelving in lore, but barely scratching the true surface"
    I'll probably sound like the random newbie asking well-known lore questions (that's probably what I actually am, who knows), but I do have some questions about Solomon's NPs and Skills so I'll ask here.

So basically the questions are in the hypothesis of a still alive but Servant tier (or rather LB King tier) Solomon (there is a reason behind) based in Jerusalem. They're the following :
    - Barring the big laser attack, what does AAS properly do and can be used for ?
    - In the case of having access to the actual Temple of Jerusalem at the time of Solomon's reign, how would Ars Paulina manifest ? (and because I'm still trying to understand it, what does it do in general, what are its effects ?)
    - Is his Summoning Skill limited to the 72 Demon God Pillars or can it be used for other weaker beings like Djinns and the like ?
    - What is the extent of Solomon's Rings effects ?

Sorry if this sounds stupid

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The mention of Hou reminds me that it is allegedly responsible for the turning of the drought demon/goddess Nuba - Huangdi's daughter - into a jiangshi and also why the phenomenon of drought and jiangshi later being tied to Hou. She is probably the most probable candidate for a jiangshi servant.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Huangdi's daughter
    "Father, why are you a genderless cyber butterfly peacock?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    "Father, why are you a genderless cyber butterfly peacock?"
    Not Huangdi (皇帝 - title coined by Qin Shi Huang to be what you call Chinese emperors).

Huangdi (黃帝) aka the Yellow Emperor, Chinese equivalence of Romulus (he lived around 2600 BCE, considered to be the ancestor of Chinese Han tribe and the Chinese identity as a whole) the chad whose tomb is guarded by the 9 tailed fox Daji (Konjiki Hakumen in TM), defeated Chi You in a legendary war that he took the L 100% of the skirmishes until he got help from his daughter/Yinglong/the goddess Xuannu, it is after this battle that his daughter was weakened and got jiangshified by Hou. His name is Xuanyuan (also the name of the star Regulus in ancient Chinese astrology) but he is more known as Huangdi/Yellow Emperor.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Where Imperial Privilege once again cements its place as a FUN skill that makes FUN things happen.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    Two 7.5s, one with Rasputin and the other with Beast VI, is possible. Though still surprising we haven't encountered a Beast in any of the actual Lostbelts yet (fingers crossed for LB7). But presupposing that's the plan, I wonder on what timetable Arcade will deal with VI/G. Or maybe R and L actually are Kiara and Kama and VI/G is for mobile after all. Who tf knows.
    And we still know absolutely nothing about Beast V.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes4321 View Post
    Speaking of that interview, I wonder what Takeuchi meant by "Nasu can't bring himself to deliver the simple expected choice. He always pulling all stops to add an extra nuance that delivers more than the fans were asking for." I'm not sure what the extra nuance is supposed to be in this case of adding her in the Anniversary this way. Is it supposed to be that it is effectively a three-in-one due to how the three ascensions are supposed to be 3 different personailities/versions? Frankly unless there is a guaranteed planned collab later I can't help but feel that the final product was probably less than what the fans were asking for in this case, which the interview makes clear was "Arc added in a Tsukihime collab".
    We should change the word Jossing to Kinoking....
    Last edited by Red Dingo; August 19th, 2022 at 10:36 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Huh, so it isn't the original dog and it reacts strangely to seeing Merlin...is that suggesting what I think it is?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We can only have so many Fous in the same event.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Thrúd-san is such a reliable and gorgeous big sister! I wish I had a sister like her…Nothing, I said nothing!
    Isn't it sad, Mo-san?
    Hildr-san is such a stunning big sister! I’ve never had a sister…so…I’m kinda… Very jealous of Ortlinde!
    Galaxy-sized OOF right there.

(I mean yeah, Mordred posed as a man while they were alive, but still, lol)

- - - Updated - - -

This form is probably my ideal self. I feel it’s how I wanted to be. Therefore, it’s a form that can only come into existence because it’s impossible to exist. Ahahah, Heroic Spirits are always full of surprises.
    Aww...
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Isn't it sad, Mo-san?

Galaxy-sized OOF right there.
    Gareth has three brothers and no sisters (or four, I think, including Gaheris)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Also I don't think anyone but Saber knew what Mordred's backstory was when they were alive. Gareth wouldn't have known they were related until they became Servants.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Certainly begs the question of what crossed Guinevere's mind what Mordred revealed her face to her during the insurrection. I suspect an illegitimate child or secret sibling were more likely assumptions then immediately jumping to homunculus.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marethyu77 View Post
    I'll probably sound like the random newbie asking well-known lore questions (that's probably what I actually am, who knows), but I do have some questions about Solomon's NPs and Skills so I'll ask here.

So basically the questions are in the hypothesis of a still alive but Servant tier (or rather LB King tier) Solomon (there is a reason behind) based in Jerusalem. They're the following :
    - Barring the big laser attack, what does AAS properly do and can be used for ?
    - In the case of having access to the actual Temple of Jerusalem at the time of Solomon's reign, how would Ars Paulina manifest ? (and because I'm still trying to understand it, what does it do in general, what are its effects ?)
    - Is his Summoning Skill limited to the 72 Demon God Pillars or can it be used for other weaker beings like Djinns and the like ?
    - What is the extent of Solomon's Rings effects ?

Sorry if this sounds stupid
    1. It's a fat pool of magical energy.
    2. Ars Paulina is a RM made using Solomon's circuits. It inherently has nothing to do with the Jerusalem Temple. You'd need to make it have something to do. As for what it does, its a workshop. As for effects, it's a space that Goetia governs. See Knk Paradox Spiral for more details.
    3. Probably the latter.
    4. Probably there is no extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    And we still know absolutely nothing about Beast V.
    That got me thinking. Assuming the Beasts are spawned in order (VII being a special case, I suppose), V is next. On the surface, it's odd that VI/S was dealt with so early, but after Summer 7 I'm convinced that Lilim Harlot occurs after LB7. Perhaps simultaneously with a probable LB7.5 featuring VI/G. That would explain why there was no collab with Arcade this year, because timeline-wise it hasn't happened yet.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    ^ Certainly begs the question of what crossed Guinevere's mind what Mordred revealed her face to her during the insurrection. I suspect an illegitimate child or secret sibling were more likely assumptions then immediately jumping to homunculus.

I think from what was posted here then as translated was Higashide was Mordred gloating over Guinevere’s horrified expression when she revealed her face to Guin.

I think it’s safe to say she was not happy. There really isn’t much besides that.