Page 3769 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 276932693669371937593764376737683769377037713774377938193869 ... LastLast
Results 75,361 to 75,380 of 79530

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Yeah but she's hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

And yet, Jason's the one that received the skimpy outfit treatment.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    As it should be

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    How did that shark soldier get into Chaldea, anyway?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Being evil is okay if your voice is Tanaka Atsuko or Rie

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    these days, things got almost immediately translated or at least summarized upon release, huh?

feels really jarring for me XD
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Atlantis Spotlight Lostbelt

Quote Originally Posted by Higashide on Odysseus's event
    Back when I was writing the chapter, they told me I shouldn't expect playable Odysseus to be ready for release in Atlantis. I was really disappointed, but when I got to see the NP cutscene, I changed my mind. Him not being released when planned was for the best. The Trojan Horse mecha is way too fun to watch. Aeaea happened because Nasu told me when Odysseus was going to be made playable and asked me to have Odysseus as a Lostbelt villain in Atlantis, then cap off the character with Pan-Human Odysseus moments in the event. I was asked to reveal his relationship with Circe, of course. Following these instructions, I composed a story very unlike any I wrote before or after. This job made me play heartrending late-90s~early-00s dating sims, so take that as the cause of the chemical reactions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK on Jason's design
    I love the "so lame it's cool" design philosophy and Jason reflects that immensely. His style is Greek, 80's rockstar, and Playboy all the same time. And then I added the crotch window to make him sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK on Higashide's instructions to design Jason
    I actually got a draft sketch for NPC Jason. He looked questionable but well-meaning. I redrew the sketch in my artstyle without changing the design in any way (pictured below) and the response I got was "make him hotter", resulting in his current face.

That said, he still looked the same on the inside, so I made several stupid expressions for his hotter face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higashide on Murasama and Rasputin showing up in Astraea
    When my initial script was with Nasu, he said "Why didn't you write a scene of Muramasa and Rasputin teaming up here?" so I added that flashback. Later, when proofreading the scene, he changed every line of dialogue I wrote, resulting in a very impactful final version of the scene. But here's my answer, Nasu: It was because writing a scene of Muramasa and Rasputin teaming up is beyond my league! Think of the weight of their history! It's too much for poor old me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Higashide on why Atlantis has so many bronzes
    "A desperate group of weaker Servants take Master to Olympus" was one of the earlier decisions in the plot planning process. I brought three drafts to the plot planning discussion, and the first two were rejected for having Drake as the main partner Servant, as she was too strong of an ally to sell the sense of desperation. Bringing back Jason from Okeanos as a Servant on Pan-Human History's side was an already defined core concept, so when I put my fingers to write, it hit me how easy to write this man was, and for this reason, I keep him on-screen all the time. By the way, Bartholomew was my attempt to write the space contrabandist from that one movie series everyone knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACK on the Road to 7 Jason illustration
    Instead of celebrating his victory, he shows this sense of liberation or satisfaction, as it's finally over. Disappearing with a smirk because a more serious face would ruin the mood is the Jason way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu on Atlantis as a whole
    I'm Nasu script supervisor and writer for the prologues and Crypter scenes in every chapter. In the first draft, the story was going to start with Artemis's shot sinking the Nautilus, but out of a need to make Odysseus's tactics more thorough and diligent, to convey the idea that he wasn't playing any games, I told the chapter writer: "You can do better... More... y'know... like that one movie where the life-or-death battles start the moment the landing shutter opens. Was the Odysseus you wanted to write not a man who played his entire hand in the first turn?". And well, you saw the result of the pressure laid on him. GJ! Also, since this was kind of Nemo's debut battle, I added as much screentime to the Marines as I could take without breaking the flow of the scene.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    By the way, Bartholomew was my attempt to write the space contrabandist from that one movie series everyone knows.
    "Your fetish is nonsensical."
    "I know."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Why is it that every time I see something with Jason in it, I end up loving this guy even more? At this rate, I'm gonna end up as a Neo-Neo-Neo Argonaut.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Funny how whenever Higashide says "man these people are easy to write" the crowd loves them.
    Back when I was writing the chapter, they told me I shouldn't expect playable Odysseus to be ready for release in Atlantis.
    Yeah, that makes sense. No wonder he went out without even a scratch on him. I wonder if Higashide would've been able to contrast his use of Athena's Aegis with Charlotte's Athena Klironomia more effectively if he got to write a boss battle with him.
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    I'm fairly sure that he would played a lot more with that. In general, i feel Astraea should have just been replaced with Circe in the story as that would have made Oddyseus have more personal affairs in the story, but then again, i guess they wanted that Luvia and Shirou contrast there.

US Friend Code
    Astraea always felt really out of place in Atlantis to me, I agree it should have been Circe.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    They didn't even give us My Room lines between Muramasa and Astraea SMH.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    They really outa update the Argonaut-trait at some point with how much bigger the list of names is growing.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Back to the subject of Guda's harem, I think we can now also add the Servant Universe version of Demeter to the list of people with a crush on Guda too. Which is kind of impressive, really.

Blog Entries
    A:...how in the world did that happen?
    B: What's the quick summary for Odysseus' interlude since it seems like there's a good chance we're going to Servantverse again for Halloween (either that or it'll be another misadventure involving Elizabeth as an Archer going by Jason's interlude)?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    A:...how in the world did that happen?
    B: What's the quick summary for Odysseus' interlude since it seems like there's a good chance we're going to Servantverse again for Halloween (either that or it'll be another misadventure involving Elizabeth as an Archer going by Jason's interlude)?
    I've only got the MTL version of the script to work with, but here's the crude summary of said interlude. If you'd rather take a look at said script for yourself, it's on Atlas Academy. I can provide the link if anyone wants to try their hand at translating it properly.

Arrow 1:
    Guda wakes up in what looks like Ashtart's ship from Saber Wars 2. Odysseus is there with them and warns them that something bad is going on...or rather, Space Odysseus (yep, same one from this year's Battle in New York, he recognizes you and everything) is there with them (oh, and Lieutenant Space Xu Fu is there too). They need Guda's help before they can send them back to Chaldea, and ask them to look out the window. They see, Europa- oh, sorry, Star Princess Europa floating in space outside. Apparently she heard that her grandson Abandoned Prince Asterios ended up befriending the Servantverse counterparts of the Gorgon sisters (and yes, this also includes Gorgon and Medusa Lily, time travel was involved somehow) and now she's very worked up about how popular he is nowadays.

So worked up, in fact, that it's distorting spacetime. As commander-in-chief of the Federation Space Forces, it's his job to stop her before she breaks reality. Most of their ships are disabled because the ether in the nearby interstellar space is out of whack, so they need you to help them talk some sense into her.

The three of them fly off to engage Europa, only to have their way blocked by Star Guardian Talos.

(Battle)

Arrow 2:
    Talos stops moving, and Europa wonders if his batteries are dead. One space-time quake later and Talos is restarted, much to the chagrin of Space Odysseus and Space Xu Fu. Fortunately another battle is averted by transmissions from Starship Aphrodite and Starship Demeter, who noticed Talos' activation and would like it if things didn't get out of hand.

(An aside- it seems that while the Olympians retained their Aletheia forms in the Servantverse, they also managed to remain sane and keep the personalities of their PHH equivalents. I have absolutely no idea how that could work, and must chalk it up to Servantverse weirdness. For what it's worth, Space Odysseus calls them "High Servants" but that may just be a bad translation. Needless to say, this is one of the parts that could stand having a human look over it. Another interesting note here is that the dialog choices change slightly depending on whether or not Olympus has been cleared- if you have, Guda has a choice to recognize them before being corrected by Space Xu Fu.)

They've been looking for Star Princess Europa themselves, and after Starship Demeter gets tongue-tied about what they actually need her for Starship Aphrodite bails her out: Zeus has been hitting on other women again and since Hera isn't around right now it's up to Star Princess Europa to make sure he doesn't start an interstellar war by accident. Europa agrees to help and sets off with Talos to find Zeus. Starship Aphrodite lets Space Odysseus know they'll see him in season ten if he hasn't retired by then and Starship Demeter bids everyone farewell.

Back in the Olympians' information sharing network, Starship Aphrodite asks why Starship Demeter was acting like a little girl in love when she was speaking to Guda and Space Odysseus. Starship Demeter tells her that she recognized Guda was a human and seeing them there made her suddenly feel very embarrassed about what Zeus was doing for some reason. Draw your own conclusions- although I note that Demeter was reputed to have seduced at least one mortal man in Greek myth (their son was Plutus, god of wealth).

Space Odysseus thanks Guda for their help, but is interrupted by a threatening message from Doc Kykeon's evil twin sister, Gilke the Black Kykeon. He asks them to help him for just a bit longer.

Fast-forward to My Room, where Guda has just finished telling Odysseus about this little stint into the Servantverse- it seems that all of this happened in one of their dreams again. (You know, if we ever get Sigmund Freud as a Heroic Spirit, he would have a field day with Guda's ability to visit alternate realities entirely through their dreams.)

Circe enters, curious about what they're talking about. Odysseus asks Circe if she ever had a sister. She thinks he means Pasiphae, but he clarifies that he actually meant someone called called Gilke. She assumes Odysseus is mocking her and challenges him to a fight.

(Battle)

She loses, grumbles about how she forgot that Odysseus is immune to her Noble Phantasm, and storms off. Guda and Odysseus have a brief talk about the former's dreams, with Odysseus saying that no matter how unusual they sound he'll listen to them all the same. But more importantly, they should probably apologize to Circe (a task that Odysseus calls an adventure in itself).
    Last edited by InsertNameHere; October 4th, 2022 at 11:08 AM.

Ah the Servantverse, where the rules are made up and nothing matters.

Still though, a Servantverse event with the Greek gods are probably the only way we would be able to summon them in non-psuedo servant form.

I mean they could just like have them nerf themselves or something

like grands do instead of pseudo's

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Wasn't it stated by Nasu that Grands that lose their titles aren't really weaker than they were before, just losing their authority instead?
    Last edited by Delastogos; October 2nd, 2022 at 10:37 AM.