Page 3586 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 258630863486353635763581358435853586358735883591359636363686 ... LastLast
Results 71,701 to 71,720 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Oh, yikes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    That's only offensive if you make it out to be. Which this being the Internet, of course people will.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

And you don't? It is a fairly offensive and dated view to express.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's only offensive if you make it out to be.
    It absolutely is offensive, my dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Fate/Extra is arguably an otome game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

i mean expecting japan of all countries to contribute to lgbt is a mistake, religious countries in general don't vibe with these topics

There are many reasons that Japan is a fairly conservative country, at least among the upper echelons of society, but religion is a fairly minor reason. Also, the general public is more ambivalent towards LGBTQ+ issues than their media and political figures, often tending towards uncertainly supportive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    It wouldn't have been offensive if he simply said Extella is a game that 10 out of 10 players from any demographic may enjoy.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Fate/Extra is arguably an otome game.
    Gets me hoping that Record expands more on interactions with Julius and Leo, particularly as Hakunon. Weird that they weren't shown at all in trailers.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; September 23rd, 2021 at 01:26 PM.

Only if you interpret "we made a game male and female fans can enjoy" and "10 out of 10 people will be able to clear it" (two different sentences separated by a period) to mean "we made the game easy so girls can play it".
    Which is not necessarily what he was trying to say at all.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Only if you interpret "we made a game male and female fans can enjoy" and "10 out of 10 people will be able to clear it" (two different sentences separated by a period) to mean "we made the game easy so girls can play it".
    Which is not necessarily what he was trying to say at all.
    He could have just said the former, then, without implying anything about difficulty. That he felt the need to say that at all isn't great.

Remember, Nasu isn't a game dev, he's a writer. Extella is, even within the reference frame of musou games, piss easy. So he was either impressed enough that he felt the need to say it (wouldn't surprise me if people broken telephoned the "Extra rock paper scissors system isn't fun" to "Extra is too hard!" ) or, equally likely, it was part of a list of features they gave him to bring up.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hardly above sniping some of Nasu's more questionable decisions, but this seems like taking the worst possible interpretation of what he said and running with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider the following: When you hear "we made a game girls can enjoy", your default interpreration is "we made a game that's really easy so even girls can clear it". When, famous Mobile Game Scenario Writer Kinoko Nasu says it, what he probably means is "we added more shota screentime to the game so Y.Aoi has something to screech about on Twitter".
    Last edited by Deathhappens; September 23rd, 2021 at 01:49 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Well, in terms of story Extella doesn't really appeal to women in the slightest, with the exception of lesbians with a macro fetish
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

It has about 300% more playable dudes than Extra, that's gotta count for something.

- - - Updated - - -

More like 500%, but anyway.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    It does not

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Weird that they weren't shown at all in trailers.
    Well we've only had two trailers so far and one of them was just showing Tamamo's animations.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Expecting a company headed by Kinoko "don't worry female gamers, Extella isn't that hard" Nasu to be good with LGBT representation is a big mistake.
    based mushroom strikes again

Spoiler:

jesuschristijustcant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    This is true, even when d'Eon is in the game. Then again, they're also pro-royalty, which isn't great.
    Mostly pro-royalty in comparison to the Reign of Terror, which, considering what happened to Olympe de Gouges, wasn’t particularly “progressive” in any regard other than outlawing slavery (which was still notable)

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    i mean expecting japan of all countries to contribute to lgbt is a mistake, religious countries in general don't vibe with these topics
    Japan is a functionally irreligious country. Capitalism and state patronage of religion tend to destroy actual popular religiosity.

Well, in terms of story Extella doesn't really appeal to women in the slightest, with the exception of lesbians with a macro fetish
    Eh, the fujos I know liked it a lot because of how many guys there were and how little clothing you could give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Mostly pro-royalty in comparison to the Reign of Terror, which, considering what happened to Olympe de Gouges, wasn’t particularly “progressive” in any regard other than outlawing slavery (which was still notable)

Japan is a functionally irreligious country. Capitalism and state patronage of religion tend to destroy actual popular religiosity.
    D'Éon was also an actual deep stater, at least during the reign of Louis XV.

As for Japanese religiosity, it's seeming irreligiousness is in large part due to Japanese people not interacting with religion in a way that Westerners view as particularly religious, though even temple and shrine visits are declining, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree about the capitalism part, though

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    There isn’t a 100% connection between LGBT identity and “woke” political views—the presence of Log Cabin Republicans in the USA and essays about how drone strikes “queer” the experience of killing in warfare is proof enough. As much as you or I may hate the CIA and FBI, there’s little about them these days that means a person with a marginalized identity should object to them purely on the grounds of identity. Plenty of recruitment ads talk about how minorities can “find their voice” working in intelligence.

In regards to religion, “old religion” that focuses on orthopraxy (ceremony) rather than orthodoxy (belief) is fundamentally ill-suited to the modern era. It generally seeks to explain natural phenomena (meaning science can “disprove” it) and shies away from philosophical morality (something that cannot be “disproven,” and that the modern world very much needs). In my opinion, Japan shot itself in the foot by outlawing shinbutsu-shūgō, the quasi-modern religion that syncretized Buddhism and Shinto, during the Meiji Restoration, which made “old religion” their national heritage and “modern religion” an external factor. But that’s just me shooting from the hip, and someone with better knowledge can come correct me and get politics out of this thread.

True, you can't object to the military or intelligence agencies purely on identity, but it's important to realize that even as they co-opt progressive messaging, they exist to reinforce a hierarchy that disenpowers those identities.

Also, with regards to orthopraxy vs orthodoxy in Japan, I don't think Japan outlawing shinbutsu-shūgō was the thing that caused a post-WWII decline in religiosity, and even if it didn't help things, I'd say the atomization and alienation of mid- to late-stage capitalism did far more to separate Japanese people from traditional religious practice, especially with regards to people entering the Buddhist clergy.