Page 3342 of 3344 FirstFirst ... 23422842324232923332333733403341334233433344 LastLast
Results 66,821 to 66,840 of 66863

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh so his 6th profile is basically that special koha-ace manga about him huh.

That’s....uh, cheerful.
    Last edited by Sandstorm77; October 16th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Idk if bananashiki updated his post with the two new parts but I translated them for friends anyway so here's the 6th
    Oh my God (@_@. I know this applies to most characters in this franchise but he this one really needs a therapist

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Oof.

Thanks for the TL. You said you did part 5, could you post that too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobukatsu profile pt5
    Maou Kaiten, Majushage*
    Type: Anti-unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum targets: 1

A suicide-type Noble Phantasm which strengthens the target in exchange for self-annihilation.
    This is the only Noble Phantasm allowed for Nobukatsu, who set his sister down the path of the Demon Lord with his death.

It is a Noble Phantasm that would normally cause the entire Saint Graph to disperse, but by assimilating with a certain nameless Saint Graph, it is possible to retain the connection to one's body.

It is said that this nameless Saint Graph was once that of a younger brother, he too wishing to save his sister.

"That's right, brothers and sisters are there to help each other"
    * Kaiten here means like, to turn the tide of something (it makes sense with the story). Majushage is a name for red spider lily (the flower in the NP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I was wondering how he summoned Nobunaga without dying.
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

One thing that confused me when reading it was the actual resurrection of Nobu. Because the profile description is pretty explicit about it being a strengthening-type NP, and doesn't mention anything about the whole "bring back nobu" bit, and meanwhile, in-story it was never used to strengthen Nobu, but just to bring her back, so it was kinda ??? on what they wanted it to be storywise. Though I mean, the resurrection thing does make sense considering the spider lily is the "resurrection lily" and all, but yeah.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

So...any info on this event's second half?

Nobukatsu blowing Morgan the fuck out on the Siscon straits

"I had a child with her and am dedicating all efforts to revive her, villainously because I am a yandere fairy thot"

"Bitch did you ever accept you will be nothing ever compared to your sister and dedicate all of your existence to aiding her to the point you stage a fake rebellion gathering all dissident elements so she will kill all of you in one fell swoop?"

"...No"

Somewhere Agravain feels kindred

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    One thing that confused me when reading it was the actual resurrection of Nobu. Because the profile description is pretty explicit about it being a strengthening-type NP, and doesn't mention anything about the whole "bring back nobu" bit, and meanwhile, in-story it was never used to strengthen Nobu, but just to bring her back, so it was kinda ??? on what they wanted it to be storywise. Though I mean, the resurrection thing does make sense considering the spider lily is the "resurrection lily" and all, but yeah.
    My understanding is that “die for buffs” is the pre-fusion effect and “stay alive and summon Maou” is the post-fusion one.

US Friend Code
    559,186,926/Charle
    I assume Nobukatsu's NP after merging with Brother Turtle's Saint Graph seems only work once, otherwise the result would be his death again but Nobu got resurrected in his place. Now I'm curious if next Gudaguda will bring up this plot point if Nobukatsu were to use his NP and survive it, and DW simply chose to not implement it in gameplay.

The Gudaguda 5 after stories are fun, but my favorite is how Avenger Nobu just won't stop making fun of Kagetora's historical demise every time the two interacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    My understanding is that “die for buffs” is the pre-fusion effect and “stay alive and summon Maou” is the post-fusion one.
    Makes sense, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    So...any info on this event's second half?
    It's the typical after-story gag stuff. You go back to the singularity to help the servants you left behind, there's da vinci's rice crisis, MHX is having vitamin deficiency, skadi is on a beach vacation.

I'm gonna start translating the event story sometime next week (assuming no one snipes me, but doubt), and then we'll see if the second half I can be bothered with.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    一刀繚亂 (1)
    二者穿一 (2)
    参全世界 (3)
    明鏡肆水 (4)

Tell me, tell me
    if that is still allowed

Illuminate the path
    far, far yonder

Dark clouds flow
    like burned ash

May they reach my people
    waiting for rain that never comes

When I peer into the mirror
    earnest feelings brim forth

Life radiates
    trusting only in justice

Tell me, tell me
    if that is still allowed

Illuminate the path
    far, far yonder

Prayers fill my breast
    as I look to the end of the sky

Like a rolling stone
    Go forth, my people

Where can a flightless bird go
    without wings or hands to carry it?

Westward, eastward
    not awaiting the endless rain

I peer into the mirror, but nothing is reflected
    Where is the answer?

Life crawls
    able to do no wrong

But light the distant path
    one last time

Tell me, tell me
    if that is still allowed

Illuminate the path
    far, far yonder

Prayers fill my breast
    as I look to the end of the sky

Like a rolling stone
    go forth, my people
    walk where you please

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Like a rolling stone
    go forth, my people
    walk where you please
    Himiko has good taste huh

So is the thing Himiko enters in contact via her mirror foxface or not

Because it feels too....good? To be Foxface? Since ya know gigantic smug fox bitch responsible for Tamamo and how she more or less says she will try to destroy mankind one day for funzies?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    We were never given any reason to believe it is.

I sorta assume it was because if something happens in India/Asia its always Foxface's fault anyways since she is apparently a lot of head gods since syncretism and all that. And it's a mirror connecting to stars (celestial/sun) which kinda screams Amaterasu so....

Himiko doesn't even my room line for any Tamamo.

I like tamamo a lot, but not everything in japan needs to revolve round her syncrenetism (remove it)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I don't have Himiko and need to read her profile. But there was nothing in the story about divinity in her case. Just the ability to see other worlds and possibilities, and her oracles from someone/somewhere.

In keeping her lore and dialogue agnostic it almost feels like they're trying to separate Yayoi era mythology from later religion. At the very end of the epilogue for example, she and Ichiyo explain what the final Haniwa is and it's Nobunaga that interprets it as a collection of preta/hungry ghosts. When Himiko hears that she's like "oh yeah that sounds right". They also talk about death as "returning to the light" instead of in the usual Buddhist way.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I like tamamo a lot, but not everything in japan needs to revolve round her syncrenetism (remove it)
    Not saying I like it but its definitely something that happens a lot what with Gozu Tennoh who is Indra who is Susanooh and thus Shuten and Raikou hating each other change from their differing ways of handling their nature to 'Lol its Orochi vs Susanooh round 2 but with sluts'

It feels like some lol Zeus/Odin/Indra are all descended from a single god reach

Then again Nasu read that idiotic Scatatch is a Goddess fanfiction from some no source hippies and went "Totally legit bro" alongside SMT references