Page 3585 of 3977 FirstFirst ... 258530853485353535753580358335843585358635873590359536353685 ... LastLast
Results 71,681 to 71,700 of 79532

Thread: Fate/Grand Order Story and Lore (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I do like the way their internalized misogyny is handled, truth be told, and in their Bond 4 lines or whenever they mentions what Poseidon did to them and the self they was before then, I think the emotions they express in those lines feel fairly real and well done.

Although, people can decide to transition for any reason, including a non-dysphoria reason, and not be any less valid as a trans person or nb person. That's just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Don't forget Caenis was also bragging about how she was going to rape Anastasia in front of Kadoc
    The Dioscuri did nothing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    we might not get details of dinosaur mystery but this whole event could be the hint of LB7.
    Either I've forgotten my Agarthas or some of those quest backgrounds look suspiciously like LB7 Spoilers

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Other than making Kadoc uncomfortable, I don't think the I-got-raped-and-decided-to-become-a-man-so-I-would-never-suffer-that-again person ever actually planned on raping anyone, let alone another woman.
    Then again making the joke alone was already pretty damn crass, ao who knows.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Caenus/Caenis leaned hard into ancient Greek toxic masculinity for that one, and they were a conquering warlord once they became a man, so chances are, they might have raped someone. I dunno, maybe they specifically didn't.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Caenis is a very self-admited shithead who very much prides himself being an usurper and a tyrant. His “never be weak again” is internalized to the point of hating weakness. Empathy is absolutely not his thing. His redeeming moments are all about his respect toward Kirschtaria and Goredolf, both cases which come from the amazing guts it takes to trust someone that openly awful. I believe Caenis wouldn’t rape Anastasia because she’d slap him and he’d respect the attitude, but I definitely wouldn’t put past him raping someone he perceived as weak.

Makes sense. They basically overcompensated ancient Greek dudebro energy as a result of trauma.

One thing that has been bugging me about LB6 for a while is how the heck did Aurora and Melusine somehow hide the fact that the latter killed off the Mirror Clan? The latter isn't really known for stealth when she kills things, and yet everyone assumed that the Mirror Clan just disappeared, turned invisible, or changed appearances rather than that they were all killed off by the most loved fairy.

Also, speaking of the Mirror Clan, would it be fair to say that they, or at least Ainsel, were better than the average fairy and that they, like the Rain Clan, accepted their culpability for the fate of Cernunnos?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Bryn... how is Caenis your type...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

They technically have redeeming qualities? I mean, Bryn's type is very, very broad when it comes to men.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    One thing that has been bugging me about LB6 for a while is how the heck did Aurora and Melusine somehow hide the fact that the latter killed off the Mirror Clan? The latter isn't really known for stealth when she kills things, and yet everyone assumed that the Mirror Clan just disappeared, turned invisible, or changed appearances rather than that they were all killed off by the most loved fairy.

Also, speaking of the Mirror Clan, would it be fair to say that they, or at least Ainsel, were better than the average fairy and that they, like the Rain Clan, accepted their culpability for the fate of Cernunnos?
    One, Fairies are stated repeatedly to be very pure and innocent (doesn’t mean they’re GOOD by any measure). Part of that purity involves a lack of doubt or permanence. Almost all the Fairies in Morgan’s court (the ones enjoying her benefits) jumped as soon as Aurora made a trumped up story that wouldn’t hold up to the slightest bit of scrutiny because they’re like children. Tell a kid a lie and they’ll believe you quite easily. And as soon as the situation no longer concerns them directly, they’ll forget about it.

Tough to say, since we don’t much about the Mirror Clan, but it’s logical to conclude that, since they basically paid the price for being decent individuals amongst fairies.

Ah, I forgot that everything Aurora says is true even to Aurora herself. With that in mind, she could have easily convinced the fairies into forgetting that FK Lancelot slaughtered a whole bunch of fairies, and Morgan likely didn't even care. I still find it odd that not even one fairy mentioned seeing Lancelot in Mirror Clan territory around the time they all disappeared.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    because Aurora made all the witnesses disappear too?

when it comes to gathering information wind clan is the best.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; September 23rd, 2021 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo

You mean Wind Clan, right? Also, that does potentially explain things.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Caenis was always a bad fit for a “trans rights” Servant anyway—their desire to go from female to male is explicitly due to trauma rather than any inborn quality, and when they die, their corpse is female.
    Maybe it's because trans people are so desperate for any kind of representation in stories that they'll latch onto things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

This is true, even when d'Eon is in the game. Then again, they're also pro-royalty, which isn't great.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Maybe it's because trans people are so desperate for any kind of representation in stories that they'll latch onto things like this.
    Let's also not forget the same thing happened with Astolfo, and while I do understand how his whole shtick might confuse some people it takes literally 2 minutes of research to see that he's just fucking with people.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    He's just living his best life. Well, his best second life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Caenus/Caenis leaned hard into ancient Greek toxic masculinity for that one
    lol
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Expecting a company headed by Kinoko "don't worry female gamers, Extella isn't that hard" Nasu to be good with LGBT representation is a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Expecting a company headed by Kinoko "don't worry female gamers, Extella isn't that hard" Nasu to be good with LGBT representation is a big mistake.
    Wait, can you expand on what exactly he said about extella and female gamers?

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Wait, can you expand on what exactly he said about extella and female gamers?
    "Also since the series thankfully has so many female fans, it's fundamentally a game that anyone can enjoy if they try. We're making it a game that 10 out of 10 players will be able to clear."

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?